Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Frostyhawk posted:

Man, Joba was fantastic on this one - his verses on The Light I & II were really gutwrenching to listen to. :(

I thought he was the probably the best in the group after Ginger and god did Roadrunner ever reinforce that, he and Kevin don't have a bad verse on the whole album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

RBX posted:

Ok, just making sure. Haven't really been in a mood for music until recently. Anybody else have those periods where you don't wanna listen to new music/anything?

Oh yeah, all the time.

For actual content, been listening to sleepdrone/superposition a ton lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNN6Je7XN9U

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

I wanna say the theory is that the label won't put out anything unless the artist can tour for it. Hence nothing in the covid era.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

When The Gun Draws

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Starks posted:

you guys ever have a name you can never remember no matter how many times you see it? WHat is the name of the rapper who has the album cover with the tiger in an apartment and a swat guy outside. I can't find it in my spotify or by googling. It's not an obscure album or anything a bunch of people had it as their AOTY here.

Armand Hammer - Shrines

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

new Backxwash, her new album apparently has some guest production by clipping. as well which should be fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9RpfCeo5E

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

good kid is a much better album imo, especially if you pretend it ends with Real. Just like TPaB is better if you just stop listening before the fake Tupac interview starts.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

BIG AND PROUD posted:

you do realise there’s more to hip hop than kanye kendrick j Cole drake? How can u call urself a fan of the genre if all you listen to is the mainstream poo poo?

BIG AND PROUD posted:

don't worry who I am. answer the question.

Yes. I don't listen to only the mainstream stuff.

Hope that helps!

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

I've been listening to "The Real Slim Shady" on repeat since April 18th, 2000.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

drat, I want a croissant now.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

AYO within the first 5 seconds. Its a Tyler album alright.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

this is good enough to deserve an embed

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0E0eQ_hH7k

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Big Fish Theory owns so hard. RIP SOPHIE

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

New Kevin Abstract with $NOT and slowthai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vZdv6IYinM

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

I looked up the 2012 XXL Freshman's out of curiosity. Iggy Azalea and Danny Brown share the list. What a good publication.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Kanye should have known that Drake only responds to DMs from 16 year old girls.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

drat drake got a cataloge for his future gfs

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Stop listening to Drake and listen to the new Little Simz album. Be kinder to yourself.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Yeah I thought it was really good, listened to it a few times at work today. I was pleasantly surprised for sure. The Megan verse is great.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

I think it's really good. And at least a bit of that may be my rock bottom expectations but it's still the album I've been listening to the most this week. I'm not super into Scoop and there are few meh songs but they're mostly winners for me.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Dead right now is the highlight for me. That’s a great song.

Absolutely. One of my favourites but one that I don't see many folks talking about for sure. It's definitely front and back loaded, the middle is the weakest part.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

It may only be 8 minutes but I'm digging the new Tierra Whack EP. I hope there's more material coming next year because I've been dying for an LP since Whack World.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Junpei posted:

What's your nomination for the worst two seconds in music of the year?

Worst two seconds: "Said that you a lesbian, girl, me too" -Drake, "Girls Want Girls"

I mean, that's the winner alongside every other 2 second period on the Drake album.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Kevin tweeted about 2021 being their last year before Roadrunner came out. It'll be interesting to see who finds success moving forward. Kevin feels like a given.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Earl's also done Camp Flog Gnaw pretty consistently, just seems like they grew apart musically so don't collaborate but are still friends.

e: Earl was the best part of early OF even if all that poo poo has aged like milk.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Harminoff posted:

Doesn't he (Earl) have a child now? Just figure he is focusing mostly on that currently.

Seems like!

https://twitter.com/earlxsweat/status/1413163971918516224

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

fyallm posted:

My gf 13 year old daughter likes whatever is on tiktok. Its sad

She a big Mountain Goats fan then huh, it's a drat shame.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

best video i've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfXns_cU8I8&t=100s

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

The Saul Williams part... *chefs kiss*

It's a really good album, it's funny to me that the last two times Slowthai and Denzel have collabed it was just to have the other do the chorus on a closing track. I'm digging the variety in features as well, you've got the usual like JID but you also get Rico Nasty, T-Pain and Saul Williams. And they all kill it.

Only real downside so far is that it kind of goes out on a whimper, could have used a stronger closing track.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Ramona Park Broke My Heart is set to release April 8th. Get hyped.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

I liked it overall though the amount of Kodak Black kind of skeeves me out (ya know, cause of the sexual assault). Not to mention how conflicted Auntie Diaries makes me... like it's a pro trans song that also misgenders both people constantly. I get what he's going for but still. Gonna have to give it a few more listens and dig into the lyrics before I make my mind up for sure.

Releasing Heart Pt 5 just before this was a mistake though cause it's better than anything on the album.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

You ever just think about that Ab-Soul feature on Smoke Again where he said "let me put my mouth where you potty, boo". Oh sorry are we still talking about Kendrick?

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

I mean Pusha is missing a banger T-Pain feature on the new album so Denzel wins by default.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Top ten adlibs, no specific order

Slatttt
Bow bow bow bow
Burr
Yeucch (pusha t)
Yeuggh (Gucci)
Hennhh?
OUUUUhhh. (E40)
2 chainz
Nyeeaaaaaaaah
Woop

Really sleeping on "Ayo".

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Haven't listened to the JID album yet but he did a Tiny Desk for it and it's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsaZRcL-OTQ

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Ingmar terdman posted:

drizzy will be bored of it soon

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

wish they'd pull a frank ocean and release an album that's good

pull a frank ocean aka don't do insanely problematic things every year, truly the industries most difficult goal to achieve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

Yeah, Punk Tactics blew up on TikTok and got them a decent fanbase. Definitely fills that Beastie Boys niche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OklSZmIx9-o