Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Dodecalypse posted:

quoting this because lmao

gently caress you for making me aware of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I listened to a Paul Wall album (slabgod) the other day and really liked it. Lil Dicky is p cool too but the highlight of his album was a Hannibal Burress skit

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Do you guys ironically praise Young Thug or am I just not getting it?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Harley C posted:

You only have 2 posts in this thread each one day prior to this, I assume this is some really funny baiting esp since you mentioned how you like little dicky in one of those posts. You can just go on youtube and read lovely arguments about subjective opinions till infinity if that amuses you so I don't really get why its getting brought here.

I'm asking a question, why don't you just chill out bud

Maybe help me find some good songs of his so I can enjoy it too?

What do I have to gain out of baiting the NMD rap thread? I didn't even know this existed until a few days ago and you guys talk about Young Thug literally all the time so I'm thinking either I'm just missing the tracks that are good or its a big in-joke

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Harley C posted:

Well don't get upset, I just went for the most logical answer. If you just want people to show you why they like him through recommendations then here is his most popular songs. It is possible for someone to be good and you to not like them though.

imo its kind of silly to ask this for someone as massive as young thug, its kind of like walking into a house thread and asking people why they like disclosure. you do you though, at least you aren't trying to argue he is poo poo subjectively.

Thanks for actually giving me some songs, I honestly didn't look very hard and didn't even think to look for what groups he is a part of.

I had never heard of Young Thug before this thread, and none of my friends had either so I had no idea he had a massive following. Maybe he hasn't caught on in Canada yet?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

HoneyBoy posted:

How do you learn about lil dicky before yt ???

reddit

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

DoubleCakes posted:

When it comes to fresh and interesting hip-hop, you can't do any better than Viper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds5xcnYs-B0

Somewhere in this world somebody is watching this, leaning back in their chair and thinking just a single word

"Yes"

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

an skeleton posted:

I honestly was starting to feel like Ye might finally fall off with this next album.

lol

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Really liking Starboy

Definitely not 10/10 cover to cover, but there are some real bangers in there

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Kenshin posted:

Has anyone watched this new(?) Netflix documentary series, Hip-Hop Evolution?

I just saw it show up on my recommended list and started the new episode, and holy poo poo thank you Netflix they don't have some white hipster hosting and interviewing, they have Shad Kabango, an actual rapper (though I'll admit I'd never heard of him until now)

Shad is great, The Old Prince, When This Is Over and TSOL are solid albums.

Mobile linking so I hope this works! (Thanks awful app)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-mAMH5S6VA

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

J Cole has always been a snoozer

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I can't stop listening to Black Thought on Funk Flex

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

lmao

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Robert Analog posted:

I’m kinda surprised fab still has enough juice to be invited to the Grammies

fuckkkk

thats who that is! I legit didnt even recognize him I thought it was one of the billion producers

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

LASERS wasn't that bad

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP3xrSPYi-0

its best to not try and ignore flex, but instead just accept it

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Oh no I just heard gummo for the first time and I liked it

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

SCCUMMM GAANNGGG

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Vargatron posted:

I'm too busy yelling SCUUUMMMMM GAAAAANNNNNGGGGGGG at random intervals.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

love this

"my heart is like a package with a fragile label on it" lmao at some of i tho

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAT477KNGfY

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I liked KOD

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Rap is dead

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I liked KOD while I was commuting in the morning yesterday but after hearing my upstairs neighbor blaring it all night you can put me firmly in the I hate J Cole camp

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

As long as there are college freshmen constantly becoming woke J Cole will have an audience

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Kinda liking the Post Malone album tbh

Swae Lee kills it on their collab

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Has it been considered that Kanye is just letting his nuts hang?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

The bizarro world where people have political beliefs?

I think they mean more that these words have lost all meaning, even the little they once had

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I just listened to Fabo for the first time (somehow) and I think it somehow left me with the power to understand mumble rap

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Dirty Computer does indeed own if anyone was on the fence about giving it a listen.

Not really a Janelle Monae fan but I am now after hearing the first half of the album.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZLDO9LCRaQ

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

This is bad

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

drat yo

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

In my relationship I use the grapefruit on her

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

He's not bringing anything lyrically or visually or artistically in any way that someone like Lupe or Kendrick or Vince didn't do a thousand times better and more subtle.

Can someone break down why subtlety is a measure of woke quality? I've seen this used as a mark against other artists and songs as well and I've never really understood why it matters. If it bangs I don't care if a rapper is beating me over the head with the point. Is it because people want to 'get it' and feel superior to their ignorant peers?

This isn't specifically against you or anything Punkin Spunkin, I've just found this hard to get my head around.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

now I gotta listen to The Cool again

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Mac Miller dropped three tracks today that are great (if you like Mac)

http://ad.gt/smallworlds

http://ad.gt/buttons

http://ad.gt/programs

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

temple posted:

i actually like upset. this remix is cool. i miss remixes. drake is a ho but i don't think scorpion will stink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b96JiGr5e2M

"SMS triple X
thats the only time I shoot below the neck"

Drake is responsible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Is the Michael Jackson feature on Scorpion actually the weeknd doing an impression?