Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

The song Youz a Gangsta by DJ Quick, i've always wondered who hes teferencing in that line "This one goes out to that little homie from the 60's who lost his life at that party". Always thought it was funny how vague that is, and I begin to imagine how many young adults died at a party through that entire decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

drat is overrated as hell. I'm ready for everyone to tell me i'm old and uncool, but I don't hear anything in the music that justifies all the hype surrounding it. It reminds me of the hype that Odd Future had. And I don't see it holding up any better than Odd Future's albums have. I've listen to this album several times, but the beats, lyrics, melody, sound average.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Princeps32 posted:

i don't know if you're old, this sounds like the beginning of every conversation I had with college hipsters trying to one up each other: "yeah totally overrated heh dissapointing really, unrelated band namedrop." can confirm you're definitely uncool though!

i mean that in a nice way ofc totally kidding we're all about fun conversation here and all bad opinions are equally valid in the rap thread!!!

The music sounds average at best to me, is what im saying. Does it sound outstanding to you?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Dexo posted:

*insert album everyone likes* is overrated as hell. I'm ready for everyone to tell me i'm old and uncool, but I don't hear anything in the music that justifies all the hype surrounding it. It reminds me of the hype that *insert relatively obscure rapper I really like* had. And I don't see it holding up any better than *insert relatively obscure rapper I really like* albums have. I've listen to this album several times, but the beats, lyrics, melody, sound average.

*insert Odd Future*

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

drat, there’s almost no discussion of actual music going on here, but I guess thats a natural result of current hip hop being bad.

Its crazy how the popularity of rappers rises and falls faster than Ronda Rousey, and gopro stock.

I remember how crazy everyone was going for Odd Future. Then the “fans” abandoned them and they broke up.

Then the same with chief keef, death grips, kendrick lamar, lil uzi vert, migos. I havent changed my underwear since lil xan went up and down. And im still waiting for earl sweatshirt to make a better album than kanye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Why is hip hop music so fickle in this era? People rant and rave about a rapper, and then after a year, they disappear from the consciousness of listeners, and aren't talked about anymore. It it because they don't have major labels spending a fortune on promo and marketing? Or is it because the music isn't as good as people initially believe?