Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

I've been listening to Based on a True Story Trick Daddy's first album. It is a quite good and holds up well for something released in 1997. IMO it is highly under appreciated and I have a sort of Jihad to inspire my friends to love it as much as I do. What album do you do missionary work for?

Sneaky Fast fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

You know Kanye is quality when the general consensus "worst album" features Stronger (overplayed but tight at the time), Good Life, Can't Tell Me Nothin, Everything I am, The Glory, Big Brother, Homecoming and Flashing Lights. Personally i really enjoyed Barry Bonds, but I'm not sure how good the song actually is. There isn't a Kanye West album i don't like a goodly amount, even 808's.

I would also say that for me College Dropout will always be his best album because the themes resonate with me. It is also interesting to hear the dichotomy between the way Kanye West envisioned himself dealing with fame and how he has actually done so. CD and Yeezus as bookend albums are really intriguing glimpses into his psyche

Sneaky Fast fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 6, 2015

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Did hashtag really start in that song? I would have guessed one of The Carter's

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

50 cent is so whack live

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Budget Prefuse posted:

on a less serious note: beatking released club god 4 and it's great. it's heavily influenced by three 6 mafia (obviously) and beatking is genuinely funny. probably his best solo work so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l7_I9bmSkE

He was great on Underground Cassete Tape Music

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Late but this is pretty nice.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

xbilkis posted:

Drake dropped his "mixtape" on itunes for $12.99 lmao

Your right! Drake totally undersold himself. I'd have paid $15.99!

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

What did Birdman do that he's so hated?

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Stumbled across this today. I love Black Thought so much :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysLhA7yTuLo

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

The REAL Goobusters posted:

gently caress no

i saw him for free and he was poo poo.

Seriously? I would not have expected that. What's the best live hip hop show you've seen?

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

It really is an astute point KL changes up his tone and timbre so well and often, that it sorta becomes one of his defining characteristics as a MC

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

That's lame and lovely. Hope he doesn't extend his silent treatment because of reddit detectives.

E: backseat freestyle was the first Kendrick i really listened to, blew me the gently caress away.

Two people told me to listen to him on the same day and the first track I heard was rigamortis. It blew my loving mind. I had never heard 45 seconds of straight light speed versing that was so lyrical complex before. I remember thinking ooooohhhhh this dude is the from the future! :dance:

Also someone mentioned listening to KL high, strangely I don't like his music nearly as much when I am high.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

I didn't cry but I found this track pretty emotional http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VhdHwphvhxU

It's like the only Vinnie Paz song I've ever liked

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Whoever mentioned The Glory by Kanye for emotional songs :tipshat:

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

I don't totally get the vitriol about the Noisey pieces. They aren't great, but the still have some interesting moments.

Sneaky Fast fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 6, 2015

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Stop your foolishness

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Being quotable isn't the only facet of the title best rapper. Kanye makes up for his mediocre lyricism by spitting on game changing beats, HE created. But he isn't the best rapper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Nate Dogg is what makes Area Codes, not Luda