Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Really like the new Ab-Soul album. "Just Have Fun" is the standout track for me, but I would have loved a version without the stupid skit and outro. Other than that, he mentions Montreal in "Feelin' Us" which is pretty awesome.

I also enjoy the new Riff Raff as background music. Call me crazy, but as someone that never really listened to him much, I was surprised by the album. Decent features, nice variety of beats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I know I'm probably late for this, but thoughts on new Big K.R.I.T. album? Gave it a listen, and it's pretty enjoyable but nothing too groundbreaking. More "soulful" than I would have expected

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Two-9 - B4FRVR > KL - To Pimp a Butterfly

I'm only comparing them cause they were released around the same time. I've definitely gotten much more enjoyment out of the Two-9 mixtape

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ok, can anyone solve this mystery for me?

Two-9 released B4FRVR many months ago, and it was on Spotify. I had the album saved and loved many of the tracks.

Then it disappeared randomly out of nowhere and I lost it on my Spotify.

Now, just recently, I realized that it's back because 1 of the 4 songs I had saved on a playlist is back in it. HOWEVER, I looked at the B4FRVR album that is back on Spotify (and Apple music) and realized that the tracklist is completely different. The Wiz Khalifa song is gone, as are Money Counter and Did it (I particularly liked "did it")

Does anyone know why the album was taken away and re-released with a different tracklist?

on Datpiff, you can still find the old one

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Just started listening to Mac Miller's new album and I'm loving the first track (post intro) so far. I hope it's a sign of things to come, cause I miss him rapping on smooth beats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bows1 posted:

Finally got a chance to listen to the new Mac Miller record, confirmed good.

I would have preferred more beats like on "Brand Name"

I really dislike his "darker" beats. I understand that he wants to "evolve" as a rapper and not be known as a jocky teenager anymore, but his best work was when he rapped on smoother beats. Macadelic remains his best release, cause it was the perfect balance between "serious" and "upbeat"