Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

thathonkey posted:

I turn off the embedded youtube player option because it kills my laptop/phone that i use to read this thread so it would be nice to at least include the artist or one or two words about the link. Is that really asking too much of posters?
FWIW, I agree with you that it's unhelpful to just post youtubes without any description at all, but re: embedded youtubes (on your laptop at least), this Chrome extension was a lifesaver, it doesn't actually load the embedded video until you click, but you still get to see the title, etc: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sa-forums-lightweight-thr/ijdihgeikohegdnjbbgjkdaahpbkpnef

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Budget Cop posted:

i've seen run the jewels and both of them separately live already and they're pretty fantastic. they're both very energetic performers, are pretty funny and have great chemistry on stage together. when i saw them they did the entire run the jewels album and then like 3 solo songs each (el-p also did an old company flow song)
Yeah, I really enjoyed the RtJ show I saw

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Crystal Caines who co-produced Lord on A$AP Ferg's album has a new track with a verse from Ferg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myl0zrvAuhE

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Insanely Sikh posted:

I think you're being disingenuous here. For me, Run The Jewels had a few decent tracks but I thought it was bizarre how much love it was getting at the time and how much it still is. Fair enough if you disagree
Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment. RTJ got gushed over, and it's reasonable to think that it's good but undeserving of how effusive people were in their praise (though I'm assuming temple is not saying it's good)

Budget Cop posted:

despite my avatar literally being fanart of his logo here is my completely unbiased opinion on el-p: he is the greatest rapper alive
Hah I didn't know that's what your av was supposed to be

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

alansmithee posted:

I thought that was just Rob Sonic? For a bit of background, they had an album out before together (or the group did), and Rob Sonic had a couple albums out on Def Jux that are pretty solid. I also think he was maybe in the Atoms family but not 100% sure (I know Hangar 18 were).
Yeah I liked Rob Sonic's stuff on Def Jux, his raps are mostly whatever but I really like his production. He has earlier stuff too that's in the same style under the name Sonic Sum (may have been a collab with someone else? not sure). HMM didn't really follow the same uniform aesthetic that Telicatessen had, but it wasn't bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=709pgZ_BlmI

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past