Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

For a lack of a better place to ask this, anyone get on some good new beat tapes/instrumental albums lately? I need dom$olo to bust out some new poo poo or something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

I'm not done with the new Underachievers yet either but I'm gonna say that it's really fuckin good.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

new gates album is absolutely brilliant

I came here to post this. He'll never live down loving his cousin imo, but Islah is really good

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

alansmithee posted:

If you saw his line before, it was pretty much all slave clothes so now he's probably gonna have a lot of blood stains and bullet holes in his poo poo I'm guessing.

$2,181

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Good Will Hrunting posted:

what are your favorite tracks on the gates album, i listen to the first 5 and like them so much i just keep repeating them and gently caress

Honestly the first four songs are the best imo. When I first listened through and got to Pride (my current favorite) I was frankly stunned because I'd never heard an album open so goddamn hard

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

new beyonce video is so good

Insanely so. For all the imagery in the video, it's the distorted VHS-style sequence in the parking lot that I found the most bizarrely mesmerizing

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Joe Gillian posted:

Make this post make sense, please.

The way I'm reading it suggests that Kelly Rowland gave birth to her own sister

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Coloring Book is up on DatPiff.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

when did everyone start giving a poo poo about chance? did people actually like acid rap / donglover era? he had a loving sweet verse on tlop but a lot of why it went over so well with me is that literally nothing on the album sounds anything like it.

i will definitely give coloring book a crack since people are loving it but i feel like i missed something.

10 Day had me taking notice and Acid Rap quickly became one of my favorite albums in a while. Surf is alright, but only a couple of songs off of that still get any play for me.

Alongside Islah, Acid Rap had one of my favorite sequences of opening tracks with Good rear end Intro, Pusha Man/Paranoia, and Cocoa Butter Kisses. It falls off a bit after that, but overall I really appreciate the style he's been gradually forging for himself. Dude's work is pretty idiosyncratic, so it'd be weird if everyone dug it, but it definitely works for me.

I can't speak much on Coloring Book yet, but I really gently caress with the intro song (the audio seems kind of hosed up to me though).

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Man, I can't find a better example of the way I deviate from the rest of this thread in terms of taste. Maybe it's the Tennessee upbringing, or the jazzy hip hop predilections, but I think Isaiah Rashad's new album is incredible.

It's all of a relatively similar style, but drat, y'all, the poo poo is dope. 4r da Squaw, Free Lunch, Rope // rosegold, Wat's Wrong (Kendrick coming through as always) is an opening-of-Islah level sequence of songs. AA is dope, Dressed like Rappers' hook has been stuck in my head for the past two days, etc. Maybe I'm overvaluing production here, but I'm gonna be playing the poo poo out of this for the foreseeable future.

Looking forward to hearing what Travis Scott has in store, but I feel like The Sun's Tirade is worth an extended listen, especially if you're into a mellower sound.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Best album of the year so far, by a lot. I've been wearing Humble out for weeks and now I don't think it's in my top 5 off of this album.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

I like the new Vince a lot. I feel like 2017 has been extremely loving dope so far, especially when I pretend that Logic album didn't happen

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Maxo Kream’s poo poo is dope.

Juicy J’s is good too, though I grew up in Memphis in the 90s and therefore cannot be trusted on anything 3 6 related. Mostly I just think his career is something to behold

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLi5_8JWoAU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

real hosed up. used to live right over by that makeda’s. memphis has enough killing, and this is definitely going to lead to a lot more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

thathonkey posted:

it brings me no pleasure to reporte that freddie gibbs ex tweeted that she has a pic he sent of him spreading his rear end and now everyone is calling him "spreadie gibbs"

lol