Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i went to find some of the old malt liquor commercials rappers made in the early 90s only to find out that Colt 45 is still paying rappers to do them. that's wonderful.

that being said I'm pretty sure Apple doubled the amount of product placement in that video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

im going to spam max b tracks later when I get a chance

i see no problem with this

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

RBX posted:

Young Thug is barely music you hipsters.

I'm glad that the "lol rap music?? more like CRAP music" mentality has crossed the divide

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
someone just repost the blog/article that outlines the j cole/big sean rap industry polarization because it was pretty spot on IIRC

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i am both personally and professionally offended at the obscuring of the worldstar watermark in that gif

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

this is cool but it just sounds like waka trying to knockoff gunplay's whole schtick

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
you guys missed this gem from the XXL interview

quote:

Mr. Greenberg expounded that he’s not sure if the “Hot Nigga” rapper is in jail or not but that Epic Records should “stand behind their artist. But then again it is a subdivision of Sony, so you tell me if the have the balls to stand up for their people.”

“My guy is rich, he’s busy, he’s always on tour,” Greenberg added. “He doesn’t have time for this bullshit; it makes no sense. He’s making more money legit than it’s possible to make, it’s crazy. My guys are legit, end of story. Give me a fuckin’ break. But he’s a target.”

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
his website is also equally astounding

quote:

- COMMENTS ABOUT HOWARD GREENBERG -

*" Nine out of ten transcripts used to train new assistant district attorneys in narcotics cases are from Greenberg''s trials".

Source: Deputy Supervisor, Major Narcotics in a well-known Brooklyn District Lawyer's office.

*" No one can win a federal trial involving narcotics out of JFK Airport unless it's Howard Greenberg."

Source: Instructor in Federal Criminal Practice, Kings County Bar Association Seminar.

*" Howard Greenberg is the BEST CROSS-EXAMINER ON THE PLANET! "

Source: Prof., Trial Advocacy, CUNY Law.

"A SUPER-HERO in Court"

Source: Michael Uslan, Executive Producer of Batman

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
man of the party should have been everyone's introduction to makonnen but he wasn't that lucky

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
As a Keef fan I (and many other fans) would openly admit that he doesn't come close to anything that could be considered 'genius.' Young Chop on the other hand....

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Trying to equate him to Soulja is absurd tho.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

alansmithee posted:

They both had followings that grew out of largely local music bases while they were young, a couple catchy hits that got them known more nationally, largely disappointing major label debuts, and seemingly lost a lot of their following as they started on more "interesting" music decisions.

alansmithee posted:

Musically, both make largely throwaway, lyrically simple but often catchy songs (which are heavily supported by production and hooks).

Ah, yes, of course. They're both victims of a condition known commonly as "being a rapper." More specifically, "a rapper who wants to get radio play."

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

rap hands on fleek

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

InnercityGriot posted:

Stop downloading French Montana tapes, you already know that fool can't rap, Mr. Muthafucking Exquire has a new tape out.

half the people downloading French tapes do it for the production, the other half don't particularly care about his (or anyone else's) rapping prowess.

it turns out that listening to music isn't some weird variation of playing FIFA or NBA2K15 where you just want the guys with the highest numbers on your team. very strange.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

UoI posted:

He stopped in the middle of song to yell at a guy in a wheelchair for not standing up during his concert. gently caress Kanye.

In the world of absolutely reprehensible things that rappers have done this really does takes the cake. Seriously; gently caress You, Kanye.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

temple posted:

GOAT in two genres.

Pharrell still exists, bud.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
That being said I quite like that song and prefer it to the majority of the rap songs I've heard from him.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
let's take a moment to reflect on cam'ron, the first documented case of max b on a diplomats record, and the most likely reason why cam's music is still banned in all 40/40 clubs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFsO7tmfT_s

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
do you guys really think casting a fish-out-of-water white boy was an accident

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
heres hoping they have pelle pelle velor track suits in heaven

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Robert Analog posted:

I'm not familiar with Zaytoven

What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF-hq_CHNH0

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

A3th3r posted:

Lupe is seriously the new age Kanye.

lmao yeah nice :waycool:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if there is one thing I know about Kanye West it is that he is lazy and cheap.

lol

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Yo! NMD Raps - suggestions for Kanye West on how to make music itt

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

We're doing best white rapper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjR3ZRyy-s

Save your money, get your publishing, don't get hosed over by Diddy, etc. or you will have to do terrible great poo poo like this

holy poo poo what is happening here

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
hyped that NMD has grown from ranking Radiohead albums to ranking Kanye albums. this is progress

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

That Lil Ty Jadakiss track is unironically better than anything Mac Miller has done loving lmao

I like Twin Peugots from Blue Chips 2 enough that I don't skip his verse. I don't know that I'd necessarily listen to that lil ty song ever again.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

temple posted:

I don't think it is a good way to appreciate hiphop and its culture by using an intimate moment between 2 legends to ridicule a dead guy's legacy. Didn't expect someone that vocally champions minorities to twist a jail house letter, a tradition in the greater black culture from MLK and on, into a joke.

uh

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
is scion a title sponsor

j/w

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX6rC1krGp0

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Profondo Rosso posted:

he kinda reminds me of meek or waka but on alot of coke

this seems like as good of a time as any to remember the short lived career of what was to me the original 'sounds like he does bumps in the studio' rapper

flipside, peedi. flipside indeed

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
hahahaha holy hell look at that cover

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

shut up kenshin that cover is amazing

just to clarify this is how i feel w/r/t that cover. its unreal. that m&m's eyebrows are in its drat hat popping out of the snapback.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Kenshin posted:

It's a base A4 or A5 or something. Poormobile.

Stick an R8 or something fun on there and you've brought the album cover up to 11.

but you like the trashy $200 winged adidas?? idgi

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
no text, figure out a way to animate it blingee style and you're gold

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Pops Ghostly posted:

This one really got to me. I have alot of cousins in jail, and hearing Max's words of encouragement for French just made me wish I had friend like that

maybe don't watch 2:45 to 4:00 in this vid then!!!

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh5uP7KlcmVk5C7CPh

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Stream Heems new album here and eat some cookie dough in your bed while watching AMC on mute while you have a good sob you sensitive babies. gently caress emotions

**links to NPR.org**

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
why am I excited for a dipomats reunion in 2015

I mean Cam can do whatever he wants and I'll listen to it. For some reason I still believe that Juelz can still manage to be A Good Rapper. Jim Jones is still a laughingstock but it seems like he got rid of the Under Armor. Freaky is a non-factor. I don't get it.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
yes because the original lyricism found on oochie wally needed no improvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

RCarr posted:

Ummmm Nas won a grammy for Oochie Wally.

his bodyguard got robbed