Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

HorseRenoir posted:

the reference is corny but I think he manages to salvage it with a decent punchline
yeah it was decently clever, I don't see why people hate it. it's not like Eminem making Christopher Reeves or Michael J Fox references in 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Dexo posted:

Seriously. If I were an artist the only label I would sign with would be G.O.O.D Music.
I still don't understand the point of a label in 2016. I feel like an internet connection is all you really need.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Robert Analog posted:

While I don't wish American prison on anyone Troy ave sucks and I get a little schadenfreude in him owning himself so hard.
The way the story is playing out, from pure speculation of course, it seems like the shots were fired at him first. The shot to his leg and the fatal shot to his bodyguard. If that were the case and the gun was wrestled away from the shooter, I do feel a bit of empathy for him. Chasing after your attempted murderer and firing shots in a crowded room was still a dumb move, but I'm going to assume taking a bullet and witnessing your childhood friend take a bullet is going to heavily impair your judgment in that moment.

It's a sad situation and hopefully the truth comes out in court. I'm not saying Troy Ave is innocent or deserves to walk, but I think there are some other people that need to be held accountable for that night. Unfortunately I think Troy Ave is ignorant enough that he won't cooperate with police because of some stupid image he wants to uphold, which is only a disservice to the guy's family who literally lost his life.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Robert Analog posted:

I don't like that guy and I can't put my finger on why
I don't like his music, but I can't help but like him as a person. He's literally a teenager who is basking in the moment with genuine appreciation and excitement. It's like he knows he's not supposed to be here, but he's here and he's going to openly enjoy every minute of it.

I guess it's just a nice break from guys who break into the game and then act like they're too cool to express any excitement.

With that said I still think he's a poo poo artist.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Joe Budden dissed Drake

#DrakeHive...

ASSSSSSSEEEEMBLEEEEEEE!!!!

Jk but how is it?
His flow is awful, but he has bars as usual.

"I'm from a school where pussy don't get me punch drunk, maybe it's different in the city that you come from"

Joe probably banned from Toronto. But honestly the JoeBuddenTV intro was clever, it almost puts Drake into a position where he has to respond because he can't pretend Joe is irrelevant to him.

edit: "I kill a Graham without weighing a thing"

vanbags fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 1, 2016

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

the_american_dream posted:

Got into Joe Budden's podcast over the long weekend and i had no fuckin clue he was rap game Stephen A Smith except way more knowledgeable. Very entertaining
He's highly entertaining when he's talking about rap or sports, but his co-hosts are loving idiots

I need more podcasts of rappers talking about rap. Joe Budden and NORE, is that it?

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Apparently Joe Budden is dropping another diss track soon called "Wake", which I assume is about Meek Mill. He, along with his engineer Parks, have been dropping hints about "2:31" on twitter and instagram.

So maybe 2:31am is the time to expect it. I don't really care about a Joe Budden/Meek Mill beef, or Meek Mill in general anymore, but Joe Budden has yet to disappoint me with a diss record.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Harley C posted:

Joe Budden sucks
With jewels like that you should be a twitter personality

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Joe Budden - Wake

Back at Drake. This is scathing.

"No really, we want a Party album
But you keep stealing all of Party's album
To go and put it on your party album"

vanbags fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 6, 2016

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Who's he trying to convince here

Like, good, gently caress drake, but what's the point
Drake started a verse with "Pump, pump, pump it up" on his yet to be released track with French Montana. It was a subliminal and Joe doesn't really have a history of letting subliminals go unchecked.

And you can argue the "Pump It Up" reference had nothing to do with Joe, but oddly enough it came out directly after Joe poo poo on Views on his podcast.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I mean I get that but more like

Anyone who would care about the many ways drake sucks already knows those many ways

And the vast majority of drake's audience doesn't care even if they do know
I honestly don't think he's doing it for an audience other than Drake. Joe is a weird dude.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

the_american_dream posted:

If his podcast is anything to go by he's doing it just because he feels like it and feels like rapping. Like, he's self proclaimed many times to be Drake's biggest fan
Yeah I think he's definitely been waiting on this for awhile. But I don't think it would have ever happened if Drake hadn't started with the passive aggressive jabs, which I have no idea why Drake would feel motivated to acknowledge Joe Budden in that capacity

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydTm258iR7I

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0UsdW91IN0

If Premier can do albums with Royce why can't Just Blaze just do an entire Joell Ortiz album?

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Joe Budden already has a response out

If those were the original lyrics in the Drake and French track, I guess Joe isn't so crazy for assuming he was being dissed. I think it would have been smarter for him to wait until the track actually came out though.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Drake just wants pusha to piss on him tbh
Didn't Tip's homey already do that

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
which ones are the tracks in the same vein as Two Birds One Stone where he raps and takes shots because that's all I'm interested in hearing

and is there a Budden response

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Housh posted:

You girls finish doing your nails while listening to Drake?

I haven't gotten to More Life yet but enjoying the new BOSS :smugdon:
Bink showed his rear end on that. Best Rocafella producer

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Lose You sounds exactly like 30 For 30 Freestyle but I'm not really complaining

Santorini Greece

vanbags fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 19, 2017

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
the Jay-z slander is real

great album though, all praise to No ID. "Marcy Me" probably top 5 Jay track

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

jay is wack for dissing kanye like that
Ye made it out better than Young Chris

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

HorseRenoir posted:

lmao Kanye left Tidal because Jay was screwing him out of over $3m http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/02/kanye-west-jay-z-tidal-money-lawsuit/ gently caress Tidal, gently caress Jay Z
so we're taking tmz at its word now?

should probably wait on the court documents

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Dexo posted:

Yeah the deal with Sprint probably paid for the Album
Had to because it's already went platinum.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

RBX posted:

Does that even mean anything anymore, we really need something else these days
I'd say it means more than ever since it's significantly more difficult to obtain in the streaming era. In the late 90s and 00s all you needed was one hit to move 1mil physical copies. Now you need 1500 individual streams to count as one album sold.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

:lol: Well that didn't take long. What, he just wanted it to go platinum (by selling a poo poo ton of copies to Sprint) first?
Not sure why you're shocked it was only supposed to be a Tidal/Sprint exclusive for a week. It's only on Apple and Amazon though because Spotify hoes artists when it comes to payouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Boywhiz88 posted:

It just seems very unearned for the whole fanfare of "13th platinum plaque" without actually engaging in sales, etc. Like, of course people are gonna download something for free. It doesn't fit with the investment of buying an album or listening to it so many times on a streaming service. Platinum is tough as hell in this day and age and requires a lot behind it to make it happen. This is like rules lawyering to get a plaque.
Either way it's irrelevant because it will be double platinum in a month or two from actual sales and streams. If it were any other rapper aside from Jay, Em, Kanye, or Drake I could see the argument, but those guys are inevitably getting a plaque.