Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

youtube cut the title off at Lil B... got my hopes up

also a lil disappointed that thuggers just on the hook and nowhere to be seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Yuzenn posted:

I mean your first post about me was a veiled attempt to insinuate that I am white or at least act white

gently caress your skin color you're boring as poo poo

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

i listened to this record so much in high school it pained me when he never bothered to record a follow up

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
em couldnt throw guilty simpson a bone huh

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
there isn't any, that's just what people say when a new carter is coming out

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
i'm stupid and read a bunch of pages of this thread and it's still pretty bad and alan, cool buff man and newjack kenshin are the only people making posts worth reading. bummer

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
apologies if you've been posting in here for a while kenshin, i've just never rated you

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

well, that second one is a necro beat actually

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yah i just meant verses not beats

e:

prayin for another danny brown x mfn collab this hot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7ls0MaUTrU

:worship:

they are both on a track on heems' nehru jackets also

they should do more together

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

A3th3r posted:

I would have bought that album by a female rapper.. there's a phrase I never thought I'd say.

Can you like, shut up

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

alansmithee posted:

So if people got any other albums in the last year or so they think didn't get enough mention or whatever, sell people on them. Big releases, small releases, whatever. That's really the advantage of a place like this-you can actually question people (usually) and whatnot, over random lists of new releases or w/e.

that Chimurenga Renaissance record is one of my favorites of the year but you probably have heard that one

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Budget Cop posted:

(suge knight voice)

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

doctor thodt posted:

Anyone check out the new M.O.P. yet? Is it even worth checking out new M.O.P. in 2014?

it's extremely underwhelming

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
new kevin gates is really good, worthy successor to the first luca brasi imo

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

40 lbs to freedom posted:

new d'angelo is super good but you guys are trying to say its better than voodoo without even 24 hours passing yet. you've probably listened to it barely over 1.5 times cool your loving jets.

*listens to first 3 tracks* AOTY

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
yeah that track would be 50% better without him on it

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Cool Buff Man posted:

J cole is eeyore

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Yuzenn posted:

Cyhi Da Prynce is so drat good though,

heh, its this guy

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

alansmithee posted:

Yeah bro da streetz was clamoring for that real, hardcore, lana del rey poo poo! You know, that real, uncut rawness. Now when he gonna dose us with some straight up gangsta Ariel Pink? Or how about some thugged out Grouper? Nothing but the realness, G

yung group'

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Pops Ghostly posted:

Are you guys looking forward to anything dropping this Christmas? I know Chinx Drugz is dropping Cocaine Riot 5. I think Gucci is dropping something, and a few others. It would be great if a major artist dropped a surprise mix tape or something. I got a feeling Gambino may be cooking something up. #CR5ChristmasDay

Lol shut the gently caress up dude

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

Anyone recognize some of the vocal samples from the French Montana tape?

How You Want It:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCyoZnhalY8

The Electric Prunes - Holy Are You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR1QYJmf9WE

also used on this fat joe joint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fszAH5aP54

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

why is slick rick dressed like link

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

good electric posted:

do people who listen to young thug now gently caress with peewee longway yet? the servin' lean remix is the hottest song nobody's heard

https://soundcloud.com/dailyloudmusic/peewee-longway-feat-aap-rocky-servin-lean-remix

longway's flow is ridiculously on point and surprisingly hasn't been jacked yet by a major label artist, oh yeah there's a a$ap rocky feature too

his second hottest song is sneakin n geekin

https://soundcloud.com/hoodrichkeem/peewee-longway-sneakin-n

which he recorded in his closet while one of his goons waved a gun around lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMlLLFkAR6Y

yeah noones heard this stuff. good look

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

temple posted:

Rappers that have grown, maintained, or changed:

Common
Talib Kweli
Mobb Deep
Mos Def
Juicy J
Nas
Royce
Cam'ron
Ghostface
DOOM
Kanye
De La Soul
Black Eyed Peas
Aesop Rock
Busta Rhymes
E-40
Necro
Murs
Kool Keith

???
Jay Z
Eminem
Wayne

every single one of these dudes are worse now and far from their heydey, with the exception of e-40

also lmao @ necro

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Kenshin posted:

If we're gonna include underground I think Vinnie Paz has consistently gotten better with every album (both solo and JMT)

lmao

dethkon posted:

While we're talking about the old-school (and Necro), Kool G Rap literally hasn't changed at all since 1988, and I love him for it.

1992*

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Farm Frenzy posted:

you're a gigantic weiner

^^^^^^^

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

rear end Catchcum posted:

Do you guys sincerely like this thugga guy? Because I'm listening to the new album and not only can you not really hear what he's saying but when I can it's nothing special. I mean, in the first song birdman says so high I look Chinese.

I dunno I just can't believe people listen to this instead of run the jewels

thanks for your input

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

How u defend that birdman line tho

who fuckin cares dude, its birdman

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

*e-40 voice* YUP

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
wwhoa pumpkinhead died

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

obi_ant posted:

I need someone to compile all of Gucci's poo poo that's worth listening. Like individual songs on each of his 99 mix tapes. I like some of the dudes stuff but I don't want to spend time listening to some weak rear end songs.

no.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Cole posted:

Future is annoying and horrible.

Future is what would happen if T-Pain came out with rap albums. I got tired of T-Pain a decade ago.

Young Thug is horrible too. He sounds like a fuckin' weasel and I can't stand it. Call it the Akon effect I guess.

I'm not sure how people can think it is good music. I can see how it can be entertaining, because even I'm entertained by lovely music. But good music?

:cmon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia1KAi01IfQ

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Tremendous Taste posted:

What about das efx

he didnt say figgidyfuckboy

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Play posted:

i had no idea that people who really like hip hop actually like future

shut up dork

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Am I the only one who thinks Em's still got it?

*e-40 voice* YUP

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

"Jay Rock Jay Rock we just got the initial projections of your first week sales"
"Oh word?"
"100k records!"
"Wow that's unbelievable, I guess the label was right, building up all this hype and keeping me on the shelf for four years is really gonna pay off. Wow that's incredible"
"Just kidding you're expected to sell 14 thousand because we have the worst management in the industry!"
"Haha oh maaaaan"

"your poo poo was even delayed on atrilli"

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

HorseRenoir posted:

Slime Season is good, but if I'm gonna listen to a compilation of Thugger leaks I'd rather just make my own playlist tbh

we got a hot take here folks

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
stop responding to temple you loving morons

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

The Trap posted:

Moment of Violence off Documentary 2.5 is one of the best rap tracks of the year. A blazing hard hitting feature from Aftermath artist Justus just takes it over the top! drat! Where is this guys album?!?!

how much are they paying you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Harley C posted:

Kanye can't release his album cos every album he has done has been focused on the club. ATL poo poo is the only successful stuff rn and he can't blatantly rip that off, plus if he released normal trap it would be going back 2-3 albums of progression. All his new stuff has been soft I've had a kid now bullshit and nobody really wants that because he is a club rapper when it comes down to it. In summary I hope he surprises me, hell even if he got brodinski again and released yeezy 2 I would be happy. Just no singing poo poo.

thank u for the summary, because i didnt read the other poo poo