Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.

thathonkey posted:

I guess it (Anaconda) leaked already but it comes out tomorrow? Very convenient timing given all the buzz created by Flawless (remix).

edit: if this has been posted already I missed it, sorry -
I can't find a Youtube of it but the title track - Anaconda - is on Spotify and is uh... very Sir-Mix-a-Lot-inspired but somehow it kinda works for me. I like all the Nicki rapping I've heard lately.

Yeah I dug the Nikki verse on Senile too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxo_9KbVS0I

Thanks to whoever recommended this Pell album. Sounds a lot like Chance without all the nuh nuh neh neh nehs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

drat I saw 50 new posts and I though Spark Master Tape dropped a new mixtape.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

This is why you shouldn't do end of the year lists in early December. You miss things like D'Angelo, Beyonce, and this.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

Profondo Rosso posted:

Is hoody Allen any good?

nah

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

InnercityGriot posted:

I just got the new billy woods album in my inbox. It's really, really good. In format/structure it's basically his Madvillain, with the same short tracks, dense imagery, lack of hooks for the most part, and strange beats backing everything. Dude's rapping has even slowed down to that Doom level tempo on occasion. Anybody who's into his work will really like this poo poo, and if you haven't been able to get into dude before, this album might be more digestible.

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize that was coming out on Tuesday. Really like Dour Candy so I'm excited for this release.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

Can't believe how much I'm feeling this T-Pain mixtape. "Trust Issues" is pretty great and "Booty Butt rear end" is the best song title of the year.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

100s - IVRY mixtape from last year is a good summer driving record.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

But the world is onto bigger and brighter (literally) white drill superstars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRo48zg2iyU

Dude looks like Yolandi with a sex change,

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

You like it?

I AM BRAWW posted:

The return of Spark Master Tape is the most important event of 2016

What kind soup you making?

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

Kenshin posted:

Raz Simone just released Trap Spirituals on HNHH: http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/raz-simone-trap-spirituals-new-mixtape.116249.html

A few tracks we've seen before, a few new ones

Hot drat, an album with Green Light on it. Will definitely give this a listen.

This dude is so desperate to be a super villain that it's embarrassing.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

drat, on first listen this Jazz Cartier album is loving awesome. Definitely feeling it more than Islah.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

Is there a good book that talks about the genesis and rise of hip-hop? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to pre-90s rap and want to know more.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

whodatwhere posted:

Sweeet, though one reason I enjoyed the first mixtapes so much was there wasn't constantly changing pitch shift. Like it was pitch shifted but then stayed for the most part. First half of this song kind of falls into the case where it's just over done imo.

Yeah, the pitch shifting was the worst part of the song, but drat that guy knows how to drop a bangin' beat.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

Boywhiz88 posted:

How is that counted though? Individual tracks streamed? Full playthroughs? I can't imagine there were 250 million Tidal trials.

It's how many streams of any track from the album. If you listen to it once for example, it counts as 19 streams.

On another note, SS3 owns. It's YT's most consistent work yet.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

f5ing the poo poo outta Spark Master Tape's soundcloud page while purging Michete from my YouTube watch history and my long-term memory.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

Sounds like we need another round of #trapcovers to wash away the sins of that lovely Panda cover.

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

The Flying Milton posted:

How do I download this damned mixtape? I dont want to stream with Apple Music.

Looks like it's an Apple Music exclusive aka no downloading. I suppose that's one way to not sell it to snatch the grammy. Bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

Wezlar posted:

Personally I saw him on Last Week Tonight and thought his rapping was pretty corny (though obviously I feel for the people of Puerto Rico, that poo poo is awful) so I wasn't really interested in checking it out.

Didn't really give a poo poo about Hamilton, but just found out the main dude from clipping plays Thomas Jefferson, so I kinda wanna see that.