Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I swear we get this post every couple months and somehow it's never actually a troll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I AM BRAWW posted:

What's the new Big Sean joint?

terrible

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

cryme posted:

Can you like, shut up

There's no way he's not trolling just put him on ignore.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Macklemore just sucks hth

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Antequek posted:

Why do people keep on talking about who likes the music they don't like? isn't not liking it enough? you don't have to justify your feelings by listing off people you don't like that like the music you like, are you like getting what I'm saying?

No

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Temple is a goddamn master troll. Another dude links a video of Kendrick performing and says he likes the song. Temple takes the opportunity to swoop in and fire shots at anyone who doesn't like it while also bringing up his love of Macklemore and Childish Gambino completely out of context for no reason other than he knows alansmithee hates them and will take the bait. Now we're 2 pages in.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Everyone was hating on Ferg before Trap Lord dropped but I told you :colbert:

Crumbletron posted:

the superior Jay is hopefully gonna put out an album this year so who cares :cool:

How did a post from 2010 get onto the last page

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Crumbletron posted:

Mr. Rock of course. :colbert:

Ohhhhhhhh I thought you meant Jay Electronica

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Not sure if it counts as files so I won't link, but the snippets for Shady XV leaked and they sound...just awful

The only thing I want to hear is Detroit vs Everyone or whatever it's called

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

:lol: Really America? Really? Time to roll up and arrest everyone claiming Blood or Crip I guess.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

GET MONEY posted:

wayne really snapped on that new nicki. fully in the pocket. when is c5 out again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU769XX_dIQ&t=200s

This song would be so sick if they put Thug on the hook instead of Chris Brown.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Really? MY BROTHER IS THE BIGGEST EMINEM FAN BUT NOW THE poo poo HE SAYS ABOUT WOMEN ALL THE TIME IS DIRECTED AT ME

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Should have used The Weeknd drunk in love remix!

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnGnj_e6gBw This song by A Tribe Called Red popped up in my facebook feed today for American thanksgiving.

I guess it's more electronic than hip hop but I don't post in those threads.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I know you said you're new here so I don't want to be a dick but do people go into rock music threads and say like "Sup guys I like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin discuss"

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Squirtle posted:

I took the other approach. It's good so far but not entirely what I was expecting. I've never heard a lot of Royce though so this is going to be a first. So far my impression is that he's talented, but not overly interesting tbh.

I definitely agree with you on Royce. He has skills for days but I've never really felt his songs. Some of his older tapes weren't bad but I feel like ever since Slaughterhouse formed they've all just tried to out rap eachother and most of their songs just feel flat. Maybe I'm completely off base but I still think the best song Royce ever wrote was The Message.

I saw them live though and it was awesome. Except Crooked I couldn't get across the border.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Squirtle posted:

Unrelated: Is there a definitive Mac Dre starting point?

There are some dudes from the bay who probably know better than me but I don't think you can go wrong starting with Stupid Doo Doo Dumb.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

What are some standout Bones tracks? I haven't heard much by him besides the collab with Yung Lean, but I know people in here love him and I'll be downloading the new tape.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Ross has always been about his production for me. His first album was fire, then it was all poo poo until Mastermind which has more than a few good tracks.

Shame to hear the new one is poo poo.

Deeper Than Rap was really really good and Teflon Don had the second best Rick Ross track ever. I never actually listened to Mastermind though.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

While I feel for Wayne and I know he would probably sell a certain # of albums regardless it's true his buzz is basically at the lowest its been since like... 2007? It is probably the best buisiness decision to try and get a big hit single before the album drops even if that's not ideal.

Also poo poo is hilarious.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

HorseRenoir posted:

Also the new Ghostface album is great, way better than the new Wu-Tang. It almost feels like Twelve Reasons to Die was a practice run for the new album.

Is there a Wu-Tang album besides 36 Chambers that's better than any GFK solo album? I guess Forever if you cut out the bad half.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

They've said this poo poo every year for like 6 years.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Starlito was also on Cash Money for a while and they basically refused to release his poo poo and he couldn't get off the label for a long time.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Insert Jay Electronica joke here

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

It definitely makes sense to wait on a hit before releasing Waynes album, it could be the difference between selling 500000 and 3 million. But at the same time when you can't keep your marquee artist who is also basically your son happy it looks like pretty bad management.

Also didn't Drake have to sue Young Money a couple years ago because they hadn't paid him a single royalty check in like 3 years with the company or something?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

When are we doing end of the year top 10s? 2014 was pretty poo poo and I think it'll actually make for some pretty diverse lists this year. I'm hoping to see some good stuff I missed out on.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Yuzenn posted:

I'm not going to post a top 5 or compare it to any one else's cause no one is going to even remotely agree with it, but I'm with you 100% on the final sentiment.

This is why you should post a list! The reason I love end of the year top 10s here is because I end up finding a lot of stuff I would've otherwise missed when I was caught up with other poo poo, or just wasn't on my radar at all.

Since I brought it up I should probably post a list but I still have a ton of albums I want to listen to again/mixtapes to check out. Right now my top 4 is
1. My Krazy Life - basically the album everyone wanted from YG/DJ Mustard. Nothing game changing but exactly what it was supposed to be even if there are a couple clunkers
2. Unknown Memory - Great followup album from Yung Lean, his sound is really cohesive, the production is great and the rapping is catchy/good enough
3. RTJ2
4. No Label 2 - Migos

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

bef posted:

unknown memory good??

Album is very good.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

im gay posted:

Imma go see Yung Leany this Saturday.

Jealous. Best show I've ever been to.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeah, I get and understand this, but there are still like 2-3 decent songs off Born Sinner and 2-3 decent songs from his mixtapes/stuff before that, soooo
I mean that's more than some rappers I don't gently caress with at all
Though saying that his new album has such uninspiring generic vibes (I hadn't even noticed it had come out??) that I haven't even delved into it to see if there are...2-3 decent songs

Honestly I don't know if there's a rapper with any sort of following outside of maybe Hospin or ICP or some garbage like that who doesn't at least have 2-3 listenable songs per album. It's a really low bar to set. But J Cole assaulted my radio with that lovely Crooked Smile song so I will never ever give him another chance.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Give me autotune and a Drake feature I'll get 30 million views.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

temple posted:

Hopsin is an objectively good rapper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBsA2ETp7JA

Makes objectively bad music.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

It's probably just old Waka vocals with old Gucci vocals

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

A3th3r posted:

i swear young thug is a homo

Dude he clearly said no homo

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Has Thug already cooled off to the point he needs to post poo poo like that to keep people talking?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

do you guys really think casting a fish-out-of-water white boy was an accident
I guess it's nice they're at least being up front about the whole cultural tourism thing.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Mustafa posted:

B4.Da.$$ is out there and I'm pleasantly surprised by it. It's got a real boom bap, ATCQ early 90s feel.

That sounds like the least surprising thing ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

A3th3r posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gyLR4NfMiI
a little throwback action.. I swear that at one time Chris Brown was a legitimate threat lyricism-wise. I'm serious! This is not a joke.

Every time you post I'm torn between replying with :ughh: or :cmon: