Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
listened to this lil ugly mane track a few times on youtube last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBOyMg1gpGI

anyone got links to his mixtapes? also welcoming advice on what to start out with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Ixtlilton posted:

Spark is still supposed to release Silhouette of a Sunkken City this year, right? I really hope that happens.

I have been patiently taking spark's silence on twitter and poo poo as 'hopefully this means its dropping before the years end'.

Really dig all the tracks that've come out since #swoup especially stwncwb, the beat switch is def some top notch pp prod. i recall him saying on twitter a while back that'd he was makin sure he helped us all thru the dark winter times with that poo poo and im holding him to it.

e
looks like its gonna be dropped after kai's upcoming release maybe?
https://twitter.com/Ivntwnsnd/status/510321986439249920

quote:

KAi Sky Walker ‏@therealKAi Sep 12
@whadatboynameis brooo, @SparkMasterTape is on sabbatical leave.. #CATO

Ꭵ∇η CATO ΤωηSηD
‏@Ivntwnsnd
@therealKAi @AstorBeats @whadatboynameis @SparkMasterTape Thats why we're cooking for a SWOUP filled WInter, so it warms your soul

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 13, 2014

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Profondo Rosso posted:

I'm genuinely interested in this as most earlier stuff I've heard is pretty thug or positive with the exception of maybe like some anticon stuff or sage Francis. Who else makes opressivly negative rap?

Edit: I really like devil rap or really most stuff like that but it's still pretty full of braggadocio but that's still pretty much gangster rap and not really self critical

you mentioned anticon but this is a p sad album that i really like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwGnpIX1I0M

that 'sad boys' poo poo seems really clowny and forced who even makes that their gimmick if it's gonna be forced at least make it funny

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Thank God is loving good too, probably my favorite. generation rx is close

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

them cloudish beats are nice for skating vids

poo poo reminded me of fat joe/keith nut killin it on one of the old zoo york tapes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt4cg8ZHCO8

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
drat man maybe a pub thing but Kai just said sparks locked up on Twitter lol

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Clicked this link hoping I'd be surprised with a new holiday spark track. Haha, so close.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Soulja boy used to frequent these stick figure flash animation forums and would post his newest poo poo(stacks on deck ent. 1!!!!) like that "I got me some bapes" track and always got laughed at by almost everyone on the site, then crank that happened and everyone was like drat that's awesome and was all proud. That's my soulja boy story thanks for reading.

There is even an MP3 of a bunch of us 14-15 year old whitey whites covering i got me some bapes out there lol

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 30, 2014

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
That's lame and lovely. Hope he doesn't extend his silent treatment because of reddit detectives.

E: backseat freestyle was the first Kendrick i really listened to, blew me the gently caress away.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 20, 2015

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Good LUM/Murphy songs to start off on?

Three sided tape vol 1

The greatness of LUM really shines in the context of his mixtapes man. Fuckin the first time I listened to tst and that "Jesus piece" beat came in... God drat just amazing.

Don't go and listen to lum stuff as singles, or to sate your spark gland, LUM is fuckin brilliant let his music be its own thing.

Also while I get the spark comparison with him, to me they are playing completely different games..

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 21, 2015

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

The Only One posted:

hip hop is dead. everything is trap/trying to be weird oddfuture/juicy j generic song

Woah, culturally aware cynic here, be very careful.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Teetering on the edge of another Kanye album ordering on the one hand, and on the other some dude is posturing up about led fuckin Zeppelin lol jesus

Is the rest of Keith nutts poo poo as good as his freestyle at 0:40 or so???
https://youtube.com/watch?v=lt4cg8ZHCO8

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Look out for detox

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

:)

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Lol whoops I didn't read like 3 posts up

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 15, 2016

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Apparently the track order for sunkken city on soundcloud is the actual arrangement, datpiff's is out of order.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Saw this this morning and was pretty surprised. Only heard a little bit but it sounds pretty good. His production style has definitely grown and the vocals are way less distorted, which I know losers like Fantamo complained about but I always liked it.

I’ll have to listen some more. I haven’t liked any of the new poo poo as much as sunkken city and before, but this seems pretty drat good.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

idk wtf danny is saying during the verses but this kicks rear end

Peggy tweeted a video the other day showing Danny recording and he’s laying down on a bed holding the mic lol. I can’t really make it out either.

This album is the thing I’ve most looked forward to in a long time.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Angryhead posted:

Maaan I wished I liked it but after one listen I'm not really into it.
The production is impressive but just too abrasive and I wish Danny rapped with his more normal-pitched voice on it.
Lean Beef Patty still a banger though and I liked Kingdom Hearts Key too.

Maybe I'll dig it more after more listens.

This ain’t an album for the hybrid. Manic high pitched Danny just fits

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I’m gonna pop some tags, only got 20 dollars in my pocket

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
https://youtu.be/pve7JVtlGNM

I didn’t see anyone posting this yet, but I was hoping something like this would get put out there after seeing all the clips he posted leading up to release.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I listened to hot soup a decent amount, it’s alright. And yea xxx is absolutely the best, one of my all time favorite albums.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

thathonkey posted:

worst: bone crusher, he did that one song.. never scared.. then left. lol to be fair he does only have the one song but it was hot at the time so it kind of worked

Lol. Never scared is such a good song

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I really miss the days of TI popping off like that. Will have to listen to Rubberband Man later

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Johnny Truant posted:

is suicideboys those two muppet lookin island fucks

You mean da island bois?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

KVeezy3 posted:

Notably? Most likely. Best? I'd put forward Haru Nemuri, though she's a (sublime) fusion of hip hop/electronic/punk rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVf41DSaLe0

This is good poo poo