Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Detention?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

AnonSpore posted:

That sounds like White Day except that game came out literally decades ago
There was a recent HD remake as well, so if you don't know that, it would look like a much newer game.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
is kuon any good

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

whaley posted:

is kuon any good
It's basically Japanese Ghost Story Resident Evil. It's pretty decent. Three characters, variety of items and weapons, okay puzzles. I thought it was fun and different.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
cool i'm gonna try it out. didn't know it existed until the other day

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Kuon is also crazy expensive because very, very few copies were released outside Japan.

Pretty decent if you like Resident Evil but want it to be occultists fighting ghosts.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That looks like something I'd enjoy very much if there were an update a la RE2 to make it less of a challenge to get and play.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Pope Guilty posted:

Kuon is also crazy expensive because very, very few copies were released outside Japan.

Pretty decent if you like Resident Evil but want it to be occultists fighting ghosts.

I've never seen anyone talk about number of copies but has anyone gotten an idea?

I know I've seen about 40,000 thrown around for rule of rose and that game is the second valuable ps2 game behind kuon.

So kuon has to be lower somehow?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rule of Rose is rare? Gamestop use to just sell that for $15 back when they still kept ps2 games in stock

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Rule of rose is hitting $600 complete these days.

Kuon is nearly $700.

Haunting ground is $330.

Ps2 horror games are insane.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Yeah Rule Of Rose is ridiculously expensive. From an LP, it does look like a good if clunky game though. You sure you aren't thinking of Rumble Roses? That piece of poo poo belongs at that price range.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

WombatCyborg posted:

Yeah Rule Of Rose is ridiculously expensive. From an LP, it does look like a good if clunky game though. You sure you aren't thinking of Rumble Roses? That piece of poo poo belongs at that price range.

I have thought these two games were the same thing up until now and wondered what amazing spooky poo poo could possibly happen in this wrestling game

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I have thought these two games were the same thing up until now and wondered what amazing spooky poo poo could possibly happen in this wrestling game

But seriously, that's a new genre with potential.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

WombatCyborg posted:

No, GameStop PS2 game prices were real weird for awhile. People were going to eBay and spending $150+ for Devil Summoner 1. I walked into my local gamestop and asked if they could order a copy from another store in another state and got it for $15 case and manual. This was right before DS2 dropped too

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

lurker2006 posted:

I'm looking for a recent indie game that takes place in an Asian school with possessed hall monitors you have to avoid, ring any bells?

2D or 3D? I don't know if The Coma could be it.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Len posted:

No, GameStop PS2 game prices were real weird for awhile. People were going to eBay and spending $150+ for Devil Summoner 1. I walked into my local gamestop and asked if they could order a copy from another store in another state and got it for $15 case and manual. This was right before DS2 dropped too

Atlus would quietly reprint their games for some reason. Like SMT3 was unobtainable for a long time until a flood of copies showed up at Gamestop in like 2008.

But yeah, I miss the tail end of the Xbox 360 era when they were selling PS2 stock b2g1 on $5 max games. Still have my Kuon CIB with a grody yellow sticker saying like $7.

lurker2006 posted:

I'm looking for a recent indie game that takes place in an Asian school with possessed hall monitors you have to avoid, ring any bells?

The description is definitely White Day but Aka Manto is a recent-ish indie game set in a Japanese school where you're chased by the red hooded ghost.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Kuon emulates well, so that's also a reasonable option. I would not spend 700$ for that game, no. It's good, but not that good.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I always forget that your character model straight up doesn't load into Phasmophobia at all. We did a group picture last night, and the picture on the wall in the lobby had a space where I should have been. Maybe I was the ghost the whole time...

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’ll be down for more Phasmophobia tonight and over the weekend, if anyone wants to play.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
anyone tried Song of Horror? it looks neat

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I watched a longplay of it by Mr. Kravin and it appears to be pretty good. The promotional material plays up the permadeath/quasi-roguelike angle of it, but it's not really that big of a deal when you're playing. Mostly, it plays like a fairly standard third-person haunted house experience: you go through places, you collect clues and items, and you solve puzzles. Occasionally, there will be (random) encounters where you need to flee and/or hide from the evil curse and such, very Clock Tower in style.

I think it seems like a pretty good game for the price.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

where are goons finding groups for phasmophobia? the only reason i haven't bought it yet is i keep getting "i might buy that" from my irl group

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm getting the same responses, so I've just been rolling the dice on pubbies.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Len posted:

where are goons finding groups for phasmophobia? the only reason i haven't bought it yet is i keep getting "i might buy that" from my irl group

Eox posted:

I'm getting the same responses, so I've just been rolling the dice on pubbies.

I mean, I'll play with you guys; assuming we're not all rear end in a top hat idiots, that's a group of 3 right there. My Steam ID is Xenomrph.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Didn't someone mean to start a Discord for this? Might be a good idea.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cardiovorax posted:

Didn't someone mean to start a Discord for this? Might be a good idea.

They've got an official discord, if that helps: https://discord.com/invite/QxvWuqX
My username on discord is Xenomrph#2683

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
My experience so far with Phasmophobia is that if your group is friendly and on voice chat, you're going to have a good time, and if not, complete whatever objectives you can and be ready to leave once they all die in the first three hunting phases.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My Steam friend code is 42493163 if you want to play Phasmophobia. I haven't had the worst time with pubbies. Rounds won't start until you press "Ready," so you can spend a few seconds in the lobby deciding if you want to bail or not.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

i've either got something fucky going on with my audio settings or have some terrible luck of the draw. four games and i didn't hear anyone else talk

the game says it heard me when i did the testing and the spirit box heard me in the tutorial

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Those must have been some weird games, I can't imagine how it would work if you guys weren't talking to each other and they weren't calling the ghosts' name.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

sigher posted:

Those must have been some weird games, I can't imagine how it would work if you guys weren't talking to each other and they weren't calling the ghosts' name.

I quit almost immediately.

Now i have sound but can't get a fully party to show up and hit ready!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

sigher posted:

It doesn't! Like I say, get what objectives you can, make your best guess based on what evidence you can get, and bolt when they all die.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Co-op Goons Discord is now set up to support Phasmophobia with a dedicated LFG role, etc. It's always a question of getting a critical mass of frequent players, though, so please join if you're looking for regular co-op of any kind.

https://discord.gg/UUNqrwt

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Len posted:

I quit almost immediately.

Now i have sound but can't get a fully party to show up and hit ready!

We have been having the same issues with our friend group. 2 players works fine most of the time, but if a third shows up, one of the three players will be muted, won't be able to hear anybody, or won't make it to the van when the mission starts. These all seem to be somewhat common bugs which will hopefully be fixed soon.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Discendo Vox posted:

Co-op Goons Discord is now set up to support Phasmophobia with a dedicated LFG role, etc. It's always a question of getting a critical mass of frequent players, though, so please join if you're looking for regular co-op of any kind.

It can not be understated enough, join this discord. We already had one full group for Phasmaphobia last night, with one person in VR no less! Game is fun, and it's also amusing to shove a newbie in the ghost room and have them call out its name to try and force a hunt prevention via Crucifix or get a picture of the ghost.

And by amusing I mean terrifying because I know I'll probably have to go in there myself.

For the audio issues, a common fix I've found is to make sure that before you open Phasmaphobia you completely close discord. Exit the Discord app, then open Phasmaphobia. Once you're loaded into the game lobby then you can open discord again. This in particular fixed my issue of not being able to hear any local or radio chatter in game which I had every time I loaded up the game.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 12, 2020

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

SaffronKit posted:

It can not be understated enough, join this discord. We already had one full group for Phasmaphobia last night, with one person in VR no less! Game is fun, and it's also amusing to shove a newbie in the ghost room and have them call out its name to try and force a hunt prevention via Crucifix or get a picture of the ghost.

And by amusing I mean terrifying because I know I'll probably have to go in there myself.

Okay let's get real, thread: how the hell do you get the Crucifix objective to complete? My group has gotten it once, by accident, and never been able to replicate it. We have, on multiple contracts, figured out the specific room the ghost is haunting (or at least we're fairly certain we have, it's always been the room with low temps/fingerprints/ghost writing/orbs), dropped two crucifixes in there to cover as much of the room as possible, and sent in a single person to call out the ghost's name. But either nothing happens, or we end up with an angry ghost appearing somewhere else in the location (usually nearby) and killing one of us. I thought I read somewhere that the ghost will always start hunts from its "favorite" room, is that not the case?

The only other thing I can think of is that we're chronically wrong on which room the ghost is primarily haunting, but it seems unlikely that would happen a half dozen times now. Also is it possible that the "room" the ghost is centered in can actually be one of the hallways in the larger locations? I think one time we had a Crucifailure was because we thought it was in a classroom, but was actually in the corridor outside. But if that's the case, how the hell do you know where to drop the crucifix?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

MockingQuantum posted:

Okay let's get real, thread: how the hell do you get the Crucifix objective to complete? My group has gotten it once, by accident, and never been able to replicate it. We have, on multiple contracts, figured out the specific room the ghost is haunting (or at least we're fairly certain we have, it's always been the room with low temps/fingerprints/ghost writing/orbs), dropped two crucifixes in there to cover as much of the room as possible, and sent in a single person to call out the ghost's name. But either nothing happens, or we end up with an angry ghost appearing somewhere else in the location (usually nearby) and killing one of us. I thought I read somewhere that the ghost will always start hunts from its "favorite" room, is that not the case?

The only other thing I can think of is that we're chronically wrong on which room the ghost is primarily haunting, but it seems unlikely that would happen a half dozen times now. Also is it possible that the "room" the ghost is centered in can actually be one of the hallways in the larger locations? I think one time we had a Crucifailure was because we thought it was in a classroom, but was actually in the corridor outside. But if that's the case, how the hell do you know where to drop the crucifix?

I dunno every group I've been in that has set their mind to get it has gotten it. Sometimes you get it without even trying as long as you manage to determine the room the ghost prefers. I find it's easier to have everyone else in the truck and then have the one person try to piss it off. Keeping an eye on the objective is also nice since you can say for 100% certainty if you actually managed to stop a hunt with a crucifix because the objective will grey out obvs.

If you aren't 100% sure a particular room is where a ghost will spawn, placing one crucifix in the room and one out in the corridor can help, though with really huge rooms (*cough*highschool*cough*) you kinda just gotta pray or figure out if it's gonna spawn in a particular corner. Hell even the farmhouse with the big living room can have the ghost spawn on one particular side. Also this bears repeating, just because you got a level 10 activity spike does not mean the ghost was trying to start a hunt! It may have just been a Ghost Event where the ghost manifested for a moment. You really gotta force the issue by pissing it off repeatedly unless it's a particularly aggressive ghost.

The other issue is ghost type: Got a Banshee? Good luck getting the objective, they barely do anything with a crucifix in the same room. Got a Mare but haven't figured that out yet? You probably have all the lights on and are gonna struggle to get it to attack. Wraith? Bitch floats through walls, it's almost impossible to pin down their fave room. Hell we had a few hunts last night where it was incredibly hard to find the fave room because the ghost was just moving everywhere and didn't even have low temps.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Discendo Vox posted:

e: ignore i missed the authentication channel

weekly font fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 12, 2020

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So how's the remothered sequel? The first game was pretty bad so I want to know if it's worse in a funnier way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’m about 90 minutes into Maid of Sker. I’m going to keep playing.