Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

I'm playing Rule Of Rose, I just stabbed a child to death with a fork and I have no idea what I'm doing or whats going on.

The dog will lead you everywhere you need to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Siren is great and I like the anachronistic level order but I don't think the time loop mechanic does it any favors especially when, iirc, half the game only the second loop matters and the other half only the first loop matters.

One of the coolest things is watching how the setting changed physically during the three days.

It was also probably one of the legit hardest games I've ever played.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

The room transitions were most likely kept in because that was part of the original games and in some way they could be used to build dread or set up jump scares or something. Its strange though because in the pc ports of the psx games (maybe the ds version of re1 also), you could skip those transitions with a button press.

The thing thats killing me about REmake is the voice acting is so bad. Its not comically bad like the original, its just dull and uninteresting. The intro cutscene also hit some mad audio desync about halfway through despite being prerendered.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Now all somebody needs to do is replace REmake's music with the Director's Cut's.

Nothing is more terrifying than fart horns.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

SpitztheGreat posted:

This seems like as good a place as any to bring this up; I've been playing The Walking Dead lately and it's really good. Yea, I know, that doesn't surprise anyone, but for a guy who didn't like the show and had worries about a game that is pretty much "point and click" I've been blown away at how good the game/story is.

That being said, I needed a place to vent. I HATE everyone in this game. I just finished episode 2 Season 2 and I want to get Clementine away from everyone and live in seclusion. The second I saw Kenny I knew I was in trouble. The game wants you to feel happy to see him, but I just groaned and wanted to tell my new group to keep on moving; and then ditch them the second I could. I'm not sure if I'm just making terrible decisions all around, but I can seem to find one person who's worth a drat for more than two consecutive episodes.

I don't say any of this as an actual complaint, I think it's a testament to the quality of the writing that I can have this kind of reaction to a videogame. Has there been any news on Season 3? I'm too scared to google it for fear of spoiling season 2 for myself.

Telltale has said that season 3 will be out next year. It will also be larger, whatever that means with regards to an episodic adventure game. Regarding your spoiler (this isnt a game spoiler, just a fan reaction spoiler): pretty much everybody hated the entire season 2 group. They're really bad.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Kill muggers at night. Talk to all of your adherents every day and do their quests.

If you don't follow a walkthrough, be prepared to lose.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

The White Chamber. I remember it being not that great.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Dark Corners of the Earth had some good parts that were unfortunately weighed down by a lot of really bad parts.

Not sure how I feel about a call of cthulhu game by the people who make blood bowl though.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Maybe its just that I didn't play re4 enough but i always thought the controls were annoyingly unwieldy. You just felt so slow both running around and turning. I mean the shooting was fine but just basic movement was bad.

Could've been caused by a lovely ps2 controller or something else, but when i went back to play it after it was remastered on pc, I had the same issues.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Re7 was pretty good, my only real problem with it was it felt like the last third of the game was bolted on from a completely different game, and felt very FEAR-like to me. Normally I wouldn't have cared because its common for the end of games to poo poo the bed but thats also about the time that they felt like dumping all the plot on you.

I mean it was still fun and one of the better Resident Evils so I think it balances out.

I just wish they would've used the vhs tapes gimmick more, I was a little disappointed that there are only like 4 of them in the game and one of them is mandatory.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

You can't finish the Happy Birthday tape without uncorking the barrel, since you need to use the winding key to get the password for the room with the valve, if you try to brute force it, it just tells you that you dont know the password.

I want to say that the codes lucas tells you are scripted so that the last code you try is the one that opens the door.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

I thought everybody looked fine, until they either spoke or moved their head if they had long hair, at which point it looked like somebody really overanimated everything.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Who is Killerman?

The man who leaves a red star on his victims' faces. This star is why they call him...killerman.

Perhaps Killerman is Killerman.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

I really liked what I played of LCC, except the Texas Chainsaw level. It felt too random and you don't really get a chance to explore before you're attacked.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

I hope they do away with the time/resource simulation stuff in the sequel. Its a cool idea but nothing made me want to never turn the game on again like loading a game and seeing everything go to poo poo. It always felt like they only did half of the simulation.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Dying Light's combat was a little better than Dead Island's, but it still wasn't very good. Didn't stop me from dropkicking everybody.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

The countless lost members of the UBCS weep as they are once again forgotten.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Meallan posted:

Has anyone tried the pathologic alpha yet? If so does it look good? (Both gameplay and story wise)

Ive messed around in it for a little bit and it went as well as jumping into the haruspex did the first time i played the original.

It looks really nice, but it has some serious performance issues, mainly when you hit a loading zone in the map, which I hope they can fix before release.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

A lot of the secondary objectives can be found out by sightjacking shibito and just watching what they focus on, but they can still be really obtuse. The freezer one sticks out mainly because there's no way of knowing that you even have to do that without a hint, and iirc you have to plug it in in a previous mission before you can even do the whole soaking a rag and freezing it. I could be getting that wrong because its been a while since I've played it.

The real fucker is trying to find all of the archives.

Also the couple of missions where you have to speedrun them because they have a stringent time limit, in a game about taking your time because youll die in one or two hits.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

It's because he worked on some of the bad silent hill games.

He likes to write one type of story with one central theme which is weird to complain about because there are so many worse writers that do the same thing that get glossed over.

I wonder how much of the hate boner for him is sourced directly from voidburger's lps of origins and shattered memories.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

I watched a presumably highly condensed playthrough done by some guy that apparently streams himself running mgs games every day and has done so for the past couple of years that ended up making the game look fairly interesting and even the dude playing it said he liked it a lot more than he thought he would've going into it.

I assume he cut out the majority of the grind for pacing and its not like bullshit grinding wasn't all over mgs5 to begin with. It also looked like it utilized the open world map a lot better than mgs5 by actually having a point to explore at all.

The story and characters seemed just kind of there until nearly the end of the game, but it reminded me of something youd get in a pulp novel that youd buy at a garage sale or something.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Well it is kind of the original design that those are descended from.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

sigher posted:

It's a shame then because Death Stranding looks terrible.

b-b-but pissing! and my pals norman and mads!

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Yeah if it were half of the system, just the quick vs slow reloads it would probably be fine in a survival horror context, its really the needless chore of having to fill each magazine individually in the menu that drags an alright-if-handled-correctly mechanic into annoyance.

Like every video ive seen of it has the player doing the reload shuffle every time they get any ammo because they have to top up each magazine.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

The Carrion demo just got released, its extremely good.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

its been there for a while now

but can you really say its worse than the alternative?

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

now that snow tech is decent, id like to see snow/blizzard horror that makes you actually take the cold into account. like you have to trudge through waist deep snow or whatever and doing so is bad enough because you cant see anything but you soak your clothes when the snow starts melting so you have to start a fire or hang out around a heater or something to dry your clothes and warm up, and like the monsters or whatever can track you down by your paths through the snow so youd have to cover them up by kicking snow over where you travelled but that takes time

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

i really liked re3 back in the day which makes my disappointment with the remake so much worse

everything in it (besides the characters) is just handled so poorly

and for some reason they decided that every boss arena should be a giant circle with some obstacle in the center

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

it is a very janky re2 game because it started as a fan remake of re2

i wouldnt pay more than 10 bucks for it

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

wasnt there some bug with the resolution where the higher you set it, the slower your character moved?

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

i always disliked that since it feels like youre punished for looking at anything

maybe i just want to read what this extremely blurry texture says? oh no im a bad father

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

isnt it traced off a judge dredd still

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

al-azad posted:

Sherry's campaign was a huge wet fart with the worst set pieces so far and none of the dramatic tension of Leon or Chris. Maybe Ada can round out this package--

*Ada's campaign begins with a stealth segment*

knuckles_ohno.wav

adas campaign is the worst one by a long shot

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

the one on the lp archive is good and pretty comprehensive

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

it seems like if you just grab a dude and toss them it just stuns them instead of killing them

unless it just plays the screaming sound effects for dead bodies

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

its probably diminishing returns by now since everybody uses the same loving template and facial expressions so its impossible to stand out

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

idk man, when i played the original resident evils as a kid they were p lengthy, and thats not even counting the nightmares i had for weeks afterward

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

some of those are rehosted on the internet archive

https://archive.org/details/LP_Clock_Tower

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

the puppet combo games are probably the closest youre ever going to get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Len posted:

Because demos always have to reveal 100% of the games content?

re3's demo certainly did