Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Haven't been impressed by what I've seen of Outlast 2. Especially compared to the first one, this one just seems like a lazy, tacky cashgrab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Personally, I feel the aesthetics of DDLC count very little towards the impact of the game - they could be replaced by something less cliche and the game would remain the same. I wouldn't miss it if the game was less bishoujo.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mindblast posted:

Yeah 2 hour slogs to get to something good is a bit much. Especially if the payoff is uncertain.

I agree - since I knew there was more to the game, I got impatient and wanted the real face to show up, and I felt like the game dragged before that point. A snappier, more efficient period of adjustment would have been better, but I don't know if that would compromise other parts of the game.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am enjoying Signalis though I think it really drags around Floor 6~8. The aesthetics are cool as gently caress, I never thought a shameless orgy between Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Nier, and Evangelion would work as well as it does. And boy do I respect trying to pull all of that off at once!

Also I am a sucker for radios and number stations so the music and sound design makes me go :allears:.

I’m very curious as to what da gently caress is going on and I still need to finish it off tonight (I’m at the DEEP GAME SPOILERS post-new game return to the fleshbase) but so far I Enjoy.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 1, 2022

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Finished as much as I can find in Signalis. Game good, IMO. I am very glad I played it :3:

Endgame question: I noticed that there's four achievements left, and there's at least one other ending besides Promise. As spoiler-free as possible, what do I need to do to see the other endings and get the other achievements? Just a tiny hint to push me in the right direction now that I'm staring at the post-credits title screen.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

"Play differently"? What, like go really fast or something? Hmm...I wonder how fast I can complete this game now, actually.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

drat, okay. Is this all something I’d be expected to figure out on my own?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oxxidation posted:

that depends. are you an amateur ham radio operator

I know how radios work, but I was not a major player in the Portal 2 ARG, no. :v:

I’ll catch a video of them!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Stormgale posted:

Not really

Play Style endings are basicslly 3 scores which each have a variety of ways to make them go up.

The arg ending is decoding sounds into images to find items that have no prompt to pick them up.

Yeah I figured that was the case. I ended up watching a video instead.

I think it says something about the kind of media I’ve consumed when a game blatantly says outright “this is a time loop you’ve been here before holy poo poo!!!” and I’m just like oh okay sure. Like I saw all the bodies in the elevator shaft and I was like oh loop maybe, cool.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Honestly, I got my fill of action horror with the original Dead Space. Games like Signalis are far more appealing to me, games that mix up existing concepts in an interesting way or outright do something new or very rare.

(Control doesn’t really count as horror, but it was cool as gently caress, so I think it deserves a mention anyway.)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Adjacent sure, but like Twilight Zone or SCP horror, not Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror. Where the horror is existential rather than survival.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Floor is lava posted:

https://imgur.com/a/U9S8lWO

WEVE BUILT A WORLD CLASS

huh?? I feel like i've been ovaltine decoder ring'd

I was kind of expecting hidden messages again after the whole alien alphabet thing in dead space.

Found a quote by the Companies CEO Glen Schofield that starts with the hidden text.

bummer

This is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Speaking of Slay the Princess, I shall claim the minimum playtime achievement, thank you very much. I managed to get the true ending in just under 4 hours. That was about 5 or so vessels? It's short, yes, but not 45 minutes short. Kinda funny and a little weird how I somehow managed to make the exact choices that get me to the credits on my first run.

There's clearly a lot I didn't see in this game - how compelling is the rest of it? Should I do more runs or something?