Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Extant is a new SciFi series on CBS that tells the story of Astronaut Molly Woods (Academy Award Winner Halle Berry) who returns to Earth after a 13-month solo mission. As she tries to reconnect with her family, it becomes clear that something unusual happened during the mission. Wackiness ensues.

The series is brought to you by Amblin Entertainment, the people who brought you Under the Dome and... HEY. COME BACK HERE. I know we've been burned before but this show can't possibly be worse. At the very least the show concept isn't as limiting as that stupid loving Dome and I have faith in most of the actors to sell the story.

The Cast:

Halle Berry as Astronaut Molly Woods
Goran Visnjic as her husband John Woods
Pierce Gagnon as their son/"son" Ethan Woods
Camryn Manheim as her friend/coworker Sam Barton
Hiroyuki Sanada as Hideki Yasumoto (previously seen on Helix :gonk:)
Grace Gummer as Julie Gelineau
Michael O'Neill as Alvin Sparks

(Remember when they would put up cast photos and quick descriptions of the characters on a website that you can easily put into a OP to make it more interesting? Thanks for nothing, CBS.)

Extant premieres on Wednesday, July 9 at 9:00 PM Eastern for a 13 episode run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Bumping the thread back up in anticipation.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The nice thing is that almost all of the main plot points from the commercials were in the first 15 minutes.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The big twist that I didn't expect was that it was apparently a vision and not an alien (for now) that Molly encountered so that was a surprise.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

It's still keeping my interest, but I agree about the tone. Can we get a bit more emotion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Oh thank god she told him.

• Locked thread