Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My sleep is getting in the way of my work. How am I supposed to get all the golds when sleep is using up literally a third of my life EVERY DAY??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
If you kill yourself all your wishes come true in heaven, it'll be like the nerd room from the nerd playing video game online while cursing and drinking beer videos

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

never sleep, idiot

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Try to "get good," OP.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

easy, play MMORPGs or similarly braindead genres

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Start playing jrpgs with unskipable cut scenes

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Try to "get good," OP.

Get swole son

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
We really should all give up video games and try to lead a productive life.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Give Pat a Job posted:

Let's make an indie games studio.

I'll be the ideas guy / promoter so I don't do any work and just go to conventions and tell people our game is fun

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
if you play a lot of tetris before bed you will continue to play tetris in a half conscious fever dream like state

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the tetris effect kicks rear end but it sucks when its bejeweled instead

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

eve

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Give Pat a Job posted:

I'm learning the most difficult of the Baltic languages while playing a brain dead mmo

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

One time I was playing through Soul Caliber 2 on the Dreamcast with my brother. We didn't have internet so we just played through the game with everyone to unlock all the fighters. Anyways we were playing through as Knightmare or Azeroth or one of the big swole dudes who did a big overhead swipe with the Y button. You could just mash that Y button and like 9/10 win the fight, tt was like 2am and I kinda zoned out then fell asleep. My brother noticed and woke me up but by that point I'd already beaten like half the line up in my sleep just mashing the Y button.

So the answer is OP be like 10 years old and play a really easy version of Soul Caliber 2 for 6 hours straight.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Dream of video games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

OP, what I would suggest is getting a time machine. You go back to the release date of Hearts of Iron III. Now what I did this day was I played it and set it on max speed but it was so badly optimized that I woke up 4 hours later and it was still 1937 in game.

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

don't sleep. evolve
u'll probably die tho

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Rink a dink me this, Mario Kart.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
take all the modafinil analogs

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Reset Button posted:

don't sleep. evolve
u'll probably die tho

I'm going to try this tonight. Wish me luck!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
can i suggest the dymaxion sleep schedule

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hog Butcher posted:

can i suggest the dymaxion sleep schedule

naw, man. I'm going cold turkey on this sleep irritation. I'm not gonna be some whiny bitch that needs 4 hours of sleep. I don't need no 4 hours. no sir, I will never sleep again. I will never even close my eyes.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

obstipator posted:

naw, man. I'm going cold turkey on this sleep irritation. I'm not gonna be some whiny bitch that needs 4 hours of sleep. I don't need no 4 hours. no sir, I will never sleep again. I will never even close my eyes.

dymaxion was 2 hours and he had to stop it because he was tired of everyone else being asleep all the time. if that's not the manliest sleep schedule then i don't know what is. also thursday is terrible and i used to listen to them. :(

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hog Butcher posted:

dymaxion was 2 hours and he had to stop it because he was tired of everyone else being asleep all the time. if that's not the manliest sleep schedule then i don't know what is. also thursday is terrible and i used to listen to them. :(

dymaxion sounds liek a stupid bitch if he gave up on his dream to be awake at all times. I mean you don't have to care about other people being asleep, since you can game across the internet. stupid idiot moron!

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
sleep is good and i miss it

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
If you watch LP's instead of playing the game, then you get to skip out on all the in-game deaths and grinding, so you end up saving more time in the long run. Then you'll have time for full sleep and maybe a little bit of extra gaming on the side. :)

cute anime girl
Feb 14, 2014

Being drunk substitutes sleep so do that OP.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

master the ability of lucid dreaming then use your infinite powers in the dream world to play video games

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have gone 36 hours without sleep.

My eyes are a bit tired. But it's worth it because I've gotten A LOT of highscores. I beat my old record by 3000 points, and I can only see that going up as I continue practicing. I'm gonna reach the top as long as I can stay awake and keep practicing my gaming.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
wasn't there some goon thing where there was the 'perfect' iron man style of sleep pattern where you took a fifteen minute nap every 3 hours or something and they had also claimed that many great men used this sleep schedule

do that

e: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep#Claimed_sleep_patterns

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 8, 2014

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's been 66.6 hours since my last wink of sleep. My face is numb I think. I don't think I can feel my face. I'm not entirely sure but I may no longer have a face. The mirrors on the wall reflect too much light. My mind is only on the circles. My pacman eats the circles one by one. The ghosts are evil. I want to kill the ghosts. Ghosts are haunting me. There are new initials on the high score screen. I don't know if they are my initials, but I swear they weren't there before. Whose initials are these? What are my initials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
are they funny ones like rear end or POO

• Locked thread