Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Here's a video of Tywin giving a pep talk.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/bl9ahNhH3Cc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Arya Stark discovers the Nintendo Entertainment System

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Holy poo poo I feel old now.

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

Wow. That's a really hosed up video and I just don't know anymore.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Games of Crones :negative:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I'm not going to update every single time there's a bit of season 5 filming news (stuff is coming out literally every day right now), but there's something that tickles my heart in knowing we're going back to Winterfell.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I didn't know Cinderella married THE KING IN THE NORTH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20DF6U1HcGQ

I guess she's gonna be Cinderella Stark now, it was also nice of them to invite Xaro Xhaon Daxos to the Ball.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Ducksauce is at this loving ball I'm outta here.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
It doesn't really work as a trailer as it shows pretty much everything that's going to happen in the film, barring some big unexpected twist.

"The Ugly Stepsisters send their regards"

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
A big unexpected twist? To Cinderella? :what:

GoT cameos are the only reason any non-babysitting adult would actually watch this, which makes it probably more appealing than most live action Disney children's movies?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Throatwarbler posted:

GoT cameos are the only reason any non-babysitting adult would actually watch this, which makes it probably more appealing than most live action Disney children's movies?

They could be taking inspiration from Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire. That's a really solid take on the myth.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Throatwarbler posted:

At the end, it's revealed that Cinderella and the Prince are long-lost siblings. Uh oh.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Since this thread was bumped...

Natalie Dormer Talks ‘Hunger Games,’ Feminism, and Why ‘Game of Thrones’ Needs More Dick

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

You know nothing, Jon Snow. :laugh:

quote:

So, the hair. I’m assuming you wear a wig on Thrones, because there’s no way they’d allow you to get this ’do otherwise—unlike Kit Harington, who told me he’s pretty much stuck with that haircut until the end of Thrones.

I was very grateful that we had the foresight before I started Thrones to go, “You know what? There might be roles you want to take that would require different hair.” [Kit] was an idiot. Lena, Emilia, and I are laughing because we sorted the wig thing out nice and early.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I want more cast members to call Kit Harrington an idiot in interviews.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Lycus posted:

I want more cast members to call Kit Harrington an idiot in interviews.

Kit Harrington reading mean tweets about himself was pretty hilarious

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

We have our first Season 5 teaser.

If you want to be totally unspoiled don't watch. Otherwise you'll learn that in season 5 doors exist.

In other news, Season 4 blu-ray has a release date, and also featured is the yearly crop of special edition covers from Best Buy.

House Martell is the correct cover to buy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ten seconds of nothing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
We know nothing

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Season 5 isn't even done filming yet. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a series of these short clips that serve as little more than to remind people that Game of Thrones is a thing that exists. A real trailer probably won't materialize until early next year.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Ballz posted:

Season 5 isn't even done filming yet.

Are you sure? I swear that interview with Natalie Dormer mentioned that S5 has wrapped.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

BreakAtmo posted:

Are you sure? I swear that interview with Natalie Dormer mentioned that S5 has wrapped.

I think she was just talking about herself.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Stuff in Spain and (I think) Croatia is finished, but they're still shooting in Belfast. Other cast members have been tweeting about it in recent days.

I think all filming is set to wrap by early December.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
They always release a teaser like this. Remember "The night is dark and full of terrors" from the season 2 preview?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

TommyGun85 posted:

http://youtu.be/imW392e6XR0

he looks so sad :( least he isn't a dick turd

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Ballz posted:

We have our first Season 5 teaser.

If you want to be totally unspoiled don't watch. Otherwise you'll learn that in season 5 doors exist.

In other news, Season 4 blu-ray has a release date, and also featured is the yearly crop of special edition covers from Best Buy.

House Martell is the correct cover to buy.
I signed up for that "Sight" site so I'm curious what we'll get out of it.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 26, 2014

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Season 5 officially wrapped a couple of days ago. :woop: And the wait until April continues. :sigh:

Meanwhile, HBO has been trying (and mostly failing) at teasing some upcoming footage, which you can read about here.

Basically we can now confirm that Arya rows a boat and Cersei goes to a Catholic confessional. Well I for one am teased!

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib
The wait has been so long that I've started reading the books to quell the withdrawls. Fml.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

davey4283 posted:

The wait has been so long that I've started reading the books to quell the withdrawls. Fml.

Me too. I'm now halfway through A Dance With Dragons - it's interesting, being one of the readers now.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Sarcastro posted:

Me too. I'm now halfway through A Dance With Dragons - it's interesting, being one of the readers now.

You poor sod. You really should've stopped two books ago.

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

TomViolence posted:

You poor sod. You really should've stopped two books ago.

I'm on book 2. Will reading past book 3 ruin the show?

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

davey4283 posted:

At this point the show's timeline doesn't match up completely with the books but is pretty much past book 3. Last season featured some elements from books 4 and 5 for different characters. So if you want to experience all the details from the show first I'd recommend pausing after book 3.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
I told my brother that I read the books and really enjoyed them. His daughter just told me he got me the books for Xmas. My brothers not too bright.

fwiw reading the books wont spoil poo poo

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

davey4283 posted:

I'd recommend that you, and anyone else that hasn't read books 4 and 5 yet but plans to read them, to find a chapter order list online where you read them both at the same time. Book 4 and a good chunk of book 5 are concurrent, so it works better if you basically alternate the books each chapter, although there are some hangups where do something like skip chapter 7 one book for a while and then go back to it, but I don't remember the exact order. I had friends both catching up on the books, one read them in order, and the other mixed them like this and he liked them a lot better.

This is the reading order one my friend used, but it lists the chapters names, which are the POV characters, so that sorta spoils it a bit...ah, here's a list on this page with just the books and chapter numbers. This is probably easier to manage if you get the audio books with the tracks arranged in chapters and then just make a playlist.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Brightman posted:

I'd recommend that you, and anyone else that hasn't read books 4 and 5 yet but plans to read them, to find a chapter order list online where you read them both at the same time. Book 4 and a good chunk of book 5 are concurrent, so it works better if you basically alternate the books each chapter, although there are some hangups where do something like skip chapter 7 one book for a while and then go back to it, but I don't remember the exact order. I had friends both catching up on the books, one read them in order, and the other mixed them like this and he liked them a lot better.

This is the reading order one my friend used, but it lists the chapters names, which are the POV characters, so that sorta spoils it a bit...ah, here's a list on this page with just the books and chapter numbers. This is probably easier to manage if you get the audio books with the tracks arranged in chapters and then just make a playlist.

or you can get the already arranged ebook (if youre into that sort of thing). Look up A Ball of Beasts...I think thats what its called

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

TommyGun85 posted:

or you can get the already arranged ebook (if youre into that sort of thing). Look up A Ball of Beasts...I think thats what its called

http://ballofbeasts.weebly.com/

Yep, there it is.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

TommyGun85 posted:

His default facial expression when acting is "Just read a mean tweet about himself"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I like that the copyright and anti-piracy measures are "only click this if you already own both books!"

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

I like that the copyright and anti-piracy measures are "only click this if you already own both books!"

Eh, it's more than most would do. It's basically just a slightly stronger honour system, and I imagine anyone who actually wanted to pirate the books would simply go elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Baron von Eevl posted:

Well to give them a slight bit of credit, it's then followed up with a prompt asking you to put in a specific word from a specific page of one of the books.

I've been doing my re-read of AFFC/ADWD using this order. Aside from the occasional perspectives doubling up on each other, it's amazing how much better it all flows.

And just a friendly reminder that if anyone wants to dive into actual discussion of what's in the books, there's a perfectly good spoiler thread to post in.

• Locked thread