Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
Jonathan Pryce is onboard? I might finally start watching this show after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I read on the show wiki that GRRM isn't writing an episode this season because he is concentrating on finishing book 6. Is that a good indication that it will be finished in the next year. or am I being a non-book reading sweet summer child?

If GRRM sacrifices even a single thing in order to actually write, and he actually does write I think it's a good indication that we might see book 6 within the next five years.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Anonymous Zebra posted:

He claimed that he had book 5 already written and good to go in a short epilogue at the end of book 4....in 2005. Book 5 did not come out until 2011. He hasn't even pretended that he has any part of book 6 really done, and it seems very unlikely that it will come out before the show literally finishes the story. I'm not doubting he'll finish book 6. I just don't see it happening in the next few years at all. He actually intends the next two books to be 1500 manuscript pages each (which is slightly shorter than book 5, but he had most of book 5 done in 2005, so....).

To be fair to GRRM, there are completed chapters for book 6 on his website available as previews.

I hate to be mr no-fun but some people seem to think that it's a fact that he doesn't write ever, rather than just a joke about his current glacially slow progress. You do realize that it's a joke, right?

• Locked thread