Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Captain Invictus posted:

If we're really still behind like 30+ chapters from the current one in Japan, then it wouldn't surprise me really if he DID get together with someone by then and it continued on. Seems like it'd just lead to more shenanigans rather than less

Yeah, scalations are that far behind. The latest scanlation is the last chapter of volume five. Volumes six and seven are definitely out, and batoto has the cover of volume 8, so that is out or coming out soon. Each volume has nine chapters and an omake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Do we know if it's a weekly or monthly series?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
It's published in Weekly Shounen champion, so I assume it's weekly.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Captain Invictus posted:

If we're really still behind like 30+ chapters from the current one in Japan, then it wouldn't surprise me really if he DID get together with someone by then and it continued on. Seems like it'd just lead to more shenanigans rather than less

This is my reaction to you even suggesting such a development:

Those are "ha"s.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Terper posted:

And another one!

This manga is really good you guys.

One more!

Aizawa is going to get rejected, isn't it? :ohdear:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God drat we are in the middle of Truthism fiesta, what with chapters coming out so frequently. It's awesome but also sad cause we're gonna end up catching up with the latest releases and then will have to wait for weekly releases.

Aizawa is a loving beast when it comes to making cake. Also this is probably one of the few mangas that can get away with reusing pages because it's so goddamn hilarious.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Talas posted:

One more!

Well, at least she can marry the principal when that doesn't work out.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
The evil faces are the best. Scratch that all the faces are the best.

Oh, also I'm really glad that the translation seems to be improving over the gobbledygook mess that it was at the beginning. There's still spelling errors and a little bit of clunkiness that sometimes makes the dialogue hard to parse, but it's definitely a lot better!

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

Talas posted:

One more!

Goddam that payoff on page 18, amazing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

DrSunshine posted:

The evil faces are the best. Scratch that all the faces are the best.

Oh, also I'm really glad that the translation seems to be improving over the gobbledygook mess that it was at the beginning. There's still spelling errors and a little bit of clunkiness that sometimes makes the dialogue hard to parse, but it's definitely a lot better!

I don't read the scanlations, but from a couple comparisons of the raws to scanlations I've seen, they're still just as bad. They're just better at hiding it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Talas posted:

One more!

Akari, it's not nice to beat up old people.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Koumoto is the best :colbert:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

More, more!

Terper fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 11, 2014

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I'm trying to laugh at this, but it's such a bummer seeing Aizawa so sad :( They had better find a mad scientist or something to clone Asahi, I think.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was literally thinking the same thing about cloning him actually. I can't see any other outcome that would leave everyone happy :v:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Who knows, maybe the author would make her move on and she will find one of mc's friends to be someone to check out. Okay that may be a stretch but I have faith in this manga.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Considering she literally just apologized because she CAN'T, I'm not so sure

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Annointed posted:

Who knows, maybe the author would make her move on and she will find one of mc's friends to be someone to check out. Okay that may be a stretch but I have faith in this manga.

I'm kind of guessing that's what happened with Mikan. Though who knows, maybe that line about that being when he rejected her 50 years ago was a fakeout and he didn't reject her a year later!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Youko and her bat costume wants this thread to cheer up OK :mad:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Captain Invictus posted:

I was literally thinking the same thing about cloning him actually. I can't see any other outcome that would leave everyone happy :v:

I would like Aizawa to win and for Youko to slowly become the new principal.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ice Cream Eyes will never stop being the best bizarre running gag, alongside "Chili Cream Puff face".

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Soylentbits posted:

I would like Aizawa to win and for Youko to slowly become the new principal.

Both this and the clone idea seem like things this manga might do. On the other hand, they both feel way too nonstandard for me to ever trust a manga to do them.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Hey look, another chapter

Best face of this chapter

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 13, 2014

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
"'A little stupid' just became 'fully stupid'" Indeed

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This was a chapter focused on a jealous girl trying to stop the two main characters from going out, and it was really entertaining.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think these characters might be a bit dim.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Rodyle posted:

I think these characters might be a bit dim.

Well it's no wonder what with all of the concussive brain damage from shovels.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

Well it's no wonder what with all of the concussive brain damage from shovels.

Uhh, that's very clearly a sleep induction device, dude.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 13, 2014

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Friggin' CLANG

But yeah, I sincerely, sincerely hope that cloning shenanigans occurs in the end, because all these characters are just too cute and dumb to not have happy endings all around.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
New chapter's up.

It seems our heroine might not be quite as dumb as we thought, though everyone's still cute.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I suppose that counts as progress.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

CommissarMega posted:

New chapter's up.

It seems our heroine might not be quite as dumb as we thought, though everyone's still cute.

Ahahahahaha! That "confession" from Shiragami, to go along with the boxing analogies this chapter: CROSS COUNTER!!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I really really want to see this as an anime -- dubbed. I think it'd be great if Funimation got some of their A-listers, because Asahi totally sounds like Johnny Bosch in my head.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DrSunshine posted:

I really really want to see this as an anime -- dubbed. I think it'd be great if Funimation got some of their A-listers, because Asahi totally sounds like Johnny Bosch in my head.

The Japanese voice acting industry too needs to stop skedaddling at the thought of giving a happy ending to Hidenori and Yassan. Put the dorkiest of the Tomokazus as our favorite bag of holes and Youko Hikasa as Shiragami and everything will sort itself out.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

I would be disappointed if Shiragami sounded like anything other than a southerner.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

there's a new chapter:

http://www.mangapanda.com/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa/48

For some reason only Mangapanda has it, which is bad because mangapanda is bad and I wouldn't normally use them

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I wasn't a fan of Mikan at first, but she's really starting to grow on me. Throwing them all out the window and the followup was pretty great.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I realized I stopped seeing this as a 'harem' manga, and am seeing it as a romantic comedy.
Must be the lack of fanservice, and the fact that the MC knows who he loves.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Glasses friend (Oka?) is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Asahi's friends getting caught in the crossfire getting their asses kicked might be my favorite running gag.

• Locked thread