Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

This thread needs an index of the chapters who are actually about monsters and aliens going to school and not just being generic awkward harem comedy. Not that it's bad generic awkward harem comedy, but it feels like it can't handle it's own premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I was honestly expecting a token fanservice episode when they started driving to the beach, well done, manga, well done :golfclap:

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I always translated the title as "Truth be told..." myself.

And yeah, the "can't lie" gimmick was just forced in order to somehow justify a completely boring and unremarkable protagonist.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Do Japanese seriously decorate with crosses during Christmas?

hosed up if true.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Japanese Christianity is a thing, particularly in the Kansai region, and Youko has a thick Kansai accent.

Covok posted:

Not really that hosed up. While only 2.3% of the population is Christian (that's about 2, 927, 900 people of their 127,300,000 person population), they are celebrating a foreign holiday associated with a religion. It's not insane to use a symbol associated with the holiday in their decorations.

We might be having a culture clash here, because I think that decorating with the device that killed Our Lord And Savior Jesus "Son of God" Christ on his birthday is sort of hosed up.

All other days are fine though, he is cool about it. Just not on his birthday. Not cool.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

No, I am not. And I am not saying that it's taboo anywhere to put up crosses during Christmas, but I don't think it would ever come up as "christmas decoration" the way for example a nativity scene would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I don't want to laugh at a woman who struggles to live up to a sexist society's expectations of femininity, but holy poo poo the faces this chapter :haw:

• Locked thread