Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's not terrible it's just really underwhelming and they should have gone out with The Division Bell instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

TOOT BOOT posted:

It's not terrible it's just really underwhelming and they should have gone out with The Division Bell instead.

I wouldn't call it underwhelming, but I do think it should have just been a second disc in that Deluxe Divison Bell set. It definitely feels like a Bonus Disc.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but nice to get now and not 20 years ago

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I see more "pre-release skepticism" than "post-release hate" here honestly.

TOOT BOOT posted:

with the exception of Louder Than Words, I'm glad they didn't. TDB was some embarrassing dogshit.

Though really I considered the Live 8 set as more of a swan song than either album.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm really starting to feel like, there is little I don't like about this album. There are a lot of things this could have been, that it isn't (and for which it will forever be compared to).

Really love "Anisinia", and believe that if it was much longer with a runaway solo could have been one of Pink Floyd's all time highlights.. but oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

After listening through endless river a handful of times, there's a few decent songs but a lot of them feel like snipped out bits of larger, better songs, or the first drafts of better songs that they were too :effort: to develop (which I suppose is exactly what they are, and noone should have expected otherwise). It just doesn't gel as an album, which wouldn't bother me as much if a lot of PF's best stuff wasn't in albums that felt so cohesive (animals and wish you were here come to mind).

I don't usually bother much with pitchfork reviews, but their review of ER had a pretty great line (paraphrased): "if DSOM syncronizes with Wizard of Oz, then ER syncronizes with Cocoon" :drat:

• Locked thread