Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Growing up sucks and nobody cares. We dont really want to hear about it. But youre probably going to tell us anyways. Fine. Tell us about your douchebag friends, your insufferable unrequited hearts yearning, and that freakish reoccurring case of lycanthropy that sort of killed your last girlfriend. At least youre stuck some remote wilderness where your raging nonsense cant do that much harm. Or can you...?

The Game

Monsterhearts is a super fun and simpler AW hack about trashy supernatural romance and stupid teen drama bullshit. You are a sexy teenage monster stuck in an ever so small social circle full of other hormonal teenage monsters both literal and allegorical. The mechanics of the game focus on the ever evolving web of relationships between the characters where sex and social status are used as leverage over others. Theres plenty of angst, messy drama, petty vindictive violence, and secret love triangles because youre a dumb teen without any real world experience, impulse control, or common sense. Oh, and youre also a monster with all that hot blood drinking baggage too.

Lets be honest. You know you want to apply because you have a morbid penchant for terrible supernatural harlequin love stories. You know you could write them way better (albeit with a little more tongue-in-cheek). So now prove it.

The Setting

Yay, you get to spend your summer in Florida! No, its not the sandy dunes and breezy ocean waves kinda Florida. Its the swampy armpit of the Deep South portion of Florida known as the loving panhandle. And god does it suck.

Lake Silver State Recreation Area is located in the aforementioned North Florida nestled in the Apalachicola National Forest. You got acres upon acres of boring pine forests. Nearby there is Mud Swamp (should be named poo poo Swamp) and the Ochlocknee (omg how do you pronounce this?) River. Oh and theres something called Lake Silver (mosquito breeding ground central). Its lamer than the brochure, imagine that.

Every summer for like the past 30 years, Lake Silver is rented out by the Christian Athlete Mentorship Program (or CAMP duh). Its dumb as hell but the name is a bit of a misnomer. Its far more generic than it sounds. Hardly anyone is bonafide High School athlete. And theyre not nearly as hardcore about the Jesus thing anymore. Its mainly a dumping ground for troubled teens whose parents couldnt be bothered to keep an eye on them over the long summer months.

Submission

Give us your best E/N intro to your character along with a pic and completed character sheet. Whats your deal? Why are you stuck in camp this summer? Hows that bad case of monster-itis working for you? Dont worry about strings yet. Well establish those later. Also give us an NPC (could be a friend, frenemy, dorky camp counselor, whatever) and one odd occurrence, nasty rumor, or spooky bit of historical trivia about Lake Silver to help flesh out the setting.

After that well go through a few fun rounds of asking questions to help both of us get a better feel of the character. Feel free to ask questions via the thread, PM, or #swampthings.

Resources

The official Monsterhearts game site is here! And most of what you need to know to play is in the Gameplay Reference Sheet.

Playbooks in this hack are called Skins. The official ones consist of the The Original Skins (Chosen, Fae, Ghost, Ghoul, Infernal, Mortal, Queen, Vampire, Werewolf, Witch), later released ones (The Serpentine, The Angel, The Hollow, The Selkie), and The Second Skins Beta (Cuckoo, Heir, Neighbor, Sasquatch, Unicorn, Wyrm). There are some third party ones that are okay too (The Anansi, The Harpy, The Reverent, The Shadow).

Disclaimer

MH games often deal with themes of sexuality, horror, violence, queerness. So beware. Dont apply if you cant deal. Also, this should go without saying, but dont be super creepy weird. Use some common sense. If in doubt, err on the side caution or ask first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

I cannot apply fast enough.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Rwt might literally break his keyboard mapping as will I when I get home

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
sad gay monsters are fun so i might app to this too, idk

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

I too like sad gay monster teens doing gay things and sad teen things and also monster things and I'd really like to try actually playing in a MH game, might app if I can get caught up on other stuff! Kinda want to try a Cuckoo or some kind of Sad Weregator Lady (can the Werewolf skin be refluffed to a weregator thing?) or something.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Ningyou posted:

I too like sad gay monster teens doing gay things and sad teen things and also monster things and I'd really like to try actually playing in a MH game, might app if I can get caught up on other stuff! Kinda want to try a Cuckoo or some kind of Sad Weregator Lady (can the Werewolf skin be refluffed to a weregator thing?) or something.

I just got done finding an image to go with a weregator character reskinned from the werewolf. Great minds, I guess.

Word to the wise? Don't GIS for "crocodile girl". You will find Japanese horror. :stonk:

E: Screw it, I will app something different.

potatocubed fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 6, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Thinking of posting Atash from swamp things again. Oldie but a goody just gotta get a skin that wasn't broken like rakashasa

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Ningyou posted:

can the Werewolf skin be refluffed to a weregator thing?

It sure can! Re-theming one monster to another is cool.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Madison

[Tell] Me if my parents are violating my rights

Before anyone gets on my case this is a really stupid question and a Darfur war orphan would think I am the biggest rear end in a top hat in the universe.

So about 6 months ago I started taking to this guy on the internet, let's call him L. I don't have many friends IRL because I'm a huge goon idiot I'm homeschooled and my parents don't stick around much once I've done my work and chores for the day, so I can't get rides anywhere. I spend a lot of time on the internet.

L was really cool. We didn't share any personal information, I'm not stupid, but we'd vent about our days to each other and poo poo. He's a high powered salesman or something- he's always complaining about making quotas and honoring commitments, but he always has time for me. Eventually he asked me if I wanted to meet in person. I was hesitant and I told him so, and we signed off. That was yesterday.

Today my parents revealed that they had been keylogging my laptop this whole time! I didn't even know they knew how to do that! They forbid me from speaking to L, and worse, told me I was going to some stupid camp in the middle of Fuckoff, Florida to "keep me busy!" I looked the camp up and the only interesting thing I could find about it is apparently has an alligator named Big Steve who is super friendly to girls?? I am so loving mad right now. Can they do that? Isn't that against the Fourth Amendment or something? I know ex-gay camps are disliked here so why isn't this??

Ok so im posting on my phome here so please excuse. So my parents shipped me off to camp on schedule. They didnt even take me themselves they made my uncle do it. FUCKERS. but I was on the way there and we stopped for gas and somehow L was in the gas station. It sounds impossible + stupid but its true. He convinced my uncle to let me stay and talk w/ him somehow and we hung out together and got ice cream. Turns out hes a counselor for the camp during the summer he volunteers here as a 'break' from his real job.

He got my uncle to let him drive me to camp. We talked sooooo much on the way and he is still my best friend. He told me hed be busy with the younger kids all through the week but hes left some 'help' with me as long as I agree to always be there for him. I siad yes of course and he said that now I bear his touch on me. I dont know what he meant but I woke up today and there are these BLACK MARKS under my eyes!!! Did someone get me while I was asleep on my FIRST DAY?!

Currently listening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah7sWtnOJvQ

Madison, the Infernal
A cowardly name, anxious, piercing eyes, bartered soul

Hot -1, Cold -1, Volatile 1, Dark 2

Soul Debt
Name a dark power that you owe a
debt to. Choose two Bargains that it
has made with you. It can hold Strings
against you. Whenever it collects
5 Strings against you, trigger your
Darkest Self.

L_______, Camp Counselor (and the Tempter)

He's a really nice guy... I swear!

Cant Save Myself Goon In A Well
When somebody saves you from forces
too powerful for you to reckon with,
they mark experience, and you gain a
String on them

Bargains

Numbing It Out
You can give the dark power a String in
order to remove a Condition or up to
two harm.

Strings Attached
You can ask the dark power for
something that you really, really want.
The MC will attach a price to the thing
you want, and hint at an undesired
twist in its nature. If you pay the price,
youll get what youre after.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 7, 2014

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

(link)

[ffffffff] So, I'm going to die alone.

Currently listening to: Portishead - Over (number of repeats: 26)

I had a true love, once. He disappeared on me a long time ago and I got caught up with some other junk: identity, self-respect, daddy issues my past. My half-sister dragged me away to some cross-country escapade so we could tie up some loose ends and I lost touch with him.

He was my first big crush and, well, I want that feeling back. It's all that I've ever had that can make me go, "Yes, that is what makes me Dolly. I am Dolly because I am his." Everything else has been aesthetic, just what I wear and how I wear it. I'm a little lost without someone to keep me balanced, partly because I'm still figuring out how to walk in platforms, but mostly because there's a HOLE IN MY HEART that he left me to deal with. It's bad enough that I have all these holes in my head from spending so much time... y'know, indoors, away from the windows, watching kung-fu movies and bad telenovelas. Not talking, not thinking for myself, just lying there as the world takes advantage of me. I don't even know what to like and not like anymore. Anytime I do think for myself it just gets me in trouble. I've ended up in places I don't ever want to be, mentally, physically...

Except for the time that I said what I needed to and found, y'know, him... Oh my gosh, I've forgotten his name! It's so simple, but so out there. Maybe on my death bed he'll be there so I can tell him everything I've always wanted to tell somebody. Everything that's happened behind closed doors. Every thought I've had that might have made sense to him, because it sure as hell doesn't make sense to me. Everything I know about life has been leading up to the big climax, where he pulls out a ring, tells me how much he loves me, and makes me the happiest gosh-damned girl in the world. But instead he vanished in a puff of smoke, leaving me to pick my clothes off the ground.

I've been trying to speak up for myself, blaze my own trail. I have my style, but that'll do fantastic out here in the middle of nowhere. Maybe this shining beacon of black will stop him from running through the woods on a whim and apologize to me so we can light the fire again. Maybe I'll find someone new who likes Lolita girls that can hike for ten miles in 110-degree heat and 85% humidity in a full petticoat and corset. It's better than spending summer being a couch potato, a mall rat, a wanderer, a... y'know.

I just want to be his Dolly again.

quote:

Skin: The Mortal

Look: Displaced, doe eyes
Origin: Nobody

Hot 1, Cold 0, Volatile -1, Dark 1

True Love: You always have exactly one lover. The first is chosen during your backstory. If you ever fall in love with someone else instead, give them a String and they become your new lover. You always carry 1 forward to earning your lover's heart or fancy.

Excuses Are My Armour
When you ignore some blatant problem with your lover or how they treat you, mark experience.

Downward Spiral
When you gaze into the abyss, you may cause yourself 1 harm. If you do, add 2 to your roll.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, trigger their Darkest Self.

Darkest Self
Nobody understands you, or even wants to. They'd rather you disappear. Well, you're not going to disappear. You're going to make life a living hell for them. You'll betray the wicked to the judges, the weak to the executioners. You'll pit humans and supernaturals against one another, until everyone looks like monsters. Only seeing the pain that you're causing your lover will let you escape your Darkest Self.

(link)

Current opinion on her: St. Vincent - Cruel

My half-sister, one with a different set of coping skills. She's hit the ground running considering she's a few months younger than me. Gosh I'm jealous of that. She's been a stable enough crutch for me, but she's so rough. She understands how I feel, but when I ask her to fix it she always tells me to find someone else. I mean, hello, I found her, right? But she's all caught up trying to make Da-, Dad pay for leaving us the way we are that she can't focus on helping me. So I asked her if we could take the summer off and go to camp with the rest of my school and now she's tagging along while I get my own payback. I mean, she's a cool girl once you get to know her. A bit blunt, but... cool.

Dragger Man

There's this rumor going around that if anyone shares the same bunk or sleeping bag at night, they both get dragged out into the woods by their feet and separated from each other. Some kids have come back with big scrapes and cuts on their backs and arms from hitting brush and stuff. Nobody fesses up to doing it, so people have started saying it's just some guy in the woods spying on all of us. But he must be a hulking mass of man to do that.

I only say that because I'm pretty sure I'm never going to sleep with anyone on this trip. Well, probably not at night at least. I mean, having sex while people are in the room? Gross.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 7, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Sure, I'll put something together for this.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Oh no poor dolly :(

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Amber Cassidy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrygAv93Ick

Everyone is assholes

1. My friends, so-called. They're all off to some camp in New York - New York! - where they get to stay in proper houses and go to the Met and MOMA and all that good poo poo. But you know, they could only score three places so they got together and ranked me 'shittest member of the group' and left me behind in Miami. gently caress you very much.

2. My WOW guild have kicked me out for being "too negative". Well gently caress them too. I can't even call an rear end in a top hat an rear end in a top hat now?

3. My parents won't let me stay home for Summer. "No, Amber, you can't stay in this nice air-conditioned house with broadband and proper toilets. We want you to go and suffer in some mosquito-infested swamp where you'll probably die." I swear to god they've spent more time since I was born trying to get rid of me than they have raising me.

3a. And get this: the athlete camp - like I haven't been skipping gym class for the past two years - they're sending me to has more ghost stories attached to it than that haunted house at Disneyworld. According to the sites I read on the internet there's a 'swamp entity' out there collecting the souls of the unrighteous dead or something. Actually, that's pretty cool. I just don't want to go to Satan's rear end in a top hat and get malaria just to have my soul eaten by a great green god.

4. You lot. Yeah, let's see if I can predict the responses: something something "inb4" something something "goon in a well" and then something about how all this is really my fault despite it being provably everyone else's.

Cross-posted to FYAD. Come at me, shitlords.

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

--

Skin: The Witch

Look: brooding, deep eyes
Origin: dabbler ("I read it on WikiHow.")

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2

Sympathetic Tokens
You gain power from sympathetic tokens - items of personal significance that you take from others. Each sympathetic token counts as a String.

Hex-Casting
You can cast Hexes. Choose two that you know. To cast them, either expend a sympathetic token during a secret ritual, or meet the targets gaze and chant at them in tongues. Then roll with dark. On a 10 up, the Hex works, and can easily be reversed. On a 7-9, it works but choose one:
- the casting does you 1 harm;
- the Hex has unexpected side effects;
- trigger your Darkest Self.

Hexes: Ring of Lies; Watching

Bide My Time
If youve got a sympathetic token against someone, add 1 to all rolls to hold steady against their actions or to run away from them.

Sex Move
After sex, you can take a sympathetic token from them. They know about it, and its cool.

Darkest Self
The time for subtlety and patience is over. Youre too powerful to put up with their garbage any longer. You hex anyone who slights you. All of your hexes have unexpected side effects, and are more effective than you are comfortable with. To escape your Darkest Self, you must offer peace to the one you have hurt the most.

Strings
Atash: 1 (he lacks subtlety) / -1 (he spotted me going through Jonah's stuff)
Cassandra: 0 / -1 (she thinks I'm 'currency')
Jonah: 2 (that's a lot of liquor to get through in a couple of days...) / -1 (he's always watching)
Eva: 1 (roomies) / -1 (roomies)

You start the game with two sympathetic tokens. Decide whose and what they are.

One of the others caught you rummaging through their friend's stuff, but kept quiet. They get a String on you.

Sympathetic Tokens
A cross belonging to Jonah.
Some orange Raybans that belong to Natalie.

--

Brad Silver

harrietlol: come on am, its not all bad
harrietlol: brad'll be there ;) from school
amberwitch98: Isn't he an actual athlete?
harrietlol: hes actual hott :)
amberwitch98: Well yeah. But why's he going to camp death-by-mosquitoes?
harrietlol: he lives in a trailer am
harrietlol: prolly cant afford it
harrietlol: but youl'l be the only person he knows there :)
harrietlol: bet hell keep you safe from mosquitos
amberwitch98: He'll steal my cigarettes.
harrietlol: hell steal more than that ;)
harrietlol: if you get my meaning ;)
amberwitch98: Yes, I get your meaning.
amberwitch98: Somehow.
amberwitch98: Since you don't loving punctuate anything.
harrietlol: lol

potatocubed fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jul 23, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Atash Bahadur

Facebook posted:

May 5th
Current favorite, Tube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npvNPORFXpc

Current Mood: Apathetic :|

Seriously, this loving sucks. Like totally sucks. I had everything going for me, a girlfriend that finally you know loving got me. Everything was loving perfect, hell, I even had some loving decent food. People that no one will miss are great like that. You can take it slowly let it kinda mature the taste, but loving, no. No, my dad has to go ruin everything. Black vans pull up, I have to get in and in 16 hours I get to step off in Sri Lanka.

You know how much wifi loving Sri Lanka has? I'll give you two guess, and the first one should be Jack and the second one is poo poo. Oh sure I bet there is in like a hotel or something, but not some ancient mountain covered in mist so that mortals are kept away. Apparently, the Raksasah had a meeting with Ravana and there was a disagreement. My dad wanted to come out of hiding a bit, maybe take over a country, have a little land to ourselves. You know like the old days.

Either way loving followers of Buddha come and break up up the party and they loving turn coated us. So yeah, gotta put my life on hold for another war. So yeah, I got to fight in a mythological war, I'm sure that some teacher back in Florida would have enjoyed sending me to detention for "what I did during the summer." Either way, I did get some shots in but, I got hurt, hurt bad.

Dad thinks that sending to loving Florida again will help. The only one that gave a drat about me was Dolly, and she will never forgive me and no one will ever like me. gently caress, I'll be lucky if I can find my next meal much less Zoey again. This stupid war has hosed everything up and all my plans on taking over the town.

So now, I gotta go to this loving summer camp like I am five. If I have to do basket weaving in the slightest, I am going to kill and eat the instructor. I swear to Ravana.

June 26th

Current Mood: Empty :(

I am kinda happy to back to Florida cause of all my great friends like Henry, and like Zoey and also Dolly. Yeah it will be great, but man nothing right ever happens to me seriously. I mean I'm kinda like going on half strength due to this loving wound. It is mostly healed as I can like pass has human again. So that is good, I guess.

Kinda sucks though, I know I will get back, I will be the weird kid. It always happens. At least though, I mean I will have wifi and poo poo regularly.

Twitter posted:

6/26 18:05 "I hate long plane flights. Also the inflight movie is God's and Generals. Send help, I have been captured and sent to christian hell."

6/27 22:45 "Finally off plane will try to patch things up with Zoey, she is a cool person maybe she will forgive me. :)"

7/1 11:50 "Zoey and Dolly are missing what the gently caress dude. Is everyone gone? :(( EVEN HENRY IS OFF TO COLLEGE WTF"

7/6 15:48 "All my friends are all gone, heading to camp now. This is the worst vacation. Even more so since I can't go out during the day anymore. Cause of the stupid War."

7/6 15:52 "Totes worse day of my loving life right now for reals."

Current Ipod Music Playlist

AdhesiveWombat - Anthem
Studio Killers - Grande Finale

iTunes wasn't available in Sri Lanka, give me a break okay?

quote:

Character Sheet

Name: Atash Bahadur - The Raksasah (Themed Werewolf Skin)

Look: long-nailed with predatory eyes

Origin: Demon-Descended

Stats
Hot: 2
Cold: -1
Volatile: 1
Dark: -1

Moves
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Primal Dominance - When you harm someone, take a String on them.

Heightened Senses - When you rely on your animal instincts to make sense of a charged situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, ask the MC three questions. If you act on one of the MCs answers, add 1 to your first roll.
On a 7-9, ask one:
Wheres my best escape route or way in?
Which enemy is the most vulnerable to me?
Whats their secret weakness?
What poses the biggest threat to me?
Whos in control here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sex Move - When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self - You transform into a terrifying Partial Raksasah. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

(A large blue ogre with four arms, and four heads, about twelve feet tall)

Your Backstory - You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.
Youve spent weeks watching someone from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Take 2 Strings on them.

NPC

THE loving ROB

Rob, we all know a Rob. He is that guy. I don't mean in a hypothetical way, but he is literally THAT GUY, given form. He doesn't seem to be harmful, but he is the most annoying person ever. He will talk about things you don't care about, he will ramble on about video games you don't have and when you think you finally told him that you aren't interested and he kinda gets it, he will launch into something you don't care about, but different.

You don't really talk to the Rob, but this is THE loving ROB. The ultimate Rob, the perfect storm of all factors that make that guy. He is "friends" with Atash.

Rumors

Atash has heard the murmurings among the spirits of the area that the war that he was sent to avoid that could slowly be encroaching upon the camp. Will Atash have to get body guards? Will they breach the boundaries and through the camp into a spiritual hell?! Atash doesn't know, and hopes it stays far away from where the camp is now.

There have been mutterings also among the prey humans that there was a spirit that moved into the area and Atash smelled it. Apparently, years ago before this was a camp this was a man named Jacobs. He went insane and killed his family in a sacrifice to ancient and forbidden gods. Hiding in the numerous caverns that seem to litter the area. People speak of a large thing that moves quickly but seems to stick to the water, and many believe it is Jacobs to this day.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 7, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Hey Rather Watch Them! I found something you might be able to edit:

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Damnit, part of me wants to app some sort of Chosen, but the other part of me knows I probably can't do it justice.

How long are you planning on leaving this open?

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Definitely interested. Will likely post something concrete later.

Speaking of which, are the Skins for the Skinless skins okay (Minotaur, Calaca, etc)? They're by the same dude who made the Harpy.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

I've never played this system before, so i'm kinda learning as I go, but it looks like a ton of fun! I'm working on a fae character at the moment, and should have sheet/backstory done hopefully by the end of the night!

Astrum Lux

quote:

Dear Mom and Dad:

Ok so this is gonna be a bit of a rant, but like, they have been such dicks lately. I realize this is the Write letters to people theyll never read thread, but because my mom is a loving control freak shell probably end up reading it. And then shell tell dad, and then hell be pissed.

First off: You guys dont even have the human decency(lol) to tell me i'm going to camp this year. Like, what the hell, I have to leave in a week and you dont tell me until now. I have no time to pack. I swear to god I will not be wearing jeans and t-shirt for the first time I see victor again since FOR EVER. I cant even call up any of my friends to go shopping with me, because surprise surprise, im the only person I know who isnt given a clothes allowance before travel. Stacy got 2000 bucks before her trip to the falls last year and I know dad makes more than her dad does.

Second, you guys totally ignore my feelings. Like you knew I didnt wanna go to camp this year, I wanted to visit the area so I could see victor, and like now HES going to camp too, and I know thats gonna cost his money he probably doesnt have. I dont wanna put up with any of the administrative BS that goes on and activities and stuff either. Like, just rent me a house! You rented my brother a house on Madrid last year and gave him an all expenses paid trip all through spain for an entire month for his birthday and all I got was grandmas jewelry for my sweet sixteen wow, way to prove that he youngest child always gets the short end of the stick.

Third; Holy poo poo, you guys wont let me drive down myself. Let me take moms car, I dont want to be stuck there the whole summer without having a vehicle! Buses are disgusting, and I cant believe youre gonna make Henry drive me the whole way. You guys hate him more than you hate me I guess.

I think thats all I got for this post, but if you want the full story just check my post history, this is no where close to the first time they’ve screwed me over.

quote:

Name: Astrum

Look: Mysterious, Laughing eyes

Origin: Adopted

Stats:
Volatile: -1
Dark: 1

Moves:
Faerie Contract:
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them. When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options:

1. They gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;

2. Add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;

3. They suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

Guide:
If you spend a String on someone willing, you can bring them across the veil, into the faery court. The spell doesnt last long, though, before youre both returned to the mundane world.

Sex move:
When you lie naked with another, you can ask them for a promise. If they refuse, take 2 Strings on them

Backstory:
Youve captured someones fancy. Gain 2 Strings on them.

NPC:

quote:

Dear CAMP administrators,

I received your letter on the shortage of senior councilors this year, and I hadn't intended to return after retiring, but I could never stay away from the kids if they need me. I've sent my luggage along with this missive, and should be arriving by rail soon after this reaches you. I dearly hope you have some younger councilors around, because I have been struck with the arthritis and require a cane these days, so I wont be catching anyone canoodling in the woods.

I am greatly looking forward to my return to CAMP, Florida is such a beautiful place.

Sincerely,
Harriet Layfeyette

The Hanging Tree

quote:

October 16, 1994
The Lake Silver Ledger
Article Clipped By Mary Stewart's parents, her last article ever published.

There have been several suicides in out area, but lets face it, so has every small town! But there's a few I've decided to investigate further. The specific deaths I'm going to look into are those that all took place near one structure, a huge pine tree that about a mile down south past the end of Harry's Trail. I'm sure everyone reading this has heard of it, and you might know it by the name it's been called for the past few years. It's a bit strange for me a journalist to call it this, but The Hanging Tree. Well, everyone knows why it's called that, but some dont know that only one of the suicides there was actually a hanging! It just seems to attract depressed people.

Or does it?

I have come to think that these weren't suicides, but murders. One of my dear friends was recently found dead within the vicinity of The Hanging Tree, and I know for fact she wasn't suicidal. I will get to the bottom of this, and take all you lovely readers with me!

WindmillSlayer fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 7, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Never played before either. Will get someone done in a bit, considering a Ghoul.

'The 'You returned as an Undead' Megathread IV: Learning how to not eat those delicious brains! posted:

Hey guys, long time lurker here. I've been reading a lot of posts here since I was resurrected six months ago and it helped me a lot during those days, even though I don't really remember how the heck did I die and what happened in first place. The fact that I found a girlfriend (Astrum) soon after the incident helped a lot too, although her family troubles are kind of a downer. In any case I'm posting here to get some questions regarding both my relationship with her... Like, for example it has been quite a while since we last met together and I've been really really shaky lately, and it's not just me missing her, it's a 'physical' thing too. And before you guys ask I tried some stuff and it's not helping. It's been so bad that I've applied for a summer camp that she is going just to see if I meet her because holy poo poo, it's really gnawing me.

Other thing. Does weed change the way it affects you post-resurrection because like, the latest blunts i've been taking have been pretty subdued. I dunno if it's my body building resistance but it's now taking the double of stuff I smoke before I actually get high. I know it's the kind of stuff I'd have to ask TCC instead but like I have no idea if there are undead there, unless they revived after being roasted inside a car or after ODing or something.

In any case, thanks in advance!

pre:
Charsheet

Name: Victor Valenzuela
Look: Face always covered by hoodie, wicked grin.

Stats:
Hot: -1
Cold: 1
Volatile: 2

Moves:

The Hunger: You have a Hunger for (circle 1): flesh, chaos, power, fear.
When you heedlessly pursue a Hunger, add 1 to rolls.
When you ignore a feeding opportunity, roll to hold steady.

Satiety: When you satiate a Hunger, choose one:
}} heal one harm;
}} remove a Condition;
}} mark experience;
}} carry 1 forward.

Short Rest for the Wicked: When you die, wait it out. Some hours later, you wake up fully healed.

Sex Move: When you have sex with someone, add having sex with [this person] as an additional Hunger. If you already have this Hunger, mark experience.

Darkest Self: You will maim, kill and destroy anything in between you and the nearest object of your hunger. 
You will feed relentlessly. You escape your Darkest Self when someone restrains you or fends you off for long enough for you to regain your composure
  at least thirty or forty minutes.

Backstory:Someone reminded you what love was, when you thought that death had stolen it away from you forever. Give them 2 Strings.

NPC - Big Bertha

The unofficial mascot of Lake Silver, Bertha is perhaps the biggest alligator in all of Florida, and has been known for locals for more than fifty years. Despite her large size, she is actually a docile creature, and campers often rejoiced in using the reptile as an impromptu waste dispenser, feeding her with all sort of discarded trash and food they could find. Such behavior is disencouraged by the Camp staff, but no one ever dared to chase Big Bertha out of the Lake.

Rumor - The Spanish Expedition.

Victor heard from a friend of his friend about how Lake Silver was the place where a splinter group of Ponce de Len's explorers tried to find the Fountain of Youth. During their search, the spaniards were beset by disease, hungry alligators and poisonous snakes, and not a single of them ever made out of the swamp alive. Yet it is said that spanish-speaking skeletons wearing the garb of Conquistadores still roam around the area every full moon, looking for the mystical fountain that eluded them for ages...

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jul 7, 2014

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

thelazyblank posted:

How long are you planning on leaving this open?

At least a week. Maybe two if needed to finish up all the questions.

Jolinaxas posted:

Speaking of which, are the Skins for the Skinless skins okay (Minotaur, Calaca, etc)? They're by the same dude who made the Harpy.

Generally not a fan of the Skinless stuff. They can be rather wonky in the mechanics. And some of them are rather bad. The Harpy was pretty good and had a clear teen archetype that fit which I liked.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Does Abby need to make an appearance?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Abby! Abby! We need abby! You can mix her up a bit to make her have an interest secret twist now too :ohdear:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Corey

So I think I have autism
TW: disregard for mental health; loving DOUCHEbags!

Okay so, most of my readers already know this, but I have a friend. But he's not like normal friends... which is good, right? "Normal" friends are problematic. By the way, can we agree that calling certain kinds of people, including friends, "normal" is also highly problematic? If you don't like my "weird" friend then you can gently caress right off, shitlord!

Anyway, this friend is named Bob. I got to give him that name when we were both really small. The thing about Bob is that I can only see him when light is cast on me. That's right, it's my shadow. Now, Bob is a great friend to me, but he doesn't like other people. I think he finds them triggering; I dunno, you can ask him next time I front as him. By the way, I had to turn off anonymous Asks, too many people were asking me if I was Norman Bates or something. Uh, shitlords, have you even seen Psycho? Goddess, I don't know what to do about these people.

Anyway, last week my sister was screaming and crying. Like, I know she's less than a year old? But we all have problems, okay? Bob was getting all annoyed too; I thought he'd start crying like a baby. So I did what I had to. I took a pillow and started to suffocate Jenny. Just a little bit, just until she fell asleep. I know you think I was gonna kill her. Well maybe think twice before judging a book by it's cover, shitlord!

Mom walked in, saw me doing it. She was pissed. I mean furious. She looks like she's gonna hit me but then.. she just starts sobbing like Jenny was. Whining about how she's tired of these outbursts, tired of me blaming everything on my imaginary friend. Ugh talk about light-shaming. But that's my mom.

And that's what I'm talking about. I don't understand what her problem is. Or Jenny's. I've never killed anyone in my life. And I don't mean to hurt them. I don't get why they can't understand that I'm just trying to figure out who I am. Being a teenager is hard. Even harder if you might have a mental disorder.

So Mom is sending me Lake Silver for Summer Camp or some bullshit. I read about it... it's muggy and full of alligators. I think she's trying to kill me. Well, I'll show her. As long as I have Bob around, I'm invincible.

No one can stop me.

#besties #autism #headmate #idon'tcareifyoujerksthingicantusethattagicanuseanytag #iwant #unstoppable

quote:

Corey and Bob
The Shadow

Look: calm, nervous eyes
Origin: enthusiastic imaginary friend
Shadow's Voice: a child's voice

Stats:
Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2

Shadow Moves
The Passenger
Your Shadow takes note of anyone
with their fingers in your clay. Anytime
someone gains a string on you, give
them the condition Shadowed. When
you gaze into the abyss, its your Shadow
who answers.

Dayslumber
At sunrise your Cold increases
by 1 and your Dark decreases by
1. Your stats return to normal at
sunset.

Mine!
When you lash out physically against
someone who has a string on you, roll
Dark instead of Volatile.

Timothy Smith
Talk about oppression. I told this camp counselor about Bob, and now he's acting like he can talk to his shadow too and he won't stop following me around. Like he has any idea of what it's like to have a friend this dark. Don't worry, Bob, we're still besties. This guy annoys me too.

What Lies Beneath
I'm not shocking anyone when I suggest this camp gets a lot of deaths. Some people think that's the whole point: shove kids into a creepy murder factory and forget about them. But here's what I heard: there's actually another camp underneath the water. Apparently lurking under the swamp is a whole bunch of dead kids stuck here forever. And what do they do when they aren't making creepy macaroni art and learning to ride undead horses? What else... they come up out of the water and try to get more kids to enlist.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Oh hi there! Mind if I sit next to you? Oh no, I'm so sorry, my bag's pretty heavy! So are you on your way to camp? Me too! Haha, I guess I wouldn't be on this bus if I weren't, would I? Ohemgee, I am such a ditz sometimes! I-- What? Oh, sorry Miss Mabel! I'll keep it down! ... whoa, that was a bit embarrassing. Everyone was looking at us. Ugh I bet they think I'm weird now. Do you think I'm weird? I feel like you do! Oh, good, that's so nice of you to say!

Anyway, I'm Natalie Merryweather York! Super great to meet you. I've never been to Florida before; is it like, going to be like this at camp? No beach? Wow, this isn't what I expected at all. I hope there aren't snakes here -- I hate snakes! So gross! This was all kind of last minute, because I needed to go stay with daddy while mom goes to the alps with Richard. But, like, he said he's going to be really busy with business all summer, and he was worried I'd be bored all the time. So he found this camp, and like, it was just perfect because it was starting at just the right time. Daddy's always thinking about me like that.

What? Of course I'm not being sarcastic. Daddy really is busy with work. Like, so busy that he couldn't even make it to my birthday this year! I know he wouldn't do something like that for no reason. And like, he sent me this phone the next day and everything. Uh... no, the cracked screen is like... totally my fault. Dropped it down the stairs the other week. It's not too bad, though -- look, it still works. Smile, selfie! Wow, pretty bad reception out here, huh? I guess I'll upload it later.

So like, did you hear about how there's supposed to be a monster in this swamp or something? Funny, right? People can't really believe in that kind of stuff anymore, can they? There's no such thing as monsters. Everyone knows that.

quote:

The Neighbor

Name: Natalie York
Look: Hot mess, smiling eyes
Origin: Divorce Kid

Sex Move
When you scream out someone's name during sex, gain a String on them.

Darkest Self
You feel... you feel like a monster.
What kind of monster do you feel like? A werewolf, a vampire, a ghost, a queen... it can be anything you can think of. Tell the MC, and they'll hand you that Skin (or the closest thing to it). It can be different each time. Read their Darkest Self: you are drowning in metaphor. Choking on it. Your body isn't supernatural, but you're gonna take it right to the line. Trigger their Darkest Self for you.

Neighbor Moves:

Two Eyes
When you take your glasses off, add 1 to your hot. You actually need your glasses, so subtract 1 from rolls where sight matters.

Lucky I Guess
When you remain oblivious to troubling or supernatural occurrences, carry 1 forward.

Self-Deprecating
When you talk poo poo about yourself to someone, they choose:
- argue and give you a String,
- let it slide and shut you down.
If it's an NPC, MC chooses: they argue and give you a String, they mock you and the MC makes a hard move.

Spooked
When you run into someone's arms, they choose:
- you mark experience,
- they become their Darkest Self.
If it's an NPC, MC chooses: you mark experience, or they make a hard move.

Strings:

Amber the Witch -
Atash the Raksahah - 1
Cassandra the Wyrm - 5
Eva the Hollow - 1
Jonah the Reverent - 1
Robin the Cuckoo -
Rachel the Chosen -

NPC:

Miss Mabel:

Miss Mabel is like... one of the counselors or something, and she's like a million years old and super, super strict. I asked, and someone told me that she's been here for as long as the camp has! Wow, she must like kids a lot more than she lets on. Once I saw her go off into the woods by herself in the middle of the night, carrying something -- weird. I wonder what she was doing out there?

Oh, you want to hear about, like, that monster thingy some more? There was a statue back in the town where I got on the bus -- it looked like a crocodile -- or is it an alligator? I can never tell the difference -- and a catfish had a baby. Some kind of local legend, I guess? Like I said, it seems really silly.

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 9, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Jonah, the Reverent

Currently Listening to: Genesis - Land of Confusion

So before I sat down to write this, I did some reading. I needed to clear my head.

Right there, big rule number five: Honor thy father and mother. And I'm keeping that in mind. My parents wanted to send me to a summer camp this year, and I'm 100 percent behind them - totally, but I get the distinct impression they didn't do much research besides taking a look at the name. While I am a Christian, and an athlete, and immensely proud of both of these parts of me, a few minutes of checking around, and I'm a little confused as to why they're still called that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for another Study group or anything like that. I've taken to heart the teachings the Word provides, and unless I'm called to the pulpit as my father was, I realize that my energy should be focused on earthly concerns. Besides, acting proud and haughty and worst of all, backward, is no way to spread the News to those who have not heard it for themselves. And you don't need to preach to the choir - this could be a great opportunity. I just wonder if I should tell Mom and Dad about the strange things I've read.

I think I'll leave it in the Lord's hands. I pray that I've made the right decision.

Ephesians 4:29:
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace to the hearers.

pre:
Playbook: The Reverent
Name: Jonah Myers
Look: Preppy; Empathetic Eyes
Origin: Born in the Faith

Stats: Hot +1, Cold +1, Volatile 0, Dark -1

[+]Martyr
When you take harm because you were trying to help or protect someone,
mark experience and gain a string on them.

[+]Eye for an Eye
If someone gives you a condition, give them a condition.
If you're already going to give them a condition, take 1 forward instead.

[+]Guide My Hand
Whenever someone you have strings on is in trouble (your call), 
you may spend a string on them to have you already be there - 
with or without any clear explanation why.

Sex Move
When you deny someone sexually, gain the condition Tempted and gain a string on them.
When you have sex with someone, lose all strings you had on them and remove a condition.

Darkest Self
The judgement of the Kingdom of Heaven is upon them all! You see sin and corruption all around you,
and it's your divine mission to stamp it out, to burn the wicked and cast down the dirty whores.
No longer will they laugh at you or put down your beliefs - now is the time to show them what true power is.
You'll create a hell on earth to save their miserable souls, whether they want it or not.

You escape your darkest self when you repent, and someone forgives you of your wrongdoings.

Your Backstory
You watch everyone, practically unnoticed, waiting for them to slip up. Gain a string on everyone.
Someone knows your greatest sin. They gain two strings on you.
Jonah's research has turned up information on:

NPC: "So apparently, one of those 'punk' girls from my school is going to this camp as well. If her pointedly lewd responses to my invitations to come to Bible Group or join the cheerleading squad are any indication, Mara is neither Christian, nor an Athlete. In fact, judging by the lascivious comments I overheard her make about the cheerleading captain, she may be outright living in sin."

Local Spookyness: "Also, when I clicked past clearly spurious reports about a masked killer named 'Jason', I did see a bunch of comments about the nearby Mud Swamp. Apparently, one or more groups of vagrants have made the area their home for some time, and occasionally wander near the area where the camp is located."

Strings
Name-----Mine on Them/Theirs on Me
Amber: 1/3 (Knows My Sinx2 + Sympathetic Token)
Natalie: 1/0
Atash: 2 (No Subtlety, Cabinmate)/0
Robin: 1/0
Eva: 1/0
Cassandra: 1/1 (Thinks I'm currency)
Rachel: 1/1 (Her talent and athleticism has caught my eye.)

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 10, 2014

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
updated my sheet with the only NPC that makes me physically recoil.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Axe-man posted:

updated my sheet with the only NPC that makes me physically recoil.

Rob :magical:

I've also updated my post with my character, NPC, and Locale. :yayclod:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Madison Question #1
So who certifies the quality of your homeschooling? Because poo poo you sound pretty dumb if your parents are more tech savvy than you and youre trying your hardest to get featured on an episode of To Catch a Predator. Okay actual question (though last one was legit fair). I know youre still new here, but have you made any friends yet? Has anyone caught your fancy? If so, how did L react to that?

Dolly Question #1
drat girl, you got issues. I almost dont know where to start really. Lets take this slow. How are you coping with this new (wretched) environment? Is there anything interesting in Lake Silver to take your mind off your troubles? Any activities to keep you busy at camp?

Amber Question #1
Finally someone marginally more well-adjusted. That attitude needs work though. So how much of this magic crap have you done before? I dont think you get internet in the swamp, so what resources do you have to continue with your craft?

Atash Question #1
So whats going with this war thing? Is someone looking for you? Who would that be? Are you hiding in jesus camp or something? Because if so, you have some lovely tastes in hiding spots.

Astrum Question #1
Adopted eh? When did you learn that? And how much do you know about your non-human nature? Promise to tell the truth now.

Victor Question #1
You sir are creepy and look a little worse for wear. How many times have you died? What does it feel like? Are you not bothered by your undead nature?

Corey and Bob Question #1
Know any good dead baby jokes? Oh I kid, I kid. So tell us more about your relationship with Bob. What does he want? Does he communicate that or do you just guess? Do you ever fight or have disagreements?

Natalie Question #1
You look like a fun time. What? Its just an expression. Im sure youve heard many times... Umm so what have you brought with you to camp? Are you super prepared for 100+ temps and giant flying roaches? I hear that 99% humidity is really murder on the hair.

Jonah Question #1
Im sure youre dying to tell us about your faith. So have at it. Like what denomination are you? Will you be sharing Gods love with others at camp? If so...how does one do that exactly?

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

oh hey i wrote a dumb thing (still working on the NPC/rumor thing tho)

Robin, the Cuckoo

(Ask) me about having some weird head problem or something idk posted:

At least, I think I have a problem. Is there a name for like...never feeling like yourself? Ever? Are there pills for that?

I guess I should start at the beginning. Like...like, I don't know for sure but "mom" lol she's not my real mom anyways says her neighbor packed up all of a sudden and left little me on her doorstep in some old-timey picnic basket one morning. She says that! Sometimes I wonder if she's, like, lying so that I won't get attached to her or anything but...but people don't do that, right?

Lie. Like that.

Right?

I mean, I guess I lie like that. I lie a lot, but it's not really...it's not, right? It's not that bad. And it's not *lying* lying. Like, I'm going around not *saying* I'm that quiet girl in the back of precalc who nobody bothers or anything. I just...things just kind of happen. I mean, I just-- okay, fine, I guess I stole her big oversized sweater 'cos I was cold and it was really cute and she'd just left it there on some bench, but it's just a sweater, right? She can just buy another one.

I'm not a bad person or anything, okay? Like, it's not like I *stabbed* somebody or set the school on fire or something crazy like that! I just, you know...borrowed her sweater. Indefinitely. And I guess I didn't know know but everybody kept giving me those looks, you know, the ones she gets and sometimes you just *know*, you know? And...it was nice. I guess. Being someone else for awhile. Being this other girl who had a life and a family and a lot of quiet time and and weird sweet dork friends and a really loving cute girlfriend. Being this doofy loving boy who forgot his coat at the lockers and makes this big sappy thing out of baking cookies with his mom and dad every other Friday ('cos I guess they were in some accident or something? idek) and is so loving *loved*.

*I* was so loving loved. And it felt like I hadn't been myself in months or something and I guess i kind of forgot where myself ended and all of them begun (was I a boy or a girl?) but it didn't matter 'cuz why would I want to be *that* boring nobody anyways?

Until, you know, one day I'm that girl again (ugh i mean i'm better at it she just mopes and skulks and broods and loving wastes it she doesn't *deserve* to be) and I'm with (her/my) gf in some back corner of the school library and she kisses me so hard it makes my toes curl and

And she looks at me and slaps me and has this look on her face like she's going to vomit and she's all no no you're not Rose what the gently caress is going on and and pretty soon there are a bunch of calls home and "mom" is sending me to some stupid Jesus Boot Camp thing! Like I guess it's cheaper than therapy but how the gently caress is that fair? We don't even go to church! Ughhhhh

#parentsjustdontunderstand

@tartbularasa on Twitter posted:

7/6 16:01 "blank nametags and grape scented markers. :) i guess they dont care what we write. how does robin sound?"

@tartbularasa on Twitter posted:

Liz Rynson, older sister of that "really loving cute girlfriend." Psychology grad student. Volunteers during the summer. Scary protective of her little sister.
7/6 17:15 "sahgdadgashdgfuck"
7/6 17:16 "ashsdaghdf how is she even here shes like 23 right"
7/6 17:16 "that girl i sort of fooled arnd with had a very angry sister"
7/6 17:17 "ugh she's a counselor i don't think she saw me but"
7/6 17:17 "ngl i'm kinda scared she'll kill me or something haha"

pre:
Playbook: The Cuckoo
Name: Robin (???) Groves
Look: Exuberant, innocent eyes
Origin: Left in a Basket

Stats: Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile 0, Dark -1

Feathers
Your magic lets you pass as the person whose clothes you're wearing. When
you're seen wearing someone else's clothes, but aren't yet passing, roll
with hot. On a 10 up, you're passing as them - you'd fool their mother and
their favorite hookup. Mark the outfit you're wearing below. 

On a 7-9, same as above, but choose one:
 the magic will dissipate if you kiss or get kissed,
 the magic will dissipate if you lash out at anyone.

While you're passing as someone, give social Conditions you receive to
them instead. This won't let you avoid physical Conditions, though.

Shredding the Looking Glass
When someone suspects you're not who you appear to be, read them this:
"If the enchantment were to be broken, the edges would be very sharp.
You momentarily notice a gap in my magic. 

Choose one:
 tear my magic away - my identity is revealed and the clothes are in
tatters, but you get scratched up in the process and take 1 harm,
 shake your head to clear it - "it was nothing."

That Good
While you're passing as someone, if anyone would gain a String on you,
they instead gain it on the person you're passing as.

Sex Move
Once you've had sex with someone, add 1 to your rolls for passing as them.
(List them here, and also add +1's to your outfit list.)

Darkest Self
Somebody is a hack at playing themselves in their own life. It
grates on you. It's time for you, the understudy, to take that place in
the spotlight; you portray them so much better than they do. It's time
to take them out of the picture, using whatever means necessary. Replace
them. You escape your Darkest Self when something they do surprises
you, or someone shows a genuine care for them, or you succeed.

Your Backstory
You've stolen an outfit from someone. Record it under "Outfits," and gain a
String on that person.

Someone gave you an outfit so that you could impersonate them - discuss
with them and decide why. Record it under "Outfits," and you each get a String on one another.

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 9, 2014

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Cocks Cable posted:

Corey and Bob Question #1
Know any good dead baby jokes? Oh I kid, I kid. So tell us more about your relationship with Bob. What does he want? Does he communicate that or do you just guess? Do you ever fight or have disagreements?

Bob and I are best friends, but to be honest it's a little one-sided. He tells me what to do and most of the time, I do it. But hey, he's just a shadow. If I'm not around to provide agency for him, who will?

Anyway, what he wants most is to be my best friend in the whole world. I'm a lucky guy, really, especially considering what he wants to do to people who aren't my best friends. I'm not saying he's a murderous monster, but he's definitely got a rough edge to his personality.

Huh? What was that, Bob? Oh. Bob says you're getting a little close. Can you step back a little, please?

Bob and I disagree sometimes, but I don't really like to get into it. We used to disagree a lot more, but over time Bob has opened my eyes to the necessity of his way. After all, I don't have many other friends and Bob has been there with me since I was little. I'd say that warrants some loyalty, and so would Bob.

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Cocks Cable posted:

Astrum Question #1
Adopted eh? When did you learn that? And how much do you know about your non-human nature? Promise to tell the truth now.

Ugh, thats super personal. You'd better tell me something fun in return. I was adopted when I was like, 5 I guess. There's a Christmas tree ornament for my sixth birthday so it had to have been before then. My stupid parents celebrate christmas like Kris Kingle himself is gonna tear a hole in reality and step out of the winter court. We had to sing carols in german because that's whats in vogue with big red and jolly. I wish my parents weren't nobility, you know? It's so boring.

Non-human is kinda a dickish way to put it, you know. Because I'm like, human first, then I get thrown in with the fae and their all "Promises matter young one" then I break one, and oh poo poo suddenly migraine headaches and bad luck, but no one tells you that, your just supposed to know or whatever. Like, who expects a 9 year old to keep all her promises?? ugh. Well now I know better, but still, jeez.

The only good part is I can totally get back at Scarlett one day because she plays lacrosse and one game it's gonna come down to her to score, and like, bam, I'm gonna throw her "I promise I'll make it to your party party, and I'll totally bring some boys with me" back in her loving face, because she's gonna forget how to walk in an upright position.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Cocks Cable posted:

Dolly Question #1
drat girl, you got issues. I almost dont know where to start really. Lets take this slow. How are you coping with this new (wretched) environment? Is there anything interesting in Lake Silver to take your mind off your troubles? Any activities to keep you busy at camp?
You're telling me. You haven't even heard the half of it, and that's for me to know and you to find out.

Anyway, I have this doll. It was an accessory from my first outfit, the one he gave me the first time I slept with him. I mean, I wasn't going to go outside with wrinkles on my skirt, and the club we were going to was for goths anyway... I'm getting off-topic.

I have this doll here. I keep her in my purse now, as a reminder of what I had. It helps me focus on who I am and who I could still be. Barb says it's unhealthy to keep attachments to him because of what we've been doing, but I know what I'm doing. When I look at her and do what I've been doing (at least it seems to work), it takes me back to the city, like I'm not even here. It's the closest thing I have to him.

I haven't been active lately. Barb does most of the work, because I get distracted. So without her dragging me around I can get back to my exercises. Tai Chi, first of all. Glad they have that, even if it's watered-down from the usual Krav Maga and Jiujitsu I'm used to. Then there's the archery and rifle range. I guess it's kinda like crossbow practice. They have tomahawks though, which is awesome. Too bad there's nothing silver...

Oh, that's probably weird to hear, right? I used to know a girl who was super into the Walking Dead. And the walking dead. I used to train with her in case we needed to fight the undead, but I only know of one person who was actually dead and walking.

Outside of that, there's a leather-working course I've been interested in. It would be cool to have a little cozy on my corset for Li'l Dolly. And rock-climbing would be cool if I had a pair of flats. Maybe I can make moccasins one day and then go rock-climbing?

There's a cool tree that I'd like to climb, too. It's eight feet in diameter, one of the oldest living pines in the South. I heard you can see the Keys from the highest stable branch. Maybe I could see all the way to Sri Lanka if I made it to the top. I'm lumber, you know. I mean, limber. Not like a tree, just light on my feet. Well, I mean technically...

Anyway, swimming. I have a cute onesie I've wanted to try on... Oh, but the lake is full of bugs. Whatever. I didn't want to tan anyway. I have a natural pallor that really helps me pull off the doll look. I earn my name, after all...

Huh. Uh, next question?

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jul 7, 2014

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eva Esperanza

Jane Hind posted:

[E/n] I Don't Know Who the Hell I Am

No seriously, I can't remember anything earlier than a couple weeks ago. My parents say I was in an accident and hit my head, but I don't even remember waking up in the hospital or anything. The first thing I remember is waking up in my bedroom and my parents freaking the gently caress out over it.

Speaking of my parents, how do I know that's what they even are? I mean, they told me they're my parents, but how would I even know if they were lying? I only have their word to go on. Hell, I didn't even know what a parent was until I looked it up on Wikipedia. (That was pretty gross to think about, btw.) Maybe these are just some crazy people who kidnapped and brainwashed me to be their daughter. The best argument I can thing of against this is if they were going to brainwash me, you'd think they'd have done a better job of it. Whoever they are, I know they're hiding something from me.

And now they're shipping me off to some summer camp in the loving swamp. They say I just need to be around some people my own age, and everything will start coming back to me. I can tell even they think that's bullshit. I've been watching every summer camp related thing I can find on Netflix, just so I have some idea what I'm getting in to.

Of course, they had to send me to the shittiest, most haunted camp in the state. I looked this place up online, and get this: apparently during the end of the civil war, when it was clear who was going to win, this plantation owner took his slaves down to the lake one-by-one and shot them, rather than let them be free. And they built a loving summer camp in this place. I'll be lucky if I come back at all.

Maybe I don't even want to come back.

Out of Character Bio (Because I felt I should establish this somehow.)
Eva Esperanza is dead. She died in the accident her parents claim gave her amnesia. This character is not Eva Esperanza. In their grief, her parents prayed, wished, and begged anything they could think of for their daughter back. Instead they got a hollow shell that looks and sounds like her. Of course, Not-Eva doesn't know any of this. Yet.

quote:

Name: Eva Esperanza
Skin: The Hollow
Look: Haunted, Desperate Eyes
Origin: Product of a wish

Hot: 0
Dark: 1

Moves
A Blank Canvas
When you take an action that embodies one of the Conditions that you have, and you allow that Condition to influence your sense of self, cross it off and add 1 to your roll.

Better Than Nothing
When you gain a Condition, mark experience.

Mimicry
Whenever someone uses a Skin move on you, roll with dark.
On a 7 up, temporarily gain that move, losing it again after the first time you use it.
On a 10 up, you may instead choose to permanently replace a Skin move you have with this new move.

Sex Move
After having sex with someone, replace your current sex move with theirs, adding this sentence to the end of it.

Darkest Self
Your body is a prison. You dont belong inside of it. You need to put it in harms way, and make it suffer, just like its made you suffer. Theres got to be a way to cut yourself out of it. You need to meet your makers, and hold them accountable for what theyve done to you. To escape your Darkest Self, you must come face to face with someone who feels more trapped than you do.

Backstory
Youve been taking your social cues from someone, and doing so has taught you a lot about them. Gain 2 Strings on them.

Someones seen through your invented past, and realized its all lies. Give them 2 Strings on you.

pre:
Current Strings
	    (Mine|Theirs)
Amber: 		1|1
Atash: 		0|3
Natalie: 	2|0
Jonah: 		0|1
Robin: 		1|1
Cassandra: 	1|0
Rachel: 	0|2

Carla Lopez

Carla is smart, captain of the debate team, front runner for valedictorian smart. And if not exactly popular, the only person at school who actively hates her is the other front runner for valedictorian. She's already started thinking about which med schools she's going to apply to. She also happens to be Eva's oldest friend. The real Eva; you know, the one who's dead. It remains to be seen how long she'll buy the amnesia story.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 26, 2014

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

Cocks Cable posted:

Natalie Question #1
You look like a fun time. What? Its just an expression. Im sure youve heard many times... Umm so what have you brought with you to camp? Are you super prepared for 100+ temps and giant flying roaches? I hear that 99% humidity is really murder on the hair.

Wait, giant flying roaches? Is that a joke? Cockroaches don't fly, can they? You are kidding around, ri-- EEEEK THERE'S ONE NOW THEY'RE REAL GET IT OFF!

Oh, that was a leaf, sorry. Anyway, I brought some bug spray! Well, a can. Maybe I should have brought more? I've got sunscreen! Oh and clothes and stuff obviously, my cellphone, solar charger, that John Green book everyone says is really sad (I can't see the movie until I read the book!). And like, yeah, no kidding about my hair! There's not a lot I can do about it out here, I guess.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Finished putting NPC and spooky case!

Cocks Cable posted:

Victor Question #1
You sir are creepy and look a little worse for wear. How many times have you “died”? What does it feel like? Are you not bothered by your undead nature?

Hey first: gently caress you, I'm not creepy, bro. Second... Think I've died just twice to be honest. Dunno about the first one, only thing I remember was waking up in an empty warehouse near South Beach, atop a table full of blood. I have no idea of what happened back then, can't even remember anything from the day before, but dunno, assume someone killed me for some kind of freak experiment. rear end in a top hat wasn't there to see how it ended, though. Second time I died was when I got in a fight with Asty and I was like "HEY BABY I LOVE YOU, YOU KNOW I COULD DO ANYTHING TO YOU" on her window but she wouldn't listen. So to make sure she knew I meant business I got my dad's old piece from when he was in the police back in Cuba, went to the front of her house, called her to see and blew my own brains out. Woke up a few hours later in the hospital, Asty was crying her eyes out and dad was really loving angry, yo. The poo poo he made me go through was worse than what I felt when I shot myself in the head...

But poo poo, to feel bothered... I dunno, I've got some real crappy urges since I was revived, but otherwise... Well, can't say I'm afraid of dying anymore, so guess that's a good thing. But being hungry all the time and getting less sensible to stuff is a real bummer. *sigh* At least I got to meet Asty, and she's the best girlfriend you can ask for, but I've been really afraid of losing her because I have no idea of what would happen to me, both in the physical and on the mental sense if she left, y'know. And I'm kinda afraid of doing something to her I would regret later, like... Like losing control or something. poo poo.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

quote:

Im sure youre dying to tell us about your faith. So have at it.

That's a little passive-aggressive, isn't it? You probably think I'm one of those Westboro people or something. Let me tell you, I've attended a few soldier's funerals - members of my father's parish, mostly, and when I did, it wasn't with some asinine sign. The Lord works in mysterious ways, but I'm reasonably sure that's -not- one of them.

quote:

Like what denomination are you?

Southern Baptist, sir (or ma'am.)

quote:

Will you be sharing Gods love with others at camp? If so...how does one do that exactly?

If they wish to have it shared with them. I'm not what you'd call an authority, as it were, on specific teachings or doctrine, but I'm happy to discuss my experience with religion with anyone who wants to hear it. I won't be leaving pamphlets under cabin doors or anything - if people don't want to hear it, I'm happy to wait until they do, hopefully.

What most don't realize is that there isn't this need to constantly be reading the bible or feeling guilty. I'm on several sports teams, have a fair amount of friends, even had a girlfriend, though not currently. I have hobbies and goals that don't have anything to do with the church. Embracing God isn't about the exclusion of everything else.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 7, 2014

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Cocks Cable posted:

Amber Question #1
Finally someone marginally more well-adjusted. That attitude needs work though. So how much of this magic crap have you done before? I dont think you get internet in the swamp, so what resources do you have to continue with your craft?

Most magic crap is crap, believe you me. I got started poking around the internet when I was about fourteen - it's toe-curling to say it, but I was looking for a love potion, and that got me onto all these wiccan sites, and from there to occult sites and some nutty conspiracy stuff... yeah, weird poo poo.

Anyway, I found my recipe and I mixed it up and I managed to get it into the guy's Coke... and he had to go to hospital and get his stomach pumped because it turns out some of those herbs are seriously toxic. So that was bullshit. But... I don't know. I just got an interest in the whole mystic weirdy thing, and I kept trying this, and that, like making voodoo dolls and poo poo (didn't work, got me a trip to the Principal's office) and then it all just kind of clicked, you know? A bit of Crowley, a bit of voodoo, a bit of wicca, a bit of Thoth... like an occult smoothie.

It's a bit hit-and-miss, though. Becky Chambers was giving me poo poo, so I gave her some, and she kicked the tar out of me - but I got some of her hair in the process. I made one of my little dolls and drew the circles and poo poo, but instead of striking her blind I just ended up riding around in her head for a few hours. It was fantastic for about five minutes - It works! Magic works! - and then it was just her getting high with her dumbass buddies and me getting high as her and that was just weird. But it's progress! Level up, drop a point in sorcery, that sort of deal.

Still, I've got plans. Maybe next time I'll find out something useful, or I could take control instead of just watching.

But now I'm off to camp CAMP - ugh - and all I've got is as much occult text as I can fit on an iPhone (which is a lot), the stuff I can remember (which is less), and my Big Book of Spells - no, it doesn't say that on the cover - which is where I write down all the stuff that works, what I've tried that doesn't work, and what might work better next time. See Mr Carpenter? I am paying attention in science.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

quote:

Madison Question #1
So who certifies the quality of your homeschooling? Because poo poo you sound pretty dumb if your parents are more tech savvy than you and youre trying your hardest to get featured on an episode of To Catch a Predator. Okay actual question (though last one was legit fair). I know youre still new here, but have you made any friends yet? Has anyone caught your fancy? If so, how did L react to that?

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR DAD!!

Seriously though, like, I just didn't know they knew how to do that. Dad asks me to help him change the stupid TV settings all the time!

Um... I haven't really made any real friends yet. I mean, there's my bunkmate Bridget I guess

She's nice enough, and she shared her snacks, since my parents didn't let me take any. They say I'm getting fat.

Apparently her parents abandoned her when she was 10, which is like, soooo sad... her foster parents are pretty cool apparently. She wants to be here. Can you believe that?!

I told L about her pretty fast, I tell him everything... He said he was happy I was making new friends.

Said I should introduce them sometime.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Cassandra Reynolds

I deserve better.
Look, so, I know my life is easy. My parents are rich, I get everything I want, hell, I even have a personal maid at home! Her name's Simone. She's pretty cool. But hey, I deserve it. My lineage is distinguished. I'm like nigh-on royalty. I deserve all my money and jewels and everything else. It all belongs to me. All those petty thieves scrambling in the dirt around me, scratching for pennies so they can buy some stale bread and moldy fruit, all their possessions and loved ones, I own everything. But I digress.

My dad's an rear end in a top hat. We got into an argument, for like the millionth time. He said I needed to start acting like one of our own, and start making my own fortune. Greedy poo poo. He could own half the companies on the Fortune 500 list if he wanted to. He could give me maybe half a percent of his money and I'd be set for life. He wouldn't even miss it. But no. He wants me to make my own money. Like, what the gently caress? Don't I even get a trust fund or something? So I lost my temper. I broke one of his favorite vases. Some Song dynasty poo poo. Don't know, don't care. But yeah, that was the last straw, I guess.

So now I'm here in this backwater dump they call a camp. "Getting my poo poo straight", as he put it. The clothes in my suitcase cost more than this whole loving place, what the hell am I gonna do? They took my car so I can't drive away. You bet your rear end I'm not going to walk back, that's like two miles! At least I still have my cigars, I guess. The smoke staves off the mosquitoes. Small blessings, I suppose? Somebody tell me there's a solution here, or I might end up just going serial killer on this camp.

pre:
Playbook: The Wyrm
Name: Cassandra Reynolds
Look: Expensive, sly eyes
Origin: In Your Blood

Stats: Hot -1, Cold 2, Volatile -1, Dark 1

Bargaining Ceremony.
Drinking tea, sharing a cigarette, playing chess, or sitting back to back are all ceremonies. 
When negotiating a bargain during a ceremony, both of you can offer Strings as part of that bargain. 
This can include Strings you have on others, or new Strings that you generate on yourselves. 
When you're both satisfied, the exchange occurs.

The Bait
You have a collection of beautiful things  maybe zines, jazz records, or old jewelry. 
When you show it to someone, they inevitably find something they fancy. 
They will mark experience when it becomes theirs and is no longer yours. Also, choose one:
- they see something someone else would like, and when you show that someone the something, 
  carry one forward against them.
- the time has flown by and it's hours later than you thought.

Scales
Once per session, you can transform into a terrifying beast of talons and coils. 
Give yourself the Condition secretly vulnerable. While transformed, 
you can roll to lash out physically with dark, except do as much harm as you like. 
When the scene ends, you collapse back into your human form.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, they choose at least one of these:
- Give the Wyrm a String on you, and take something from their collection.
- Give the Wyrm a String on you, and take a String on them.
- Give the Wyrm a String on you, and receive any promise from them you'd like.
- Give the Wyrm a String on you, and a Condition

Darkest Self
You've become too heady, too lax, too vague. You need to dominate one of the people-things that you treasure, 
let it know that it's yours, that it doesn't get to choose who owns it  you do. You escape your Darkest Self 
when your treasured thing proves that you don't own it entirely, or when you see the difference between objects and people.

Strings
Currency;
Amber the Witch      - 1/0
Atash the Raksashah  - 2/0
Jonah the Reverent   - 1/1
Natalie the Neighbor - 5/0
Treasure;
Eva the Hollow       - 0/1
Rachel the Chosen    - 0/1
Robin the Cuckoo     - 0/1

NPC: Old Man Beck

Down in Lake Silver, Old Man Beck can usually be seen fishing. All day long, week in, week out, barring extremely bad weather. He doesn't even keep any of the fish, just throws them back as soon as they're caught, no matter their size. The gators stay far away from him, and the mosquitoes don't seem to recognize his existence. If you approach him, he usually has a kind word for anybody who's kind in return. Hooligans and other disrespectful folk get ignored. But he's just an old man that likes fishing in weird places.

Trivia: The Cabin In the Woods
It's a dilapidated old shack, nothing more than a pile of logs, really. But the kids in CAMP sometimes dare eachother to go there because it's "sooooo spooky". And they come back with their hearts racing and maybe a scuffmark from scraping themselves or a splinter, all with the same story. "Stuff was flying everywhere and the door locked on us and we couldn't get out for hours!" Yadayada. Who cares about some stupid poltergeist, anyway?

Wahad fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Will be writing a submission soon enough, I just hope it works well.

• Locked thread