Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Hoshiko Maki, the Queen

anyone wants to rock at Lake Silver? gonna wreck poo poo at CAMP

So, after three years in Tokyo with my aunt, my folks decided I should finally head back home to start high school. I guess. You know what, I thought that was loving fine by me. Got sick of cramming every day and putting up with the punks down here, anyway. I don’t know why they wanted me to head to summer camp before the semester starts, though. Wow, dad, really, catch up with old friends? Even if my "old friends" all had the same dumb idea to head to this camp, I'm sure they'd rather gently caress me up than talk.

Yeah, yeah, no one cares. :qq: w/e. Anyway, imagine me, straight outta Harajuku, Green Day playing, and where does the bus stop. The Christian Athlete Mentorship Program. CAMP, gently caress, can't believe I just noticed that. Not enough cute athletes, but still enough fundie bible thumpers around who think I dress like a satanist or something.

Also, also. Canned Christan rock music everywhere. :stonk: I'm dying, oh my god.

And now these counselors figured out I used to front a band, they want me to pump live music around here. They have this whole garage of instruments back when some Hillsong guys played around here or something. The guitars are like a billion years old and ratty and full of dust. And yet... I had a plan.

Oh yeah, if I'm gonna play music, I'll play it my way. I found myself a band right here. I mean, more like I got my only BFF and some music nerds I browbeated to help me out, BUT YEAH. THEY'RE loving COOL. Michael's a total whiz with hardware and he fixed it up the gear, I got Devan to work the tokustasu getup from crafts instead of lanyards, and my girl Katy shredding that guitar like crazy.

So if anyone happens to be in the area, come over and help me cause some poo poo around here. We're Machine Squad Calamity Five and we're gonna take over this joint!

:rock: :black101: :rock:

quote:

Look/Origin
domineering, captivating eyes

most dangerous person around

Stats
Hot 1, Cold 1, Volatile 0, Dark -1

Moves
The Clique Machine Squad, Calamity Five!
You’re at the head of the toughest, coolest, most powerful super-sentai themed clique around. They are talented members of your pop punk band and count as a gang.

The Shield Dramatic Sentai Pose
When you’re surrounded by your gang, subtract 1 from any rolls against you. (NPCs act at a Disadvantage.)

Your Backstory
Name three NPCs who are members of your gang. Gain a String on each.

You find someone threatening. Give them a String on you, and take two Strings on them.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, they gain the Condition one of them just another groupie. While the Condition remains, they count as part of your gang.

Darkest Self
They’ve failed you. This is all their fault, and there’s no reason why you should have to suffer the consequences of their idiocy. You need to make an example out of each of them, a cruel and unwavering example. You escape your Darkest Self when you relinquish part of your power over to someone more deserving, or when you destroy an innocent person in order to prove your might.

Strings

The Band

So, let's recap. I'm Maki, Calamity Red. I front this band, like every Red Ranger that matters, right?

The one over there with the bass is Calamity Blue, Devan Bach. Second in command, the "smart, cute one" so he says, but he's still a nerd. A nerd I'd rather have around than not. He’s also backing vocals, so that smooth, sexy voice belongs to him. Like that Chocolate Rain guy.

Alright, on drums, we got Calamity Green, Michael Zhang. Fucker's gotta have the drum solo. He's a straight-A student, so it's kinda weird that he hangs out with us even I'm kind of a jerk to him. He says stuff like how there's a swamp creature or something hiding out amongst the others and he'd rather hang out with someone who can protect him. So, a major pussy. But whatever, he's got rhythm.

On lead guitar... that’s Calamity Pink, Katy Mitchell. She's basically the prettiest girl around here. Sorry. It's just true. We kinda flirt a lot, but I don't know if she even takes it seriously. I know I loving do, she's only so far who can put up with my dumb jokes.

Uh... Calamity Black? We don't have one yet. It's kinda weird. Maybe we'll pick up one along the way, but four out of five ain't bad!

Mitama fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Russel Davis

[HELP] Can’t bring my stuff to summer camp

Normally I don’t post outside of LP, but I have a big problem.

Now, I’m an easygoing sort of person. I like to run and work out. I’m the biggest Sonic fan in Florida. It’s just I don’t have any friends. It’s not like I’m some smelly fatty brony, I’m just a lone wolf, and I’m a bit of a furry. (Furries aren’t that bad, okay!) I’ve never had a romantic interest, either. It’s just never worked for me. It’s fine, though. I mean, Sonic doesn’t like Amy Rose, and he’s super cool. (I don’t count Sonic 06 as canon).

So, dad made me go to this summer camp that he volunteers at at. He says I need to make some friends in an environment that I’d be well-suited too. Fine, I guess, but here’s the thing: I can’t bring ANY of my sweet Sonic merch with me! I barely got him to agree to letting me bring some shirts and my hat. He wants me to make friends, rights What am I going to impress the other campgoers with if I can’t bring my copy of Sonic Unleashed with the 100% completion save file?

What do I do E/N? I can’t just go without Sonic!

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

quote:

Skin: The Werewolf
Name: Russel Davis
Look: Unkempt
Origin: Bitten

Stats
Hot: 1
Cold: -1
Volatile: 1
Dark: 0

Unstable: When you become your Darkest Self, mark experience.
Howl at the Moon: When basked in moonlight, add 2 to your Dark score.

Darkest Self: You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Sex Move: When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

John Davis

This is my dad. He’s a huge jerk and he hates me. He’s a constant part of my life. I eat breakfast with him, he’s the coach of my high school’s football team (Go Randall High Jaguars!), and now he’ll be one of my camp counsellors. Ever since the incident, he’s always been telling me things that I should be improving my social skills, like my life depends on it. Whatever, though.

The Tourist Trap

Just a ways down a nearby river is an abandoned tourist trap called “Rob’s Rousing Riverboat Rides”. It consists of a burnt-down shack and a partially-sunkboat. The story goes that back in the 50’s a local named Rob Jacobs had taken note of all the crazy stories of the area and decided to make a horror-themed tourist trap based on them. It wasn’t super successful, but Rob managed to get by. One morning, though, a family came by to see what all the fuss was about, only to find the attraction completely destroyed, and Rob hanging from a noose. Some people say Rob just snapped, while others say it was the work of spirits offended by his sad parody of their lives. But nobody knows for sure.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Gonna app to this as soon as I sort out what I'm doing. WELCOME TO LAKE GAY HELL

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

[AMA] I got shot!

Last week. And it blew!

I was at this club down on the Sunset Strip with friends, cutting loose. We'd gotten through all that college acceptance bullshit and summer was right around the corner. Do you need another reason to party? It was 2, 3 in the morning and we're stumbling out of the club, laughing our asses off.

*BANG*

Everybody screamed and I my dress got redder. My vision got redder. Kim was hugging me and pressing at my stomach and Steve was shouting at...somebody, then he ran off. Definitely passed out then.

I woke up in the hospital, all sore and cranky. Turns out I'd lost a lot of blood and almost didn't make it. Now I've got this scar on my stomach and my parents are. Freaking. Out. They're going to send me to some some CAMP in Florida, not the good part either. Compared to surf camp last year and space camp the year before, this is gonna suck. Good thing I didn't tell them about the letter.

So ask me about getting shot, in case you don't believe me.

pre:
Name: Grace Hollister
Look:

Stats:
Hot: -1
Cold: -1
Volatile: 2
Dark: 1

Moves:

Old Family Friend
When you take your fourth harm, fall down dying. You can't avoid death, but you can 
transfer it to one of your remaining siblings. Death, be it as a robed figure or as 
a shadow in the door, comes for them instead of you. When you wake into life again, 
you're fully healed. That is, unless your fourth harm is dealt by your secret weakness. 
Choose one:
 - Oxhorn
 - Applewood
 - Obsidian
In that case your next remaining sibling inherits your powers, and you just die.

Inheritance of the Eldest
When someone with one of your Birthrights dies, whether by your hand or not, fill in 
that Birthright's circle. Their gift is bestowed on you, and you've unlocked that power.

Birthrights:

Jessica Wentworth, 17
An Inclusive Family - Characters with either the like a sister to me or like a brother 
to me Conditions count as your siblings.

Wilhelmina Poisson, 17
Pull the Strings - Siblings that you specify move their bodies exactly as you move 
yours until you let them stop.

Barbara Janice, 17
Pluralize - If a Condition that you're handing out could apply to two people present, 
give it to both of them.

Alexandra Davis, 17
You're All the Same - You can spend Strings on siblings interchangeably.

Samantha Cunningham, 17
Echo in here - When you want a sibling to parrot back something you told them to 
remember, roll with dark. On a 10 up, they say it verbatim. On a 7-9, as above, but 
they sound like you when they say it.

Sex Move:
After you have sex with someone, tell them about your secret weakness or a peaceful 
time you shared with one of your siblings. They tell you about their relationship with 
death.

Darkest Self:
Treason. You've just this instant put the pieces together, and not a moment too soon. 
There are those who've feigned kindness to you, and you've even let your guard down a 
little - but they didn't count on your survivor's instinct. Quickly, cleverly, before 
they can retreat or mount their defences, you must strike them down unerringly. You 
escape your Darkest Self when your paranoia is revealed to be unfounded, or when you 
push away everyone who cares about you.

Backstory:
You've revenged yourself on someone. Agree why and how, and give them 2 Strings
on you.

You're afraid of what someone can & will do. Give them 2 Strings on you.

You have six blood siblings, each with a gift that can become yours. In your 
Birthrights section, list their names and ages with at least one born each year after 
you. Gain a String on each.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Mom, no! It's not mine, I swear! I was just holding it for a friend! Wait - no - no,
don't touch me, no - poo poo! gently caress! No, they're not track marks! I fell down, I - got in a fight, I - Mom, please, no!
Don't do this... I don't have anywhere to go, Mom...

...poo poo.

quote:

The Crackhead Clubhouse > Colors?, by Side_Shave

Has anyone else seen weird colors when they get high? Junk, weed, crack, no matter what I
try I see the same poo poo. Like I'm dropping acid all the time. It's not loving up the high, but
it seems weird to keep seeing the same crap. Do I have a brain tumor or something? Help me TCC!

quote:

Debate Disco > Lake Silver, by Cockmouth

My parents sent me to Lake Silver last year and let me tell you its more like LAKE GO gently caress YOURSELF. Its too hot,
everyone is a gay criminal, and the counselors are more interested in smoking up then counseling!!! Nobody even makes the bed!
And when I was there I kept hearing that the lake isnt even a real lake and that they flooded an old town or something!
So this place is a BIG SHAM, DONT BOTHER. If your parents send you there just go to six flags or something instead.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Every teen has problems; some use drugs to escape their problems. This one found something lurking under her high, and in her foggy-headed contentment
she bartered her soul to it. Sober, she only vaguely understands what she's done, just knows that there's a net to catch her when she falls.
But there are plenty of ways to get wasted - including the promise of power from a beast beyond knowing.

After Lonnie was kicked out by her mother for her drug use, the hallucinations(?) became worse. She roved the streets, looking for a fix,
or a place to stay, but mostly a fix. When things got bad and she shook too hard to walk, she would lean her head on the wall, close her eyes,
whisper to whatever was listening and pray for help. And she was helped.

She still had nowhere to live, but something was on her side, for once. Where she failed, her helper picked up the slack. Now she could get away,
get far away from her loving family and get a new start... and as she stood looking at a flyer for some summer camp, she knew just where to go.
Yeah, she wouldn't be enrolled, but she could lie her way through, maybe pick a few pockets, see where chance took her. After all, once you hit rock bottom,
there's nowhere to go but up.

pre:
NAME: Lonnie Kitt
SKIN: Infernal
ORIGIN: last-chancer
LOOK: anxious, flickering eyes

Stats
Hot -1
Cold -1
Volatile 2
Dark 1

Darkest Self
You can't get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. 
The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you, and it'll promise you some lucrative (and perhaps volatile) things in return. 
Every demand you fulfill brings you a little closer to feeling whole again, to rekindling the fire in your heart. Whenever you fulfill those demands, 
remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain 
with an even more dangerous dark power.

Moves
Soul Debt
Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. 
Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.

Dark Recruiter
When you bring an innocent soul to the dark power, mark experience.

Porphyry, the Poisoner

Press on your eyes. No, harder. Harder. Feel the pain? See the colors bursting in your optic nerve, without the lie of your retinas, p
urple and green and vein-blue? When you take your fingers away, all is dark.

Shoot up. Flick the needle. Lay sprawled on your bed, only breathing, your syrup blood swishing through your veins. See the quiver of 
the world at the edges of your vision? See the swirl of the sky outside, beneath what you understand sober? Your hands tremble, 
but it's not you who moves them.

Bleed out. It leaks from you, from the bullet hole in your stomach, from the slashes matting your hair down, from the holes in your mouth 
where your teeth used to be. The blood swirls. Deep inside it, your life is dripping and purple and shining.

Something is watching you.

Numbing It Out
You can give the dark power a String in order to remove a Condition or up to two harm.

Strings Attached
You can ask the dark power for something that you really, really want. The MC will attach a price to the thing you want, 
and hint at an undesired twist in its nature. If you pay the price, you'll get what you're after.

NPC: Marion Kitt

Lonnie's mother, a successful businesswoman and cold, controlling rear end in a top hat - if you ask Lonnie, at least. Her husband left her to raise
Lonnie alone when Lonnie was eight, and her daughter became a latchkey kid. She regrets how her relationship with her daughter ended, and may seek her out,
wherever she's gone off to.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Cocks Cable posted:

Atash Question #1
So what’s going with this war thing? Is someone looking for you? Who would that be? Are you hiding in jesus camp or something? Because if so, you have some lovely tastes in hiding spots.

It is loving lovely you know and you know how many know about where I am from? I might as well be from the loving moon for all that it loving matters. The location isn't my choice, in fact, it is because my dad owns the land, well, he owns owns it. You see, there are two worlds to my kind. There is the world you know, with all the nice lands all by human name. The reality is a bit different, The Raksasah have holdings and zones of influence. It might surprise you, that some of the largest land owners are us.

You see we use to own it all, and that will come up in a bit, but keep that in mind. Either way, this is in the middle of my father's zone of influence. He doesn't own the camp directly, but he controls the people that do in some way, and that shouldn't be surprising due to its seclusion and regular influx of troubled kids. The thing you see, is that I burned the other hidey hole, because I got too hungry with a couple of goth girls. They were together, if you know what I mean. Apparently wanted to try new things, it was pretty great meal. Lasted for weeks.

That was last year, so now I get the poo poo hole option. Really, it isn't that bad if you think about it, I mean if a few students "run away" who would not understand that?

Now you ask about the loving war, let me tell you about the war. The war really began because of Buddha, he rose an army against Ravana and took back the world from us. I might add that the world functioned very well without human's at it's lead. But no, Ravana lost to Buddha and some of the Raksasah even turned coat over this battle. Either way we lost and were cast out of "heaven." Really we were exiled from our home and sent abroad, and the gates to the mountain of Ravana was closed to us.

It was like that for a few thousand years, but we continued on. We moved around the world and tried to establish places that could be who we were; but we managed to strike a victory about 1845 when Sri Lanka was opened to us. Last year, Ravana talked to his children in the first time since the great battle. He gave an order to go forth and multiply and for the Raksasah that means to take total control of the people. That is when the argument started, Ravana is not a kind father, he is a predator, and expects his children to follow. Some say that we should keep what we have, the others, expand and risk discovery.

I am one of his line, though far removed. Because of that yes, there are people after me, those that do not want to start a battle with the humans and take over the world. It is our rightful place, but either way, I have many after me. Spirits, and Raksasah alike are after me. It loving blows, I'm still not at 100%. I can't go to war with my father anymore, so now, I hide here. Surrounded by his territory. I don't have bodyguards yet, and I hope not. Most Raksasah that are warriors don't... interact with humans lets just say.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 9, 2014

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Robin Question #1
Has anyone at camp caught your eye yet? No not in the quick toss in the hay sense, but more in the walk a mile (or two thousand) in their shoes sense. Would you keep those shoes or give them back?

Eva Question #1
From your extensive binge watching research, tell us what you believe is quintessential camp experience? And how do you feel about it? Excited or scared?

Cassandra Question #1
What do you think you can make of this little crap camp? Any grand plans to make waves in the social hierarchy? Is there even a social hierarchy here? Or are you just going to lay low? You don’t strike me as the type to lay low. Just saying.

Hoshiko Question #1
Calamity Five, eh? How did you come up with that name? Is there a backstory there? I know you’re looking for a 5th, but was there ever a 5th before now?

Russel Question #1
What’s a Sonic? Are you talking about that drive thru fast food joint? Hey where did you get that wicked scar? Tell us about the time you went outside once.

Grace Question #1
So what do you think that note means? Do you think it’s legit? Any clue who S is? I mean geez, don’t leave us hanging here. Tell us more!

Lonnie Question #1
So how does Porphyry communicate with you? Do you know what he/she/it wants? Has it asked anything of you yet? Are you not wondering about that name? Porphyry? Doesn’t sound good.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Cocks Cable posted:

Lonnie Question #1
So how does Porphyry communicate with you? Do you know what he/she/it wants? Has it asked anything of you yet? Are you not wondering about that name? Porphyry? Doesn’t sound good.

When I wanna talk to it I gotta get high. Doesn't matter what. I just wake up after getting real crunk and it's just there in my head, like somebody wrote on my brain with a laser. Usually something like whippets are the easiest to get a hold of if it's an emergency, but sometimes I don't wanna rush it, you know? But one time, it really had to get me to - God, I don't even know why it was so important, but the drat thing wanted me to go down an alley and steal a bag from this homeless guy, right? And to tell me that it just... made me high. Just like that, no touching or anything. I was just sitting there, and all of a sudden life is great. It was fun, but... it kinda scared me, y'know? Anyway, usually it has me do stuff like that, just going around doing weird, random poo poo. Some of it's illegal, some of it isn't. I don't really ask. You learn not to ask after a while.

The name? Huh? Doesn't it just mean... purple? poo poo, maybe I googled wrong...

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
I will try to get around to apping this young fellow

right here, very soon!

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
i'm gonna be a gay wereshark. terror of the lake

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I'm really tempted to join, but all of my games with Cocks seem cursed to an early end :smith:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

GodFish posted:

I'm really tempted to join, but all of my games with Cocks seem cursed to an early end :smith:

Goldfish you gotta all the old gang is here :ohdear:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cocks Cable posted:

Eva Question #1
From your extensive binge watching research, tell us what you believe is quintessential camp experience? And how do you feel about it? Excited or scared?

Ok, first off – and everything is in agreement on this – the food is going to be terrible. So that is going to suck donkey balls. Second, the camp counselor is either going to be a huge hard-rear end or overly excited. I'm sure it will be terrible either way. And the whole of nature will exist for the sole purpose of making me miserable.

And there will be absolutely nothing to do. (How the hell is underwater basket weaving supposed to help me remember anything?) Nothing except an ever escalating prank-war between other campers that I'm sure to get caught up in, because who wouldn't pick on the kid with amnesia, right? Maybe I'll get lucky and the place really will be haunted. You know, the thought of Jason running around slicing people up doesn't even scare me.

You know what really scares me? There's no internet out there; somebody is going to bring up some completely ordinary everyday thing, I'll have no idea what they're talking about and now way to look it up, everyone will think I'm a freak, and I'll spend the whole summer alone.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Cocks Cable posted:

Cassandra Question #1
What do you think you can make of this little crap camp? Any grand plans to make waves in the social hierarchy? Is there even a social hierarchy here? Or are you just going to lay low? You don’t strike me as the type to lay low. Just saying.

Pft. Social hierarchy? It's practically the middle ages out here. A bunch of little peasants groveling in the dirt for meager food. Simply by virtue of who I am, I'm on top of the food-chain. Dear daddy might have cut off my fortune, but that doesn't mean I don't still own everything around me. They just don't know it yet.

Of course, the camp counsellors and supervisors take some measure of offense to my position. They're not used to having somebody like me around, somebody with real power. They cling desperately to what little bit of authority they wield over those unfortunate enough to come here, and get very defensive about me making demands. I suppose I'll just have to show them what real power is.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Cocks Cable posted:

\Russel Question #1
What’s a Sonic? Are you talking about that drive thru fast food joint? Hey where did you get that wicked scar? Tell us about the time you went outside once.

Sonic? How do not know about Sonic? It's simply the best video game series out there. Go educate yourself by buying and playing as many Sonic games as you can.

Oh yeah, that scar. Well, you see, back when I started running (so I could be fast like Sonic), I went for a night jog, and this weird thing bit me! It bit me really hard! I had to go to the ER and everything! Ever since, I've wanted to go out really badly once every month, but those are always the nights dad makes me sleep in the apocalypse bunker, for some weird reason. I guess we got to prepare for the end of the world? I don't know, he never seems too interested in it otherwise.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Cocks Cable posted:

Grace Question #1
So what do you think that note means? Do you think it’s legit? Any clue who S is? I mean geez, don’t leave us hanging here. Tell us more!

How do you think I feel!?

Dunno, could be a sort of crazy rear end Highlander thing. What? my brother's a big rear end movie nerd. I just don't know who'd do it. I mean he wouldn't, he's not that kind of dick, but who would? Like to make that kind of joke? Except a practical joke only works when you jump out and go 'BOO!'. I guess it could be Steve Cahill. Steve's sort of a jerk. The pigtail pulling kind, he'd totally do it to get a rise out of me, just like in middle school. But he goes to a different high school now and why would he prank me? And again, lovely prank.

Anyway, doesn't explain who shot me. Is this like those DC sniper crazies, getting off shooting random people? How crazy is it that makes me feel better to think that rather than.....so, I'm not telling anybody this, but...between you and me? I think I was targeted. Why shoot me? It's not like I was getting robbed. Or they shot anybody else. I think...I somebody might actually be trying to kill me. I think they're taunting me.

Swampass Florida isn't such a bad alternative.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

FYI, everyone will get the same number of questions. I'm just doing it in chunks.

Madison Question #2
What are the limits of your trust in L? Is there anything you have kept secret from him? What if he found out? How would he react? And is there anything that you think he has kept secret from you? Are you guys just so tight that you even share something like account passwords?

Dobby Question #2
Maybe you should listen to Barb more. She sounds like she’s got a good head on her shoulders. And maybe you should back up a bit in your story. What’s with the doll motif? Why do you want to look like a lifeless piece of plastic? Explain your unhealthy attachment to a creepy child’s toy.

Amber Question #2
Thou shall not suffer a witch to live. Aren’t you worried practicing witchcraft in a clearly Christian brain washing center mentorship program? It’s not like you’re going to be burned at the stake *pregnant pause* but it’s probably frowned upon at the very least. Do you keep this on the down low? Has anyone caught you in the act or maybe suspects?

Atash Question #2
Clearly you have a lot of umm stuff to deal with. So how are you fitting into human society? What’s the easiest part and what’s the hardest? Are you playing by their rules? And what would happen if you draw too much attention?

Astrum Question #2
Tell us about the other side. You know what I am talking about. What’s like over there? Who lives over there? Do you like it? Do you go often?

Victor Question #2
Wow is that your stomach growling? You must be hungry. What are you craving? What’s your favorite meal in the whole world? And what are you willing to do for this hypothetical Klondike bar?

Corey and Bob Question #2
Have you ever tried just not doing what Bob wants? What was the fallout? It’s not like he can really do anything physical to you, right? So why not just take a pill or ignore him? He’s got to be a hassle at times, no?

Natalie Question #2
You seem pretty amiable. Do you make friends easily? There is at least one person here who has rubbed you the wrong way. Who is that? What’s the scoop there? And how are you dealing?

Jonah Question #2
Well your life sounds just about picture perfect. Or is it? Is there nothing you struggle with? No hidden vices? What is the worst sin you’ve committed? Remember, God demands honesty from us all (on the internet).

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

Cocks Cable posted:

Astrum Question #2
Tell us about the other side. You know what I am talking about. What’s like over there? Who lives over there? Do you like it? Do you go often?

Oh it's totally cool! Like, I have a garden, because my parents are nobility so I kinda get parts of that, and my garden is super pretty. Like, in the real world plants have imperfections and stuff, but my garden is perfect. Like you'd think it'd be kinda boring but it totally isnt. I planted a bunch of flowers and then did the whole "sew seeds with blood" thingy so they can sing and talk and stuff, so I basically have the best sound system EVER always there if I want it. It's also a really, really good make-out spot.

Um, well, it's not really always there. Like, I'm not really to good at stepping over into the right spots, I guess? Emotions have a lot to do with where you end up, like if I'm calm I'll always reach my garden, but I tried it once when someone tried to mug me, and um, It didn't go well. Like, Faerie is cool and all but holyyyy poo poo it has some mean, uh, thingies in it. Like holy poo poo when your running away from some rear end in a top hat trying to steal your purse and end up in the court of Der Erklönig you kinda wish you let the dude have your purse, ya know?? I was soooo lucky because they we're having a feast and I actually got to be a guest, but the full on Fae are like, amoral insane god-kings.

Like, I know a girl who got abducted by the Spring Queen, and she literally got turned into a plant. Like, she was Plant-girl, she did plant things and ate sunlight. Of course like, she got cool powers and she got made super pretty, but I totally don't want to be anyone's plant girl, so I try to stick to my parents grounds, the Winter Court, or my garden. I'll be honest I don't really know a lot about the true Fae, because they freak me out and I'm not born Fae so I don't really need to worry about ever being an actual courtier, so I try to kinda ignore the more mean people, and most of the Queens and Kings definitely fall into the "mean people" category.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Cocks Cable posted:

Hoshiko Question #1
Calamity Five, eh? How did you come up with that name? Is there a backstory there? I know you’re looking for a 5th, but was there ever a 5th before now?

It was the name of my old band from a year ago. We came up with it because... oh come on, you guys never thought up of a super-sentai band before? What kind of boulder did you crawl out from?

Look, I've been watching Power Rangers since I was a kid. Then I missed the fact that everything I loved to watch was just recorded footage from cooler stuff back in Japan. So I watched those too. And sometimes kids who look at me and they'd be all like... neeeeeerd. But I'm not just a nerd, I'm a loving superhero. So I punched them all out. More than once. I started enjoying it after I dropkicked some kid in varsity for ruining my figurines.

Uh, I might have gotten kicked out of middle school twice. Look, point is, no one fucks with me when bright colored spandex and endless toy merchandise is concerned. And I love rocking the gently caress out. I don't think I need to say anything else about that.

Also, we had a fifth once. She nearly hosed things up for us. Let's not talk about the other Calamity Black.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Cocks Cable posted:

Atash Question #2
Clearly you have a lot of umm stuff to deal with. So how are you fitting into human society? What’s the easiest part and what’s the hardest? Are you playing by their rules? And what would happen if you draw too much attention?

Yeah, a lot of bullshit if you ask me. I'm stuck with it, you know what I want to do? Party, hang out and listen to music. I mean school is fine, I guess, but really, I mean, I wanna go off and have some fun. I don't want to be in some loving war, and that is what sucks so much. When I was in NYC, it was the time of my life, I tell you. Even school was a bit cool cause the people were cool, and well the City was alive with... people.

This Podunk town poo poo is killing me man. It is hard as all hell, I mean, like people just dog me cause they think I am Arabic. I'm not, Ravana be damned. I was born in Brooklyn, moved down to a small town in Florida to keep quiet about it as long as possible then moved back. Either way, I move back after I ate a few goth gals, and you know growing pains, and I stuck right back where I started. But in NYC, I was down with that, I mean I could talk about my history and live how I want to live.

I fit in I guess, but I'm still that weird Muslim kid or something most of the time. That's the hardest part, I'm not Arabic, at best, I mean, I'm Persian, in the old sense. That isn't something that is easy to explain, and most people don't understand at all. Really, that is the most frustrating, it is either evil and bad, or strange and weird.

Also like they get on me for having some style and sense of fashion. Like get over yourself. Sorry, my idea of fashion doesn't begin at Walmart and end at the Gap. The easiest is being the weird kid, and usually I hang out with the goths and nerds. They seem to get me, and not care what I look like. Those are the easiest, like my best friend in Florida was a cool goth gal named Zoey. We were always best friends, but you know it ain't the prom queen, or that Abby.

I try to play by their rules, and the ancient rules, I have to eat. It isn't going to look normal when I have to eat. Thats the long and short of it, I have to hide and eat in secret. That is the rule, if I hunt, I can't be caught with my hand in the cookie jar. So yeah, I might not play by their little narrow minded bullshit, but I gotta tote that line the most. You imagine when your cellar is a killing floor that makes Charly Mansion look like a Saint? You gotta be clean as you can be, or at least get away with it really well.

If I draw too much attention, I am going to be carted away, at best, and at worst, someone is going to have to clean up the situation. I mean clean up the situation. I'm not some omnivore that eats nuts and berries, and neither are my kin. Family is strong and means a lot, but in the end, They won't take much poo poo, and loving up isn't tolerated. I haven't hosed up before, people disappeared yes, but they never connected to me. Still even then just having a search, that means they moved me. Imagine if I actually got caught? gently caress me.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 9, 2014

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Cocks Cable posted:

Corey and Bob Question #2
Have you ever tried just not doing what Bob wants? What was the fallout? It’s not like he can really do anything physical to you, right? So why not just take a pill or ignore him? He’s got to be a hassle at times, no?

I don't think you understand. Bob is my only real friend. Sure he's scary and mean, but only to other people, really. Other people, though... they're scary and mean to me!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cocks Cable posted:

Victor Question #2
Wow is that your stomach growling? You must be hungry. What are you craving? What’s your favorite meal in the whole world? And what are you willing to do for this hypothetical Klondike bar?

Ah heck, it's been a while, but guess it's not the munchies this time... poo poo, man, I would really love to eat a meatball sub right now, you know. You know, bread, tomato sauce, buncha meatballs, some cheddar on top. Guess I coulda do a lot of stuff for one but uh... No weird stuff though. Or hurting someone else. Although since I've been raised again I've been a bit violent when I get really hungry... *sigh* Hope I don't get to hurt someone when that happens, though, better pack some more food when going to Camp.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Cocks Cable posted:

Robin Question #1
Has anyone at camp caught your eye yet? No not in the quick toss in the hay sense, but more in the walk a mile (or two thousand) in their shoes sense. Would you keep those shoes or give them back?

Ugh, this is so dumb and I'm embarrassed talking about this with somebody but HERE GOES i guess idk

So there's this boy I've seen a couple of times already. He's all skinny and *delicate* and ugh he's so loving pretty it hurts and he doesn't notice it because of course he doesn't but everyone worries over him and they give him these little looks and treat him like he's made of glass like idk maybe he's got some condition or whatever but everyone cares SO MUCH and he just. takes it. for granted.

Is it selfish for me to want to be him for a little while? I mean, I wouldn't take that for granted or loving *whine* about it or....i mean, that's not *really* selfish, right? And I'd totally give his shoes or w/e back eventually. Maybe.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

You're just razzing me at this point. Look at this!

Those are totally L's. D O L L Y. That's my name. Speaking of:

Cocks Cable posted:

Question #2
Maybe you should listen to Barb more. She sounds like she’s got a good head on her shoulders. And maybe you should back up a bit in your story. What’s with the doll motif? Why do you want to look like a lifeless piece of plastic? Explain your unhealthy attachment to a creepy child’s toy.
I dress like a dolly because I am Dolly. That's my thing. I mean, it used to be I dressed more in red and white, but then, y'know, I met him and he turned me goth. I like goth better anyway; more lace, cooler makeup. But... plastic? Please, I am flesh and blood. I...

Okay, you wanna know a secret? Between friends, right?

I'm totally not human.

I was created by some perv with a doll fetish with a voodoo life-giving spell, sort of like how they turn people into zombies. This guy, let's call him Dan, made me out of 120 pounds of dead animal carcasses. He was that lonely. So, we, y'know... for a few weeks, I was his Dolly. But then, you wouldn't believe it. He got TIRED OF ME, saw how much of an rear end in a top hat he was for creating me in the first place and kicked me out.

But not before leaking pictures of me on the web, along with a little "do-it-yourself" formula for making your own personal Dolly. Do I sound bitter? Because I AM SO loving BITTER. That's how Barbara was made, too, only she never got anywhere with her John. He just let her walk out. Gosh I'm jealous.

But when I was first made, I didn't know anything (like Eva, which is weird), so everything I knew was shown to me by Dan... For the record, I despise Dan in spite of him giving me the ultimate gift, and you know why? Because what do I know? Sex. Loveless, emotionless sex. And petticoats. When nights got cold and wet, I needed somewhere to sleep at night where I wouldn't get arrested. So I took the opportunity to get a warm bed by doing what I know. It, well, gave me money for food and dry clothes. I'm not proud of it.

Then I met Ariel, the Vampire Slayer. She gave me more permanent residence at her mom's casa, and helped me learn about life through martial arts and skeletons. She also took me to her school, where I experienced severe culture shock. I just wanted to take it all in, fill up my empty head with every name, face and outfit I could look at. I was in a new outfit every day, until one of Ariel's friends (whom I was dressed as at the time; a cute calaca dress with skull makeup and everything) sat me down and told me to be myself. And who am I? Dolly. So I started dressing like a doll.

Then he came along and convinced me to paint it black. I think it suits me. Natural pallor, like I said, something Dan wanted in his girls. Speaking of Dan, that's why Barb told me to pack my bags: Dan had been hosting a website with all the dirt in some server in Texas. We both took sledgehammers to it and forced Dan's new address out of the guy running the server farm. He's hiding somewhere in Miami, but I just really want a break. I've been feeling so alone lately. Barb's good for talking, but she's not much of a friend when she's in mission mode.

Sorry if that was a mouthful. Once I get started it's really hard to stop.

(As might be apparent, Dolly is a character from a past Monsterhearts game, in which she was a Hollow. Since this also takes place in the same region, I've taken the opportunity to rewrite her in another skin. This is basically her entire story boiled down in one post. She's going to want to keep most of this classified.)

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 9, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

quote:

Jonah Question #2
Well your life sounds just about picture perfect. Or is it? Is there nothing you struggle with? No hidden vices? What is the worst sin you’ve committed? Remember, God demands honesty from us all (on the internet).

Well, this is the internet, right? As anonymous as you can get, and to be honest, I need to get this off my chest.

That girlfriend I mentioned earlier? It was her fault. Okay, maybe it's not fair to lay all the blame on her, but drat it, she knew going in that there were... some things we weren't going to be able to do, you know?. Anyway, one day, she starts getting really err- aggressive and I didn't know what to do, so I bailed. I walked home from town and was just kind of pacing around my room, wondering if all of this was worth it, and how lovely it is when your brain and the rest of you are thinking two different things. Then I remembered how Dad mellows out after a glass or two of scotch in the evening - he was at some function or another at the time, I can't remember which. So I snuck down and grabbed a bottle. And it helps, it really does.

I've... kinda been drinking ever since - not too often, maybe two or three times a week when the stress starts to pile up. I've got a friend from Football who's got a fake ID, and one of the cheerleaders has an older brother who's kind of a useless townie, so supply's never been an issue. I haven't been caught yet, though I've come close a half-dozen times. My parents trust me - a little too much, it seems.

Judge me or whatever, but you think this poo poo is easy to maintain? So many expectations, from Church, school, my family. I'd go nuts without it. Hopefully, I'll be able to sneak a few bottles into CAMP.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 9, 2014

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

Cocks Cable posted:

Natalie Question #2
You seem pretty amiable. Do you make friends easily? There is at least one person here who has rubbed you the wrong way. Who is that? What’s the scoop there? And how are you dealing?

OMG like, definitely Vanessa. Like, it's not my fault if he likes me more than her -- but she was all: "Hey you're stealing my boyfriend", and I was all: "Not even!" But she goes around telling people that I'm trying to steal her boyfriend and like, ick -- his name is Glen! Like I'd ever go for a guy named Glen, that's my dad's name. And he's got an ugly lip piercing, look here's a picture: Gross, right? At least get a cool looking one, dude. It was really bad -- Vanessa, not the piercing! -- like, some of our friends sided with her and they can't talk to me anymore!

Let's not talk about Vanessa, anymore it's like, putting me in a bad mood.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Cocks Cable posted:

Madison Question #2
What are the limits of your trust in L? Is there anything you have kept secret from him? What if he found out? How would he react? And is there anything that you think he has kept secret from you? Are you guys just so tight that you even share something like account passwords?

Oh gosh, that's a hard question... It's really weird. I'd trust him with my life but not my tumblr password, I guess. I... I've never told him about anything regarding my crushes (all two of them) or my um, time alone in bed. He's never asked about that, either. That's part of why I trust him.

On his side.. he doesn't talk about his job or his family too much, which I get, 'cause like... my family is pretty capital F hosed Up, and I bet his is kinda normal. So he's got nothing to say about them. Or maybe he doesn't really have one anymore. I dunno, I never asked.

And his job.. I know he's in sales but I don't know what he sells. Something important, he says. I've asked a couple of times since we actually like, met, so it shouldn't be weird any more, but he's still pretty mum. That's weirding me out a bit but like, whatever. I get it.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Cocks Cable posted:

Amber Question #2
Thou shall not suffer a witch to live. Aren’t you worried practicing witchcraft in a clearly Christian brain washing center mentorship program? It’s not like you’re going to be burned at the stake *pregnant pause* but it’s probably frowned upon at the very least. Do you keep this on the down low? Has anyone caught you in the act or maybe suspects?

drat right I keep it on the down low - and not just in front of the God squad either. I know they're not going to burn me at the stake. Right? Sure. Everything round here's too soggy to burn anyway.

One of the counsellors did catch me doing a tarot reading for one of the other girls, though, just behind the big cabin where we eat. I'd got my trance on, visions guided by the cards, the whole deal - and then suddenly Mr Harker's all 'SLAM goes the door! What are you doing? That's not a healthy expression of spirituality!' and he takes my cards away.

Not my cigarettes, mind you, which we were smoking at the time. My cards. I know he's a capital-B Believer, but I don't know what his angle is - could he suspect? Like... how? Why? I don't know. Anyway, now he's keeping an eye on me in case I try to 'corrupt' any of the others. Ugh.

But magic... it's my secret weapon. It's my edge, that's gonna get me what I want out of life. Secret weapons don't do a drat thing if everybody knows you've got 'em - hence 'secret' - but they don't do a drat thing if you don't use them, either. So I'll just have to be careful.

Plus it's not like there's anybody out there just parading around 'doing magic'. Maybe I'm the only one who knows, like the caveman who discovered fire or something. Maybe there's some big government cover up. Maybe someone is burning witches at the stake. poo poo.

Better to keep it quiet just in case. Keep it quiet and figure out how to cast fireball or or mind control or something. Just in case.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Robin Question #2
How are you getting along with others at camp when you are just being yourself? I hope no one is giving you trouble. Have you made any friends? Is there anyone to miss you when you’re “away”?

Eva Question #2
Can you give us an example of when your lack of memory has gotten you into trouble recently? How close a call was that? Did you recovery? Was there any lingering fallout?

Cassandra Question #2
It’s so refreshing to see someone with umm the complete opposite of low self-esteem issues! It sounds like you command respect and with that comes friends minions. Surely you have at least one by now? How does that relationship work?

Hoshiko Question #2
Party! So who in your band causes the most drama? How do you keep him or her in line? And just slightly off topic, do you do Bar Mitzvahs? My cousin has one coming up and well, are you willing to wear costumes too?

Russel Question #2
Hmmm, I really don’t know who Sonic is and I’m a totes hardcore gamer. Not to brag but like I’ve scored like over 2,000,000 points on Candy Crush level 252 and I have something like 100 acres on Farmville 2. :shrug: Anyways. Have you noticed any changes since that night? Are you like afraid to go out at night now? Aren’t you the least bit curious as to why your dad locks you a bunker once a month? I’m no expert, but that just doesn’t sound like proper parental behavior. Does that “routine” continue now that you’re at camp?

Grace Question #2
Getting shot sounds stressful. Are there any lasting psychological effects? How are you coping? Don’t you need like therapy or something? What steps are you taking to protect yourself from future incidents (assuming they make good on their threats)?

Lonnie Question #2
Going out on a limb here, but one would think that drugs and camp jesus-joseph-mary don’t mix well. So how are you maintaining a supply while here? If you were cut off, then you’d be cut off from Porphyry, no? How does that notion strike you?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

GodFish posted:

:getin:

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Gonna app a Chosen.

Yep.

Fitin monstars. OBSERVE THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES AS THINGS GET DONE

Paige 'Saint' Williams

[AMA] I'm a biker chick that hunts monsters and demons for real.

So yeah, been dealing with a bunch of bullshit recently and since that's all cleared up with the exception of one particularly nasty issue I've got some time to do an AMA. A bit of background, I'm a part of the Saviors of Mankind, an MC that dedicates itself to the safety and preservation of humanity from the supernatural.

For those of you who are skeptical, no really, the supernatural does exist. I have fought it, killed it, and have a couple of scars from it. Honestly though I'd prefer to avoid that when possible. I'm of a small but vocal minority in the club that does not kill on sight. I believe a lot of people get caught up in their circumstances or don't know how to handle their powers in polite society. They need to be policed and counseled, not wiped out like rabid dogs. It's just an unfortunate truth that not everyone can be dealt with in that manner.

As for that particularly nasty issue, there's some hosed up poo poo going on out at Lake Silver. I have some reasonably reliable information that there might be a demon corrupting campgoers at one of the camps that takes place during the Summer out there. My parents are part of the club as well, and it wasn't a difficult decision to have me go at least scout the place out for a few weeks to make sure everything was ok. Besides, they seemed rather relieved to have the house to themselves for a while.

Hopefully it won't come to violence but, well. I never said I didn't like beating the piss out of demons.

code:
NAME: Paige 'Saint' Williams
SKIN: Chosen
ORIGIN: Doing what's necessary
LOOK: strong, radiant eyes

Stats
Hot 2
Cold -1
Volatile 1
Dark -1

Darkest Self
None of your friends can help. They’re 
not strong like you are. You need 
to chase down the biggest threat 
imaginable, immediately and alone. 
Any challenges or dangers that you 
encounter must be faced head on, 
even if they might kill you. You escape 
your Darkest Self when someone 
comes to your rescue or you wake up 
in the hospital, whichever comes first.

Moves

Mercy
When you decide to spare someone 
you have reason to kill, take a String 
on them.

Come Prepared
You have an outlandishly large armory, 
complete with ancient artifacts. Just in 
case the need arises.
The Lurker of Lake Silver

This nasty little beastie is one that I've gone after multiple times. I have no idea what exactly it is other than "a goddamn fishman" but it eats people. And animals. It seems to avoid hunting too close to its lake but I tracked the bastard down. It's smart, and I'll have to see if it's something I can deal with while I'm in the area. Fishermen occasionally report something that looks like it but it knows that if it kills in the lake it'll draw undue attention. Sightings of a chupacabra like being eating cows in the surrounding farmland all tie back in to this little rascal.

Tim

Tim is...well. He tries. He tries to be a biker really hard. But where we all ride Harley's he rides a Ninja. Where we wear leathers, he wears mesh. And to top it all off, he really wants to fight the forces of evil but he generally just ends up getting wrapped up in his half baked conspiracy theories. We feel bad for the guy so every once in a while we put him on some easy task or other so he feels included, but he's actually incredibly good at info gathering.

I give Tim a lot of crap, but the dude is honestly gifted at tracking down targets. It's just the execution part that he fucks up on, so we always find excuses for him to go do something else and then he gets the credit for it. He's a generally easygoing guy and seems to just be happy to be involved though, so it's never caused much trouble.

ArbitraryTA fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 10, 2014

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Cocks Cable posted:

Lonnie Question #2
Going out on a limb here, but one would think that drugs and camp jesus-joseph-mary don’t mix well. So how are you maintaining a supply while here? If you were cut off, then you’d be cut off from Porphyry, no? How does that notion strike you?

Oh, come on, boss. A bible-thumping summer camp for dropouts and graffiti artists? I can't think of anywhere that would have more drugs. I might have to make some friends, and that's not my forte, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

...being cut off? Well... I don't know. If I say something, he might hear me.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Cocks Cable posted:

Grace Question #2
Getting shot sounds stressful. Are there any lasting psychological effects? How are you coping? Don’t you need like therapy or something? What steps are you taking to protect yourself from future incidents (assuming they make good on their threats)?

Intensely.

Probably. Therapist says I have PTSD, that I'm in denial. I...guess so? Yeah, being shot is loving stressful and....like the first week was the worst. I'd get all twitchy at any loud noise, anything abrupt. Terrible way to be. When uh...when my brother visited, he told me he got it, that all my power'd been taken from me and nobody can give it back to me. I'd have to take it.

I got a gun.

No, shut up, it's not stupid. It's like...I'm in control now, right? I know a guy who knows a guy who's friends with Susie McDougal's sister. Deals poo poo, mostly crappy weed, but he knows where to get stuff. I've gone up to Griffith Park a few times to shoot it off. Scared the poo poo out of me the first time. Less the second. Might be the best therapy I could have. I'm taking classes now too, taekwondo, under cover of 'physical therapy'. Mom and dad were kind of cranky but...I think they were gladI wanted to do something, get out of bed. And hey, it /is/ getting me in shape.

Whoever this nut is, I'll be ready. Bet your life I will be.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Cocks Cable posted:

Cassandra Question #2
It’s so refreshing to see someone with umm the complete opposite of low self-esteem issues! It sounds like you command respect and with that comes friends minions. Surely you have at least one by now? How does that relationship work?

How it works? I give commands. They follow them. It's not that hard to understand. Oh, sure, sometimes I give them some compliment, or a trinket of sorts, to keep them in line. The thing about power is that it's a fragile thing. Very, very fragile. Most people don't understand that, but my daddy - for all his rear end in a top hat behaviour - taught me that from a young age, and he did it right. Power is a balance. You can hurt people as much as you like, but you have to make sure they won't fight back. Because peasants sometimes get brave, foolish ideas about heroism and "doing the right thing", thanks to the bedtime fairytales they are told as children. And sometimes they rise up against their betters for the hurt they have been done - and that's just such a hassle.

So you flatter them, in turn. You drip honeyed words into their ears and soothe their meager little souls. You tell them what a good job they've done, how you would be so much worse off without them. And they become so happy to serve again, so eager. Which is how my current procurer, Andy, got to have his position. He's one of the camp counselor's kids, he helps out by driving the truck with food and other supplies. I offered him many things and he just about threw himself at my feet. So he brings me things when I need them, with my money. Cigars, mostly. Can't do without 'em. But food, too. Smuggles it right in under the noses of those sanctimonious coaches - and they don't know poo poo.

It's good to be the queen... even in a shithole like this.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Haha! You are so not knife fighting in those jeans!

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Platonicsolid posted:

Gurl I do what I wan't you don't know me you don't know my struggles.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Platonicsolid posted:

Just needs a bigger knife! :q:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cocks Cable posted:

Eva Question #2
Can you give us an example of when your lack of memory has gotten you into trouble recently? How close a call was that? Did you recovery? Was there any lingering fallout?

Ok, you know how, like, stores work? Yeah, they're a lot harder to figure out when nobody tells you anything about them. So one day about a week after I woke up, “Mom” tells me to run down to the Publix and pick up some milk. At least I'd learned what milk is already. So I head down a couple blocks to the big building with the sign that says “Publix” and wander around until I find the milk. There are way too many different kinds, so I just grab one without thinking and head back.

Next thing I know this loud siren is going off and an angry-looking guy in a vest is grabbing my arm and dragging me off to some back room. He starts lecturing me about a bunch of stuff I don't understand, but mostly I'm too confused and terrified to listen. He starts talking about calling the police. I have no idea what that means, and say as much, but he doesn't seem to care. I spend the next ten minutes crying until another guy with a buzz-cut shows up. He asks me where my parents live, and I tell him because I'm just happy to finally be asked a question I can answer. Then he takes me outside a puts me in the back of this car with bars on the windows and drives me home.

My “parents” do a bunch of apologizing to this police guy, and when he leaves they tell me I'm not allowed to leave the house anymore. Two days later they tell me I'm going to CAMP. And I'm still not sure how stores are supposed to work.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Cocks Cable posted:

Russel Question #2
Hmmm, I really don’t know who Sonic is and I’m a totes hardcore gamer. Not to brag but like I’ve scored like over 2,000,000 points on Candy Crush level 252 and I have something like 100 acres on Farmville 2. :shrug: Anyways. Have you noticed any changes since that night? Are you like afraid to go out at night now? Aren’t you the least bit curious as to why your dad locks you a bunker once a month? I’m no expert, but that just doesn’t sound like proper parental behavior. Does that “routine” continue now that you’re at camp?

There's.

There's so many wrong things you just said about video games.

I can't begin to describe it.

Well, ever since the incident I've felt a bit bolder, hungrier for red meat, and I've been growing a lot of body hair. But I think that's just puberty. Also I've really liked going out at night looking out at the moon a lot more often. (Dad doesn't let me go far out though) I guess it reminds me of that really epic scene in Sonic Adventure 2 where Dr. Eggman blows up half of the moon??

I guess it does seem a little weird that my dad never does any work on the doomsday bunker, and it's even weirder that I'm the only one who goes in. I mean, at first I couldn't tell, but when my night vision started getting better I noticed nobody else actually came in with me. Up until that point I just assumed mom and dad went to sleep in their doomsday cots.

I asked dad what we're going to do for bunker nights while I'm at camp, and he says I don't have to do that. That's really nice, since I've never gotten an oppurtunity to look at a full moon in years. I bet it'll look really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!

Chad Winters as...

THE CHOSEN

"I kill monsters, AMA"

I'll just get this out of the way. I go to a fancy boarding school, I was the captain of the Lacrosse team several years running, and I'm pretty much one of the most popular guys there is. Oh, and my parents are loaded. You're probably thinking I'm just some underprivileged rick kid who doesn't think I've worked an honest day in my life, or doesn't even understand real life.

I'm here to tell you that you're dead wrong. And you're an rear end for thinking that in the first place.

See, I met this guy at my first school in Crofton, named Ed McMallon. He's a teacher there. Creepy rear end in a top hat with a flair for the dramatic. He grabbed me from a class one day to rant at me that I'm some special chosen one with the power to hold back the darkness against humanity. Crrrazy poo poo. Long story short, I saw a dragon when I was young. Yeah, that's right. A dragon. It marked me with its power and now I have all the will and courage of a dragon or some poo poo that like. Apparently I also have the pride of one, according to McMallon, but I sure haven't seen it. He says some really stupid poo poo sometimes. I bought it because I definitely remember seeing that dragon and well, I am pretty amazing. I get amazing grades and, y'know, lacrosse captain.

But I'm here to tell you it sucks. Why? Because assholes from Beyond The Veil are constantly wanting a piece of you, that's why. I'm talking vampires, werewolves, living gargoyles, mummies. This is serious Supernatural poo poo, and I'm those two guys on that show put together. I moved away from Crofton to protect my parents, McMallon said I was some sort of nexus of weirdness. But now it's summer, school's over, and I need a place to hang out and hopefully get some R&R. Ever hear of Lake Silver? It's in Florida, and not the fun part of Florida. But Ed says it's some sort of holy place. There's a temple that's spent the past few decades sinking into the swamp. It's from back in the inquisition era, they called it "Santuario Cristo." Ed says could it have some enlightening things in it, stuff about how to fight the darkness on a whole new level. He gave me a word of warning before I left though. "At night, when the swamp is darkest and the holy powers are at their weakest, you can see eyes, countless thousands of eyes, rising up through the swamp. Their dark purpose is known to no man, but the being to which they belong holds nothing but malice in its heart for mortal men." Creeepy. But psh, I got this. I even left my entire arsenal of monster-murder back at school, and I still ain't afraid.

But anyway, camp's been fun, I wasn't expecting the Hilton or anything. But I have to tell you about Father Bill.

Father Bill is one of the only camp counselors who holds onto the religious views the CAMP program started on. He's not crazy about it or anything, he's pretty laid back. And I've definitely encountered some, ah, "divine beings" in my time, so I'm a little more on board with the whole Almighty concept. Only thing is, I hear him walking through the camp at night sometimes, singing in some language I've never heard of before. I looked outside my tent one night to see what was up, he was holding a blood red candle above his head as he walked, and the shadows were going insane. Like not at all because of the candle, something seriously supernatural was happening there. The guy has to be in the know, but I want to know just HOW much he knows, and what he's up to. Is he in league with whatever's hiding out in the swamp, or is he holding it back?

quote:

Name: Chad Winters

Skin: Chosen

Look: Strong. Unwavering Eyes. He's all sunglasses and expensive, trendy clothes. A real flashy guy.

Origin: Marked by the supernatural

Sex move: When you have sex, heal all of your wounds, and cure all of your Conditions. If they disgust you, give them a String. If you disgust yourself, give them a String.

Darkest Self: None of your friends can help. They’re not strong like you are. You need to chase down the biggest threat imaginable, immediately and alone. Any challenges or dangers that you encounter must be faced head on, even if they might kill you. You escape your Darkest Self when someone comes to your rescue or you wake up in the hospital, whichever comes first.

Stats:
Hot: 1
Cold: 0
Volatile: 1
Dark: -1

Moves:

Come Prepared: Spend 4 Strings you have on an NPC to kill them. They are irrevocably dead. They can spend any Strings they have against you to deal you harm, 1-for-1, on the way out.

Light the Way: Whenever your friends follow through on your commands or your lead, they add 1 to their roll. (If your friends are NPCs, they instead act at an Advantage.)

Strings:

Person Have|Given

You have two friends who you can rely on for monster-slaying support. Take a String on each.

There’s someone who knows that you’re the Chosen one, and wants you dead. The MC gives them a name and two Strings on you.

• Locked thread