Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

I HAVE THE BEST CABIN

IT'S NOT GARBAGE GATOR CABIN OR FROG CABIN LIKE NOBODY GAF ABOUT TOADS THEY'RE NATURE'S REFUSE OR SQUIRREL CABIN HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN A SQUIRREL NOPE DIDN'T THINK SO THEIR EXISTENCE IS A LIBERAL LIE

I'm staying in Dog Cabin. Dogs are okay, right? Dogs love you no matter who you are. (Unless you've got steak, in which case they love you more.) Okay, so maybe dogs can sniff me out (get it? It's a pun. Ha-ha. :S), but...they're still friendly, right? Sometimes. I guess.

I'm staying in Dog Cabin with, um....that girl. Whose clothes I sort of borrowed. Rachel. She's not gonna go through my things, right? So...so it'll be okay. She won't find out and freak and get *mad* and yell or...or anything. Right? Rachel and some sniffly girl and, uh....well, okay, my bunkmate hasn't actually shown up yet. Somebody tossed her stuff on the bottom bunk, though, and I totes didn't go through it or anything, I just have this sort of feeling that her name's Sally Silver.

I hope she's okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the other day I sort of panicked 'cos I saw that girl, loving...Liz? Scary big sister girl. Yeah, Liz. I panicked 'cos I saw her out the cabin window so i sort of casually walked out to the back and then I just *ran* and....I don't know. I ran awhile. I only stopped running when I passed this ginormous old tree and realised that i couldn't even see the cabin anymore.

I thought it'd be a good idea to kill some time there, so I walked a bit further and checked stuff out, and...I dunno. It's weird. There's this sort of grassy clearing with an honest-to-god ring of weird mushrooms in all sorts of colors circling it -- part of me wanted to try one and see if it'd make me trip balls or whatever, but I didn't 'cos aren't some wild mushrooms poisonous? -- and when i stepped past the line of :catdrugs: shrooms :catdrugs: everything felt kind of...weird. Like, not like I was high or anything, but....I dunno. The air felt like it was buzzing, I guess? But in this sort of pleasant, warm, ticklish kind of way. I left after awhile, and lucky me, scary girl who's probably going to kill me if she catches me wasn't there anymore (jeez, I spent like two hours there for some reason), but I wanna come back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Am I a big loving nerd if I actually kind of like my classes?

The teachers aren't pushy or SO EXCITED LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT LEARNING KIDS or w/e, they're just kind of...there.

Literature isn't so bad -- i won't have to do any loving journals, thank god -- and French is okay. I guess. I dunno, it's sort of difficult and that scary rich girl is in it and ugh our teacher is just ughhhhhhhh, but.....i guess it could be worse, right?

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Okay, so apparently French is THE class to be in. :france: Too bad you missed out on that actual cultural field trip to France this summer that a lot of your peers probably went on.

GodFish promised to finish up Rachel's answers later. In the meantime, you all can highlight stats. The player with the most strings on you gets to highlight one of your stats. Use democracy or something in case of a tie.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Three-way tie: Atash, Cassandra, and Jonah all have 1 String on Amber, so highlight away.

Also, since I have most on Jonah: I highlight his Hot. Let's see the Bible boy get tempting. :getin:

P.S. Should I amend Amber's classes so I share at least one with someone else?

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Either Cassandra or Atash is highlighting for Natalie.

Unless someone has more than two strings on Eva, I'm the one highlighting for her -- I'll pick Volatile.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

potatocubed posted:

Three-way tie: Atash, Cassandra, and Jonah all have 1 String on Amber, so highlight away.

Also, since I have most on Jonah: I highlight his Hot. Let's see the Bible boy get tempting. :getin:

P.S. Should I amend Amber's classes so I share at least one with someone else?

Join Physics! All the kewl kids are in it. It also has liquid nitrogen.

I will highlight Amber! Amber, why do you have to be so cold to Atash? I mean, he is a kewl dude, he likes things other people like. Like food, um, lets see, also peace and quiet, clubs and also electronica.

as for Atash

Current history:
Person : My Strings/Their Stings

Amber the Witch : 1/1
Natalie the Neighbor : 2/2
Jonah the Reverent : 0/2
Robin the Cuckoo : 0/1
Eva the Hollow : 2/1
Cassandra the Wyrm : 0/2
Rachel the Chosen : 2/1

Three way tie! Natalie, Jonah and Cassandra!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I was going to take fencing potatocubed.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Gazetteer posted:

Either Cassandra or Atash is highlighting for Natalie.

Unless someone has more than two strings on Eva, I'm the one highlighting for her -- I'll pick Volatile.

You might want to check your math there:
Strings (Me on them|Them on Me)
Amber: 1|1
Atash: 1|2
Natalie: 2|0
Jonah: 0|1
Robin: 1|1
Cassandra: 1|0
Rachel: 0|1

Pretty sure Atash gets to pick mine. Does anyone else have two or more strings on Natalie?

e: There may be a bit of confusion. Eva has two strings on Natalie because she's always watching her and her social interactions.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jul 21, 2014

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Ok to help break all these ties and get more strings out there for Cassandra to play with, you're getting some additional ones for free.

Take 1 String on your PC Cabin Buddy. You're all up in each others' personal space. You're bound to know more about them or notice something fishy. Does Atash really sleep on MLP bedsheets? How many times is Amber going to sing that loving song from the Frozen soundtrack?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cocks Cable posted:

CAMP is certified by the great state of Florida to administer transferable highschool credits. They get a kick back for every student they enroll. So whether you like it or not, you're forced to take two classes. These can be remedial make-up poo poo or or some dumb pointless electives. Tell us about some of your bullshit classes and what sucks about them? They take up maybe half your day 4-days a week. So you got plenty of time for other stupid poo poo like hiking, canoeing, loving, and prayer groups.

So I signed for Advanced Physics II because for some reason it's one of only two math-related courses they offer and this was the one Natalie was taking. I thought I'd have to just pretend I knew what was going on, but the really freaky thing is I understand everything perfectly the moment the teacher explains them like I already knew them. I had to ask a counselor what a 'class' was, but I know Graham's Law as easy as breathing. What the hell is up with that?

French is kinda like that too, but the weird thing there is that after a whole class speaking French, it's like I start to forget how to speak English for a bit. It all comes back to me once everyone around me starts talking English again, though. Is that what learning a foreign language is supposed to feel like?

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
All right, the new string breaks the tie towards me, so lets see Atash get Volatile.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Atash or Robin highlight for Rachel I think (tied for 2 after the bunkmate strings)

Pretty sure she highlights no one :v

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Cocks Cable posted:

So what else makes up Lake Silver? Well there's a lake duh. It probably has some swimming docks, right? We've established cabins and such too. What else? Each of you tell me about a feature of the area.

When we had that stupid boat safety training on the first day (I mean honestly who doesn't understand boat safety? Don't stand up and dance in your boat: done.), I said gently caress it and went off in the kayak (canoe? I can never keep those straight) to check out the lake a bit, and I was surprised. I know from the shore it looks more like Lake Milfoil, but once you get towards the middle, the water actually turns crystal clear, and is really pretty looking. But, there was this one spot, you could see all the way down to the bottom, and there was like, this ruined village down there. It was made of stone, and had a bunch of carvings, I guess village is the wrong word, more like ruined five or six buildings, but still. One of them was actually mostly upright, and looks sort of like a church. You know the weird thing though? I think I saw some light coming out of the building, but a second later, it was gone, so it was probably some reflection of the sun light off the water?

Cocks Cable posted:

CAMP is certified by the great state of Florida to administer transferable highschool credits. They get a kick back for every student they enroll. So whether you like it or not, you're forced to take two classes. These can be remedial make-up poo poo or or some dumb pointless electives. Tell us about some of your bullshit classes and what sucks about them? They take up maybe half your day 4-days a week. So you got plenty of time for other stupid poo poo like hiking, canoeing, loving, and prayer groups.

Sorry potatocubed, I lied about Fencing, I'm going to take metal working instead

So taking classes at a summer camp is so completely opposite the point of a summer camp that words can't even describe how stupid this is, but I was pretty excited when I saw metal working as a listened option. I mean, who doesn't want to bend metal to their will and make awesome swords and armor and poo poo, right? The camp counselors apparently, because all get to do is make dumbass chairs. I suppose I might be able to sneak it later to make something cool.

I'm also taking French, because I figured that was basically like Latin, and I had to learn a bunch of stupid latin gibberish because pretty much 7/9ths of everything ever written about a monster is in latin for some reason. After taking a few classes..... I'm pretty sure the two languages have nothing in common though.

ROOMMATES PART TWO

So the other bunk is Robin, who seems... nice? I guess? She seems kind of shy, so we haven't really talked at all past sort of 'hi' 'how are you' 'fine' 'fine' stuff. As long as she doesn't like freak out and start complaining about me leaving a lot of my clothes lying around (I have a really bad habit of just leaving them on the ground when I get undressed, shut up okay) or something, I think she'll be fine. The other one is.... Sally? I think I met her at the start, but I haven't seen her since, so.... She must be an outdoors person. Even more than me I mean.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jul 21, 2014

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Gonna ditch fencing and sign up for physics as soon as I'm not phone-posting. Amber's a STEM sort of girl at heart anyway.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Getting a string on Cassandra means Natalie highlights for her, and vice versa I for Natalie; so I'll highlight Cold for her! Let's see if she can hold up in the face of pretty rich girls.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Okay, then. I'll highlight hot. Let's see some of that cold blooded reptilian charisma at work.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

So that's Amber Cold, Atash Volatile, Natalie Cold, Jonah Hot, Eva Volatile, and Cassandra Hot.

Need highlights for Rachel, Eva, and Robin.

Atash highlights for Eva. Not sure about Rachel and Robin.

iceyman fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jul 22, 2014

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Strings (mine|yours):
Amber: 0|0
Atash: 1|0
Cassandra: 1|0
Eva: 1|1
Natalie: 0|0
Jonah: 0|1
Rachel: 2|1

THRILLDA SWINTON WILL HIGHLIGHT Dark FOR RACHEL THRILLDA SWINTON IS AN UNPREDICTABLE THRILL-A-MINUTE EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER

...seriously, though, let's see Rachel explore what lies in the dark! And/or some spoopy Civil War ghost capers (like Scooby-Doo! But spookier and....bonerier? Is that a word?)

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I went to take a nap, and woke up just now.

That new girl needs to watch herself, if she starts playing with fire she is going to get burned, I mean she is trying to be hot.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

That leaves Robin and I believe Rachel highlights for her.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Since there's a 3-way tie, I'm going to highlight Hot for Robin. Because this is sexy summer camp time and a cuckoo should never be walking around as herself.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Amber. Teach us all how to cast REAL spells. Highlight Dark.
Atash. Let's see you scheme and be manipulative. Make daddy proud. Highlight Hot.
Natalie. When you take off your glasses, it's like I'm really seeing you for the first time. Highlight Hot.
Jonah. Jesus wants you to keep them lustful girls and boys at bay. Highlight Cold.
Robin. Nobody wants you here. Why don't you just run away? Highlight Volatile.
Eva. The human condition is a mystery that you need to contemplate for a while. Highlight Dark.
Cassandra. You have been accused of Bitchcraft. How do you plead? Highlight Cold.
Rachel. Make love not war. Highlight Hot.

Look for the actual game thread to start in a day or so.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

The game thread is now live here.

First person present tense is kosher. This style seems to fit MH games perfectly. And for dice rolling, I prefer http://orokos.com/

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Hoping to hear from Amber and Cassandra soon! If you're stuck and would prefer an MC prompt just let me know.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Sorry about the delay. Life has been insane the past couple of weeks.

Post incoming.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

For those of you in the infirmary, timing and poo poo is becoming a bit of an issue here. So just like in a table-top session, I will use my fancy MC fiat to guide this scene into the biggest cluterfuck we can. Here's a rundown of things in order and what you should wait for:

1) Robin makes her decision.
2) Eva can leave with Robin, but she needs to Run Away as well. A fail doesn't necessarily mean you don't get to run away too. We'll see!
3) Then I have a special surprise in store for Atash :)
4) And finally Rachel and Rosa walk in and will see everyone still there.

Please stop for any hard moves.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I picked it pretty much at random as a thing that Rachel would think might work, but I just looked it up, and apparently the standard fire extinguisher spray will kill insects almost instantly. Transdimensional Plague Roaches, who knows :v:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Hi Robin and Eva. Are you still with us? It's been a while since you've posted. What's up?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'm still here, I'm just waiting for a response.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Sorry, but between the super stressful RL stuff going on that I've mentioned a bunch in IRC and the MIA thread and etc. and goatlord's pushiness in IRC and other stuff my enthusiasm for playing in this is just kind of...gone. :S

Sorry for holding things up. :/ I didn't immediately say 'welp gently caress this i'm out' 'cos I was trying to work up the whatever to start posting again, but it's not really happening.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Ok then. Robin will now be an NPC. Strings and conditions are still in place. You can use the ones you have on her. And I'll find some use for the ones she has on others...like more delicious hard moves.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Going to wait for Robin to reply to Eva before I post

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Nevermind.

:stare:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Hey Cable, I was thinking for my advance: Short Rest for the Wicked, what do you think?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Wahad, Cassandra dear, are you still with us?

Axe-man posted:

Hey Cable, I was thinking for my advance: Short Rest for the Wicked, what do you think?

It's fine. Thought you were going Anasi?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Oh I will I figured that this would represent atash's more spiritual nature since he isn't like a human. But I read the text wrong so I don't get double exp I think let me check

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Cocks Cable posted:

Wahad, Cassandra dear, are you still with us?

I am, I am! But like I've said before in chat, I want to put more effort into my Monsterhearts posts than I do for others; which makes it even easier to get slowed down when I am busy with schoolwork like I have been the past week.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
So is Rachel between me and the cabins or me and Natalie? Since the darkest self says "all that stand in your way" So if she isn't in front of the cabins then she isn't in my way. I guess I am confused, if she is, then I have to attack her.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

She's between you and Natalie. Not the cabins. That's how I read it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Between you and Nat, yeah. She figured you'd want to attack her again after the rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Oh then I'm confused who is blocking my way, cause then I would lash out at them blocking my way to the cabins.

• Locked thread