Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
The Profit, Chosen of Yeezus

Picture Me Rollin'
Even in the Refuge, we'd heard of the upjumped rulers of Modernerok. But what did it matter if that zombie empire fought with all the other petty kingdoms of Ragnarock? Fools just don't know they're the past yet. But the past demands respect, especially when you try to ignore it. That's what Archduke Ferdinand reminded me of, when he came to the Cathedral and told us of the Siege, petitioned us for aid. Young Dragon and Great Zee took in the performance and spoke platitudes of support. They lack vision. I suddenly saw it, like a sign from Yeezus, that this thing could not be allowed. So I stood up and swore my aid, even as the rest of the Refuge looked on in confusion.

It was a long journey here. The black Maybach was left in a ditch after assassins came gunnin' for me and the Archduke near Glam City, left us walking the earth, him with his guitar strapped to his back and me with nothing but a torn up umbrella to keep the rain off. Fought off a posse out of Ole Opry that fingered us for a murder didn't commit. Bunch of profiling hicks. The Macklemur nearly got us thrown into the grinders in Machine Halls, before the Rez recognized who we were. Cleaned out a gang of Folk who was running wild in the settlement of Parliament. It was there that Prime Minister gave us the legendary Six-and-Four, willed him by Godfather Eazy. And that's how we came to roll into Ten Pools in the Eazyrider.

Gravel Pit
The Profit strolls in, the Macklemur perched on his shoulder, wreathed in smoke and fashionably late. He tips his chin to Stanne in a sign of respect. "Sua Serenità. No disrespect is meant by my lateness in accepting your invitation. Matters in the Refuge have commanded my attention til late." His eyes are unreadable behind his pitch black shades as he looks over the gathering crowd. "Is that ARTIF.EXE Jones I see back there? How goes the revolution?" He raises a fist in salute. "And look here, Midnight City's best has deigned to honor us with her presence. Modernerok's got no idea what's about to hit them."

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Roosevelt Profit, AKA The Profit & the Macklemur

Concept: Chosen of Yeezus
Banter: New God Flow
Wu-Tang: The Abbot's Star Pupil
Intrigue: No One Man Should Have All This Power
Omega: Goin Gorillas

Skills:
pre:
		Rapper (+3)		Wu-Tang (+2)		Intrigue (+1)
Great (+4)	Contacts, Deceive,
		Provoke, Rapport,
		Will
Good (+3)	Empathy			Athletics, Combat,	
					Notice, Stealth
Fair (+2)				Physique
Average (+1)							Burglary
Wu-Tang Mode: Renamed Martial Arts.
Improvements: Focused Provoke, Rapport, Combat.

Stunts:

Imma Let You Finish: When an opponent attempts to create an advantage on one of your allies, you can spend a Fate point to interrupt and create an advantage of your own first using Provoke.

Mysteries of Chessboxing: +1 to attack with Combat and Weapon:2 when fighting unarmed. Bladeproof, but weak to deception; Armor:2 against everything else.

Nobody Fuckin With My Clique: When an ally invokes an aspect you created on them with Rapport in a way that involves music, they get a +3 instead of the usual +2.

Pop Some Tags: +2 to overcome with Burglary when the Macklemur is on the scene. An overcome attempt with Burglary can be made even if the Profit is not present.

(Total benefits: 5 - 5 = 0 fate points to the GM’s reserve.)

Stress
Physical OOO
Mental OOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The Profit

The Profit shrugs at Jeremy's expression of thanks. "Since I'm here, only right I be fair. I'm came for glory as much as to help. But you best understand these bastards aren't going to be allowed to win. We're going to need a free hand to deal with them, man of peace or no."

"I say we speak with the Cantor'el. We've go our own share of dead heroes in the Refuge, and every time some kind of fight starts someone's trying to claim their mantle. I'm telling you, these Modernerok goons are going to rob that grave if we don't head them off."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The Profit

"Might be that the Queen would be more likely to listen to our three ladies as it is. Me, I'm heading for the Box." He looks at the others, Blues man, trumpeter, tenor, and priest. "Feels like the right crowd to parley with the dead."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The Profit

The Profit takes a long pull on his own burnt offering, then smiles without pleasure. "Another dead legend of Ten Pools, from the same corrupt needle. No casting of stones from here, the Refuge has more than its own share of similar tales. Sounds like someone needs to find this temple, and the kingmakers who backed each of this lands remaining rulers in turn."

The Macklemur holds up a shining chrome key on a silver chain encrusted in diamonds, and the Profit takes hold of it. "I'm still making for the Box. There's room in the Eazyrider for all who have the guts to follow." With that, he turns and saunters out, spinning the key on its chain.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The Profit

Slamming the door to the Eazyrider, the Profit surveys this wasteland. "This quest keeps taking me to the nicest places." He considers not at all before he strides up the nearest street preacher with the strange cloth. He points at it. "Homie the hell are you wearing?" The Macklemur reaches out and grabs at the purple patch until the Profit reaches up and slaps his paw away.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The Profit

"Pretty sure we're looking for a temple down by a green river, dog. You know where we might find it?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The Profit

"Yeezus sent me," the Profit tells the street-preacher, turning to face the SUV. "Gonna need a second. Got some goons to teach a lesson with my immaculate style."

He cracks his knuckles as he steps up to stand beside the other legends. "This won't take more than a little while."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The Profit

While the others deal with the freaks, Profit strides towards the one in the suit, a sneer on his lips. "You have any idea who you're loving with here?" He takes a long drag, and rolls his head from one side to the other. "The King of Swing, the Dog of the Blues, and Chief Weed Priest. You've got some balls even thinking you belong in the same town with them. And then there's me. The Profit. Chosen of Yeezus. You're really picking a fight with me?" He shakes his head in wonder and disappointment.

"Well, then, you'd best protect your neck," he tells the man, then flicks away his joint and attacks, his foot snapping out in a powerful kick aimed right at the man's larynx.

[20:23] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-+-+4 = 3
Taking an invoke on the Murdered Ain't Silent to make it a 5 with W:2.

Boris, do your thing!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The Profit

The Profit charges into the fray around Pops, engaging the clawed woman hand to hand. He throws punches with speed and rhythm, blocking and counterattacking simultaneously as the creature slashes at him, his limbs moving in a constant flow. The two combatants weave through the field as the fight. The creature spies an opening, and slashes at the Profit's face - but he ducks it, leaning over backwards almost until his fro touches the ground, then he whips back up and grabs her arm, sending her spinning towards the a chasm opened by Boris' inexorable wall of sound.

"This is tiger style" The Profit charges in as his opponent tries to keep balanced on the edge of disaster, both fists lashing out in a powerful blow. "The Riza sends his regards!"

Attacking the clawed one.
[23:23] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ---++4 = 2
Invoking for a reroll off of Swallowing Chasms of Doom
[23:23] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /+--+4 = 3
Ugh. I'll use an FP to invoke The Abbot's Star Pupil to make it a 5.
If it connects somehow its W:2.

Let's throw it to Robert

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The Profit

The Profit rolls his head from one shoulder to the other, working out the crick in his neck as he almost casually saunters over to the last meathead. He sizes it up, tilts his head back as light plays off his shades. He shakes his head, disappointed. "You missed. A chance like that, and you missed."

Then his hand whips out and connects with the skull of the mutant, almost a dismissive gesture if not for the concentrated force behind it. He turns around as what's left of the creature slump to the ground, content to watch the others finish things while he lights a new joint.

My attack boost will be Tigah Style, of course.

Defend, and get a boost. Let's call it Best Not Miss.
[18:45] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -/-++4 = 3

Attacking the last of the meatheads. What the heck, let's tag both boosts and make it an 8! :getin:
[18:46] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -+-++4 = 4

Tossing it to Pops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The Profit

The Profit stands up from his fighting stance, wipes his hands off, then shakes the sleeves back into place before tugging his jacket back into place with one practiced motion. The ever present sneer on his lips looks downright amused. "If that's the best they've got, this is going to be boring." The Macklemur hops down and scurries over to the skull, picking it up and examining it excitedly - until the Profit yanks it out of his grasp and holds it up. The small primate hoots furiously and drums its fists on the Profit's leg, not that it attracts any notice. Realizing no one is paying it any mind, the Macklemur crosses its arm and huffs in a pout.

The Profit turns the skull over in his hands, then looks at the others. "Looks like we were left an invitation. I ain't gonna turn it down." He nods, and starts down the alley way, sauntering with insouciant confidence.

• Locked thread