Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain;
At least I'm sure it may be so in Denmark

Castle Elsinore. Denmark. 13th Century.
The old King, Hamlet, is dead. His brother Claudius has taken his crown and married his widow. His son, the young Hamlet has returned from his studies in Germany grief-stricken and devastated by the incestuous actions of his mother in marrying her brother-in-law so swiftly. Prince Fortinbras of Norway, seeking money and power, moves his army towards the borders of Denmark. Meanwhile, inside the Danish court murder, revenge, politics, madness, sexual desire and ghostly visitations conspire to drive the Danish monarchy to oblivion.

Welcome to Something Rotten, a game of mafia for 9 players. This is my first time modding so I've kept it simple. No strange roles, no weird mechanics, just scumhunting, pure and simple.

My co-mod is anime gently caress pillow, who is helping me not make too many mistakes, and who will be around during regular US hours when I might not be :australia: :hfive:

THE RULES:
No editing your posts.
No talking OOT unless you are able to do so.
Don't post your role PM or any other communication from the mod.
Don't post after hammers or daykills.
Don't fake day actions.
Don’t do anything not in the spirit of the game.

Days will typically last 48-72 hours at the start, getting shorter towards the end of the game.
This game is majority lynch. If the town is unable to come to a conclusion, and deadline arrives, there will be NO LYNCH.
Flavour is random, flavour arguments are pointless.

Vote like this: ##vote Playername. Unvote like this: ##unvote

Thanks for signing up!

Players
  1. Bigup DJ
  2. Byers2142
  3. Ixtlilton
  4. Puntification
  5. Rarity
  6. Rascyc
  7. Somberbrero
  8. TheNabster
  9. uranus

*additional writing by W. Shakespeare

fiery_valkyrie fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

windshipper posted:

I am making a terrible mistake.

i am in two games already

Just get killed in one. Problem solved.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Role PM's going out soon.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Role PM's are out. I'll start the game when a few people have checked in (and I figure out how to use votefinder).

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

so shall you hear
Of carnal, bloody, and unnatural acts,
Of accidental judgments, casual slaughters,
Of deaths put on by cunning and forced cause,
And, in this upshot, purposes mistook
Fall'n on the inventors' reads: all this can I
Truly deliver.

Evil walks the halls of Castle Elsinore. Old King Hamlet is dead, and rumours of murder, poison and ghosts are whispered about in the shadows. Will the Danish monarchy fall to darkness or can the source of the evil be rooted out?

Old King Hamlet, town-aligned plot device was murdered Night 0.

Day 1 starts now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (9): Bigup DJ, Byers2142, Ixtlilton, Puntification, Rarity, Rascyc, Somberbrero, TheNabster, uranus

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 12th, 2014 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 20 hours.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

f_v, can you throw this into the OP? Makes it easier to track votes. Thanks!

Done

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

The accusations started immediately, as the inhabitants of Castle Elsinore gave into their paranoia. Where was the evil amongst them. Suddenly, their attention was caught by a rustling noise behind the arras. With a clang of metal, swords were drawn and plunged into the man hiding there.

uranus, aka, Polonius, Mafia Goon has been slain.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to submit your night actions.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Votecount for Day 1

uranus (5): Somberbrero, Rarity, Byers2142, TheNabster, Byers2142, Bigup DJ, Byers2142
Rarity (0): Bigup DJ, Bigup DJ

Not Voting (4): Ixtlilton, Puntification, Rascyc, uranus

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tis now the very witching time of night,
When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
Contagion to this world: now could I drink hot blood,
And do such bitter business as the day
Would quake to look on.

In the morning, everyone gathers in the Great Hall of the castle. However, it quickly becomes clear that one of your group is missing. Horatio has not shown his face this morning. Guards are dispatched to his room and come back with terrible news. Horatio has been stabbed as he slept.

Rarity, town-aligned Vanilla, was stabbed to death Night 1.

It is now Day 2.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Deadline can be changed if it's not suitable for you all. Just let me know.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Angels and ministers of grace defend us!
Be thou a spirit of health or goblin drat'd,
Bring with thee airs from heaven or blasts from hell,
Be thy intents wicked or charitable,
Thou comest in such a questionable shape
That I will speak to thee

Debate echoed through the halls, as everyone eyed each other with suspicion. Opinions were equally divided and it looked like this day would end without killing, but finally Laertes tripped, falling on his own poisoned sword and was slain.

Byers, aka Laertes Mafia-aligned Goon, was killed Day 2.

Rascyc, aka Gertrude, town-aligned vanilla,
TheNabster, aka Claudius, town-aligned cop,
Ixtililton, aka Hamlet, town-aligned vanilla,
Puntification, aka Rosencrantz, town-aligned vanilla,
Somberbrero, aka Ophelia, town-aligned vanilla and
Bigup DJ, aka Guildernstern, town-aligned vanilla have won the game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Thanks for playing my first game guys, and for making it so active.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Things I have learnt modding this game

- write day end flavour before the hammer not after so you don't end up rushing it
- I am terrible at creative writing

Please let me know any feedback if you have it.

Thanks

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rascyc posted:

##vote Byers2142

cya guys d2

Byers busses his team mates all the time

My favourite post of the game since it came not long after Byers wrote in the scum doc "no one in this game knows I bus my teammates"

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

It was a pretty basic game and the flavor was fine. Did you randomize alignments with flavor? It seems like a pretty big coincidence as is, you should always do that or give fakeclaims. Also, lol Byers you thought I didn't know you bus your teammates.

Yes, flavour and roles were all random. Mod doc here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mooxeURk9izau4I55JxECrtKiYrCPzhTfA5EUUQFMrU/edit#gid=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Bigup DJ posted:

It's also funny how basically no one died in the Hamlet game.

I had so many quotes!!!!

• Locked thread