Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i'm trying to come out of my shell and my mom says that i need friends that arent online friends. I keep telling her that, yes, they are real people and they really are my friends, but she doesn't believe me

do you guys have any online friends that you guys talk to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You are all my online friends

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I subscribe to the motto, "Keep your [online] friends close, and your [online] enemies closer" so I have a lot of people I'm close to online, because you are all just frags on my scoreboard.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

this one girl used to like me in guild wars when I played. then she sent me pictures to try and seduce me

but she was fat. I was like 17 then so I really didn't know what to think. obviously kicked her from my guild though

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I talk to putty now and then and consider him a friend, I would buy him 1X tag of ale at any mmo, my treat

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
theres a loving lot of people on my steam friendlist that are online and in a game when i wake up in the morning and are still online and gaming throughout the middle of the day and evening as well

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Mung Dynasty posted:

theres a loving lot of people on my steam friendlist that are online and in a game when i wake up in the morning and are still online and gaming throughout the middle of the day and evening as well

that sounds cool, good to have friends who are true rear end gamers

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Back in the year 2003, when Counter-Strike was the most popular game. I made a CAL-O team with my friend. In the preseason we played vs this other team that randomly had a couple people from our town on the team. We eventually merged teams or something I don't remember it was literally over 10 years ago.

Anyways the fateful day eventually came where we had to meet each other face to face, because it would be weird not to, living so close together. So my friend and I went to the fast food restaurant that one of them worked at. Eventually we had some sweet LAN parties.

We both eventually picked up League of Legends completely separately, and he doesn't play anymore, but one of his roommates who I met when I went to visit him at his university still plays regularly, and we still play together, and now I am friends with his friends on the internet, and even met one of them one time when he came down here for a wedding.

After all this time I still hang out with all them every once in awhile since we all still live in the same city after college.

The internet, man.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Mung Dynasty posted:

yea same

what the gently caress is the story with this, are they in some kinda of personal hell where they play games all day long, or is it true that gamers are all children who have off from school now

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

hubris.height posted:

yea same

what the gently caress is the story with this, are they in some kinda of personal hell where they play games all day long, or is it true that gamers are all children who have off from school now

they are living the neet dream

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

aren't you guys all my friends???

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

LaTex Fetish posted:

they are living the neet dream

im pretty jealous if im being honest with myself

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

hubris.height posted:

yea same

with steam, if you open a game and then leave it sitting, ont he title screen or splash screen or anywhere else, steam says youre playing.

but some of them are probably definitely just hat loving shut-ins who love having 1000 hours in modern TF2 and dota and play both of them all day long

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

other than like three or four people all of my friends are online! its very sad, dont have online friends.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I actually have no online friends and everyone I post with regularly hangs out with me in real life in a video game based criminal street gang.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
widestancer noo what happened to your rad as hell av

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hog Butcher posted:

widestancer noo what happened to your rad as hell av

The Star Citizen thread people bought me this one

It is the third one they have bought for me and this is after they bought our IK an AV and misspelled his red text

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The extreme majority of my friends are online, OP.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Widestancer posted:

The Star Citizen thread people bought me this one

It is the third one they have bought for me and this is after they bought our IK an AV and misspelled his red text

this thread is about online friends not about online enemies, of which I have many because of my superior intellectual thought process during battles and quick reflex time

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i have people on my friend list from ragnarok online 7 years ago and i've gone partway across the country to hang out with one of them and it went pretty great

when i got out of high school and started having to be awake during the day time it blew because i realized almost everyone i knew who was rad to talk to online was only awake from like midnight to 8

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
So, who's in for brunch on saturday?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
a true gamer has no friends, only rivals and kills

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Gimbal lock posted:

So, who's in for brunch on saturday?

Dennys or IHOP

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Dennys or IHOP

Better be IHOP, that way there will be something at least edible on the menu. Can't fuel another 16 hours of gaming on Denny's!

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I usually just go for the garbage container in the back of the olive garden, but I guess IHOP would be pretty similar

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
go to waffle house and order too much hash browns

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
guys i really want a grand slam so i'll just meet you at gamestop after breakfast

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The only friends I have are the ones with which I rip Zeez online at StarCraft.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I like to think that all the goon guilds I join are full of friends. Problem is I never interact with them in any way.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Give Pat a Job posted:

I like to think that all the goon guilds I join are full of friends. Problem is I never interact with them in any way.

thats okay, because usually half the people in goon guilds hate each other in a passive way

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
friends make gaming more fun but none of my offline friends game and none of my online friends are my friends

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Mung Dynasty posted:

friends make gaming more fun but none of my offline friends game and none of my online friends are my friends

never make competitive gaming friends irl or they will probably be insane

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Mung Dynasty posted:

i actually bought one of my real life friends portal 2 for co-op and he never played with me. we do kick back and chill and play magic: the gathering tho, so i suppose its cool

bwatts
May 28, 2013

on steam i use the tag system to make tier lists for my friends.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Mung Dynasty posted:

same, I think it's for the best that way

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Bureaus Watts posted:

on steam i use the tag system to make tier lists for my friends.

thats cool add me

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

psymonkey posted:

Back in the year 2003, when Counter-Strike was the most popular game. I made a CAL-O team with my friend. In the preseason we played vs this other team that randomly had a couple people from our town on the team. We eventually merged teams or something I don't remember it was literally over 10 years ago.

Anyways the fateful day eventually came where we had to meet each other face to face, because it would be weird not to, living so close together. So my friend and I went to the fast food restaurant that one of them worked at. Eventually we had some sweet LAN parties.

We both eventually picked up League of Legends completely separately, and he doesn't play anymore, but one of his roommates who I met when I went to visit him at his university still plays regularly, and we still play together, and now I am friends with his friends on the internet, and even met one of them one time when he came down here for a wedding.

After all this time I still hang out with all them every once in awhile since we all still live in the same city after college.

The internet, man.

The internet, man...

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
lol op I don't have friends, let alone online friends

it's the true gamer's way

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Falsum posted:

lol op I don't have friends, let alone online friends

it's the true gamer's way

Lol, guess you should kill yourself! haha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I had an online friend visit for a week, he was cool, we went and did touristy poo poo around manhattan and brooklyn, no butthole action tho

• Locked thread