Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I like to put burglars in a bowl with some thumbtacks instead of shooting them

Hey, I haven't gotten around to watching Home Alone 6: What's CPS? so some spoilering would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WITCHCRAFT posted:

A "candle" made of unprocessed bacon fat.

Put a toilet bowl on your head so that you can jiggle a plate of sausage and meatballs all over the place on your lap.

Put clear/invisible tape (but labelled in the video as "duct tape") on a fork, so that you can eat yogurt out of a cup.

Reading this gives me an irresistible compulsion to add "Stick your head in the microwave and get yourself a tan."

OwlFancier posted:

Possibly not a trend that holds to swapping kitchen knives for bowls full of razor blades, however.
On the plus side, it does make you the horror movie villain of vegetables, torturing them slowly to death in a bowl of blades rather than killing them quickly with a knife.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Inceltown posted:

Then they'd be just like every other baking video but now they've got one with people passing it around laughing at how wrong they got it.

And also people who attempted to copy the recipe commenting on how badly it went.

In the world of Youtube, Engagement of any sort is the absolute king.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Sunswipe posted:

Reading this gives me an irresistible compulsion to add "Stick your head in the microwave and get yourself a tan."

Throw your phone in there too for wireless charging.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

The bacon fat candle at 3:00 reminded me of this: http://www.johnnywander.com/comic/nearly-burning-down-the-apartment-part-fifty-jillion

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tiggum posted:

Ann Reardon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvqa8dsBtno

She's done a whole series on debunking cooking and lifehack videos.

This video is great when her husband goes investigative reporter on YouTube algorithm gaming. Pro-click.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Biggest issue I have with her vids is when she has her husband eat something, reminds me of the scene from Mafia! where the main guy eats an orange and everyone starts puking even the horse

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Biggest issue I have with her vids is her husband. He feels like he belongs in that fellow kids meme

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

My biggest issue with her vids is the haters. gently caress the haters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't have a link because it was from one of those auto play Facebook videos but I saw one just now from something called "Crafty Panda" where one of the lifehacks was instead of putting two batteries in a remote just put in one and for the other space stick in a bent paperclip. That sounds like a good way to start a fire.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

There's no way that works, just about every remote takes 2 AA or AAA batteries in series, for a total of 3(ish) volts, 1 battery would be 1.5 volts and simply wouldn't do poo poo.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Elviscat posted:

There's no way that works, just about every remote takes 2 AA or AAA batteries in series, for a total of 3(ish) volts, 1 battery would be 1.5 volts and simply wouldn't do poo poo.

The remote for my Denon AV receiver won't even work with Ni-MH rechargables, since they only put out 1.2 volts each and 2.4 volts just ain't enough juice.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Life hack: make your own wire stripper from a toothbrush and razor blade so you can run your remote directly off the mains

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

muscles like this! posted:

Don't have a link because it was from one of those auto play Facebook videos but I saw one just now from something called "Crafty Panda" where one of the lifehacks was instead of putting two batteries in a remote just put in one and for the other space stick in a bent paperclip. That sounds like a good way to start a fire.

I doubt it would start a fire, you arent shorting the battery with it, as other posters have said the batteries are in series, not parallel (where doing that WOULD short the battery). Its far more likely the remote just wont work with one battery. On a basic level, if a remote only needed one battery it would only take one, its not like the TV company is getting kickbacks from duracell.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

SiKboy posted:

I doubt it would start a fire, you arent shorting the battery with it, as other posters have said the batteries are in series, not parallel (where doing that WOULD short the battery). Its far more likely the remote just wont work with one battery. On a basic level, if a remote only needed one battery it would only take one, its not like the TV company is getting kickbacks from duracell.

This JUST came up with xbox and their controllers as the reason why they are still using AAs
https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/7/22219137/xbox-duracell-battery-partnership-rumor-debunked

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I don't know what thread this goes in but I thought this was neat

https://youtu.be/vjjshcZoQxw

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Len posted:

That was mesmerizing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Otana posted:

That was mesmerizing.

Right, I'm not sure why youtube pulled a year old video into my recommendeds this morning but I was there for it.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
That pool is gonna be a mosquito orgy in a week.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qnv78oLEiz1r0uzl6.mp4

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Really not the ending I was expecting.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

rydiafan posted:

Really not the ending I was expecting.

I was expecting some sort of sex toy to result from all that uselessness.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

wesleywillis posted:

I was expecting some sort of sex toy to result from all that uselessness.

I thought they'd eat the corn.

Didn't realize what thread I was in.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Lifehackers make do.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Shai-Hulud posted:

I like how the videos devolves into "Just buy this "Seen on TV!" poo poo idg" halfway through and after that ist just "Dump Aloe Vera on anything"

The aloe part was basically the lifehack version of "Sideshow Bob steps on rakes" gag.

Len posted:

This is awesome, apparently they've done a lot of projects like this. I'm skeptical about how much was really done by hand since the wall of the main room appears to have rocks cleanly cut flush with the surface.

double edit, not sure how awesome it really is because apparently fraudulent primitive survival channels on YouTube are pretty common.

GWBBQ has a new favorite as of 07:48 on Feb 2, 2021

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I do appreciate the speed and content of the water slide part at the end giving off serious 8mm home movie vibes, regardless.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
That corn video has very strong Kiwami Japan energy.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

GWBBQ posted:

The aloe part was basically the lifehack version of "Sideshow Bob steps on rakes" gag.

This is awesome, apparently they've done a lot of projects like this. I'm skeptical about how much was really done by hand since the wall of the main room appears to have rocks cleanly cut flush with the surface.

double edit, not sure how awesome it really is because apparently fraudulent primitive survival channels on YouTube are pretty common.

When that Primitive Technology chan took off years ago a bunch of content farms found cheap labour who could build low tech things. So they pay them bugger all in the hopes of making youtube gold. :capitalism:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

packetmantis posted:

That corn video has very strong Kiwami Japan energy.

World's sharpest corn knife (may contain up to 20% corn)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sound on
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_pg819lH8Dk1s3yhog_720.mp4

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.
Watched the corn video and got angry, then suddenly realized that yes, you do have a great big wodge of useless silicone after youre done making your limited run of pearlescent corn dildos with googly eyes in or whatever, and you might as well use it for something-- in essence, c(o)untry artists make do. 10/10, this was a journey.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

You found one, the one that doesn't just make me super angry. Those are all kind of cute and could be used at a party for children

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not sure why the soundtrack is trying to induce an anxiety attack though.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Len posted:

You found one, the one that doesn't just make me super angry. Those are all kind of cute and could be used at a party for children

yeah like i could see sticking them in a kid's lunchbox too if you're a little bit but not too much of a tryhard

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Was this music made with machine learning or something? What in the hell?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

SpacePig posted:

Was this music made with machine learning or something? What in the hell?

It was made by the famous band Seizure! At the Piano.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I too put on my CD of Yoshi Bossfights to set the mood for cooking.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL1r2lWj9Vo
On the topic of bad lifehack music...

EDIT: also, see if you can find the step which would ruin it if you followed it as presented!

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

axolotl farmer posted:

I too put on my CD of Yoshi Bossfights to set the mood for cooking.

I thought of the same thing. It's like the royalty free version of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWyc4YCsnWY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012

In the spirit of lifehacks, reusing content that someone else made already, in this case the Cute thread.