Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Kohler LED nightlight toilet seat is sneaky good for peeing in the dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

madeintaipei posted:

Sock donner.

'Ardly knew 'er!

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

garfield hentai posted:

any craftsmen itt?

needs to include a pressure sensor that plays the "A NEW HAND HAS TOUCHED THE BEACO" audio when sat on. Volume doubled at night

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

arsenicCatnip posted:

needs to include a pressure sensor that plays the "A NEW rear end HAS TOUCHED THE BEACO" audio when sat on. Volume doubled at night

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
watch this burrito Hack at 4 mins in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI6vN55wawo&t=243s

Omg later on a hack is to fill a bag full of peanuts at five guys

moist turtleneck has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Feb 2, 2023

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

One of his fast food hacks in that video is to buy groceries.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

moist turtleneck posted:

Just eat the soft taco and save an additional $3 :psyduck:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Iron Crowned posted:

But then it wouldn't be a hack? :confused:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

SpacePig posted:

But then it wouldn't be a hack? :confused:

Anywhere that guy is filming there's a hack

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Iron Crowned posted:

A single taco isn't much at Chipotle. The taco meal that costs the same as a burrito is three tacos.
This hack hit it big enough that Chipotle stopped allowing people to order single tacos online, so if you want to do this you have to look the line worker in the face and do it.

Eta: I didn't have sound on originally, I thought his hack was the single taco with double meat (which is still cheaper than a burrito). But just a single taco in a bigger tortilla is pretty sad actually.

Humerus has a new favorite as of 19:21 on Feb 2, 2023

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Instead of ordering a meal, order three different items with substitutions and hope to God there aren't any fuckups

This hack will save you 11 cents at McDonald's and now there's egg juice all over your car seat

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

LPT order a small coffee at Starbucks and it will be cheaper than the larger sizes!

https://www.rather-be-shopping.com/blog/starbucks-menu-secrets/

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Hey I tested this out and it turns out they're right: ordering cheaper things and looking for any discounts or combo deals on the website does save money! Better get on this quick though, I'm sure the restaurants will be making some changes when they realise how they're being taken advantage of!

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

COPE 27 posted:

LPT order a small coffee at Starbucks and it will be cheaper than the larger sizes!

https://www.rather-be-shopping.com/blog/starbucks-menu-secrets/

As a former (non-Starbucks) barista, :argh:

The biggest lies:

• that the staff just hands out cups for free,
• that Starbucks is where “real coffee aficionados” go,
• that gas cans are 0.2 gallons,
• that “the first 1.5 inches of [steamed] milk are free”,
• that there’s no upcharge for no/light ice,
• that a cup of concentrated tea will be delicious without being properly diluted, and
• that they haven’t had a thousand people try these and similar “hacks” so when you ask for your frap and two extra cups they won’t add extra ice or they’ll be just fine with you emptying the communal creamer over your dumbass coffee monstrosity in the wrong cup

Yes, I am care and real mad. Don’t put people through this when they get fired for unionizing.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Yeah also a former sbux and this poo poo would drive me crazy.

I would be the first person to give out a free meal if someone was homeless/forgot their wallet, etc. But the amount of smugness from the tiktok customers was just unbearable and I would follow the rules 100% out of pettiness.

Every single day I had a venti extra hot soy bone dry cappuccino split in to 2 cups from the most miserable person, and every day I would hand her the venti drink and an empty tall cup and brace for impact.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Busket Posket posted:

As a former (non-Starbucks) barista, :argh:

The biggest lies:

• that a cup of concentrated tea will be delicious without being properly diluted, and

One day when I ordered my iced tea, the barista asked if I wanted water. I said no because I thought he was offering a separate cup of water? Turns out I like the concentrated tea way more, so this one is pretty legit for me.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Food service doesn't get paid enough to deal with secret menu bullshit. Just order off the menu you dicks

Not like y'all but the type of people that do this

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can I get, uhhhhhhh, large coffee?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

There's a lot of deals at 7-11 that are technically one-per-customer but like, if you just keep ringing them up as new transactions the deal can be applied again and again. I know I'm not supposed to be doing this, but... well, like, in a legitimate case, suppose the customer bought a 2-for-1 deal, finished their transaction, but they decided they wanted two more? The system won't let me ring up two in one transaction without the discount being applied. Shrug!

e: (I am a cashier monkey at a 7-11)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Be nice to a service person and they will bend over backwards to give you whatever the hell you want. Be mean to them and they will follow the rules as strictly as possible while wishing for your slow and painful death.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Relyssa posted:

Be nice to a service person and they will bend over backwards to give you whatever the hell you want.

What? I certainly hope this isn't true.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What? I certainly hope this isn't true.

If you're nice and there's a way to bend the rules to get you something, a lot of service people will do it. I've gotten employee discounts and compped drinks and coupons I didn't even know about just for having a nice conversation with someone who's having a bad day and has a few minutes to vent.

That said, don't force it; if there's a line, just GTFO.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Neito posted:

If you're nice and there's a way to bend the rules to get you something, a lot of service people will do it. I've gotten employee discounts and compped drinks and coupons I didn't even know about just for having a nice conversation with someone who's having a bad day and has a few minutes to vent.

That said, don't force it; if there's a line, just GTFO.

Well I'm Finnish so I think everyone should be just decent enough to not be rude, all of the time. If they're not, how will you be able to tell the normal people from Christians, donation-seekers, perverts, and loonatics?

e: whoops mega-repeated myself there at the end but still.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Well I'm Finnish so I think everyone should be just decent enough to not be rude, all of the time. If they're not, how will you be able to tell the normal people from Christians, donation-seekers, perverts, and loonatics?

Allow me to add:

(Previous advice only applies to Americans)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If I ask "could I have the cheeseburger without mustard" and they say "no", I know all is right in the world.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If I ask "could I have the cheeseburger without mustard" and they say "no", I know all is right in the world.

An apocryphal Russian teenager, working in McDonalds immediately after the fall of the soviet union: "They should be nice to Us! We're the ones with the burgers!"

Finland: "You know what, yeah!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

An apocryphal Russian teenager, working in McDonalds immediately after the fall of the soviet union: "They should be nice to Us! We're the ones with the burgers!"

Finland: "You know what, yeah!"

We got our first McDonalds two years after Russia.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

I am a cashier and can confirm that if you're nice I'll do so much for you but if you're a dick at all I'm going to enforce the rules so much

Like you have no idea how many rules and policies I can enforce

That two-for-one deal only applies one per customer motherfucker

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

credburn posted:

That’s an impossible paradox and must be a misprint. Ringing at normal price.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

credburn posted:

I am a cashier and can confirm that if you're nice I'll do so much for you but if you're a dick at all I'm going to enforce the rules so much

Like you have no idea how many rules and policies I can enforce

Can I just get my swisher man

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
handy fishing trick:
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rpvi9kt8LB1uk10e9.mp4

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

Pretty convenient cut to showing the perfect and plump finished burrito, especially considering the single taco didn't even fully fill the bowl before it was dumped.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mice getting in your chicken feed????
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rou3qno0ax1w5pr9j.mp4

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was about to ask whether it doubles as a chicken asphyxiator and welp.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Thats how our most dickheaded hen got decapitated, ran up to my grandad while he was lifting some patio slabs to scrat at the grubs underneath, then pecked my.grandad on the hand really hard. He recoiled and the slab slipped and landed on her neck. Rip Jet, you were a Vicious, egg eating git but you let me hold and pet you occasionally in between pecking peoples fingers.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Mice already can’t get to my chicken feed.

drat, I love having chooks. They eat kitchen scraps and bugs to give me eggs. They make super fertilizing manure to toss in the compost and gardens. Stuff is better than any store-bought plant food. And they’re the cutest animal in the world.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like the biggest obstacle to getting at chicken feed would be the chickens, vicious little bastards.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rregulOvdN1r0uzl6.mp4

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

I had never heard this term before Bandit used it as a sort of insult in an episode of Bluey, and I seriously had to Google it to be sure it wasn't a slur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Emily Spinach posted:

I had never heard this term before Bandit used it as a sort of insult in an episode of Bluey, and I seriously had to Google it to be sure it wasn't a slur.

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA

chooks are great, i love mine but christ they're so goddamned stupid