Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What does this even achieve that an ordinary kettle doesn't?

This is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Tiggum posted:

An idiot's justification for spending too much on a lovely coffee maker.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Meatwave posted:

An idiot's justification for spending too much on a lovely coffee maker.

My roommate got one for Christmas and I love it but on my own I would not have paid for this when I can get a coffee maker for literally $2 at Goodwill

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

razorrozar posted:

My roommate got one for Christmas and I love it but on my own I would not have paid for this when I can get a coffee maker for literally $2 at Goodwill

I'm a coffee maker company and I HATE this.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

Actually this idea owns

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Gotta love those 'hacks' that are all "Are you such an alcoholic that you absolutely must take beer or vodka to every single event or get the shakes? Here's how you can hide the booze!"

Like, dude, it's just a sporting event. If you need a beer to enjoy it then maybe watch from home where you can get drunk and pass out by yourself.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Little Blue Couch posted:

Actually this idea owns

In what manner can a person eat an oreo that it creates a mess?

Is supposed to be a joke I thought?

Morpheus posted:

Gotta love those 'hacks' that are all "Are you such an alcoholic that you absolutely must take beer or vodka to every single event or get the shakes? Here's how you can hide the booze!"

Like, dude, it's just a sporting event. If you need a beer to enjoy it then maybe watch from home where you can get drunk and pass out by yourself.

Yea I thought that coke can one was an awful lot of trouble to go to for one beer...

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Tiggum posted:

The giant stack of disposable cups behind the coffeemaker suggests that this Keurig is not owned by the person making the ramen, which in turn suggests that other methods of acquiring boiling water might not have been available.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

Sinking Ship posted:

In what manner can a person eat an oreo that it creates a mess?

It keeps your fingers dry.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

razorrozar posted:

Yeah, my wife got two for free, one from a raffle and another from our wedding shower. She keeps one at home and one at her office job. It's convenient when you just need a cup of really hot water but don't want to take the time to boil water on the stove. Not worth the money, but if you have one, why not use it?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

It keeps your fingers dry.

:ssh: use a napkin like a normal person

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

razorrozar posted:

This dude, just standing alone at his kitchen counter doing the dunk

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Every time I watch this, it seems like the kid's head snaps forward more and more violently.

And, unless they thoroughly wash the vacuum cleaner or they have a separate vacuum cleaner for hair styling, the kid's hair's going to be covered in fluff and dirt from the floors.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Finally! I've been looking for ways to discreetly hide my bottles of urine on the go!

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

hey darren, it's pretty hosed up that all you eat for lunch is a baguette

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

This one just looks like pictures from one of those "Craft time with your kids" things you see in parenting magazines.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

Schlinky posted:

Back about 12 years ago, Australia aired a TV series called Life Support. The basic premise was mocking lifestyle television shows in general, including dispensing handy hints on improving your daily life. Such advice included switching labels on wine bottles to prevent others drinking it at dinner parties, dressing up as a chef so you could walk around with knives or voluntarily electrocuting yourself at clubs so you can 'dance'.

Sadly there's not a huge amount on Youtube anymore, but there's some here and there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0eCGmWUxXg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMuOvE940KE

I can't be arsed clicking those links right now, but I had such a hard-on for the blonde(?) chick on that show.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Automatic Retard posted:

I can't be arsed clicking those links right now, but I had such a hard-on for the blonde(?) chick on that show.

Life hack: I clicked the video and the foreign DIY comedy show was really good, you should arse yourself to rewatch them both.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

In fact, here's some more Life Support:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBcLarzg1Pg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Xup0HnsKY

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Stottie Kyek posted:

And, unless they thoroughly wash the vacuum cleaner or they have a separate vacuum cleaner for hair styling, the kid's hair's going to be covered in fluff and dirt from the floors.
Also it looks like they didn't get all the hair, and what they did get isn't evenly pulled back so the whole thing looks sloppy.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Automatic Retard posted:

Life-hack: posting your sexual preferences on forums is a surefire way to get laid!

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Besesoth posted:

The giant stack of disposable cups behind the coffeemaker suggests that this Keurig is not owned by the person making the ramen, which in turn suggests that other methods of acquiring boiling water might not have been available.

I can vouch for this, my old office had a Keurig but no other source of hot water so I'd use it to make tea.

Can't imagine being so lazy you can't boil water at home, though.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Stottie Kyek posted:

And this technique doesn't get all the hair into a ponytail and the hair it does get it doesn't get evenly, so it looks all sloppy. The kid probably redid the ponytail herself as soon as the camera was turned off.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Can't imagine being so lazy you can't boil water at home, though.

Assuming you have a Keurig that's turned on 24/7 anyways what difference does it make?

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I think the most important thing is that of course you can get hot water out of a single-serve coffee machine. Its the same as if someone made a lifehack: "Need near-boiling water for something? Use the hot water tap on your water cooler! Don't have a water cooler? Use on-demand hot water tap you installed on your sink!" Its using an appliance for the exact purpose it was built.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

razorrozar posted:

The forks are usually about as close to the oreos as the napkins are! We can go round and round about this all day, I'm just saying try it sometime

edit: it also allows for more effective dunking in narrow cups

Little Blue Couch has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Jul 14, 2014

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Brocktoon posted:

Finally! I've been looking for ways to discreetly hide my bottles of urine on the go!

No, you fool, it's a mobile bread-warming device. Pee in the bottle and wrap the bread around the bottle to make your sandwich nice and toasty. Makes the butter really soft and lavish.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
Lol @ 'boiling water on the stove'. Get with the 20th century and get electric kettles...

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The forks are usually about as close to the oreos as the napkins are! We can go round and round about this all day, I'm just saying try it sometime

edit: it also allows for more effective dunking in narrow cups

Couldn't you just like, not dip them all the way in so your fingers stay dry?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Ewan posted:

Lol @ 'boiling water on the stove'. Get with the 20th century and get electric kettles...
Get with the 21st century and use keurig coffeemakers. :smug:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Ewan posted:

They both take like five minutes to boil water, so I guess if you want more appliances...

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Magic Hate Ball posted:

They both take like five minutes to boil water, so I guess if you want more appliances...
Ok, I guess I should rephrase to "get with the 20th century and get 230V mains so your electric kettles don't take 5 minutes to boil".

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

cowboythreespeech posted:

Seriously. I never get fries at McDick's for that reason. I wanted some a few weeks back (because I thought nuggets wouldn't be filling enough) and I asked for them to downsize them from the medium that usually comes in the combo to a small. Nope, can't do that. So I got the medium. Barely made it through half of it before my lips were dried out. I have no idea how anyone can eat a large or extra-large without their tongue shrivelling.

e: obviously there's just as much sodium in their burgers and nuggets and whatever. It's just not as... I dunno, offensive. I don't avoid the fries for health reasons; if that was the case I wouldn't eat fast-food at all.

I put more salt (and pepper) on fast food fries :geno:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Morpheus posted:

It's more like certain places like ballparks and concerts want to charge you 47 dollars for a beer so there's a cottage industry in sneaking alcohol to get around it.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Turn your toaster sideways and stick cheese on the upside to make grilled cheese!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Oh, and no redemption, by the way.

I don't know if this is incredibly brilliant or incredibly stupid. It's one or the other, though, and there is no in-between.

Some of these are so purposely bad it's great.

Thanks, Mr. Duck!

And this one is so great I feel ashamed putting it in here:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

This one is very useful tho

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

trickybiscuits posted:

And this one is so great I feel ashamed putting it in here:

That's because it's Keith Apicary.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
That bury a dead dog over someone you bury is pretty clever but who's going to believe 16 dogs all got buried in the same area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Hollismason posted:

That bury a dead dog over someone you bury is pretty clever but who's going to believe 16 dogs all got buried in the same area?
Bury your victims in a pet cemetery.