Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

Kevlar Beard posted:

Does anyone know if this works for a Kindle Fire? It's not in the amazon store.

It does, but you'll have to get it from the play store, which requires root.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joshie
Oct 29, 2001

MAYOR OF PIGTOWN
I like that I was able to play this for an extremely long time before running into an energy problem. Pretty entertaining.

Joshie fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jul 13, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

MPLS to NOLA posted:

there doesn't seem to be any benefit to keeping a strong defense. You tank your own rating but you get to do revenge fights against relatively easy players with whatever arena buffs you've built up (including +glory!!!) and you don't lose your streak if you don't win.

Think I will try this. My defense team isn't good enough to stay in a better weekly reward bracket than bottom anyway.

e: One question, do monsters lose their awakening status when they evolve?

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jul 13, 2014

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
In as Minrad, scratching that Pokemon itch for free :toot:

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Largepotato posted:

e: One question, do monsters lose their awakening status when they evolve?

Nope, once you awaken a monster it stays that way.

Got a fire Grim Reaper out of Unknown scrolls when I realized I had twenty of them and started burning them. He's gonna team up with my fire magical archer and turn secret dungeons into a big old AoE party.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
I was clearing all the junk monsters out my box space and erased my fairy ooops.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
I don't know if the loot gods are favoring me but with x10 scrolls I managed to get x3 3 star fire summons, some inferno, a fire wear-wolf, and some anime cat.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I caved in and got a blue Angelmon pack.

Managed to pull the following (some are not in that ranking chart):
-Nine-tailed Fox (Red) (4*)
-Vampire (Yellow) (4*)
-Bounty Hunter (3*). I guess that means I don't have to bother with special event.
-Griffon (Blue) (3*)
-Allen (Blue) (3* awakened)
-2x Salamander (Red) (3*)
-2x Bearman (Red and Yellow) (3*)
-Epikion Priest (Yellow) (3*)
-Vagabond (3*) (Red)

EDIT: Combined with my current team:
-Blue Fairy (4* right now)
-Blue Warbear (3*)
-That light hawk that is gifted near start
-Red hellhound (3* right now)

Any recommendations on team setups? And which 3* to evolve next? (I suspect bounty hunter)

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 13, 2014

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Can I just say that time limited deals are the dumbest poo poo ever? I was going to buy the starter pack after I played the game some but I can't anymore. I'm not going to dump money in your game before I even get to play past the first world.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
In as TheJibo. Someone send me friend requests as the pubbies I'm hitting up aren't taking it. :(

E: Also I'm willing to drop the 5 bucks or whatever to start a guild if no one has already.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 13, 2014

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
In as Mehap. I'm enjoying this game so far, the whole rune system helps alleviate the need for high summons immediately. And I think I learned from Brave Frontier to spend as little as possible.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

what does being in a guild actually get you?

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
I think it's just a chat room right now.

e: Bought a Mystical Scroll for 128k from the shop, now I don't have enough mana to use it :saddowns:

Pollyzoid fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 13, 2014

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Anyone else having an issue where the game won't login and just hangs at the "Touch to Start" screen...?

Only way I've gotten around it is reinstalling once and it worked fine and still had my game saved but it's doing it again and I'd rather not spend 20 minutes installing each time I want to play it

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
I'm in this as coldbirdSA, added myself to the google doc. Seems pretty polished for a new release game, and there's a lot of the convenience options available (autobattle, increase fight speed) that you would expect from a game that's been around much longer. Runs fairly well, and the English is understandable.

I doubt I'll put much money into this but if anyone wants to add me then feel free to use my sorry little healer or swole hellhound.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Went ahead and made us a guild. Feel free to join The Goon Squad.

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Do any of you know if it's possible to leave a guild? I can't find a button for it anywhere.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

On guild, go to guild member, scroll to bottom, leave is there.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Hey so make sure if you are joining the guild that you are on the goon spreadsheet for this because holy crap I made the guild and like 30 minutes later had 50 requests to join.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Jibo posted:

Hey so make sure if you are joining the guild that you are on the goon spreadsheet for this because holy crap I made the guild and like 30 minutes later had 50 requests to join.

I just applied as DontMindMee.

Also make sure you join "The Goon Squad" and not "Goon Squad".

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

DontMindMe posted:

I just applied as DontMindMee.

Also make sure you join "The Goon Squad" and not "Goon Squad".

Yeah some nerds scored Goon Squad before us. If someone has a better alternative name then I'm up to suggestions.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Man it really is hard to fight the later bosses without DoTs. If you don't have dots then you have to bring a defense breaker who might not even defense break. Wish I had a ninja...

Erinyes
Jun 1, 2007

the sound and the fury
Joined as Utaoutau - is the $5 starter pack worth it? Seems like it would be a nice boost from the get go.

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer
It's alright, just a warning that the 12h xp boost is applied immediately.

e: I'm wrong read below.

zeesik fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 14, 2014

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

zeesik posted:

It's alright, just a warning that the 12h xp boost is applied immediately.

It looks like it's only applied when getting it from the mail. Mine is still in the mailbox (over 24 hours now). So if you don't have time you can do that.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
What are these dungeons that people keep finding?

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Is it better to buy mystical scrolls or do the gem summons? I want the most bang for my buck.

zeesik
Nov 30, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Sirbloody posted:

It looks like it's only applied when getting it from the mail. Mine is still in the mailbox (over 24 hours now). So if you don't have time you can do that.

Oh nice, didn't know that.

I've heard that people have more success with gem summons, but I haven't seen any evidence.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Runes must not factor into matchmaking at all. I'm just getting utterly destroyed no matter who I'm attacking / defending against. :psyduck:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Sirbloody posted:

Is it better to buy mystical scrolls or do the gem summons? I want the most bang for my buck.

You get more mystical scrolls, but people are reporting better results with crystal summons. I got my 4* vampire from crystal

Zotix fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 14, 2014

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
In as moonshinerhyme, add me bros. Seems like a fun little game, completely shits on my battery life though.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Jibo posted:

Went ahead and made us a guild. Feel free to join The Goon Squad.

I've sent a request a couple of times with no luck.

Gonna have 750 crystals later today; I'm not convinced (nor is the subreddit as far as I can tell) they're any better than mystic scrolls but the delta is small enough that I figure I'll give it a shot.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I updated the OP with a few useful links at the bottom, as well as put the guild info in.

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Because I like my chances I bought the 11 mystical scroll pack and pulled

4*
-Wind Ninja
-Awakened Kungen fire bear guy

3*
-Water bearman, fairy, serpent , inugami
-Wind X2 bounty hunter, inugami, martial cat,
-Fire High elemental

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Grats on the ninja. That's a good pick up. Speaking of ninja, just did a crystal summon and snagged a water ninja.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 14, 2014

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Zotix posted:

Grats on the ninja. That's a good pick up. Speaking of ninja, just did a crystal summon and snagged a water ninja.

I have no idea who to use for a team now. I need a good healer.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Post an image of your monster box. You should have a fairy, use fairy for your healer.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Does this game require a Wi-Fi connection because I haven't been able to play on my phone all day.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

There are issues with android phones on their wireless connection currently. The devs are aware and are working on a solution. Play on Wi-Fi if you can for now. I have verizon and run into issues on 4g, but it's still playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Here is my team. I have a 12 experience boost saved.

• Locked thread