Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Started playing as Largepotato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

MPLS to NOLA posted:

there doesn't seem to be any benefit to keeping a strong defense. You tank your own rating but you get to do revenge fights against relatively easy players with whatever arena buffs you've built up (including +glory!!!) and you don't lose your streak if you don't win.

Think I will try this. My defense team isn't good enough to stay in a better weekly reward bracket than bottom anyway.

e: One question, do monsters lose their awakening status when they evolve?

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jul 13, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
What are these dungeons that people keep finding?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Is there any list of 2* monsters that can be worth evolving?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Have you guys noticed easier opponents with less ranking? Because from the bombardment I've been getting I'm around 450 and everyone in my lists are still 900+ with maybe 2 below 800.

The main reason to use a crap defense is so weaker players can defeat your team and you can retaliate them for glory.

e: just got a 2* rainbow angelmon while farming Mt Siz hard for xp on my fire team. :toot:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Better * runes have higher stats on their main attribute.

You don't need hellhounds of fire to increase skills. A water or wind hellhound will increase them as well.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
An experience angelmon needs to be awakened to get the bonus.

Basically awaken it and dump in an +exp building until it gets to level 15, then feed. That's assuming they aren't worth the effort of evolving to max level 2*.

Rainbow Angelmons are used for evolving 3*s.

Evolving you just need monsters of the same star number. The amount of monsters you need corresponds to the star number.

1, 3, 5 runes always give the same stat, so just get one of the highest star rating.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

zeesik posted:

I think that the awakened wind yeti has an heal ability for the entire party, but that's it from that group. Vikings I just don't find good enough, same with salamanders and garudas. So, no not missing anything.

The fire viking starts at 3* and is good on arena attack. Easy to level up skills with the 2* from other elements too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Angelmon: Used for leveling up. You can feed them right away for a little boost, or feed the angelmon trash and max it to level 15, and then feed it out to something for a bigger exp boost. Remember to feed same color to same color.

One small correction. The Angelmon needs to be awakened to get the bonus experience for same element.

Also the best way to level them up is to dump them in one of the experience buildings for a few until they get to 15.

• Locked thread