Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
I don't know if its just me but I have a terrible time making decisions in this game. Not being able to fully tell for sure which monster is better than the next makes me really finicky about making any big decisions.

You awakened a monster you regret? Well gotta wait til that dungeon is available again in a week to farm the resources.
Thought a monster was useless and used it as exp? Better pray to the RNG gods to get it again.
Thought you found a good monster gave it runes and powered them up and realized it wasn't worth it? There goes some good runes and mana.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game and I understand that its still very new but I just have the worst time trying to decide if something is worth it in this game. Like if there was a list that had best tanks in descending order, hard hitters, support, AOEs, healers and such would be awesome for me and maybe other people as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007

MMOs & Welfare posted:

Try this one, from the OP: http://imgur.com/a/e4MXB

I read that it is a little outdated but it hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Yeah I've been using that to get a general idea but my question is how exactly are they graded? Like is a fire golem a better tank than a water serpent? Even though the water serpent is graded higher it doesn't have the barrier passive like the fire golem.

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
Someone went through the game files and ripped all the images.

http://imgur.com/a/qFjFD

Some interesting stuff
-Possibly another currency, Gold
-Another event type called Explore
-Several new cool looking monsters

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
So I finally got a Fire Inugami a couple days ago. I've heard so much about how awesome it is yet I really don't see what the big deal with it is. I've been running wind secret dungeons with it today to get a ton of mana and after about the 4th stage he can no longer oneshot enemies. I've got him at lvl 29 4*'d with over 680 attack. Is he only useful with a group that does nothing but AOEs? Do I have to awaken him to really see the power?

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
:siren: New Event - Today Only(25th) :siren:

Angelmon and Devilmon dungeons are up.
Double Mana from rewards
Double Exp
Free Rune Removal
Energy Bonus - Get 2x50 energy during the day.

Devilmon gives a skillup. Only use it on rare monsters.
Angelmon are used for evolving.
Seems kinda crappy, I think you only get 1 angelmon and 1 devilmon.

Ayndin posted:

He's decent when normal, but becomes crazy bullshit good when awakened - his first attack will sometimes multihit for straight up 2x+ (yes, it can multihit more than once - 6 was my record, oneshotting a hell boss) damage. It gives him really strong burst potential.

Does the proc chance increase on skill up?

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
So I've got my main group of 8 monsters 4*'d and awakened the ones I want. I'd like to make a few of them 5*s but the amount of work to do that just makes me want to give up.

In interesting news the korean servers have the Fusion building unlocked. I was hoping for something of worthwhile but for now it looks really bad. Fusion allows for you to create a specific monster using a combination of other monsters. Theres only 4 possible monsters available right now. All of the fusions require 4 Awakened specific monsters.

For example, one of the recipes is for a 4* Wind Nine-tailed Fox.
It requires a 4*Wind Harpy, 4*Wind Amazon, 4*Fire Elemental and 4* Water Garuda. They all have to be awakened and lvl 30 plus 100K mana. Theres also a recipe for the 5* Water Phoenix which requires 4 5* monsters.

To me that just sounds like an awful deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007

Niton posted:

Since the Mana Stone rewards are actually pretty okay (~1500 for 5 energy), I think i'll see if I can make this work.

Thats actually really low for mana rewards. Secret dungeons after stage 5 can give 3000+ and they only cost 3 energy.

• Locked thread