Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
In as TheJibo. Someone send me friend requests as the pubbies I'm hitting up aren't taking it. :(

E: Also I'm willing to drop the 5 bucks or whatever to start a guild if no one has already.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Went ahead and made us a guild. Feel free to join The Goon Squad.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Hey so make sure if you are joining the guild that you are on the goon spreadsheet for this because holy crap I made the guild and like 30 minutes later had 50 requests to join.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

DontMindMe posted:

I just applied as DontMindMee.

Also make sure you join "The Goon Squad" and not "Goon Squad".

Yeah some nerds scored Goon Squad before us. If someone has a better alternative name then I'm up to suggestions.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ayndin posted:

I've sent a request a couple of times with no luck.

Gonna have 750 crystals later today; I'm not convinced (nor is the subreddit as far as I can tell) they're any better than mystic scrolls but the delta is small enough that I figure I'll give it a shot.

Ha ha, your's was one of the names I kept thinking was a SA name but for whatever reason kept skipping it over. Got you added and about an hour ago it should be up to date. Anyone else want to be a guild leader to help find these?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Weird, it doesn't seem to drain much at all on my iPad Air but I've been getting a lot of cases of the game crashing and closing out completely for no real reason that I can tell. It's made getting an arena streak almost impossible.

Also, is there an easy/cheap source of junk 3 star dudes to use to evolve the 3 star dudes I use? I just about capped out my whole team of 3 star guys and have like maybe enough to evolve one of them and I don't want to blow gems or whatever to pull my evo material.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah so they don't offer any kind of way to increase guild capacity at this point and we're already at capacity.

The good news is that guilds are 100% useless since as far as I can tell you can't get secret dungeons from guild members and you can't get social points either.

Also I'm getting a little frustrated with the game. I've done so many basic summons and friend point summons and have only ever gotten one 3 star dude that way. I did a gem summon and have gotten two mystic scrolls and got 3 stars that way so I was able to evolve one of my 3 star guys but everyone else is just chilling at level 25 with no hope of evolving. So I'm just kind of running B2 and B3 over and over without gaining experience in the daily dungeon to get awakening mats and hoping that the occasional summon scroll I get will give me something other than a 1 or 2 star silver monster.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Yeah, I am getting crushed into the ground in pvp due to a lack of decent summons/sterotypical poo poo that I see most other people rolling with. Someone said something about Thursday, are they tweaking the values on summons?

Yeah PVP is totally hosed. I need to start blowing all my mana on fancy runes I think because I keep getting rolled hard by teams I should be way better than.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Philosopher King posted:

Are you guys absolutely positive bosses drop off dungeon runs? I've run the same boss fight about 100 times now and yay for a sackload of runes but not a single boss drop. Do I have to run it on the harder modes?

I still have no idea what I should save to level and what I should fuse. I'm sitting on as many monsters as I can until I find out.

I just got the boss for the first region to drop a couple of hours ago so yeah they do. I ran it about 15 times on Hard.

Also my luck seems to fluctuate so wildly in this dang game. After days of getting nothing but silver star fodder from my summons, yesterday about 50% of my builds were 3 stars (nothing good but good for evos) and I got a mystic scroll that in a dungeon that gave me a Sylphid which is doing pretty good for me. Now today I'm back to only fodder. Like I've done a ton of builds and have only gotten like two not silver star monsters. Oh well.

Also I'm a big dummy and just figured out today what the whole Bingo thing was.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Tsurupettan posted:

My Hellhound is 3* and L25. I'm going to awaken him next. Do you guys feel it is worth it to make him 4*? I've almost got a third fodder 3* to evo with again. My Fairy is already 4*.

e: Remember to add as many friends as you can! I just got 5 wind archer pieces from a goon having that secret dungeon up.

I evolved and awakened him and god drat he is like the best thing I have right now even if he is a total glass cannon. But then I also haven't gotten anything really good yet and was able to get each of his abilities up to level 3.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So has anyone actually gotten the desired result from tanking their arena score? I've been ~300 all week and am now at straight up 1 point and I'm still only pulling down people with at least 700 points but mostly in the area of 1000 with higher summoner levels than me and significantly stronger monsters. Also I find it odd that the only people fighting my level 1 one star feeder dude are all like level 20-22 for some reason.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Eh, I feel like the energy regens quick enough as it is if you're not going to sit there and try to play the game for like hours on end.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ayndin posted:

I'm running awakened fire reaper/awakened fire inugami/fire magic archer/awakened water howl/something for most b4s (I haven't bothered trying water for this yet). It works pretty well - the damage output is so high that you can drop the keepers without having to deal with too much of their assorted bullshit. The AI is pretty dumb about who to target though so I tend to have to run the boss on manual. Reaper has an ability which will prevent healing, too, so he's extra nice for wind.

That said prepare for lovely droprates anyway - you'll get a decent amount of mids running B4, but still plenty of scrolls and lows. I've yet to see a high in 20+ runs today, which is a pain in the rear end given I need 10 of them.

B5 is about the same as B4 (at least for wind), except that the towers are faster, so unless you have a very fast team, they will get a chance to go before you can kill the attack debuff one. I'd seriously consider bringing two dispellers; once you can focus on the boss with normal-strength attacks he's not too bad.

When running on automatic you can tap whatever you want to target and your team will focus on that.

I've been running 3s and 4s on auto for a while now and I can honestly say I can't see a difference in drop rates between the two. However 4s will occasionally beat my team on auto so I don't do those anymore.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ayndin posted:

:aaaaa: I had no idea - when I'd tried doing this when I first started playing it didn't seem to work, so I assumed it wasn't in. Maybe I'm bad at tapping poo poo.

It can be a little finicky, at least it is on my iPad, but you'll get a handy reddish targeting circle around the enemy when your group is targeting it. It doesn't stop them from blowing group attacks though but it makes focusing down bosses easier if that's your team's thing.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I randomly got a Mystic Scroll as a gift from com2us yesterday and cracked a blue vampire, today a Mystic Scroll dropped from B3 Giant dungeon and I got a Fire Epikion Priest. One of them that I picked up from the shop gave me a blue Sylphid. So far I've gotten 3 four star dudes from 6 Mystic Scrolls.

Also for some reason the event page is saying I've only spent 20 energy when my max is 51 and I've drained it completely just in the last couple hours.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Floppy Dingo posted:

How is it people get enough money to buy those rare scrolls? Are you using the cash shop? I seem to play several times a day and never break 50k mana stones. I just got to the mountains and they seem pretty hard, even with level 20-ish monsters with all level 6 fatal / blade runes for attack/crit.

Edit: Also gently caress whoever found this martial cat dungeon. I've wanted a good wind attacker for a while and this one seems solid (even though it's an animu furry thing), but it takes 40 creature shards at 5 energy each. 200 energy for a freaking catgirl waifu to slaughter my enemies. I can't make it past stage 4 because they all attack so fast and spam this double-hit stun move.

On the upside I did just get some kind of HP water bearman monster who's awakened skill is a passive 25% damage soak. Seems nice. The more hp he has the harder he hits, and his basic attack stuns.

God I need a better healer than this fairy. *Crosses fingers for a water howl*

You have to buy some of the bigger packages in the cash shop to make it worth using gems to get mana to buy scrolls over just using gems to summon units. Bingo, quests, and selling junk runes will get you decent money eventually.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So either this event is hosed or they have some weird idea of what noon is because it's 7:45 PM EST and my energy is still capped for progress and I'm still getting double exp and regular mana.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ayndin posted:

It seems higher on higher difficulty levels. I've gotten enough Golem drops to max skill my first Golem (which was also a drop), for example, while running various stage 2 levels for better Fatal runes in Hard/Hell.

I've probably run the boss ~60 times on Hard and still haven't gotten a single Golem. :sigh: I'm working on getting the fire werewolf now and that's not faring much better but at least I already had one to begin with.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Jibo posted:

I've probably run the boss ~60 times on Hard and still haven't gotten a single Golem. :sigh: I'm working on getting the fire werewolf now and that's not faring much better but at least I already had one to begin with.

Quoting myself to say immediately after posting this this happened:

:toot:

Not even sure if I need it now that I have an awakened 4 star fire werewolf.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Zeezik, your Phoenix is insane. He helped me clear the last level in the volcano

Yeah, it gave me the edge I needed to get my final volcano stage clear too. Also holy hell Sirbloody has what appears to be a five star natural monster and it wrecks.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I keep saying when I have some extra cash sitting around I'll spend some money on this game but people are not building consumer confidence. :(

E: I never got into Puzzles and Dragons but I remember from DoT one of the things I liked was that if I'm up late playing it and have been drinking then I can spend some money and get some decent event units even if they are only really good for like a week. It's something that I feel like is missing from this, the option to just straight up buy yourself something good.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Converse41 posted:

Halls of Magic, it definitely spawns mystic scrolls

I've gotten two so far! Never mad about getting a scroll if it's mystical.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

B1GGY posted:

Yeah fighting two priests is never fun, I say keep em both.

And the last spot of Goon Squad was just given to somebody else.. :smith: You should've added me Jibo, I'd have the best arena rank and level in the entire guild. And there's three people who haven't even been on in over a week! Oh well, I guess I'm gonna start my own then. :smith:

For what it's worth there is literally no point in being in a guild. Hopefully they will let us expand the roster if they add in any guild features.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

m.hache posted:

Is there a trick to getting lower fire essence that I'm missing? I keep getting Mids/scrolls at level 2 dungeon.

Well you could always go back down to 1. :v:

Seriously though I get plenty of lows in level four dungeons so just tough it out and realize that you are going to have to do way more runs than you want to get what you need.

On a related note, I've been cruising through level 4 dungeons and fuuuuuck the fire dungeon is like impossible at level 4 becaue I can't burn that bomb tower down fast enough and it wipes my team. If I didn't insist on having it run on autopilot I would be fine because I could use my fire priest shield right before it goes off but I'm too lazy for that.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
:toot:

I'm at 8 Mystic Scrolls used, four 3 star monsters, three 4 star monsters, and one 5 star monster. I don't know why everyone is complaining about the drop rates. :v:

Seriously though, RE wind monsters. I have like ~10 wind Inugami's saved up from farming Swift runes. My other 3 star wind people are awakened war bear, and mystic archer. Should I be trying to raise these inugamis or should I use them as fodder?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Annexed posted:

The werewolf is a serious loving rear end in a top hat. I've gone against teams where I couldn't even put a dent in him.

I have a 5 star awakened fire werewolf and he is absurd. Give him HP and Speed and he becomes an autowin in a lot of situations. Not so much for an offensive arena team though because once they are down to one mon he will struggle to keep up with a tower pushing out 2000+ damage but on defense and in a lot of dungeons he can absolutely win it for you.

I really wish I had a fire Phoenix to pair him with though.

Also, weird question but does the sixth rune slot and/or Rage runes have some kind of block on spawning with crit chance up? I've been running the area for the 6th slot rage rune for about a week now and have probably sold around 300 of them without getting a single one that raises crit chance. It's kind of a poo poo rune otherwise but I wanted to experiment with Rage runes on my Oracle at 100% crit chance and I just need ~15% more crit chance to get there.

E: Just saw on the wiki that crit rate can only go in the 4 slot. Boooo

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So the wish machine gave me a rune today. A sixth slot blue blade rune with Attack as the main atribute and Crit % and Attack % as the secondary attributes. It may not be the best or most practical monster but my fire Oracle now has 101% crit chance when she's the leader and she hits twice as hard at 31 as my fire Inugami does at 25 (around 2,400 - 3,000 total on Wind Golems).

Also got a mystical scroll in the shop today for the first time in like a week and cracked it open for a Fire Living Armor. Not sure if it's good but it looks interesting. All of it's attacks are buffed by defense and his passive gives him HP based on his defense as well.

E: I realize that exact numbers are not so great because holy crap defense and stuff causes some major fluctations. I've been playing around with her and seem to do anywhere between 3,000 to 6,000 depending on the target.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 8, 2014

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Mysticblade posted:

Well, I pulled two rainbow angelmon's in a row off a hard mode run of the forest. Not sure if that's normal or not.

Any tips on farming mana as well? I'm ready to rank up my 2*'s but I need more mana,

I guess the new special dungeon is decent for mana but I made most of mine by not buying everything in sight, running Hard (and eventually Hell) levels over and over selling off all the junk runes that will accumulate.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Deadly Chlorine posted:

Not sure if matchmaking became more lovely or I just have bad units, hardly can win against any of the matchmaked people now.

The matchmaking is lovely but I feel like it's at least partially influenced by your ranking in the previous week. It could just be confirmation bias but I feel like when I do somewhat well one week I get harder stuff the next week which then tanks my rating and I end up with easier matchups the week after that. I've had kind of a cycle going on.

Also, how are people's NPC arena matches? I've pretty much reached the point where I have trouble beating any of them because they all have mid 30s awakened monsters.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

m.hache posted:

So how many Unknown Scrolls do you guys have?

I'm at 108.

I've been kind of burnt out on this for the last couple of days so I've just been letting it autorun level 4 element dungeons and special dungeons and they are kind of building up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've gone ahead and passed guild leadership to Ayndin as he/she was the only one on this morning when I checked in. I don't really intend to fully stop playing but I haven't been able to motivate myself to actually play this for 4 days.

• Locked thread