Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
Any chance the guild can go higher than 30 people? Kinda sucks for the new people :(

Is it worth it to get that newbie package or not really? Payday coming up and if it helps I might as well if it's worthwhile.

I said come in! posted:

These type of games are typically trash, but Summoner War has proven to be the exception. This has very reasonable, in fact barely noticeable gameplay restrictions. At least at first, and the difficulty and grinding feels just right.

10 minutes between energy blips is always way too long, 5 minutes lets you feel like you can actually accomplish something after an hour or two. The autobattle feels great (and the speed up is fantastic). Being able to level up your runes makes even low quality stuff seem much more useful. It's like someone took the game idea out of my head and slapped it into this game with a few extra tweaks, not complaining though!

FraudulentEconomics fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
Heads up to anyone wanting to get in on this, there's a new event happening that rewards you for leveling up from July 17th until August 7th. It's not retroactive (gently caress you I wanted those 80 gems!) but this is a NICE headstart for anyone new. Level 7 gives 30 gems, 10 gives 50, 15 gives 100 energy (note: your energy CAN pass your normal max if you get it from like the fountain or whatnot), 20 gives a rare summon scroll, 23 is 100k gems, and 25 is 100 gems.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Duxwig posted:

Another one, Def% or Def # initially? I'd think # as you wouldnt be decked out for % to make that much difference? When does % become more useful?

Just looking at math, %'s will beat out flat numbers at the high end, but if you have a choice of 3% defense or 5 defense with say... 100 base defense. You get 3 from 3% and 5 from flat. If you're not going to take it up very high, I'd go with flat. If you're going to bring runes to +9 or higher, you most definitely want percents.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
What is everyone buying with glory? I bought a 3-5 scroll but not sure if I should buy energy regeneration or more energy?

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

zeesik posted:

I think that the awakened wind yeti has an heal ability for the entire party, but that's it from that group. Vikings I just don't find good enough, same with salamanders and garudas. So, no not missing anything.

Wind yeti does indeed have an aoe heal. I've actually had really good success with the red vanguard because he has an aoe taunt that hosed me up in the arena. I Also got an awakened low elemental from summons and when it's fully skilled it's actually a bit of an rear end in a top hat. Otherwise I lucked out with an awakened wind chick on another summon so I have two healer girls who have nice effects (her awakened skill is an attack that does 30% more damage for each negative effect on the target, I've crit bosses for almost 4k). Gotta awaken my howl next.

Another pro for the vanguard is his main damage skill scales off of his max hp, so he's just a tremendous beefcake and still hits fairly well.

Game is fuckin dope.

FraudulentEconomics fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 21, 2014

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Niton posted:

Thanks for this, my Faerie is now permanently riding the bench, because that's a huge deal when you're tanking with an 8K hp monster.

I found the Faeries to be more combat support than anything resembling a healer honestly. % based heals are absolutely bonkers when you have well runed monsters wrecking poo poo. In the desert area with Gryphons as basic monsters, I was screaming at the game because they'd just spam their speed up ability and get 2-3 turns for every 1 of mine. I eventually just snagged a friendly goon's high power fire monster and WRECKED it. It's really funny how certain levels are just really mean to you. Volcano 1 is another one of those, waiting on a few awakenings before I try that again (or at least finishing it before the 23rd for that sweet sweet bingo).

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Sexual Aluminum posted:

What do the different colors on the stars for our summons mean? Is purple good? I got a Huga with a scroll, but he is only 3 stars.

Purple = Awakened and you just saved a bunch of time farming awakening materials for it. Do you know what Huga's base unit is? I got an awakened Faerie through a scroll and it was baller.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I'm not sure. He looks like a fat Viking and has an axe? His abilities are attack three times in a row and has a passive ability of +10% crit and +25% crit damage. I guess load crit runes on him? He is blue if that matters.

Blue Viking, he's a fairly common 3* monster. I don't think crit damage runes are worth it until you can shove your crit rates through the roof, so for now I'd do ATK and Crit runes for more general damage. I have a bounty hunter that does crit damage and crit chance runes, while he crits things FACES clean off (like 3k sometimes), his normal attacks are slightly lacking for me and I will eventually switch him over to just ATK runes.

Zotix posted:

Save up 1000 crystals, and buy the 2.1m mana pack. That is the most efficient use of crystals for summoning.

I can do a LOT of pointless poo poo with 2.1 million mana. I guess another question with this is how many of the shop slots do you have unlocked at any given time? I unlocked two or three, but should I unlock the whole bunch of em?

Edit: I'm finding that a LOT of monsters are really iffy for the most part, but a good portion of them work nicely while you're still trying to build up your teams.

A quick rundown of good things you can get earlyish:

Fire
Inugami (fire wolf, farmed from the Volcano) - Fatal + Blade/Energy, has the same skill bosses do that lets them do something else after they kill something, and it's basic attack has a chance to chain off of itself. It's crazy. Volcano is a bit far off, but this guy is AWESOME and farmable.
Harpu (summoned or bought) - Fatal + Energy, fire pseudo healer that buffs attack and heals AoE when awakened.
Hellhound (fire wolf thing, initial monster) - Swift + Blade/Energy, stupid quick attacker and has an incredible buff when awakened that raises attack and crit.
Elemental (summoned or bought) - Fatal + Energy/Blade, It's skill deals more damage based on how much HP the target has, which makes it a HILARIOUS tank-buster. Awakened has 50% more crit damage too.

Water
Low Elemental (Summoned, won, and bought) - Fatal + Energy/Blade, Before you say HEY THAT'S A 1* MONSTER, I know. I got mine awakened (which has a 15% hp bonus, not bad) at 2* and checked the recommendations on him. I have him at 3*s right now and he's a very VERY solid water monster. His skill is an almost certain defense debuff on whatever you hit, and his basic attack can lower the target's attack. Build him with Focus runes if you really want to make him a debuff monster. He's solid, plus if he comes to you pre-awakened, that's just even better.
Fairy (starter) - Fatal + Energy, Starter again is really great, especially when awakened for its sleep ability. Think of it as more of a support healer than anything else, single target heals are really just good for emergencies.
Howl (Ghost lookin thing, bought or summoned) Swift + Energy, Insane healer once awakened. Basic heal gives 20% to itself and a target, basic attack gives it 20% of its attack bar back, and awakened gives it an AoE DISPEL AND HEAL. IN THAT ORDER. THAT MEANS gently caress YOU NO HEALING DEBUFF.

Wind
Imp (Summoned or bought) - Swift + Blade, This guy is a sleeper like no other. You could do fatal runes with him as well, but he's naturally quick and why not just augment the poo poo out of it? His basic attack gives a speed boost on crit, his first skill has a higher crit chance, and his awakened skill is an AoE. He can hit hard and quick, just protect him somewhat.
Yeti (Summoned or bought) - Swift + Energy, Believe it or not, this is wind's AoE healer! YES. A yeti is the healer wind deserves. That's really all to write about him though.
Werebear (Summoned or bought) - Energyx3, Nominal tank due to his 30% self heal and defense buff, not to mention his attack deals more damage with more health you have (Max HP, not current). Awakened though, he gets a skill called Clean Shot that takes all the damage you just took that last turn, and then you deal it to something else. Bonus if you kill something with it (you probably will) you get another turn.

Mostly everything is useful thankfully, but others do the job a lot better than others. If you want MUST HAVES, Water Howl, Wind Imp, Fire Inugami, and Fire Hellhound are incredible.

FraudulentEconomics fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 21, 2014

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
I have a hauntingly severe lack of water DPS units. Fire is solid (if not glassy) and wind is nigh perfect right now. But I have almost ZERO water offense (in fact I can barely beat Volcano 2 if I run a third healer via friends or some massively overpowered fire unit like the two archangels I had on my list) and it's getting to me in the worst way possible. I'm coming up on 750 gems, do I get the scroll package or do I get the mana? I understand that mana works out to be better in the long run, but I'm getting a bit desperate.

And of course, as I type this, I get a water Inugami from a random battle. Guess that works to shore up my offense a bit.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Erinyes posted:

So from the looks of everyone's boxes, everyone seems to have an entire roster of highly leveled/evolved monsters. I've been grinding away at normal dungeons, but I'm stuck at Talain Forest's boss (for example) and have to repeatedly grind the stage before until my team is able to take on the boss.

Is there some secret I'm missing to make this process easier or do I really just need to stick to the grind & continue to power-up using EXP fodder?

Powering up really only helps if you do it super early on, and try to limit your powering up to same species or 1* monsters. You get a good amount of experience from bonus dungeons, hard difficulty (if you're capable of doing the first stage on hard, that's a NICE easy one), and just blasting through the game. I didn't hit a substantial hiccup until I got to the Volcano. Feel free to post your lineup and I'm sure we can help you build some teams and let you know what to keep and what to use as evolution fodder.

Runes help BIGTIME too, anything you use regularly will benefit massively from a full set of runes (again, ask and ye shall receive) at +3 because you get at minimum a little HP, more attack, and more defense. Get some lucky rolls on your runes in the 2/4/6 slots and you can get crazy poo poo like +speed or hp% or atk%. Usually unless a monster says something like "This skill is more powerful the higher the users defense is (like Golems)" you normally want to stray away from anything not those 3 things. Crit chance % and crit damage % are also solid, but those are more specific (and if you've played Diablo 3 any, you know the value of crit is actually that % times the crit damage % worth of attack).

FraudulentEconomics fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 22, 2014

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm a weirdo and I love the concept of some of the 'ultra weak' creatures being surprisingly strong or valuable when invested in.

Also I can't beat Volcano 5 Normal, those loving goat things or whatever hit like trucks. :negative:

I'm stuck on 3 personally. Too much loving AoE and I've yet to skill up my awakened Howl's AoE heal yet (which will PROBABLY make it doable). I'm 10 wins away from finishing my bingo sheet though (and hopefully I'll get a fire Inugami during that as well) and I still have the 100 energy leftover from the previous bingo. Maybe I'll get lucky with that scroll they're giving out for a full sheet and I'll get some 5* or whatever. Probably won't happen, but hey! You never know.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

m.hache posted:

What the hell, I'll bite.

Lost so much time to Brave Frontier. Hopefully this doesn't become a massive slog like that game did.

IGN: Deckar

Less of a slog in the sense that even at higher levels (talking 25+ account level which is probably the equivalent of 70 or 80 in BF) you don't have to wait forever to do anything and fusing isn't the only way to level your units. Multiple abilities makes it fun too and there's a reason to use almost everything in the game. Star levels are the new evolution materials and awakening uses other currency altogether. Paying to win doesn't really exist unless you are a MASSIVE whale.

Seriously people shove 300 bucks into the mystic lottery and get maybe 2 or 3 advanced units.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
Note to self: Stop attacking arena teams with water epikon priests. Just lost to one who got her passive every single time I hit her. That poo poo is dumb.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
Crystals really are worthless beyond shop slots and getting a 3* monster with some luck via bonus dungeons. I'd buy some and some element scrolls if the rates didn't suck so massively hard. I've unlocked my shop fully and will most likely use gems for mana (seriously 2.1 million for 1k gems ain't bad, 140k for a mystic scroll plus 10k to summon still puts you 600k up on mana after 10 summons.)

Throwing money at brave frontier at least gave you better chances at 4*s.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Notty posted:

In as NottyRose. Wasn't expecting to like a cellphone game, but this is pretty rad.

Any tips to farming Awakening materials when the specific element dungeons aren't up? It can't just be 'run Hall of Magic' until your eyes bleed, right?

...Right? :ohdear:

Bide your time until the elemental dungeon pops up honestly, you should farm whatever benefits you the most at a given time (Right now I'm trying for atk% slot 6 fatal runes for my main attackers) since I don't feel like farming the magic dungeon yet. Once the fire dungeon comes up again and I can get enough materials for my fire Inugami, then I'll worry about the magic dungeon.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
I have a really mean setup going on right now. Core is awakened fire hellhound and fire inugami. Hellhound buffs, inugami team ups, and generally something dies. Next turn hellhound double attacks something for 5k on water targets and 8k for wind targets. Using a water fairy and wind fairy to support it. Water isn't awakened yet but wind is and if the defense debuff lands on anything her skill CRUSHES that target. For PvE I swap the water fairy for an awakened water howl. Dealing with two things on the opening round of combat is insane.

Seriously farm a fire inugami though. He's so loving good. Even unawakened his ability to kill and keep on killing is invaluable. I shudder to think what happens when he's awakened.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I'm hearing rumblings they may increase drop rates of 4 and 5 star summons from gems and mystical scrolls. Anyone know more about this?

While I desperately want a natural 4 or 5 star critter of my own, I kinda like having them really really rare.

I'm saving most of my summons until this allegedly happens. It was on their forums but god only knows if they'll ever make good on that.

While I'm at is, why is it so goddamn hard to get small magic essences? I do magic dungeon level 3 and all I get are fire/wind/water smalls, magic mediums/larges. It's loving annoying.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

m.hache posted:

I am so unbelievably Mana gem starved in this game. I also managed to pull a 4* succubus so she is the next character I'll be power leveling. She can heal herself while attacking, sleep a target and her leadership skill is 20% boost to HP in the arena.

I've found bloodsucking to be so incredibly lackluster in terms of usefulness. Sure it's great to patch up light wounds, but I haven't seen it in any capacity that allows it to be insane yet. My sort of tier listing for stats would probably be Effect RES = HP = Attack > Speed > Defense > Crit = Crit Damage > Effect ACC. Effect resistance is actually hilariously potent but you don't want to sacrifice other stats for it. And there was a good read on how effect accuracy works earlier in the page too. Certain monsters (like awakened fire elementals) benefit more from crit and (wind imp/most amazons/magical archers) crit damage because of overly inflated critical hit rates.

Really though, if you have the right moves set up on your monsters (such as a bunch of team up abilities, like one arena team rudely introduced me to), you can handle most threats before they're problematic. Right now I don't run into much I can't just begin hunt my way through. God bless that little loving fire hellhound.

REDACTED

FraudulentEconomics fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 28, 2014

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Rapner posted:

Where do people farm for mana and XP? Right now I'm stuck on the area where the howls drop, so I've been farming there as the mana is good and I'd like to level my howls.

Try your hand at Hard mode for the first area if you can, it's 1 more energy but the equivalent is roughly that of the Volcano. It's not that hard either and you may start getting some 3* energy runes which can really shore up your squad.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Rapner posted:

What the hell does 'get 7 bonus chances' mean on these new deals?

You have 7 chances to "win" extra stuff for buying those crystal packages. Basically flip a coin and if you win you get bonus crap for the same thing. The daily deals are infinitely better as they're always guaranteed and give you GOOD bonuses.

Edit: Apparently a new 4* dungeon is coming out this week for a few days, Water Rakshasa or whatever it's called. Looks fairly good and it's a farmable 4* so looks like I'll be investing into this. Abilities are a attack speed reduction, constant damage on crit, and stun if something has 3 negative effects on it + 50% damage heal. Awakening it gives 15% more crit. So it looks like a 6* crit rune with 40% crit damage will set you up for massive damage.

FraudulentEconomics fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 29, 2014

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

m.hache posted:

Ok so I'm having a hell of a time figuring out which 3* summons that are worth keeping around and which ones I should fodder to evolve my others.

I just got a 3* Griffon. Should he replace my Hell Hound?

The hellhound hits like a truck but is made of glass. Make him faster than your main team, awaken him, and proceed to wreck poo poo with his attack and crit buff for your team. If you're really not sure about a summon, give it a shot. Slap some 1* runes on it to see how it works and if you like it, use it.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
1k crystals turned into 2.1 million mana stones. Booyah. Upgraded my two main damage dealers' runes to +9 and now they're rapetrains. My Hellhound is probably next on the upgrade bus. I'm happy with my awakened status right now so I think I'm gonna burn energy leveling up some more before I worry about that new dungeon coming soon.

Time to find a nice triple wind monster level and let my Hellhound and Raoq duo everything under the sun.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
Just finished faimon and used my scroll. Please tell me the dark mystic witch is good!

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

m.hache posted:

Well, I just found out I also have a 2* wind imp and a 2* viking.

As of now I think a full wind team would look like:

Bounty Hunter
Imp
Viking
????

I also have a Pixie, Garuda, High Elemental and a Elemental to choose from. Not sure how I want to compose this team.

If you can get it, the Wind Fairy awakened is pretty great on a high debuff team. Her awakened skill deals 30% more damage for each weakening effect on the target. I've had it crit for 5k on a fire monster before. Bonus, she can be a clutch heal to keep you in the game a bit longer while still contributing. The Bounty Hunter is solid but he's too balanced to be a super useful attacker. He's mostly combat support and attrition damage. His Purifying Arrow is extremely clutch when you're trying to take down an Epikon Priest, but honestly you're better off with an attack buffed awakened imp using hurricane swing to outright kill it.

My Arena team right now is Raoq (Awakened Fire Inugami), Seiq (Awakened Fire Hellhound), Awakened Wind Fairy, and Ralph (Awakened Wind Imp). First I use Begin Hunt, then team-up on the first non-water priority target (and usually kill it) then hope for a defense debuff on the next target. Next Ralph goes and one-shots nearly any water monster with Hurrican Swing. That thing is absolutely BONKERS. I thought it would be a nice AoE clearing tool but it's just a super powerful single target attack that also happens to hit everything else once after the fact. The Wind Fairy is just there as a clutch heal and until I awaken my Water Fairy. Unless I get outsped AND outgunned, I never lose. Ralph is capable of one-shotting even 4* maxed Epikon Priests. He's great.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Jibo posted:

:toot:

I'm at 8 Mystic Scrolls used, four 3 star monsters, three 4 star monsters, and one 5 star monster. I don't know why everyone is complaining about the drop rates. :v:

Seriously though, RE wind monsters. I have like ~10 wind Inugami's saved up from farming Swift runes. My other 3 star wind people are awakened war bear, and mystic archer. Should I be trying to raise these inugamis or should I use them as fodder?

Save 6 of them for a Fire Inugami and use the rest to evolve poo poo. I think the fire Inugami only needs that many to max out its skills and you're golden. Also gently caress you for good luck, I've used about 10 mystic scrolls and never gotten anything higher than 3* though I'm pretty sure Oracles are very... interesting. Let us know how her abilities feel.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Niton posted:

So, I don't really understand how Speed works in the Arena.

I have an Ellin with 133 Speed, with a +24% Arena speed leader. My opponent has a Water Sylph with 104 speed, with a +19% Speed skill.

Both times, his Water Sylph moved before any of my units, including his own 110 speed Seeq.

What's going on with that?

I believe only base stats are displayed on the preview. So it's entirely possible they had runes set up to make the slyph go first. This is why you can get trolled by low star monsters with extremely high quality runes.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
Finally got a natural 4*

Fire Pierret

Wat do?

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Tsurupettan posted:

Celebrate, it's good.

I think I found my reason to awaken my magical archer too. Inugami hellhound, archer, and Pierret wreck squad. 30% more attack power is good right?

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

explosivo posted:

Is it best to get to 5* before awakening? I like the game but the progression confuses the poo poo out of me.

Awakening is independent of evolving. There is no order and they're different things. They have no effect on another.

You can have a 6* not be awakened and you can awaken a 1* low elemental.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
^^^^^^^^^^

Fire Viking is an rear end in a top hat and can steal epikon priest shields when awakened.

m.hache posted:

gently caress Volcano level 6. I just can't see a way to do this now without spending gems to revive. I'll get to round 3 with all of my guys up but they all have faster attack speed and OHKO my team between the stuns and damage output.

Water Howl, try focusing targets down, use awakened hellhound to crank your damage, focus on surviving above all else. Do energy runes if necessary.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

inkmoth posted:

Yeah, I wrote that before I ever tried him out.

He's pretty cool, and I'm still farming runes for him. While giants sound cool eventually, I still need to beat volcano on regular so I can say I beat the story

Better start farming for a dark elemental too. He's pretty baller for max level giants. Just gotta make your way through the levels, that's the part I think is actually most difficult.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Lorem ipsum posted:

I wouldn't drop either. I only have a fire hellhound (4* awakened) and the thing is an absolute beast capable of 6k damage at once with some regularity. I've heard the fire inugami might be even better, but honestly the hellhound's awakened buff is really good and really easy to awaken.

They work fairly well with each other if you have the space. Make the hellhound go first, and you can typically wreck upwards of 2 wind monsters in the arena or an entire stage in dungeons with an awakened Inugami's multi-attack. The buff is REALLY good and makes your team much more dangerous. I run (all awakened) my water fairy, wind imp, fire hellhound, and fire inugami on mine, and about the only thing that beats me is a team faster than me (loving speed leaders can suck a dick).

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

m.hache posted:

Well, I've currently got an awakened Water Fairy, Fire E. Priest, 4* Pierrot (he wrecks poo poo with his AoE), and a blank spot. I've been using the hound to boost my pierrots attack.

I think I might drop the Fairy for the Inugami to push out some more DPS. She's a good healer/support but for Arenas E.Priest with her AoE invulnerability seems too stronk.

Honestly with a Fire Epikon, you really don't need a healer if you play it right. Certain team setups WILL kill you with that though, since it's only 1 turn of invulnerability and if you all attack BEFORE your enemies, you're SOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...

Duxwig posted:

Speaking of imps, what's the deal with everyone wanting water Imp for giants? People were talking about pouring Crit into him and his dots. The only DOT I see is the awoken version skill 3? And why would you dump Crit in him vs the giant? Is it just a DOT'er to have for the boss if you don't have any?

Late game bosses have so much health that it's impossible to actually deal that much raw damage. So high constant damage rates are vital to killing them. Water imp has a multiple application, basically get 7 3 turn ones on a boss and it dies in 3 turns. Get 10 and it's two turns. Wind Ninja is the king of this though, his one attack throws a potential 6 of those DoTs onto something.

• Locked thread