Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

This game is pretty cool. It reminds me of something I'd buy on like a DS. Just a DS, not a 3DS. :v: I'm TsuruSA in game, add me.

Also I've already seen loving wolf RPers in the chat channels. God drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Should I replace my Garuda with a 3* Reaper? My team right now is the starting fairy, serpent, garuda and the hellhound (I was told to keep this, evolve it and learn to love it).

e: I also just got a Bounty Hunter but I don't see him on the charts.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 17, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Zotix posted:

Bounty hunter was added at the beginning of the month, after the chart was made.

Oh okay, thanks! I also just realized there are five spots once I started doing the Cairos dungeons, so I guess I'll use both of these and drop Garuda. Bounty Hunter has a cool buff for crits and defense.

There a good way to catch my new guys up fast?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The big elementals and the wind ghost things in Hydeni's Destruction map do bullshit damage. :smith:

e: Got another free 3-5* summon, got a 4* Fire Pierret. It's the very bottom of the 'tier list' pictures for 4*s, but... It's still 4*. My 5 man team right now is Fairy (who I can evo soon), Grim Reaper, Serpent, Bounty Hunter and 3* Hellhound. Who should I be replacing?

e2: Here's what I have right now for 3-4*s. I don't care about Garuda, it's rear end. Going to be used to evo my fairy. Dunno about the rest.

e3: And now I have a fire inferno. I'm thinknig Blue Fairy/Red Pierret/Yellow Reaper/Hellhound as a basis and then one of these three: Red Bounty Hunter (crit/def buff), Red Inferno (def debuff and guaranteed stun once awakened), Serpent (tanky as heck, -attack gauge can be nice). My fear with the red inferno or red bounty hunter is that I will have a very soft team and it will be heavy on red damage.

e4: Maybe I'd use the Warbear as my tanky unit since he'd hit ridiculously loving hard with Thrash and energy runes. gently caress this game is hard to make decisions in!

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 17, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Philosopher King posted:

Are you guys absolutely positive bosses drop off dungeon runs? I've run the same boss fight about 100 times now and yay for a sackload of runes but not a single boss drop. Do I have to run it on the harder modes?

What boss are you fighting and what monster are you looking for? Check the drops for that region.

e: I know how you feel, I'm having such a hard time deciding what to keep and what to put in my team. So many loving choices! THat's a good thing.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Bell_ posted:

I think they drop *something* but I can't guarantee it will always be a copy of themselves. The ice zone tends to drop water howls, and the first forest drops the water inugami that's also the boss. I haven't seen any of the others drop yet.

I got my water bear from Ragon and my wind high elemental from Kabir.

Philosopher King posted:

I tried the first 3 boss fights a few dozen times to no success. Should I just continue on and finish the story or do I need to grind out some good monsters first?

Do the story until you get stuck and then grind up your monsters or grind out a few good ones if your team is poo poo. What do you actually have right now?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Philosopher King posted:

Blue Fairy, Garuda (light?), Harpy, Hellhound, Vagabond, Howl, Maned Boar, Fire Elemental, Yeti.

That is it for all my 3 and 2 stars. First 3 are 3 stars.

It is weird though because I think these 1 star guys can go all the way up to 6 stars so I have no idea what to toss.

In as BlumpkinSA but I can't open google docs to add it from where I am.

I just added you to the sheet.

Hellhound is regarded as pretty great early on and worth awakening (gets a nice buff) and evolving. His double attack hits crazy hard.

Howls are strong support monsters from what I'm told, though I don't have one.

Garuda is kind of sucky and I just used mine to evolve my Fairy. :v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Water Bear lies. :smith: Or I am just reading it wrong. Says Thrash deals 50% of your max hp in damage. It's more like 10%ish. I mean I expect defense to factor into reducing it but it's still way off what I'd expect just from reading Thrash.

e: That's interesting, didn'tknow you could pull stuff like this:

Not something I'd use, but hey, it's cool that you can pull things pre-awakened.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 17, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Philosopher King posted:

Does an awakened unit retain its awaken status if you choose to evolve it?

Yes. I awoke my Fairy and then evolved it.

e: oh man, the wind serpent from Tamor looks like an amazing tank vs fire and wind Griffon looks fantastic to replace my wind Reaper.

e2: Anyone know what 'set rep monster' does in the monster menu?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 17, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My Hellhound is 3* and L25. I'm going to awaken him next. Do you guys feel it is worth it to make him 4*? I've almost got a third fodder 3* to evo with again. My Fairy is already 4*.

e: Remember to add as many friends as you can! I just got 5 wind archer pieces from a goon having that secret dungeon up.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 18, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Where are you guys getting extra fire Hellhounds to raise his skills? I saw a water hellhound in the store once but that's it.

Also what's the difference between 1-3* runes? I have a 1* rune that's sick as hell, and then a 3* rune that's like... a pathetic amount of hp and that's it. And then some that are vice versa.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Thanks for the info. So is it worth it putting together single color teams? I have five or six great fire monsters and it'd do ridiculous damage and crit constantly but then I'd run into water monsters and... :smithicide:

e: In retrospect it's at least worth having that kind of team for dungeons that only feature one color.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 18, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Annexed posted:

Gold 1 stars can be safely fed away right?

Also how are people leveling up their monsters. I don't seem to get that much exp when doing battles. My mons just seem to level super slow.

I slowly sub in new monsters while grinding the highest exp value stage from whatever I need the bingo on that I can safely do on autoplay. Like right now I'm doing Tamor Normal East a billion times. :v:

e: It might change later for me but right now I feel exp boosts aren't worth it. Maybe when I need to catch 5*/6*s in levels.

e2: Thank you merchant. :v:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 18, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

drat, this game gets loving real at Faimon Volcano. :v: I need another good water unit to run in my team so it's all water, or just do it 5-6 times a day off the back of friend's units.

e: I guess I will farm up a water howl.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 19, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Acidix posted:

I'm having a weird issue. I can connect via Wifi, but when I try to connect via 4g, I can't. Has anyone encountered this before?

I can't either, actually. I tried to play on the road yesterday and it just didn't loving work at all.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Bell_ posted:

This is useful for finding a good rune to complete that set bonus, but it's also important because while odd-slotted runes always have the same primary ability, Slot 2/4/6 runes can spawn with a variety of primary abilities, which is where heavy OCD farming takes place later in the game.

For reference, slot 1 is +attack, 3 is +def, 5 is +hp.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The 'tier list' really favors the fire griffon but I have mine almost max leveled and I'm not really feeling it. Is there something I'm missing? I want to put a red team together now that I finally got my Harpu, so I'm trying to figure out what to put in it between:

Pierret, Griffon, Harpu, Inferno, Bounty Hunter, Inugami, Hellhound, and I have most of the fire archer pieces.

Inugami and Pierret are shoe-ins obviously and Harpu adds some much needed defensive sustain, but the rest I'm at a loss. Hellhound still hits like a fuckin' truck though and the buff will work very nicely for everyone else.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

For supports that heal percentage-based HP like Fire Harpu and Water Howl, what runes are you putting on them? Energy, with a focus on defense and hp?

I got a rainbow angel thing and not sure what to do with it.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 20, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Xeerot posted:

By any chance are the people having this issue using T-Mobile? I am only able to connect via wifi or through a vpn/proxy and am using T-Mobile. There was a discussion about it on reddit awhile back and it seems that T-Mobile phones are being blocked by the server for whatever reason. Link to the discussion here.

Yes I am on T-Mobile too.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Whichever of you has the ice pierret, that unit loving owns holy poo poo. I wish I had one to replace my serpent.

By the way, second stage of the volcano seems like the easiest to farm. I can't autoplay it still but it feels less threatening than the rest. All water team of course, ideally bring in a friend with a strong water unit unless yours are all great. You can also bring in a non-water/non-wind unit but make sure it's tough as loving nails (like this guy's fire archangel or phoenix) because it will get dogpiled.

Tsurupettan posted:

For supports that heal percentage-based HP like Fire Harpu and Water Howl, what runes are you putting on them? Energy, with a focus on defense and hp?

Also anyone?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 20, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

What are you guys doing with your crystals? I wasted some on individual summons at the start because I'm an idiot, but now I am just saving up to 810 and then blowing them on the premium pack or whatever has the 11x scrolls. I'm keeping 60 extra so that when I hit 50 stamina, if an important secret dungeon appears I can guarantee 20 pieces from it via refreshing.

e: Also do you guys think evoing Fire Hellhound, Water Howl and Fire Harpu to 4* might be worth it? I'm ending up with a glut of unwanted 3*s and rainbow angelings.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Zotix posted:

Swiftness/ Energy. Slot 2: + speed, slot 4: hp% or speed, Slot 6, hp% or speed.

Find a nice balance. My blue howl is at like 150 speed, and 8.5k HP which is working out well.

Holy poo poo this is so good, I got mine L25 and awakened and just got the basic set of runes in it (nothing fancy farmed up, just filling slots) and it gets like, multiple turns every round and it's loving awesome. I'm definitely keeping the fairy because of her CC and damage output, but drat this thing is great.

Good enough to auto-play farm the second Volcano stage.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Sittin' around the house, playing the game. Lose network connection at the end of the dungeon. Resend data? Sure.

Oh, what's that? You don't have any loving match data? And you ate my stamina anyway? And you've done it three times in a row? :mad: Seriously what the gently caress, this happens way too much. I'm not even on mobile, I'm on my home network.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Zotix posted:

Public Service Announcement:

Wind Imp, level him, evolve him, awaken him. Use him offensively in arena
Wind Pixie, level her, evolve her, awaken her. Use her defensively in arena.

What and why, for those of us who lack them?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Zotix posted:

Wind imp is a monster offensively when skilled up. Pixie is a monster defensively with the debuffs. Both are 2* monsters. Easy to awaken.

Oh poo poo I actually have a wind pixie. Those skills are absurd. What runes would you put on? Focus/Energy/Energy for Spirit Ball success rates and to counter Resistances (assuming that's how Resistance works) on Decelerate?

Annexed posted:

Awakings carry over after evo right?

Yes.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

2* monster chat: We've identified some great ones in recent posts just due to their unique and powerful abilities. I'm trying to clean up my monster collection. I have a bunch of RBY Yetis, Salamanders, Vikings and Garudas. They all seem pretty bad. Same with the Vagabonds which I don't have. Are there any gems here I am missing?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Is there a way to re roll? Or does everyone start out with the same critters?

You always start with the same critters, no rerolling. Fairy is really good, Hellhound is really good, Vagabond is meh and Garuda is meh.

Also speaking of how good the Hellhound is, his buff is the sickest thing ever and unless I find a better version of it from a naturally higher *'d monster, I can't see myself replacing him. I'm going to evo him to 4* and keep him. He's completely max skilled now, he just needs me to sperg over his runes.

With his buff up my fairy's sleep crit for 4.5k, his double attack totaled a 4.7k crit, and my Fire Pierret's single target nailed a water monster for 2.3k. :v:

e: lmfao he just murdered a water monster for 4k damage hellhound is loving stupid.

e2: Water howl's single target heal cleanses debuffs first and then heals so you can heal through those heal-disrupting debuffs.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 21, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Got a water Mystic Witch from unknown scrolls. Not on the tier list. Seems like it'd be great on offense in the arena since it has a +21% damage-in-arena leader skill. Basic attack is a DOT, second removes buffs and blocks buffs being applied, awaken skill partially fills team's attack gauge and adds attack power and defense.

I wonder if damage buffs like this would stack with Sieq's?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm a weirdo and I love the concept of some of the 'ultra weak' creatures being surprisingly strong or valuable when invested in.

Also I can't beat Volcano 5 Normal, those loving goat things or whatever hit like trucks. :negative:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

FraudulentEconomics posted:

I'm stuck on 3 personally. Too much loving AoE and I've yet to skill up my awakened Howl's AoE heal yet (which will PROBABLY make it doable). I'm 10 wins away from finishing my bingo sheet though (and hopefully I'll get a fire Inugami during that as well) and I still have the 100 energy leftover from the previous bingo. Maybe I'll get lucky with that scroll they're giving out for a full sheet and I'll get some 5* or whatever. Probably won't happen, but hey! You never know.

Water Howl was the difference between me autoplay farming stage 2 and needing to carefully play through it with a friend leader. That poo poo is really good. I evolved mine to 4* because of how good it is.

Realistically I think anything I consider 'decent to good' for my monsters are going to end up 4*s. It's really easy to evolve them to 4*, it's hard to evolve past that due to availability in trash to use for evoing.

e: Aside from the gameplay systems I am really happy with how generous this game is with the IAP currency (I feel like I get around 30 a day at least?), and the energy system. If I want to grind, because of the energy drops in dungeons, I can get like 25-30 runs out of 50 energy rather than 16. If not I'll just rapidly dump it all in the daily dungeon/magic dungeon.

e2: I can't wait to get out of the phase where I am actively buying monsters from the shop to skill up mine. Pixies, fairies, warbears, etc. Gotta buy that poo poo! :v: Where are you guys making your money? I'm just selling the runes I get from farming the Volcano. Only 9 more fairies to max skill mine! 60% freeze basic attack and 4 turn sleep is gonna be sick as gently caress.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 22, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Hit 20, got the free scroll, pulled an awakened 4* High Ice Elemental (Ellena). I was waffling on leveling my existing one as a water damage dealer, so this is nice. I'm hoping Ice Prison hits like a loving truck in addition to the guaranteed 2 turn freeze. This plus Fairy? Crowd control, gently caress yeah. Might finally replace my Water Serpent.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Niton posted:

Out of curiosity: would there be interest in a second goon guild? The first is capped at a super low 30 and I have enough where I could make one right now if there was enough interest.

Yes please.

e: I will say one thing about grinding for a fire Inugami, you sure get a lot of loving account levels for it! I went from 19.5 yesterday to 20.8. I'm just dumping every bit of my stamina into running stage 2 of the volcano, and if I reach a point where I'll level with excess stamina left if I keep going, I'm dumping it into essence dungeons.

I'll probably stop doing this once I hit the current event goal and get a fire inugami since I need to farm up runes, but it's still nice. I am just starting stages on autoplay while I do house work or play other things, so it doesn't really feel like grinding. It is grinding in the most literal sense, but thank gently caress for autoplay.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 23, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Philosopher King posted:

Wait why would you want to tank your arena score again?

Try to find easier opponents. The logic behind it is that without shoving loadsamoney into the game you won't get very far anyway, and getting easy glory currency (or whatever it's called) is more valuable if you can't hold a high ladder standing.

I've been doing this myself and I usually get reasonable opponents to tackle, but once I actually develop a decent defensive team (water witch, wind pixie, not sure what else to go with it) I'm probably going to at least try to put myself in the 1200s.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Applied as TsuruSA.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Must clear volcano for bingo... drat hellhounds!

I find Volcano #2 is the easiest.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

USMC_Karl posted:

So, really enjoying the game so far and having a blast trying to build up my team. Couple quick questions for people out there.

First off, the dungeons and farming. What exactly does going to a higher level dungeon net you? I've been farming the first, second and third dungeons of magic/dungeon of the day for awakening materials and it doesn't seem like there is much difference between the drops.

Second, as far as awakening goes, is it just a general rule that awakening units pretty much always makes them better? I awakened a fire Harpu that I had for it's support ability and the thing has turned into a pretty good support unit.

Third, rune usage. At first I though each slot had a specific bonus (e.g. slot 1 = +ATK) but it doesn't seem so currently. I basically slap runes on any monster that I'm planning on using and punch the runes up to at least +3, even if it doesn't seem like a very good rune. It seems like you can replace the runes for free, you just lose any upgrades you put on the previous rune. Am I doing something wrong? Of course I put more thought into the units that I really like using and try to build a specific rune strategy for them, but is there any downside to just slamming low level runes on everyone as soon as you get them?

Runes: Slots 1, 3, 5 are defined as +atk, +def, +hp respectively. Not percentage, just flat bonuses. The rest can roll random bonuses. However, the sub-bonuses they get aren't slot-specific. I bought a 3* orange swiftness rune earlier today with effect acc%, crit damage%, effect res%, attack%.

Awakening: Someone said there's some instances where you might not want to awaken but I can't fathom what those are. Other than needing materials for more valuable awakenings, that is.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Duxwig posted:

So what is the difference with prefixed vs non prefixed runes?

Ex:
One rune says fatal fatal rune. It lists DEF and Crit rate in white right under DEF
Another rune is a magic fatal rune that's DEF, but the extra attribute is Crit Rate(in yellow)

What's the difference? And do the supplement attributes increase at certain rates?

Okay so I posted this earlier in the thread:

The 'Sturdy' Prefix denotes the first effect on it. Runes go in quality of: White Green Blue Purple Orange.

A white rune has no prefix or special effects beyond the primary effect. At level 3, it will gain a secondary. Then at 6, 9, 12, and I believe 15 is a massive boost to the primary or something, not sure.

A green rune has a prefix and starts with an effect that is boosted at 3 instead of gaining one. It then gains one at 6.

A blue rune has a prefix of the first effect and starts with two effects that are boosted at 3 and 6. It then gains one at 9.

The pattern continues, with orange being the highest base quality. You can upgrade a white rune to orange, but one that started as orange will be better in the end.

I am not 100% sure on all of this but it is what I've observed so far.

e: I am a nutter and I am going to raise that posted rune to 15. It's 11 right now and after 10 it becomes really low chance to succeed. :v: It'll be at least +30% damage, equivalent to an entire Fatal set by itself. My fairy is at 620 attack right now.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 25, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Zotix posted:

This is wrong. You can have a 6* rune maxed out with no prefix. Plain and simple a rune with a prefix is better than one that doesn't. It puts the additional attribute directly under the main attribute, and not in the area below. Try to get a rune with a prefix, but it's not worth holding out for. Some of the top players have maxed out 6* runes with no prefixes.

Yes, if you raise a white rune all the way up, it has no prefix. It only has a prefix if it had a modifier to begin with. It's not 'wrong' I just didn't mention that aspect. :colbert:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Don't be intimidated by trying some of the Hell stages. I looked at them a few days ago and balked at level 40s, but some of the maps/zones are piss loving easy. Like any of the maps that predominantly feature silver monsters. Just because they're L40 6*s doesn't mean they're super dangerous, because they have garbage base stats to begin with. Do them if you can, as they're guaranteed 3* runes with a chance at 4*s.

e: I'm gonna dump like 300+ energy into fuckin' Volcano 2 today man, max out monsters, make mad bank, get as much progress to level 25 as I can.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Sexual Aluminum posted:

What does resistance do? I am waffling in awakening my Ekpiton Water Priest, and with the apparent stat losses some peeps are reporting I am worried he may not get much benefit.

Like the leader skill Resistance? At first I thought it was just resisting negative effects, but then I realized there's a specifically titled stat for that. I think it's a flat damage reduction to the team. I will test it while I grind Volcano today by swapping leaders around.

e: Okay comparing the damage taken between two runs it is definitely not a flat % damage reduction. Maybe the leader skill is Effect Resistance, just poorly named.

e2: vv Yeah that's definitely resisting debuffs, I didn't know what she awakened into as I don't have one.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 25, 2014

• Locked thread