Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Summoners War: Sky Arena launched on mobile devices about a month ago. Since it's release it's already had content updates that have released more monsters to collect and areas to clear. This game is very much like Brave Frontier, with better graphics, and a bit more fun IMO. The graphics are actually very impressive for a mobile device, and the best part is the graphics actually look good in combat, not just on a character card in the menus. At this point in time there are 528 different monsters in the game, and the number will go up as the game gets more content updates. I would like to add this game isn't super pay to win. Almost every monster in the game can be upgraded to the current max of 6*.

CLICK FOR THE WIKI. It's a work in progress as the game just came out.

Goon FRIEND list.

USING ANY COLOR MONSTER OF THE SAME TYPE, REGARDLESS OF STARS, OR AWAKENING STATUS WILL SKILL UP A CREATURE!!!!!

It keeps the element system other games have where you have three elements (fire, water, wind) that work in a circle with strengths and weaknesses to each other, and a light/ dark element system.

So, you might be asking what makes this game special compared to the others? It's a really good looking game for mobile devices.

And a few of some of the monsters you can obtain

Additionally, the rune system gives quite a bit of character customization. Each character has 6 rune slots of which they can equip any combination. The way it works is each category of runes provides a different effect. For example, a 4 set of fatal runes provides a +30% attack bonus, on top of each bonus that each rune provides.

Some tips for beginners:
1) http://forum.com2us.com/forum/main-forum/summoner-s-war/guides-and-tips-ac/53254-monster-rating-compilation-rune-build-included Here's a rough list of the quality of early monsters that you will likely obtain, although nearly everything has a role, you just need to figure out what you want to do and build around that.
2) Your tutorial fairy is actually a really good monster. Work on getting it to 4*, and probably awakened. The only exception is if you get a Water Epikon Priest, if you do, focus on her instead.
3) If you spend money, be wary of spending it on summons. This game isn't nice about giving out 4 and 5* monsters. It happens, but isn't often. There are videos on youtube of 30+ summons without a 4*. Money is better spent on xp boosts, refilling stamina to run dungeons more often. Etc. If you do spend money, don't be upset if you buy the 750 crystal pack and come away with 11 3* monsters, it happens. It happened to me.
4) Stockpile mana. You always want 110k on hand in case a mystical scroll shows up at your store.
5) Plow through the story line to unlock different stages which drop different runes. Each area drops a different type of rune. For example the first area Garen Forest only drops energy runes, which in a set of 2 gives a 15% HP boost. Now, each stage within that area drops a different rune slot. The outskirts drop runes for the first slot, the south drops runes for the second slot and so on. More info can be found on the wiki.

I'll add more information when I get home from work, and if the thread grows in popularity. If you tried Brave Frontier or PAD, give this game a shot, it's pretty good. If anyone has any questions feel free ask and I'll try to help answer, although I've only been playing for like 4-5 days.

Useful Links:
http://appinvasion.com/forums/Summoners-War-Sky-Arena/
http://www.summonerswar-forum.com/
How to build your monsters, with runes!

Zotix fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Space holder for something important if needed.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Largepotato posted:

Started playing as Largepotato

I added you as i have room in my friends list. Let me know if you have any questions.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've added both of you to friends. My vampire should help you guys get through some early content. Runes are going to be the biggest form of early power growth for your teams. If you get Energy runes for your fairy she'll get tanky quite quickly. Try to get HP or HP% for each slot that you can. The first slot will only be +atk, and the third slot can only be +defense, but you should be able to get HP on every other slot.

Also, check the event tab, there's a new event that started today that is like a bingo card. When you complete dungeons you end up getting rewards. If you run the first area Garen Forest 30x, the reward is 100k Mana. The rewards are better for the other areas.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 11, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

DontMindMe posted:

In as DontMindMee

DontMindMe was taken, and for some reason, adding SA is considered an inappropriate term.

Making the name Zotix or Zotics was considered inappropriate.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 11, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've added a friends list to the OP as well. Hope we can get more people playing, game is actually pretty good.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

DontMindMe posted:

Any plans to get a guild up?

EDIT: Although apparently Goon Squad already exists. Doesn't appear to be SA related.

EDIT2: Is the Starter pack worth it?

What is the starter pack exactly?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

DontMindMe posted:

$5 for:
-Mystical Scroll x1
-Unknown Scroll x10
-EXP Booster 12 hrs
-Mana Stone x10000

Yeah, it's probably decent. The mana is a wash as you'll burn 10k using the mystical scroll. The Exp boost is nice, and will help with powering up your characters. The unknown scrolls are basically worthless as you'll be swamped in them. Is it worth it? Probably. If I were to spend money right now, I'd probably knock out a few dungeons and see what kind of limited time packs become available. Stay away from the event one with the Devilmons. I haven't looked closely at them but the rest of the stuff bundled doesn't come close to $50 in my mind. Some of the limited edition bundles are decent. I'd pick up the fairy awakening one if you don't get a better healer early. Any of the Epikon priests are better options than the Fairy. I personally have the Water Epikon priest, and everyone raves about it, but I hear the fire one people are finding out to be a bit better.

They had some decent bundles that just ended yesterday, and I'm sure more bundles will be on their way shortly.

DontMindMe posted:

No crystals in my pack :(

Always log out and back in when you buy a bundle, most items will be put in the items chest on the left side.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I can't get past Giant's Keep 4 in Cairo's island, all of Cairos Island is where the good poo poo is found, but it's also the most difficult.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

DontMindMe posted:

Zotix, were you referring to the intermediate pack worth $20? (Angelmons, fairy awakening materials, etc)?

Not sure if I want to drop $20 on a unit I will most likely replace in the future.

You could possibly purchase that, but you are right you could replace her at any moment. I personally bought an angelmon pack today for 30. You get 750 crystals, 100 energy, angelmons of the color of your choosing, and 50k mana. It's only available once a day and I'm pretty sure if you decline it, you can't see it again until the next day.

Also, there seems to be a growing consensus that crystal summon is better than mystical summon. Yes you get more mystical summons for the same $ account, but people seem to be having better luck from crystal summon, myself included.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I've spent some money already on the game, and all of my good pulls have come from Crystal summon not mystical summon. On the Appinvasion forum as well as the subreddit for the game, most people say crystal summon is getting better results.

Added a Goon chat channel to the OP. It's 9743.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 12, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Garen forest likely. Are you equipping runes to your characters?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

MPLS to NOLA posted:

yall have any clues how to fight your friends? it's the last one of the daily missions i need to finish for the Big Bonus.

You aren't actually fighting your friends. It's using a friends leader in your team for a dungeon. Just take one of your guys out and select a leaders monster instead.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I have a 4* Water E Priest, and she's amazing. Probably the go to healer right now for most people that can get ahold of one, but the fire priest version is gaining in popularity for arena defense.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 13, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

On guild, go to guild member, scroll to bottom, leave is there.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Sirbloody posted:

Is it better to buy mystical scrolls or do the gem summons? I want the most bang for my buck.

You get more mystical scrolls, but people are reporting better results with crystal summons. I got my 4* vampire from crystal

Zotix fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 14, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I updated the OP with a few useful links at the bottom, as well as put the guild info in.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Grats on the ninja. That's a good pick up. Speaking of ninja, just did a crystal summon and snagged a water ninja.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 14, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Post an image of your monster box. You should have a fairy, use fairy for your healer.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

There are issues with android phones on their wireless connection currently. The devs are aware and are working on a solution. Play on Wi-Fi if you can for now. I have verizon and run into issues on 4g, but it's still playable.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Sirbloody posted:

Here is my team. I have a 12 experience boost saved.

Id use your red bear as a tank, use wind ninja, fairy, and wind magical archer. Try to obtain a wind tank soon, or fire dps.

In this game, unlike others, you really can't power your way through using wrong elements.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 14, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON SUMMONS UNTIL THURSDAY AT THE EARLIEST.

Right now the deal running is for 3 devilmons at an absurd rate of $50. You can see this on the left side. It's running for another 72ish hours. When this ends, a new deal will pop up. Hopefully this one is better.

Also, I've read somewhere that Com2us knows that summon rates aren't working correctly right now, and are likely to adjust 4* and 5* drop rates. I did mention in the OP that summon rates are a bit low. Summon at your own risk right now.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It was either on /r/summonerswar or it was on the appinvasion forum in the OP.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I want to buy this so bad, but i don't need it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Yeah, I am getting crushed into the ground in pvp due to a lack of decent summons/sterotypical poo poo that I see most other people rolling with. Someone said something about Thursday, are they tweaking the values on summons?

The weekly special on the left side will change, hopefully to a better package. They are possibly changing the summon rates at a future date, which we don't know when that is.

Jibo posted:

Yeah PVP is totally hosed. I need to start blowing all my mana on fancy runes I think because I keep getting rolled hard by teams I should be way better than.

Don't worry about PvP rank right now. I'm purposefully tanking my rank so that I can fight easier people and get glory points. Screw PvP rank, worry about glory points. Tank your rank so that you can get good PvP glory bonuses.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The more I play the more I see stacking pure attack as a worthless build for nearly any character. Certain runes must be certain things, like slot 1 is always attack, slot 3 is always defense, and 5 is always HP. However, I haven't found a single point in the game where a pure offense attacker is worth a damned. Either against monsters, or against players. It honestly seems like stacking HP is overpowered for anything. There really doesn't seem to be much damage different between 450 attack, and 850. It's a little more damage, but not much. For getting that 400 attack, you can get 3-4k HP, which ends up being a fuckton more useful than 400 attack.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm really hoping for a good gem pack deal tomorrow. Looking to pick up that 2 million mana.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Reddit is trying to get some meaningful monster discussion going on lately. The game is so new, until a real guide is posted people will keep asking the same questions. Com2us should regulate the monster comments though and keep the trash out.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You keep them.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

Should I replace my Garuda with a 3* Reaper? My team right now is the starting fairy, serpent, garuda and the hellhound (I was told to keep this, evolve it and learn to love it).

e: I also just got a Bounty Hunter but I don't see him on the charts.

Bounty hunter was added at the beginning of the month, after the chart was made.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Guy did 100 mystical scrolls and came away with zero 5*. Can't imagine drop rates staying the same as that video gets more popular and more of the community sees it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

100% certain that boss monsters drop. The first zone, can't think of the name, the water variant drops from the boss on hell.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Added a link to the bottom of the OP with build guides for most monsters in the game.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 18, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I bought the fire pack this morning. It's actually a really loving good deal. 5 chances at a 3-5*, PLUS 750 gems.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Got my Ninja to a decent spot for now.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

There's a rough tier list in the OP.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The cost per level goes up quite a bit.

I'm going to be dumping a ton of crystals later into energy refills. Going to try to awaken my vampire tonight, and depending on how that goes, my ninja will be behind it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I use Fairy and Water E Priest for 99% of my teams, whether it's PvP or PvE.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Niton posted:

I managed to pick up a Fire 4* Undine through a series of poor (but free!) decisions, and she seems ridiculously strong.

Her skills are:

Leader Skill: Fire monsters get +40% defense.
Fire Drop: Single-target Fire attack (Whatever)
Fire Frenzy: 1-hit Fire AoE attack, heals your lowest HP unit for 20% of its max HP (4 Turn base cooldown)
Share Life: Redistributes your party's life so all of your units have similar remaining HP, then heals all of your units for 10% of their max life.

Share Life has been absolutely incredible for me, since it's a 3k+ HP heal when the AI is focusing one of your units. This is probably the first time i've been so lucky with an early roll in one of these games, but i'm definitely happy with it.

Still playing Pocket Knights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Make sure you are creating an account with the game, and aren't just playing tied to your device. I just was forced to log in again, and I bet that if I was playing on the device I might have lost my data.

Also, 5* drop rates are loving garbage. That is all.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 19, 2014

• Locked thread