Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
Saw it last night with friends and everyone really enjoyed it. Smart writing, smart directing, good acting and extremely entertaining and twisted. I was laughing a lot at the situation in the 2nd half where everyone has to keep up the insane charade of lies to try and get what they want and nobody gets what they want... they'll be stuck in hell for the rest of their lives. I love comedy that's as black as a gravitational singularity.

The best film I've seen so far this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
She wanted that version of Nick that he was projecting in the interview, the illusion he used to deceive people in NYC so they didn't think he wasn't just another dickdrip from a midwest shithole. THAT'S what she wanted, she didn't love Nick as he actually was... who could aside from his family. Desi was a rich POS but insane and weird and probably not worth the long con needed to get anything substantial out of him. When her on-the-fly scheme worked out at the end she gained a singularity of leverage to force him into that role for at least a decade or two so their kid can grow up. A fitting punishment for all his sins I suppose.

Commissar Of Doom fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 6, 2014

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
I think people will only care that it's a "good" and "well crafted" film that "makes them think" and/or "entertains them" in some way. If it's a POS people will spit on it and shove it on the ever growing ash heap of "cinema."

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009

bubblelubble posted:

Would I benefit at all from reading the book before watching the movie?

I highly recommend going in without reading the book. It was a helluva trip.

• Locked thread