Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

James Hardon posted:

As an otaku pedophile redditor, the latest film from acclaimed misogynist and fellow MRA David Fincher, director of Panic Room starring Jodie Foster, is right up my alley. Looking forward to Ben Affleck being the hero and liberal use of the "c word" toward his wife.

It really is cool misogyny is now "anything right of gender separation"

please don't leave, this thread needs you

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

James Hardon posted:

I'm a PUA MRA brony fedora manlet rapist neckbeard so I'm even more excited to see it now. Misogyny ftmfw.

I really miss having you in this thread especially after this review. You or g00m would have been nice. :smith:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Unzip and Attack posted:

Yeah the FBI wanting to buy her narrative because "they want a good story" sure makes sense, especially with how easily that narrative falls apart. The FBI, as an organization, is a sucker for a good crying blonde.

FBI legit would let people go if it would be hard to prove their guilty, cause a huge media backlash, and harm the organization in some way.

The media would eat up Amazing Amy playing them for fools though so they the FBI would be 100% with going after her. While the story wouldn't be as sexy as husband kills wife or wife abducted by strange rear end in a top hat who keep her in a rape dungeon, the story of a z list celebrity faking all of that to get back on her husband just for cheating on her is major tabloid fodder. It isn't like the Santanic Sex Panic or Central Park 5 or another boring case of a media/law gently caress up. It's has academy award winning film written all over it (ha)

It's a story though and is trying to make a point. Realism isn't always good.

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

I feel like very subtly the movie hinted that while he may not have hit her or been aggressively manipulative, he did treat her poorly and took advantage of her at times. While no excuse for her actions I think having a character who is light gray on the hero to anti-hero scale is a bit refreshing, someone who is not really looking for redemption or to be a role model but just a normal jerk who is still a victim.

The themes of "living out the story" and "reality blurring with the lies" could be a way to view the ending scene where he pushes Amy against the wall- he was never physically abusive but after that narrative dominated the world around him falling into aggressive behavior due to the reality (understandable) is chilling since it looks identical to if he was just a wife beater (not understandable).

It's funny, I cringed like anything during that scene but found it weird that I would when his wife is threatening to either frame him for attempted murder or child molestation or a bunch of other things, it's way more than understandable and kinda what a lot of normal or even good people would have done, and you hit on why succinctly.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Dec 20, 2014

• Locked thread