Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Ixtlilton posted:

He's shooting from the hip Opop, not at all like an elite Counter-Terrorist with very clear rules of engagement and years of training.

Have you played Counter-Strike :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
##vote Met

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Quidnose posted:

Have you played Counter-Strike :raise:

Have you read my other posts this game?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Have you read my other posts this game?

Nope!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Still think this is legitimately an awkward confirmation post. It's far too self-conscious when it could easily be played off as he has today - as if everything were normal. Why not wait to see if the thread is active and then say "oh by the way I'm moving and didn't think this game would start rolling fast!" rather than this? It's odd.

This sounds very forced. How is it not reasonable to say "hey guys gonna be phone posting tomorrow"?

This feels like a really made up reason to vote for someone.

##vote Quidnose

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Blood for the blood god.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Asiina posted:

This sounds very forced. How is it not reasonable to say "hey guys gonna be phone posting tomorrow"?

##vote Quidnose

Agreed.

I've decided my vote on Met is now serious. I'm really hoping he's trying to pull a gambit and it's going to fail real hard.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Philip J. Fry posted:

Agreed.

I've decided my vote on Met is now serious. I'm really hoping he's trying to pull a gambit and it's going to fail real hard.

Yeaaaah. Go look at every other game I've played on SA (is there a list somewhere?) I do this every game that starts day phase.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Met posted:

Yeaaaah. Go look at every other game I've played on SA (is there a list somewhere?) I do this every game that starts day phase.

Don't go killing my dreams, scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

##vote Quidnose

That is not what he said.

Let us analyze:

Jamuraan posted:

I am confirming but I have bitter sweet news. I am going to be moving tomorrow and I'm not sure when I'll have Internet.

"I am not going to be able to post much tomorrow."

quote:

I'll be able to post and read from my phone so we should be okay.

"In actuality though I will be able to post tomorrow."

This is the awkward part, above. A person who wasn't caring about how they looked would say: "I'm going to be focused on moving and might not be focusing much on the game." But the above is cagey and weird: "I am moving tomorrow, dunno if I'm going to have internet, might not be able to post. But it's ok because I will be able to post!" That's awkward and strange. It's caring too much about how he looks, and that's scummy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No, he's saying "I'll probably be fine but if I don't post for 48 hours here is why". You are way over analyzing this

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Opopanax posted:

No, he's saying "I'll probably be fine but if I don't post for 48 hours here is why". You are way over analyzing this

I agree. Caring how people think about you is just how this game works. He didn't want to appear as a d1 lurker without an explanation, so be provided one in case, as opposed to doing it after the fact (worse in my book).

Quids you're probably town huh?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Met posted:

Votefinder has a record. http://votefinder.org/player/met. It lists you as having played three games, although in the first of those you mentioned playing previously outside of SA.

In the first one, you didn't self vote, instead using your first vote for someone who voted you first. In that one, you were vanilla town.

In the second one, you also didn't self vote, again going after someone who voted for you. Once again, you were town.

In the most recent game you played, you self voted first. In that one, you were scum (Godfather). Hmmmmmmm.

I'm not sure what exactly "game that starts day phase" entails but it looks to me like all three of those started with a Day phase.

(You probably didn't mean your comment literally but it's a slow day at work and my boss is on vacation so I thought I'd check into it. Gives me something to post about, anyway.)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

I'm not sure what exactly "game that starts day phase" entails but it looks to me like all three of those started with a Day phase.

Quoting myself to not edit, this part wasn't meant snarkily or anything, I'm new and seriously wouldn't be able to tell the difference because every game I've ever ready starts "Day 1 go!" Like, does having a Night 0 Flavor mean it didn't start with day phase, or do some games actually open with a night action thing?

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

chaoslord posted:

Quoting myself to not edit, this part wasn't meant snarkily or anything, I'm new and seriously wouldn't be able to tell the difference because every game I've ever ready starts "Day 1 go!" Like, does having a Night 0 Flavor mean it didn't start with day phase, or do some games actually open with a night action thing?

Only very bad and very good games open with real night actions by players. You've done both good and hilarious work. ##vote Met

Also Quid reeeeeeaaalllly reaching to find a reason to vote Jam. Would vote.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

chaoslord posted:

Votefinder has a record. http://votefinder.org/player/met. It lists you as having played three games, although in the first of those you mentioned playing previously outside of SA.

In the first one, you didn't self vote, instead using your first vote for someone who voted you first. In that one, you were vanilla town.

In the second one, you also didn't self vote, again going after someone who voted for you. Once again, you were town.

In the most recent game you played, you self voted first. In that one, you were scum (Godfather). Hmmmmmmm.

(You probably didn't mean your comment literally but it's a slow day at work and my boss is on vacation so I thought I'd check into it. Gives me something to post about, anyway.)

Good point. Go ahead and vote for me.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Met posted:

Good point. Go ahead and vote for me.

Why are you the way you are?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

I'm sorry. :(

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Philip J. Fry posted:

Quids you're probably town huh?

Why do you think this?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I need to go to bed. Try not to hammer me in the next 8 hours unless you want absolutely no opposition from me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I disagree. If he had posted what you just quoted, that would not have been awkward. The way he posted was awkward, as I have broken down.

Cearly my opinion is an unpopular one so I won't push it anymore, but I'll be keeping an eye on Jam and everyone else should too.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTr-Nui1tDg

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

I disagree. If he had posted what you just quoted, that would not have been awkward. The way he posted was awkward, as I have broken down.

Have you met Jam? He's like 80% computer, it's all awkward and weird

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
met you sure are being DEFENSIVE

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Met posted:

I need to go to bed. Try not to hammer me in the next 8 hours unless you want absolutely no opposition from me.

This is a good point, we should probably hammer soon so we can avoid more opposition to being lynched

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

Quidnose posted:

Cearly my opinion is an unpopular one so I won't push it anymore, but I'll be keeping an eye on Jam and everyone else should too.

You said it's scummy to care too much about what others think and give "unpopular" as the reason to drop it.

You say that you're going to drop it but then get in another parting shot in an overly dramatic way that makes it look like you're overcompensating.

Also all you've done is push a day 1 case on someone who is clearly going to have limited availability based on one post.

##vote Quidnose

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Science of Suck posted:

You said it's scummy to care too much about what others think and give "unpopular" as the reason to drop it.

You say that you're going to drop it but then get in another parting shot in an overly dramatic way that makes it look like you're overcompensating.

Also all you've done is push a day 1 case on someone who is clearly going to have limited availability based on one post.

##vote Quidnose

This is a lovely case, with lovely reasons to vote me.

1. If I didn't drop the case, people would continue to call me scum. If I did drop the case, people could say that I was folding to negative pressure. Caring about how I look, however, is not really a valid argument. You're buzzwording.

2. You haven't played with me before so I don't think you understand how I work, but "another dramatic shot" isn't a scumtell for me.

3. Kettle, pot, black. What have you done other than jump on a person a bunch of people said they would vote for? And who cares about Jams availability, he signed up for a mafia game and I'm going to analyze his postings as such. Should I give him a D1 pass because he's not around?

Thank you for sharing!

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Hey sorry for all the drama this has caused, I really was just trying to give a heads up to an unexpected circumstance.

Anyway, this is mafia and I appreciate Quid looking into me but I'm not scum and you're wasting your time on a post that has absolutely no bearing on my alignment. I like how you did back off after others suggested it was a nontell, but I can't fault you for trusting your gut, however wrong it may be.

I've been following the thread but I find it hard to formulate arguments from my phone. I usually make cases with several tabs open, lots of quotes to keep my train of thought from derailing. I find it difficult to keep up without a traditional computer.

I would sub out but I should have internet within a few days, I mostly don't want to get turbod again or vig killed, as has happened in my last two games. I want to actually play a game of mafia as crazy as that sounds.

Okay that's all the meta talk I'm interested in doing. I'm camping spawn with smoke grenades and flashbangs. Who is coming with me?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I really hate self-voting and scum claiming on the same level and usually advocate for policy lynching in those cases, so whoever was self voting, stop doing that poo poo.

If you're town, you're an idiot going against your win condition.

If you're scum, you're an idiot going against your win condition.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gonna try to convince me you're not scum but then you are gonna go spawn camp? Tisk tisk.

I'll jump on ##vote Met

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Opopanax posted:

Have you met Jam? He's like 80% computer, it's all awkward and weird

Honestly I'm usually just baked when I'm posting, might explain some of it :)

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

chaoslord posted:

Gonna try to convince me you're not scum but then you are gonna go spawn camp? Tisk tisk.

I'll jump on ##vote Met

I don't like this at all. What the hell are you doing?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jamuraan posted:

I don't like this at all. What the hell are you doing?

Less than 24 hours til end of the day and you, Met, and Quidnose were the ones with votes. I half jokingly made a case for Met earlier based on something he said and that's really all that's happened in this thread outside of Quidnose breaking down your quote and rebuttals to him. Not really feeling Quidnose, and your last post made me not feel you anymore, so I put a vote down. It's been a really slow D1 (or maybe it's average, I dont know, I'm new) so there isn't hardly anything to go on. I mean, if you think I should go someone else, feel free to point to them, but the only other person that I feel could be pointed to is Quidnose because he's the only other person I've felt has made a substantial post that could be read into. Well I guess Science of Suck maybe.

Guess the whole of my point is "There's not really anyone posting for me to try to case and since I half made a case for Met I might as well see it through"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also Met was the one who self voted so he meets your policy lynch anyway

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jamuraan posted:

Honestly I'm usually just baked when I'm posting, might explain some of it :)

I can't imagine how tightly wound you must be sober

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Opopanax posted:

I can't imagine how tightly wound you must be sober

I'm completely different IRL

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

chaoslord posted:

Also Met was the one who self voted so he meets your policy lynch anyway

I would policy vote him if I didn't think he was a dumb newbie. I'm not opposed to your vote, it's how you cast it. You didn't say anything other than "I'm gonna hop on this bandwagon." But then you explained and I feel better about your vote.

I'm just confused why Met would want to self vote. It never makes any loving sense. If you want to die, then you don't want to play, and as such you should just sub out.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Yeah, I should have put my explanation with my vote. I'll make sure to do that from now on.

If he's town, then his self vote was just a D1 jokey joke that didn't go over well. If he's scum, it was a fun gambit (that he has done before).

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I'm looking at Opoponax, Asiina, Ixt and motley but that's purely gut.

It's weird how opo has kind of taken to defending me, it feels kind of forced.

Asiina is way less active from what I remember of other games but I can't remember her alignment from those and it's really hard to meta argument on my phone.

Ixt and Motley have been posting without contributing and historically that is the easiest way to find scum imo.

##vote Motley
I think he has been the laziest and the scummiest of those I just mentioned.

Philip is always on my scumdar so I'm gonna be keeping an eye on him.

I will vote Met to avoid a no lynch but purely on policy. I really can't see incentive to draw that much attention to oneself as scum.

I think Quid is probably town. Everyone else I didn't mention either seem town or don't really seem scummy, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not defending you so much as I'm calling quid an idiot. Your defense is incidental.

• Locked thread