Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motley
Nov 1, 2013
I'm in too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motley
Nov 1, 2013
Confirming

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

chaoslord posted:

Also confirming. What button do I press to use the buy zone? Or are we all knife?

The first round is knife only of course.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

uranus posted:

##area 1

Obviously working together on T side.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

Asiina posted:

Are there pyros in this game?

I want to be pyro.

W+M1 4 lyfe

You can hit 'em with a molotov.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

Jamuraan posted:

I'm looking at Opoponax, Asiina, Ixt and motley but that's purely gut.

It's weird how opo has kind of taken to defending me, it feels kind of forced.

Asiina is way less active from what I remember of other games but I can't remember her alignment from those and it's really hard to meta argument on my phone.

Ixt and Motley have been posting without contributing and historically that is the easiest way to find scum imo.

##vote Motley
I think he has been the laziest and the scummiest of those I just mentioned.

Philip is always on my scumdar so I'm gonna be keeping an eye on him.

I will vote Met to avoid a no lynch but purely on policy. I really can't see incentive to draw that much attention to oneself as scum.

I think Quid is probably town. Everyone else I didn't mention either seem town or don't really seem scummy, yet.

Yeah I haven't been posting much, I covered an extra shift at work yesterday for my buddy and didn't really see much of yesterdays happenings until today. That's the only explanation I have.

Anyway, I'm not feeling good about Quidnose right now. I think his attack on Jam was merely grasping at strings is a little too much of a reach for me. I'm feeling fine about Jam right now, even if his confirmation was a little awkward, I think that it is going too far to say that it was definitely scummy, and Jam's responses to the heat against him seem reasonable and calm.

I'm also suspicious of chaoslord. His vote has moved around and he has shown now that he is willing to jump on a vote without providing much reasoning or silently agreeing with previously stated evidence, even if it is meager. It seems to me like he votes for whoever is currently under heat from the most people without really thinking independently. Comes off as scummy:

chaoslord posted:

Gonna try to convince me you're not scum but then you are gonna go spawn camp? Tisk tisk.

I'll jump on ##vote Met

chaoslord posted:

Less than 24 hours til end of the day and you, Met, and Quidnose were the ones with votes. I half jokingly made a case for Met earlier based on something he said and that's really all that's happened in this thread outside of Quidnose breaking down your quote and rebuttals to him. Not really feeling Quidnose, and your last post made me not feel you anymore, so I put a vote down. It's been a really slow D1 (or maybe it's average, I dont know, I'm new) so there isn't hardly anything to go on. I mean, if you think I should go someone else, feel free to point to them, but the only other person that I feel could be pointed to is Quidnose because he's the only other person I've felt has made a substantial post that could be read into. Well I guess Science of Suck maybe.

Guess the whole of my point is "There's not really anyone posting for me to try to case and since I half made a case for Met I might as well see it through"

His overall explanation for his vote on Met is to just see through a halfway-developed case. I don't like it.
##vote chaoslord

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

Met posted:

Votefinder thinks it will end at 1pm EST July 18th 2014 (25 hours 41 minutes from now) but has it listed as 10 hours 41 minutes from now.

It would be awesome if we could actually figure out when it is. I am having surgery tomorrow so if deadline is tomorrow I might not be around.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

Ixtlilton posted:

Who is scum? Who is not scum? Does it truly matter on this most day 1 of day 1s? Is chaoslord's unforced summary post scummy? Does Quidnose's play remind me of his scum play in Hunger Games a little bit? The answers to these questions are easy to see for the trained mind: I don't really know, may Fry or Quid or chaos I guess, probably not Met, technically, kinda yeah, and lastly, yes.

I considered calling out chaoslord for his slightly unnecessary summary post, but then I remembered that I hate it went people try to interpret so much from so little. So if you want my opinion, chaoslord's summary post is 15% scummy, which is not enough to warrant a vote from me.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I don't get what Met is doing and I don't understand why he decided to antagonize the crap out of me for no reason, and I really, really don't want to play with him as a result of everything he has done D1.

But that is probably not a good reason to vote him and his meltdowns look more town than scum. I've been there.

##vote Motley I think that's an actual scumpost from him, combined with him not being around at all.

And my break is now over! Will check in later.

I haven't been around because I have work. Unavoidable.

Anyway, in order to defend myself (which I know is sometimes quite a bad strategy), I will admit that my post didn't have much substance behind it. It was more of a comment, and less of an accusation. Yes, I thought Jam was being awkward, and yes, I thought you were grasping at strings for making the case that you did. Regardless of whether or not everyone else agrees with my observations or not, I was simply putting my thoughts out there. My post wasn't really an attack on you, merely observations of the goings-on of the past day. Don't look for a well-developed case in my so called scummy post because it was pretty much just my current state of thinking on you and chaoslord.

So yeah, my post and thoughts weren't really that well developed, and I can see where you are coming from Quid. That being said, don't look at it as a lazy attempt at an attack from scum, it was more of a poorly thought out discussion point.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

Ixtlilton posted:

I made a post with my opinions, what do you want from me?

Ixt summed up my defense pretty well actually!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motley
Nov 1, 2013
:ghost:Go Town!:ghost:

• Locked thread