Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have a bad feeling about my playoff chances.

I'm a little bummed because there was a game in one of the early weeks where I could have won, but it would have cost me like $40. I didn't want to blow that much for a single win early in the season but I sure could use that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Teeter posted:

I'm a little bummed because there was a game in one of the early weeks where I could have won, but it would have cost me like $40. I didn't want to blow that much for a single win early in the season but I sure could use that now.

I paid for any win I could, but I went back and did the math. If I had moved points throughout the year without worrying about wins and loses, I would've dropped $110 and been in third place right now. I didn't spend because I spent most of the year in last place and didn't think I had a chance. :v:

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Flacco (23.3) for Manning (12.6) = 10.7 = $11
LaFell (18.3) for Floyd (10) = 8.3 = $9

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lookit this guy.

My 14 hour shift doomed me

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I posted as soon as I got to work and could check my spreadsheet. I tried to make sure I left an hour and fully expected you to come back over the top, but I had to make sure you paid for the win full out.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'm going to be in one hell of an awkward position at the end of this week it seems. It appears that I may be able to cheat to win and that said cheating will determine both who gets in the playoffs and who I will play in the first round.

I've also cheated to win every time I could this season, but it feels a bit dirty when I'm also determining who I play next week.

Of course whatever decision I make is probably going to bite me in the rear end.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I believe the best thing you can do is stand firm and not do anything. :v:

EDIT: But seriously, I am hoping Lacy comes off so what you do won't have an impact. If you cheat to maximize your points, you won't offend me. It's all for a good cause. If you choose to save your money for the playoffs, I don't think anyone would fault you either. You are at 41.1 points that you can add. I have 23.9 points that I can add. If Lacy gets me 17.3 points, it won't matter either way.

....not that I pay attention to stuff like that.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 8, 2014

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Haha, I've added it up as well. I'd rather not have to make that decision as I know I'll pick the wrong team to play.

I'm starting Lacy in another league, but I'm up 57.3 to 25.0 vs. his Roddy White so if Lacy puts up a goose egg I'm perfectly OK with that too. As long as I win I'm guaranteed to avoid the sacko bowl. And yes those scores are as bad as they sound. Average in this league is 110-115 weekly.

e: And I don't even have to worry about it now. Lacy's having one hell of a game. All the better is I don't have to blow $40 as well.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 9, 2014

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Aredna posted:

Haha, I've added it up as well. I'd rather not have to make that decision as I know I'll pick the wrong team to play.

I'm starting Lacy in another league, but I'm up 57.3 to 25.0 vs. his Roddy White so if Lacy puts up a goose egg I'm perfectly OK with that too. As long as I win I'm guaranteed to avoid the sacko bowl. And yes those scores are as bad as they sound. Average in this league is 110-115 weekly.

You can save your money! :D

Holy poo poo, I can't believe I came back to make the playoffs after starting off 1-5 in the hardest league I participate in. Life is good. :dance:

Please don't fumble twice and gently caress this up for me, Lacy. :ohdear:

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
If Cobb gets about about 12 more points (not likely e: especially with that Jordy TD just now) then I'll face you again next week. If not... hope I get lucky next week against Marino and maybe we'll rematch in the championship. If I'm honest I don't expect either of us to make it with the way our potential opponents are performing this week.

Crazy that Nature Boy is going to 2nd in points, but end up with only 6 wins. Scheduling luck has really screwed him this year.

This has been a really fun league though and I wouldn't mind playing the same sort of league non-charity as well next year with just a preset % of final pot paid out for things like top 3 and most points on season.

Out of curiosity - were there ever any prizes donated by sponsors to the winners? I think it was mentioned that they existed last year and might again this year and figure I might as well ask since there's some chance of getting one.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yup, it is down to Borts and Marino. This was a crazy last few weeks. I don't think Cobb is getting his. If Atlanta had gotten the two point conversion, he might have. This is where Lacy runs this game out.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Hahaha holy poo poo Julio Jones and Jordy Nelson having basically negated huge games. That's incredible

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Cobb didn't get his :(
Oh well, can't blame him when my starting RBs are Mathews and Sankey.

I have to pay to switch two starters (RB and FLEX), right? I want to ultimately switch a starting RB for a TE.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Even though (because?) I got cheated out of my playoff spot this was ny favorite league this year. The strategy is so different.

I just wish I was more comfortable with the ESPN UI so I could be more active. Oh well, on to next year. Good luck, charities that are still alive.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Even though (because?) I got cheated out of my playoff spot this was ny favorite league this year. The strategy is so different.

I just wish I was more comfortable with the ESPN UI so I could be more active. Oh well, on to next year. Good luck, charities that are still alive.

Same. You guys are by far the best fantasy football players I go up against, so it is very gratifying when I make the playoffs. I think it says something about this league that almost everyone had a chance to make the playoffs up until the very end.

The Zack posted:

I have to pay to switch two starters (RB and FLEX), right? I want to ultimately switch a starting RB for a TE.

poo poo, I didn't even notice you could do that. Good luck!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

The Zack posted:

You would to TE to Flex first.
Then the RB/RB swap.

If any are negative then you pay $0 for the swap, but count the points against you still.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Aredna posted:

You would to TE to Flex first.
Then the RB/RB swap.

If any are negative then you pay $0 for the swap, but count the points against you still.

I don't think the order he does it matters. The amount will end up the same. If it doesn't, I suspect we will need a ruling from Beer

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Tell me what you want to do and I'll make a ruling. You always swap from the bench to the roster and vice versa, so swapping a player from a RB to a Flex position will require multiple moves. (RB to Bench, Bench to Flex).

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
RB Sankey 3.7
FL Murray 9.5
BN Fleener 8.1

So, switch Murray for Sankey (9.5 -3.7 = 5.8 = $6)
Then Fleener for Sankey (8.1 - 3.7 = 4.4 = $5)
$6 + $5 = $11

If I don't need to pay to switch starters, then it's just $5.

That puts me ahead 128.9 to 128.5. Will Smarms/Johnny's 8-Ball make a move and knock me out of the playoffs?

Edit: I could have sworn someone did this earlier. I skimmed the thread, but couldn't find it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
You swap from the Bench. So Murray to Fleener -> $0 and then Sankey to Murray -> $6.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
hahaha Smarms basically gets to decide if he wants me or Zack in the playoffs :pray:

honestly I didn't even notice until right now that I was the fourth team, god bless Demarco Murray

e: Smarms hasn't posted since October, I don't like my chances atm :ohdear:

uublog fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 9, 2014

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

I want to swap in Lamar Miller for Tre Mason (11.4 - 6.6 = 4.8). I don't know if I pay $4 or $5 but it doesn't really matter because I'm just doing this to jump up from the bottom of the standings as a source of pride .

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You swap from the Bench. So Murray to Fleener -> $0 and then Sankey to Murray -> $6.

I didn't look at it that way. Thanks for saving me $5!

And nobody contact Smarms, ok?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can I cheat for another team? Use my money to to help them?

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

jabro posted:

Can I cheat for another team? Use my money to to help them?

Would if I could!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

uublog posted:

Would if I could!

I'm thinking more of a blind auction to determine which of you guys gets to go. Everyone who wants to participate sends one PM with a dollar amount to B4TBG and the highest amount gets to use their money to either add or not add points to get either of you in. The catch is that no one can use money already in the their account to bid. It has to be a new donation. After the winner donates the money into the slush fund he then gets to use his money in his account to either add points to get you in or not add to get The Zack in.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm not opposed to helping other teams. This is charity after all, isn't it? What do you guys think?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I remember having a discussion about this with you about whether this would be allowed, but I don't think anything was made official. My stance is generally going to be "Whatever puts the most money in the pot."

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Would it be a dick move to drop a good player just to see how much people are willing to spend to pick them up?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'd be against adding a rule to help other teams at the last minute when it matters. If I were the team that gets out of the playoffs it would be hard not to feel like the new rule targeted me. I was going to say those involved could post and say they don't care, but if one person says they don't care then it puts social pressure on the other to do it as well. Also, why would the person more likely to be in the playoffs ever say it's a good idea?

For next year it could be a really fun rule though. Especially the last few weeks where most people were fighting for playoff spots.

Teeter posted:

Would it be a dick move to drop a good player just to see how much people are willing to spend to pick them up?

Dropping good players feels like the rule I proposed (cheat from waivers) where it just becomes whoever has the most money wins. Adds for charity, but takes away a lot of competition.

The Zack posted:

I didn't look at it that way. Thanks for saving me $5!

And nobody contact Smarms, ok?

I certainly won't - I'll be transparent and say I'd rather play you in the playoffs, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else does. Of course even if he knows, what incentive does he have to spend money and kick you out - unless you've made him mad on the forums in the past.

The next 48 hours are definitely going to be interesting.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 10, 2014

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I was just kidding about not contacting Smarms. If anyone knows him, please contact him. I don't think it up fair to uublog to be kicked out of the playoffs because an unresponsive player didn't spend $6 to win a game.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

The Zack posted:

I was just kidding about not contacting Smarms. If anyone knows him, please contact him. I don't think it up fair to uublog to be kicked out of the playoffs because an unresponsive player didn't spend $6 to win a game.

Haha trust me, I'm doing everything I can to figure out how to get a hold of him

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Oh yeah, I don't see anything wrong with contacting him.

Have you can considered researching his hobbies and taking out targeted Google AdWords campaign for a few days?

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Aredna posted:

Oh yeah, I don't see anything wrong with contacting him.

Have you can considered researching his hobbies and taking out targeted Google AdWords campaign for a few days?

That's right after I trace his IP and stalk him for a few hours tomorrow

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

uublog posted:

That's right after I trace his IP and stalk him for a few hours tomorrow

In a stunning turn of events, uublog is unable to set his roster for the fantasy playoffs because he spent all his money on charity and had none left over for bail. :v:

Teeter posted:

I personally think this is crossing the line of competitiveness to most money wins. I think teams should have to play with what got them there.

EDIT: One thing I think we should set guidelines on for next year is the ability to cheat for another person. In my opinion, it makes perfect sense for uublog to pay to cheat for Dr. Zack's opponent, because there is a direct gain for him. However, since we haven't really established if it is allowed, it makes things a bit murkier.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 10, 2014

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Make it like an avatar here. $1 per point for your own team, $2 per point for another team.

That having been said there's a non-zero chance I'd rage quit if someone else cheated for my opponent.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
Sorry, in the middle of corporate meetings, haven't really been able to post for a few weeks (that and I'm so far out of the playoffs at this point...)

I just made a $7 donation. Please swap Garcon with Sanders, giving me a meaningless victory in the name of reducing goon stalking.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
That settles that!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Well that was anticlimatic.

Edit: I have $43 left. I want to use it for something. I haven't been able to cheat for most of the year since I either was blown out by my opponents or blown them out.

jabro fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Cancelling my PI right now.

• Locked thread