Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Cancelling my PI right now.

Pass Interference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Private Investigator.

This is important

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
And we should be up to date.

Also gently caress ME I COULD HAVE HAD LAMAR MILLER FOR LIKE $2.

Too many leagues. :(

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

jabro posted:

Edit: I have $43 left. I want to use it for something. I haven't been able to cheat for most of the year since I either was blown out by my opponents or blown them out.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Any suggestions on how to let people use it?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think they should pool all their resources and give it to me. :D

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Smarms posted:

Sorry, in the middle of corporate meetings, haven't really been able to post for a few weeks (that and I'm so far out of the playoffs at this point...)

I just made a $7 donation. Please swap Garcon with Sanders, giving me a meaningless victory in the name of reducing goon stalking.

Thank you good sir! If I win I shall give a portion of the pool to your charity as gratitude

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

One thing I think absolutely needs to happen is that the battle for third place must be a battle amongst kickers, as it was last year, and as it will always be. :v:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Any suggestions on how to let people use it?

If I had my wish I just would like to add points to games without restriction like I'm a Fantasy Santa Claus. Other than that no clue.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I like how I used exactly all of my donated money and didn't realize it. Here's to hoping I don't have to cheat!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

One thing I think absolutely needs to happen is that the battle for third place must be a battle amongst kickers, as it was last year, and as it will always be. :v:

Confirmed.

Also I would be cool with letting people "donate" their dollars to one team or another. That seems fair and wouldn't be too disruptive. I am open to other suggestions.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
The only other thing I can think of would be to let people use them to bid for draft positions next year. I'm OK with donating to different teams as long as it's decided now.

Would the donations work the same as they do now (bench to starter), or just straight +points? What level of cap for other team donations by each player? Say each person can add up to 10 points to keep it sane?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How about for this season, since we're already in the playoffs, we keep things as-is and have a post mortem?

Next year I'm also contemplating a 2 week kicker war for a gift card amongst all the people in places 5-12 since there isn't much going on otherwise. Maybe another gift card for the guys fighting for 3rd.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Here is what I think. Randomly adding points to playoff teams detracts from skill level. What do you think of teams out of the playoffs bequeathing their leftover pool to a team of their choosing still in it. (If they so choose) On top of this, I think the price for cheating should go up. $2 for every 1 point could be a decent baseline, but we could debate on an amount. I think this allows people to still use their money, while still encouraging further donations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think those two things together makes a lot of sense. I was debating the pool donation thing, but I wasn't sure how to do it without making it seem silly since point costs are the same. Changing it to $2 a point makes it work.

Okay, let's get some feedback. Does anyone here think that's not a good idea?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Looks like I'm going to end up in the kicker bowl. Again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Since there's a chance (OH GOD CUTLER PLEASE THROW EVERYTHING TO WILSON) that it might matter, I would really appreciate some feedback on the $2/point and helping others rule for the playoffs.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

It's weird how everyone was in this thread and then just vanished. Get your asses back in here!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
$2/point, must be decided before it starts and there should be some sort of competition between the players for the points.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Spoeank posted:

$2/point, must be decided before it starts and there should be some sort of competition between the players for the points.

I like this idea but have no idea how to do the competition. If the players lived near each other some kind of Thunderdome could be involved though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I absolutely believe if someone wants to donate their remaining pool to any of the remaining four teams, they should be allowed to make ridiculous internet demands for the entertainment of the thread.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I was thinking something Farthousy, like best song/poem involving your team players or artwork of the same.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay.

:siren: LET IT BE KNOWN THAT CHEATING WILL COST YOU $2 PER POINT FOR THE PLAYOFFS AND PLAYERS MAY MAKE UNREASONABLE DEMANDS TO HELP IN CHEATING :siren:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

So does anyone that is playing each other live near each other? Just wondering.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'm in Tokyo so unlikely.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Chicago suburbs. Feel free to make ridiculous demands of me.

Spoeank posted:

I was thinking something Farthousy, like best song/poem involving your team players or artwork of the same.

Anything specific in mind?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'm happy to do ridiculous things, but hopefully anything can be posted tonight so I can have a bit of time to work on it as well due to the time differences.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah, we'll definitely need prior warning given that the drop dead timeline is the Thursday Night Game.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Aredna posted:

I'm happy to do ridiculous things, but hopefully anything can be posted tonight so I can have a bit of time to work on it as well due to the time differences.

Me too, though it might not matter as much for me since you have the cheating edge

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Only a slight one though. It all depends on how the games go tonight. And so far its looking like I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I certainly did not expect this brand of horrifically bad football!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

poo poo all of a sudden my lead is down to 7, thanks mostly to that last saints drive.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
The end of that half was quite good for me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Welp. Kicker Bowl for me 2 years in a row.

I swear, one year I will win this loving thing and every one of your assholes will have your name on the side of a 120 pound DEATH ROBOT that's seriously safe I mean I can't have the kids make something that kills people what do you think I am some kind of monster!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

3.5 point spread with less than 5 to play between me and and Aredna

:ohdear:

e: the saints not converting probably hurts more than it helps but Cutler has been atrocious tonight so idk

e2: god bless that Bennett OPI penalty

uublog fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 16, 2014

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Ingram TD may be a blessing in disguise. Cutler get's a shot at some long passes to Alshon now

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Aredna posted:

Ingram TD may be a blessing in disguise. Cutler get's a shot at some long passes to Alshon now

gently caress ME GARBAGE TIME

DOUBLE gently caress ME

AND gently caress CUTLER TOO

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Beautiful

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I can't pull enough points out of my rear end to win, lest unexpected scoring changes suddenly pop up. The best I can do is get within 1.8. gently caress that bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I just did the math to see if you could get enough to force me to pay as well.

Now it comes down to if anyone shows up with challenges.

You could always use it against me next week as revenge! hah

• Locked thread