Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Playoffs, I would go for 1 week matchups and remove week 17. How many teams will male playoffs?

Min bid, I'm good either way. $0 does cause more activity which feels like it could lead to more money spent cheating overall.

Top talent from FAAB, I plan on treating this like I would in my regular league, so someone like Foles last year after his 45pt week went for around $50. Exactly how much I would bid depends on my needs and my perception of other teams needs of that position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
In a twelve team league I would have four teams in the playoffs.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
For cheating next year, something like the Calvinball League could be fun. We could put in restrictions around how much could be changed so that it's still sane and requires some skill.

Perhaps the more you want to change scoring the more it costs. For example, I could see something like this working:

- PPR change costs $1 per 0.1 points
- PPY change costs $1 per 0.1 points (Rush/Rcv) or 0.04 points (Pass)
- TD/Safety/Int change costs $10 per 1 point
- Roster limit changes costs $25 each

Numbers of course could be tweaked and we would have to track scores/standing manually in here after each week, but I think it would bring an interesting twist.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
I don't understand the Calvinball league at all but it's fascinating and bizarre and incredibly fun to follow

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Basically, every week, between last game Monday and Wednesday night (to give a little time to fix your lineup) anyone can change any rule they please. Passing TDs worth -100? Better not start Manning. Interceptions worth 500? Where is Eli when you need him?

Additionally people can change roster limits so that everyone must start a punter or are not allowed to start a defense.

Lastly, whoever has the lowest score for a week gets the Calvinball for the next week and can send certain players to "Jail" so they can not be started that week for your team. For example, last year I think one week they made a rule where no one could start players from teams with bird mascots and another week they said anyone with two first names could not start (Fred Jackson as Jackson can be a first name).

I tried to get in this year, but just missed the waiting list by 1 spot. I'll still follow it, but as I was reading the thread it seems like it could add a fun cheating mechanism as long as we impose some sort of $ requirements and perhaps limits (PPR must be between 0.0 and 2.0) or something like that.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Yeah, I'm also in favor of dropping week 17. One-week or two-week playoff rounds both work for me.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

You just made me start following the Calvinball thread. That sounds amazing.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Hey Beer, I'm guessing you'll update the charities/YouCaring page at some point? I kinda want to link it to some people to drum up some support but I worry it'll look bad if the charity I've chosen isn't shown.

Thanks for throwing this all together again this year, btw. Playing Fantasy Football for charity is just about the most awesome thing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lock posted:

Hey Beer, I'm guessing you'll update the charities/YouCaring page at some point? I kinda want to link it to some people to drum up some support but I worry it'll look bad if the charity I've chosen isn't shown.

Thanks for throwing this all together again this year, btw. Playing Fantasy Football for charity is just about the most awesome thing.

Yeah. Work's been nuts this week, but I get home early tonight and can get it all together.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah. Work's been nuts this week, but I get home early tonight and can get it all together.

No problem dude, I know how that goes all too well.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, I updated everyone's status and donation amounts. uublog I don't have a record of you putting any money in. The donation link is here: http://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/cheating4charity-2014/203105

:siren: :siren: ALSO HOLY poo poo WE'VE ALREADY RAISED $1300 WE'RE SO loving AWESOME :siren: :siren:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I want to thank everyone for being so generous in their contribution to my charity. You all have really big hearts. :D

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Jay Cutler. The right pick.

Pity everyone else on my team is absolute dog poo poo this week.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Jay Cutler. The right pick.

Pity everyone else on my team is absolute dog poo poo this week.

Matt Ryan was more the right pick :v:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There's a chance I could lose every league this week.

I hate fantasy football.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
Thank you JJ Watt. The rest of my team can suck various levels of dick.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I think I am boned this week, unless Keenen Allen goes off.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Chris Johnson really wishes he had played in place of FJax this week. Let's make that happen.

e: 17.6-8.9 = $9

Aredna fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 10, 2014

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
do we post our requested retroactive bench swaps here? If so I need:

Terrence Williams for Larry Fitzgerald $11
Riley Cooper for Michael Crabtree $2
Martellus Bennett for Heath Miller $13
Shonn Greene for Steven Jackson $2

:barf:

edit: $28 total

DrPossum fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 9, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yup, that's exactly how you do it. If you could also do the math so I know how much it costs (round up for each player) that would be helpful.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

I think I can win with a swap or two, gonna do the math tonight or tomorrow, and then make sure I got the cash.

Also Beer, any chance of updating the OP with the new cheating mechanics? For easy reference and all.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lock posted:

I think I can win with a swap or two, gonna do the math tonight or tomorrow, and then make sure I got the cash.

Also Beer, any chance of updating the OP with the new cheating mechanics? For easy reference and all.

Fixed! I also updated the schedule so it's 1 week playoffs with no game in Week 17. It's almost like your commissioner is competent!

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 9, 2014

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
A cool thing about this is you're kinda hosed if you lose to someone who left more points on the bench and can also out-cheat you, welp

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I know I'm hosed. I expect to see my win vacated shortly. :v:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm hosed regardless, so hooray!

Also holy poo poo, Azhais just dropped $200. Between that and uublog we're now at $1585 donated. You guys are incredible.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

uublog posted:

A cool thing about this is you're kinda hosed if you lose to someone who left more points on the bench and can also out-cheat you, welp

I think I'll do it it anyway just to make sure you don't snipe me before Thursday's deadline.

Commish, please swap Khiry Robinson for Doug Martin.

8.8-2.1=6.7, round up to $7

The Zack fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 9, 2014

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Time to gently caress over my opponent!

Please swap in Pierre Thomas for Eddie Lacy, 6 pts to 11.9 pts so $6.

And while I'm thinking about it because I'm sure this'll come up at some point: the positions are set, right? That is, a dude can't, after the games are done, 1) move a guy from his RB to his flex slot and then 2) swap out that RB with a WR (assuming it keeps a legal team), I'm guessing? Only a direct swap with the guy originally slotted in your flex, yes?

Lock fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 9, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lock posted:

And while I'm thinking about it because I'm sure this'll come up at some point: the positions are set, right? That is, a dude can't, after the games are done, 1) move a guy from his RB to his flex slot and then 2) swap out that RB with a WR (assuming it keeps a legal team), I'm guessing? Only a direct swap with the guy originally slotted in your flex, yes?

Good question. I'll update the OP. The rule will be that transactions can only be made between your bench and your roster, not across roster positions. So you could theoretically make the move you wanted but it would require you to pay extra to substitute a bench player that you would then immediately substitute again.

If you have the money you can do anything! :getin:

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Good question. I'll update the OP. The rule will be that transactions can only be made between your bench and your roster, not across roster positions. So you could theoretically make the move you wanted but it would require you to pay extra to substitute a bench player that you would then immediately substitute again.

I have more money than bench points :smith:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Teeter posted:

I have more money than bench points :smith:

Same

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
If you really want to up donations, add in some additional bench spots and IDP players. The more lottery tickets and backups we have the more opportunities we'll have to waste our money.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Good point. I'm still tweaking things, so maybe we'll try that next year? I like the IDP and bigger bench idea.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I was thinking more about next year for that rather than a mid-season change.

Also, I did a bit of a better writeup a few pages back for my charity a few pages back. If you don't mind, can you update the description in the OP and on the site when you get a chance?

Aredna posted:

Aredna - Illuminate Academy
My sister works with children who "are on the spectrum", which is the current terminology used to describe those with Autistic and Aspergers like behaviors. Her line of work is in behavioral therapy which focuses on assisting children with these symptoms to communicate and function in the world better. Her success stories include children communicating clearly with their families where they had never spoken a word before. I asked her for charities in her field that could use the money and she recommended a local non-profit started by a friend of hers a year ago by the name of Illuminate Academy. They focus on providing a tailored learning environment to children on the spectrum to allow them to further their education. http://illuminateacademy.org/

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I like this. The Best Philosophy for a charity league.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Lock posted:

I hate you, but you are safe. Half my bench is suspended. :v:

EDIT: Also, nice to know the mechanic I introduced bites me in the rear end week 1

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, as of this moment everything is updated. The OP and charity page are updated, the FAAB are updated, and all of you cheaters got your points.

FUN FACT!

I can't actually edit rosters for previous weeks! So instead I just took the dollar amount for the difference and added to the relevant score. So congratulations, since we're rounding up you can score more. Once again, money provides a benefit!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
:10bux: for me this week

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

:10bux: for me this week

We've changed out the mechanic. Instead of dropping money ahead of time, it's calling mulligans on your players.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

We've changed out the mechanic. Instead of dropping money ahead of time, it's calling mulligans on your players.

Ah, thought it was both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I would like to dedicate this win the high honor Azhais held for this week.

Thank you for respecting Bishop Sankey's feelings and not replacing him on your starting lineup. I can only imagine how he would feel being replaced with the likes Terrance West or Benny Cunningham after being one of the most talked about rookies this year.

e: To show my respect for his honor and in memory of his win I have decided to donate an additional $50.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 12, 2014

• Locked thread