Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cleveland?
I'm sorry, what?
No loving way
I expected this
gently caress, I bet on Vegas
View Results

• Locked thread
Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
How do people still think Wade won't get paid? He'll make $18million+ no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Weird thought: Do the heat retire number 6?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
:circlefap:

Oh my god, the 2014/2015 Miami Heat are going to be so amusing to watch!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

zakharov posted:

What's Pat Riley doing right now

Either crying or drowning his sorrows in a bottle of whiskey. Probably both.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Honestly, good for LeBron.

gently caress Cleveland, though.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
I wonder what Gilbert said.

also I can't wait to listen to Le batard today

sexy mouse fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 11, 2014

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Decided to turn on sports radio:

"Here to talk with us about Lebron by phone is Tony La Russa

Good job, sports radio.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Accident Underwater posted:

How do people still think Wade won't get paid? He'll make $18million+ no problem.

These are the same people saying that Harden wasn't worth a max when Chandler Parsons and Gordon Hayward are making 16+ and 18+ million dollars.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tae posted:

Irving, Lebron, Love that's instant Eastern Finals unless Flip does a take backies.

mdemone posted:

Anybody have more details on the supposed deal they'd already worked out for that trade?

I haven't actually seen anything concrete and Wolfson is usually pretty solid with his T'Wolves scoops. The latest thing I saw is that the Cavs were refusing to add Wiggins to a Love deal and Flip wanted Wiggins+ (the plus obviously being more than cap filler to make the salries match). I think that was a couple days ago. I haven't actually seen a singled sourced rumor regarding a trade to Cleveland, it's all just been assumptions.

This isn't me wanting to hold on to hope that he's staying, either. I'd love to get Wiggins back for him. Hell, I'd be ok with that straight up if it came down to it.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Hate this franchise so much

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
We better get a letter from Mickey Arison in comic sans.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

sexy mouse posted:

I wonder what Gilbert said.

"You want me to suck your dick how many times a week?"

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Cart Mountain posted:

These are the same people saying that Harden wasn't worth a max when Chandler Parsons and Gordon Hayward are making 16+ and 18+ million dollars.

There's also people that don't think Parsons and Hayward are worth 16 and 18 million dollars; basically goons are really stupid about contracts.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I knew something was wrong when Windhorst was reported to be looking for a house in Cleveland

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

zakharov posted:

What's Pat Riley doing right now

have you ever seen a man speak entirely in curse words?

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
It'll be hard to 100% dismiss the conspiracy theories that are going to pop up now.
But then, I'm a Kings fan, so conspiracy theories are all I know in life.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Ron Darling posted:

have you ever seen a man speak entirely in curse words?
i have been to new jersey, yes

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Mister Fister posted:

Dumb question, being a very casual nba fan, but were there better available destinations for Lebron to win more championships? Or is this truly about him trying to help his hometown win a championship?

Phoenix or Atlanta would have been better from a pure championship point of view

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Chris de Sperg posted:

i have been to new jersey, yes

:drat:

PremiumBlend
Jun 12, 2002

We did it little buddy...
I would just like to take this moment to thank Manu Ginobili for slam dunking the Heat to pieces.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

If LeBron really is sincere in what he said in SI, I have a little more respect for him than I did before today.

I'm cynical enough to think it's PR fluff, but I can't think of many other people who would get heavily sentimental about the I-77 corridor between Akron and Cleveland, Ohio.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

CBJSprague24 posted:

I suggested in #sports during the Finals that it'd be hilarious if there was some grander scheme to this, like deliberately making the Cavs awful for four years, allowing them to rack up high picks to bolster the team for his return.

That's the old Hulk Hogan trick, except it only works if, when you come back, the team is talented, see: Goldberg in the Georgia Dome.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

archduke.iago posted:

Phoenix or Atlanta would have been better from a pure championship point of view

Were they ever in the running to get him?

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

PremiumBlend posted:

I would just like to take this moment to thank Manu Ginobili for slam dunking the Heat to pieces.

this was literally the chaos dunk

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

PremiumBlend posted:

Blowing up the Heat might have been the best off season move the Spurs have made in a long time.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
this is p cool

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
left Miami for West 6th street

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Cav posted:

Yeah, I think this pretty much guarantees a max or near max contract for Wade. It's going to take some effort to fill out $56 million with what's left out there, and Wade's probably the only big guy willing to sign there.

Not a bad consolation prize.

And the Cavs sabotaging Miami while owning their 2015 pick is icing on the cake.

I don't follow these things as close as you guys. How do they have this pick? Is it protected? Could the Cavs get the first pick again, that would be some awesome sauce right there.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
At first I figured the Jack trade was going to wind up as a terrible management when they only would up with a terrible Trevor Ariza contract to show for it. In retrospect, it seems unlikely they'd have done it without a firm commitment.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CBJSprague24 posted:

If LeBron really is sincere in what he said in SI, I have a little more respect for him than I did before today.

I'm cynical enough to think it's PR fluff, but I can't think of many other people who would get heavily sentimental about the I-77 corridor between Akron and Cleveland, Ohio.

Never fall for his lies, stay strong and do not expose your tender heart.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Is there any way CLE can keep Deng and pull off a trade for Love? Do they have the pieces to make a low trade work, salary-wise?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

rabidsquid posted:

Never fall for his lies, stay strong and do not expose your tender heart.

Napier is currently crying right now

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I kinda feel bad for Cleveland as a general rule because well, it's Cleveland, and this creates mass chaos in the NBA. As such, this kinda owns. :)

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

il serpente cosmico posted:

Is there any way CLE can keep Deng and pull off a trade for Love? Do they have the pieces to make a low trade work, salary-wise?

I completely forgot Deng was still in Cleveland. Maybe he'll be happy this year :unsmith:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Glad I still have mine.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

il serpente cosmico posted:

At first I figured the Jack trade was going to wind up as a terrible management when they only would up with a terrible Trevor Ariza contract to show for it. In retrospect, it seems unlikely they'd have done it without a firm commitment.
you say that but it wouldn't be the first time that a team's made massive cap-space-clearing moves and then not done what was expected with them (see: the warriors last year when they moved like $25m of contracts and then only signed iggy anyway)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
When are the funeral arrangements for the Miami Heat? I'd like to pay my final respects.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
So excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cav
Jun 7, 2002

I'm a (3 star) Highway Star.

chilihead posted:

I don't follow these things as close as you guys. How do they have this pick? Is it protected? Could the Cavs get the first pick again, that would be some awesome sauce right there.

Amusingly enough it's one of the picks they got from the LeBron trade! Unprotected in 2017.

quote:

Traded LeBron James, Cavaliers option to swap 2012 first round picks (not exercised) to Heat for second round pick (protected top 40 in 2011-12, unprotected in 2013) (2011 #54-Milan Macvan), Cavaliers option to swap 2012 first round picks (not exercised), 2012 second round pick (#34-Jae Crowder), first round pick (protected top 10 in 2013-14, unprotected in 2015) (2013 #30-Nemanja Nedovic), first round pick (2 years following the year in which Heat satisfies its obligation to convey a future first round draft pick to Cavaliers, protected top 10 in 2015-16, unprotected in 2017) (?-?), $14.5M trade exception on 2010-07-09

Edit: fixed for confusion on the year it's unprotected.

Cav fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 11, 2014

• Locked thread