Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cleveland?
I'm sorry, what?
No loving way
I expected this
gently caress, I bet on Vegas
View Results

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Lebron and Manziel win the title in the same year.

Is there Vegas odds on that type of thing? I'd put $5 on it every year til one retires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
What will happen to the Heat Index!?

Cav
Jun 7, 2002

I'm a (3 star) Highway Star.

Notorious BIGOT posted:

Is Love all but guaranteed to go to the Cavs now or is there a chance it won't happen?

I would assume nothing at this point as there's always a case Minnesota has no idea what they're doing. Between the Cleveland, GS, and Boston offers, if they still haven't heard an offer they want for him there probably isn't one coming and they're certainly not going to get more at the trade deadline. Holding off as long as they have only makes sense if they were waiting to make a deal with Cleveland once the LeBron signing happened.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Not entirely sure why LeBron wants to play for Dan Gilbert again, but whatever

Good for Cleveland, they deserve something nice

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo

:psyduck:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Bashez posted:

The Spurs beat the Heat so bad they blew up their franchise.

Spurs couldn't beat the Heat until Wade fell off a cliff. LeBron doesn't want to play with a Wade that fell off a cliff.

Inside Outside posted:

Probably not, he filed the paperwork to change to #6 his last season in Cleveland.

That only matters if you stay on the same team. If you switch teams you don't have to file paper work for a new number.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

When LeBron scores 40 points or more get a free pizza with a print out of your unemployment claim.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

DOOP posted:

Not entirely sure why LeBron wants to play for Dan Gilbert again, but whatever

Good for Cleveland, they deserve something nice

According to Woj, they had a meeting last week and talked through their differences.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

What will happen to the Heat Index!?

I'll be applying since nobody else will take care of it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cole posted:

Lebron and Manziel win the title in the same year.

Is there Vegas odds on that type of thing? I'd put $5 on it every year til one retires.

Is Manziel going to come off the bench for the Cavs?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Melo is gonna feel real small when he sees that we didn't make a thread about his signing

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Imagine if Manziel influenced LeBrons decision, ESPN would have an orgasm

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

morestuff posted:

According to Woj, they had a meeting last week and talked through their differences.

Solid euphemism.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
It can't be said enough that heat fans deserve this. http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/519015

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

mistermojo posted:

Imagine if Manziel influenced LeBrons decision, ESPN would have an orgasm

Literally the first question at his intro press conference was whether he could get LeBron to come back.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
This has got me interested in the NBA again. Feel bad for Wade though.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
I'm just glad to see Miami burn once more.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Bigass Moth posted:

Is Manziel going to come off the bench for the Cavs?

Imagine the pay day for winning that bet with just $5 on it. I would win more than I would bet before Lebron retires

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Spacebump posted:

Spurs couldn't beat the Heat until Wade fell off a cliff. LeBron doesn't want to play with a Wade that fell off a cliff.

Your couldn't should be didn't, because that's false as gently caress as currently constructed.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Seriously I can't NOT be happy for Cleveland.

EDIT:

Also people going "WHY WOULD HE GO BACK TO CLEVELAND?!" really underestimate the power someone's hometown can really have. Where you grow up is a powerful thing.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

Literally the first question at his intro press conference was whether he could get LeBron to come back.

@JManziel2
YESSSSSSSS!! Couldn't be happier for my guy @KingJames and the @cavs #Cleveland

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7302AfpsUA&t=43s

God, he's gonna shred his ACL in Brazil somehow.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bashez posted:

Your couldn't should be didn't, because that's false as gently caress as currently constructed.

It was likely just a matter of effort, if we're being honest with ourselves.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I'm sorry but mr. james is an overrated player and will never win another championship as long as he is playing.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Philosopher King posted:

I'm sorry but mr. james is an overrated player and will never win another championship as long as he is playing.

Get hosed.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Does D-Wade have a son of proper age the Heat can immediately bring in through training camp now? I'm not sure what other moves you can make if you're the Heat GM. Offer Lance the money and personally provoke him with the challenge of trying to fill the gaping hole left by LeBron James?

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
One of my coworkers was sent home because he started crying a little after the news broke. (Heat fan)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

gently caress it I'd buy that jersey, probably could pick one up at good will if i dont mind the burn marks

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Shampy posted:

One of my coworkers was sent home because he started crying a little after the news broke. (Heat fan)

owns

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Shampy posted:

This gift will not stop giving :allears:

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Does D-Wade have a son of proper age the Heat can immediately bring in through training camp now? I'm not sure what other moves you can make if you're the Heat GM. Offer Lance the money and personally provoke him with the challenge of trying to fill the gaping hole left by LeBron James?

I'd be legit upset if we bring in Lance. I honestly hate that dude, and want him nowhere near my team.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Cleveland, where careers go to die

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
When all you have to do to beat a player is turn up the heat a few degrees, your career is over.

I guess he couldn't...HANDLE THE HEAT :smug:

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
I would burn a whole city for LeBron to leave Cleveland once more.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Shampy posted:

Good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Philosopher King posted:

When all you have to do to beat a player is turn up the heat a few degrees, your career is over.

Oh for sure man

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Philosopher King posted:

Unlike the Spurs

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dilber posted:

I'd be legit upset if we bring in Lance. I honestly hate that dude, and want him nowhere near my team.
Yeah, but you could fill him with competitive fire by feeding him the "CAN YOU FILL THE SHOES OF LEBRON?" narrative. The answer would be "No", obviously, but it'd be fun to watch. What other free agents that aren't obviously locked down elsewhere are there? Sorry but Patty Mills already resigned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Philosopher King posted:

Ok but seriously enough of the ESPN Comment Section impersonation.

• Locked thread