Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
pretty much because of crazy religious people. the few parents i know of downies are jehova witnesses and mormons.

seriously abort that poo poo and then try again. unless you're like 40 year olds with fertility probs, its just dump a load in her vagina and try and try again until you get a non-downsie one. don't make the tax payers support your bad decisions by having all this extra special needs education for a downs kid that won't ever be able to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Durzel posted:

The Wikipedia link for Downs is pretty sobering reading and pretty much stops short of saying "everything you could imagine could go wrong with a human can and probably will".

Anyone who - knowing that - says that they think they're going to go ahead with the pregnancy anyway really ought to be culled themselves. It's not like there is a shortage of actual functional human babies out there crying out for foster parents.

gotta pass on my seed man

(even if the baby is retarded and never going to reproduce and will probably die before you do)

eSports Chaebol posted:

OP the reason is because most people don't know because amniocentesis is fairly invasive so women don't get it done unless there are known risk factors (like being old lol)

I dunno anything about the test so 'll take your word on that. it must be like when you wake up early on christmas day all starry eyed and rush to open your presents, only to find there is one under the tree and when you open it, it's a gnarly patterend maroon wool sweaty that your great aunt got for you. only a downie pops out of your womb instead

Xaris fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jul 11, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

MegaGatts posted:

I dont want this post to make it sound like I dont think retarded people deserve good lives and care, but the fact of the matter is they rarely get it, they are a burden of their family, and usually suffer from a series of horrible illnesses.

There are tragic accidents of genetics that make it impossible to tell if a child is retarded until its born, in those cases ky heart goes out to the family. However, it is the apex of selfishness to have a retarded child knowingly. You burden everyone who comes in contact with it.

:drat: Some actual harsh but true words in GBS. I wish I could print that out your post and show it to every would-be Sarah Palin expecting a special ~trig~

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Maoist Pussy posted:

I mean, I guess as long as I am not forced to have a Downs baby then I don't really care if other people choose that particular method of ruining their life.

well except then they'll demand that public education gives them private tutors and healthcare to fix all the hosts of problems at the taxpayers expense and subsidize their willingly downie. then if the parents somehow outlive their downie, the downie will become homeless, possibly violent or something and will end up in jail taking up space and costing you money. at least smokers pay taxes on cigerettes and alcholics pay alcohol tax. there should be a down syndrome tax

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

seriously its because the tests are only just now becoming a possible reality. basically what i'm saying is give it time.

my fiancee and i are expecting and we are getting the blood test done this week and if it tests positive for DS she said she would keep it. i may have to sever.

there's always a hot car... reddit has some sweet tips

just dont wait till it's more than 1 year old or it's illegal

• Locked thread