Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##stand by the dock wave handkerchief as the sailors leave port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

##grab Hal by the shoulders

Hal, I'm trusting you with my mission. If I fall, you must continue on. Let my death serve to steel your resolve. You must complete the super special Whaling Voyage.

##let go of Hal's shoulders

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Rule of Thumb:
If you're writing a rule in an attempt to break the game as town or make it look like you're trying to break the game to appear town, it is going to fail. If you're writing a rule that is ridiculous or requires players to do something ridiculous that might get them banned, probated, or otherwise, it will fail.

If you're writing a fun rule, it will be successful.

Rule of Thumb to the Rule of Thumb:
If you're 'that kid' at recess, your rules will fail. If you're that kid at recess, your rules will succeed.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I was writing the rule to piss off scum why did it fail :(

(okay okay)

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Ixtlilton posted:

Everyone who matters :colbert:

:mad:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The special whaling voyage will take off two hours before deadline or as otherwise set forth by the captain.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##create Sirens in the Whaling zone. These beautiful creatures are evil ladies who like hang out in the ocean all day singing songs to lure sailors overboard their ships and into the terrible sea. The crew of a whaling voyage may use earplugs or other items to protect themselves from the sirens, but the captain of the ship either must throw himself overboard the ship and die, or tie himself to the mast of the ship and suffer 1d6 insanity points, because he is a badass and wants to hear what these sirens are all about. Sirens will activate 30 minutes after the special whaling voyage begins.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

You could matter, 8bux. All you have to do is kill an innocent whale.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

##create port of call zone. Halfway through the whaling voyage the captain may choose to stop in this zone to trade various whaling materials for more supplies. If the captain does not choose to stop here each person on the voyage has a 20% chance of getting scurvy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Current Whaling Plan

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##add Kamek's floating fortress along the path. There is a 50% chance Kamek will help the whalers by giving them good winds, a 50% he will turn one of them into a toad. Also Mario will make a cameo appearance here.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

You could matter, 8bux. All you have to do is kill an innocent whale.

##enter speaking zone

My dearest Ixt,

Listen up you lad. I like your gumption and your desire to attack whales but I'm made for walking the dingy streets of London, not barfing on a ship! Best regards on your voyage.

Your pal,
Eightbux

##enter action zone

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##Rule: Objects intended to be placed into the Whaling Plan must be added by the rulemaker. This rule applies as of four posts ago.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

##rule players turned into toads can not do actions or speak (outside of saying "rrribbit") until getting a "##kiss" from their one true love in this thread. After that they'll turn back into a human and gain all actions/speaking abilities.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
##pick up all the whale points, blubber and bones since no one else bothered to
##join next voyage

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

##pick up all the whale points, blubber and bones since no one else bothered to
##join next voyage

I don't really think of "points" as something that has to be picked up!

Enjoy your bones and blubber or smegma or whatever it's called though.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##enter action zone

##break bilge pump on whaling vessel

##leave action zone

##enter voting zone

##vote Hal Incandenza

##leave voting zone

##enter can't be voted for zone

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

##enter action zone

##break bilge pump on whaling vessel

##leave action zone

##enter voting zone

##vote Hal Incandenza

##leave voting zone

##enter can't be voted for zone

you are dead, jim

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't really think of "points" as something that has to be picked up!

Enjoy your bones and blubber or smegma or whatever it's called though.

##painstakingly carve whalebone into whalebone left whalebone greave, including mystic glyphs of protection
##painstakingly carve whalebone into whalebone right whalebone greave, including mystic glyphs of strength
##painstakingly carve whalebone into whalebone left whalebone bracer, including mystic glyphs of wisdom
##painstakingly carve whalebone into whalebone right whalebone bracer, including mystic glyphs of arcane insight
##painstakingly carve whalebone into whalebone helm, including mystic glyphs of clairvoyance
##painstakingly carve whalebone into whalebone whalebone dagger, including mystic glyphs of eternal ownership

##create rule anyone who equips a full set of armor and weaponry of their own making from materials harvested in accordance with extant rules can grant themselves a flavor appropriate power
##equip whalebone armor and whalebone dagger, becoming a JOAT with One Shots of Doc, Empower, Cop, and Mirror as night actions.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You can't create night actions.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

merk posted:

You can't create night actions.

Fiiine

##create rule gladiatorial combat -- any two players who have equipped a full set of armor and weaponry of their own making from materials harvested in accordance with extant rules can engage in single combat at during the day. Once two combatants have been declared, they each write a description of the fight in approximately 100 words. The next 5 players to post judge them harshly and pick a winner 3/5. The loser is eliminated

##equip whalebone armor and whalebone dagger, becoming eligible for gladiatorial combat

COME AT ME BRO.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##duplicate KhyrosFinalCut's gear by sacrificing an arm to the gods

##start gladiatorial combat with KhyrosFinalCut, even though I have a missing arm

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
From the bones of the fallen, KhyrosFinalCut meticulously crafts armor fit for the gods. Greaves, bracers, a helm and a pristine white dagger are carved, spun, hammered, heated, and pressed into perfect shapes. After months of work, he stares at his beautiful creation - taking in a sense of pride and satisfaction that his labor finally paid off.

"COPY THAT," screams Ernie, pointing the PC-30 Duplicatron 9000 MX at the armor on a happenstance run through town.

The robot bellows a response in perfect monotone: Mr. Ernie, to copy life, you must give life. END OF LINE.

"My arm, then. My arm for the armor."

The PC-30 Duplicatron 9000 MX whirs and squeals. In a swift motion, it chops off Ernie's arm and ingests it into its mechanical core. Clunking, thunking, and scratching follows for what feels like ten minutes until the PC-30 starts to give us its output. Like a 3D printer, the device perfect duplicates the whale armor and dagger.

Ernie, not knowing what to do with the right bracer, decides to use it as a breastplate.

A fight is clearly about to begin. Would anyone else like to perform an action related to this fight?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i love you merk

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
##create rule: every lost limb doubles your strength

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

##create rule - before the battle each combatant may sacrifice pieces of armor/weapons to Iova, the Goddess of the Great Beasts to gain her favor and strength for the battle. The more pieces sacrificed, the more powerful the boon.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##use storm powers to add a dramatic thunderstorm to the duel

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##release 3 lions into the battle

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##have NPC Russel Crowe join the battle and repeatedly say "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##create band zone. Anyone entering band zone must pick up an instrument and join the band.
##enter band zone
##grab bass
##starting playing apocalyptic bass solo as accompaniment to the fight

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

##enter band zone
##sit down at drums
##lay down a gnarly back beat for Opop

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##enter band zone
##pick up a recorder

##blows into recorder making beautiful music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwXFOMBWaGY

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

##enter band zone

##play the keyboard, with special synth stuff for Opop

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##create rule - everybody in the band zone will be deciding who wins in the battle zone.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
##begin combat -- as described by KFC

KFC glares at the machine crafted replica of his detailed handiwork, and he lunges forth at Ernie in his ersatz armor, all but blinded by rage and misses.

KFC staggers through the space that would until have been recently occupied by Ernie's arm, and whirls around in time to catch Ernie's blade with his left bracer.

KFC shouts as Ernie parries a stab meant for his gut and slams his greave-covered shin into KFC’s knee.

Ernie lifts his dagger high as KFC collapses. KFC grins, holds out his empty hand, and speaks “Kaeru!” and the glyph of eternal ownership on Ernie’s dagger flares bright green and the dagger wrenches itself from his hand, and handle first into KFC’s.

“Carved that for a reason,” KFC says and slams both daggers into Ernie’s thigh.

##end description (133 words)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ernie may describe the next battle stage in 80 words or less (he loses some words since he only has one arm and all).

The music put on by the Band Zone is righteous.

The epic thunderstorm is epic.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

##begin combat -- as described by KFC

KFC glares at the machine crafted replica of his detailed handiwork, and he lunges forth at Ernie in his ersatz armor, all but blinded by rage and misses.

KFC staggers through the space that would until have been recently occupied by Ernie's arm, and whirls around in time to catch Ernie's blade with his left bracer.

KFC shouts as Ernie parries a stab meant for his gut and slams his greave-covered shin into KFC’s knee.

Ernie lifts his dagger high as KFC collapses. KFC grins, holds out his empty hand, and speaks “Kaeru!” and the glyph of eternal ownership on Ernie’s dagger flares bright green and the dagger wrenches itself from his hand, and handle first into KFC’s.

“Carved that for a reason,” KFC says and slams both daggers into Ernie’s thigh.

##end description (133 words)

##begin combat -- as described by Ernie

Ernie had lifted his dagger prepared to show mercy, but KFC overpowered him with dark magic. Ernie sits, clutching his wounds knowing that his opponent didn't win out of power, but out of fear; knowing that his opponent's heart harbors darkness and pain, not victory. Ernie looks at the band and wishes they'd start playing a different tune: one that can save KFC's soul. It's no wonder it takes a guy with no arm to see the peace in disarmament.

##end description

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##is entertained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Opo gains 1d6 spectator points.

Roll: 3